Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Watch me Shine ❯ Chapter 10

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Greetings! Once again here is Chapter 10 of Watch Me Shine and thanks to all who emailed me and demanded that I hurry up! I say give credit to my friend Chikara who is a slave driver and forced me to sit down and finish my partially written chapter on pain of death by her hands. So here is a humble offering that I hope you like! Please no flames, good reviews and ratings please! Standard disclaimers. Enjoy! Read and review but be kind! I write based on reviews and remember that I am accepting any and all fanfic on my websites! Please submit!










Usagi sat back, her revelations done, the shock showing clearly on the faces of Haruka, Michiru and Minako who stared at her as if they had never seen her before. "Usagi...." Haruka began tenatively. "What you are about to attempt has never been done before."




"I know." Usagi nodded. "That's why it's going to work." she sighed. "I don't expect you to like it or understand it, but to save myself for the Trials I am going to have to take drastic measures. I had always hoped that it wouldn't come to this, I had never thought I would openly attack, but I have known from the beginning of this whole thing that there was another force at work, I don't believe in coincidences. From the moment when my senshi threw me out, from the second my parents informed me I was adopted I know. The hand was played too carelessly, and the actions let me see who was really behind this whole thing. My only question is 'Why?'" she did not tell them that by the end of the night she would have already completed her first Trial.




Minako sat forward. "You have fought since the day you first met, since you have never given her a chance..."




"A chance? Like hell Minako!" Usagi snorted. "I have given her countless chances! I have made excuses for her and I have defended her unto mine own death! Don't talk to me about being unfair! If anything is unfair it is this underhanded way she has gone and executed her plan to strip everything from me. They are three, remember that and they are working in sync because they are all in it too deep to cast the others away and they know it and I know it, and of course, they are led by HER."




Michiru nodded. "But what you have planned...it will weaken you so much...the Trials to come..."




Usagi shook her head. "It cannot be avoided Michiru. The future has come sooner than expected, and I must be it's herald for if I don't then I risk losing control of all that I have worked so hard for, and all that I am going to build. Through dangers untold I have fought to get to this point, and now, on the brink of MY future and MY destiny, I will not have it torn from me by some power hungry bitch."



Haruka smiled. "I don't claim to understand the innerworkings of royalty and the like. That is not for one such as me. I'm just here to kick ass and sleep till noon." she stood and knelt in front of Usagi. "But know this. I am also sworn to protect you from everything and all threats and that includes yourself your royal hiney. I know where you are coming from and I also know that to shape the future you have to confront the past that you have been running from. I will help you, and I will support you. I will always stand by you, you have my sword."




Michiru joined kneeling next to Haruka. "To you I bend knee willingly, though Rei and Chibi Usa had to force me. You have my mirror and all the powers of Neptune at your disposal."



Minako's jaw hung open, not having realized until she saw this scene just how much Usagi had grown beyond her. Oaths of fealty! Complex plans that she never would have thought possible. For a moment she was sad, her best friend having left her for adulthood...an adulthood Minako wasn't quite prepared to face yet. She watched Usagi and knew in that instant, that Usagi was meant to be Queen, and she would be Queen. "In for a penny...into the ground." she said as she joined them, kneeling to Usagi.



Usagi groaned as Haruka bit her lip to keep from laughing and Michiru's shoulders shook with silent laughs. "I couldn't have said it better myself Minako."








Mamoru knocked on the door and waited, his skin shivering at the thought of Rei touching him. How he yearned to speak the truth, to shout it to all the lands about his Usako, about her intelligence, about who she really was. The door cracked open and he saw Yuuichirou standing there, eyeing him with a cross between hatred and pity in his eyes. "Come in Mamoru-kun, she is expecting you."



Mamoru nodded and followed him inside the jinja, a heavy scent hung in the air and Mamoru knew that it was meant to be an aphrodisiac but instead was making him nauseous. It was going to be a long night. "I hope I have not kept her waiting." he replied offhandedly.




Yuuichirou turned to face him. "I loved her once Mamoru, and I think I could love her again. She has never had any use or time for me and I accept that fact. There was one time long ago when she came running after me begging me not to leave and I came back for her. She has changed and moved beyond the person she was, the person I loved and I miss that. It's hard to say how she's changed but she has. Know this Mamoru, I know that you are cheating on your girlfriend to be here with Rei and I know that if Usagi ever found out that she would be crushed. You have hurt Rei and her tender heart enough, do not hurt her any more by toying with her. If I must stand aside then I stand aside to the man who Rei loves and who she has always belonged to. Leave Usagi by the side of the road and accept the gentle gift that Rei has bestowed upon you one final time."



Mamoru didn't know what to say, he couldn't answer that. Gentle gift? Rei? He highly doubted it, but he knew that love was blind and as long as Yuuichirou thought that Mamoru was in love with Rei then he would tolerate the man. How would he react when he found out that Usagi was going to make Rei dance to her tune before she bent knee to her? "I understand." he replied for what else was there to say.



"Through here." Yuuichirou nodded and gestured towards a door.




Mamoru thanked him and opened the door. The scene inside made him freeze even as his jaw dropped at the sight that lay within.








Chibi Usa paced relentlessly through Usagi's old room, searching, snooping desperately for anything that she could use against her. Her future mother had forseen her daughter's greed however and she had taken all, leaving nothing of worth behind, and to top it off she had returned one night and taken more from the room while Chibi Usa slept. She and Luna were understandably indignant. "I must figure out a way to use the ginzuishou."




"What about your ginzuishou? Remember the one from the future that was absorbed inside your body? The one that is in your locket?" Luna asked, lying on the bed and yawning as she smiled at her mistress. Finally an owner and princess worth serving!



"I've tried to use it!" Chibi Usa snapped. "The crystal has been nullified by something! It won't work or listen to my commands."



"Usagi must have klutzed out and done something to damage it. You poor darling, not even able to use your own birthright in your own defense because your mother ruined it as she does everything else." Luna soothed walking over to Chibi Usa and nuzzling her.



"What will I do?" Chibi Usa wailed. "I need the ginzuishou! Usagi will never give it to me and we both know it. She will surrender it to no one."




"Then perhaps we should make things more interesting for her." A voice interjected into the room. "My Maiden, I cannot believe what she is doing, how she has treated you and I cannot believe that she is denying you the chance to live." the voice paused. "I need you my Maiden and I will have you yet."



Chibi Usa raised her eyes to the window and smiled. "Helios!"



He entered the room. "Setsuna is drunk, Hotaru in shock. My rage has been kindled against Usagi, my fury directed towards the last Lunarian because she is taking you from me. You were meant for me, you always have been and I will ensure that you will be born." he said, his eyes flashing.



"What will we do Helios?" Chibi Usa breathed, just being in his presence intoxicating. She was almost fourteen thanks to her time travelling...who said Mamoru had to be the first as long as he was hers in the end?



"Take that which is most valuable to her." Helios replied. "Force her to give up the ginzuishou and force her to succumb to our wishes and conceive you. The world needs you my Maiden, it does not need her."



"Hear hear!" Luna agreed as she came to stand at their feet looking at them, both regal and stately in their demeanor. At last a king and queen who she would be proud to serve, a king and a queen with brains.








Hotaru gently slapped Setsuna's face, begging her to wake up from her faint. Because she had not been injured she could not be healed. "Setsuna come on. There is work to be done and a Guardian to stop." Hotaru repeated for the fifth or sixth time. She stared off with her fathomless purple eyes into the distance, letting them glaze over slightly even as they teared up. Setsuna's plans were put into action, now Hotaru's dread plans had to be seen to. Hotaru was not the only one who had power over life and death, for it belonged to one other. Hotaru had died many times and did not fear death, save for now. Her end was coming, for she had seen the danger that was approaching and to save her Princess she would give her life.







Setsuna was lost in a dream. A memory. A rememberance of a thousand years ago when her warnings and wishes of what was to be had been ignored, a time when the Galaxy was nearly rent in twain and it wept even as it bled still.



**** "Truly your Majesty I speak the truth. I am telling you that she is not to be trusted." Setsuna reported, her eyes on the ground.



"I think that you are set against her Setsuna. It's not so surprising seeings as how you were one of the first and you are by far the oldest."



"I tell you what I see when I look into the Time Gate. You must destroy her now!"



"I will not destroy one of my own!" Selenity snapped. "She is my senshi and I will stand for her if needs be. Yes she craves power...so does Mars! You do not speak against her!"



"But Mars is long lived and noble, as are all the planets...save one. She wants the longevity that you and Lunarians possess. The Time Gate shows that she will destroy you."



"I do not think so Setsuna. I will not listen to you this time. I trust her."



"You give trust far too easily and put too much stock in Oaths. Even a person can lie during a blood Oath if their will is evil enough." Setsuna closed her eyes in frustration even as tears burned behind the lids. This had not been forseen by the Time Gate and if this path continued then she would never know what was to happen next. "Nothing good can come of this Selenity." she replied, ignoring protocol and looking at her sovreign in the eyes. "War will come if you do not nip this problem in the bud now."



Selenity sat back and closed her eyes, her blonde hair drooping. Setsuna was never wrong and she always spoke the truth. What was to be done? The Cauldron had to be protected, the Core had to be protected. If what Setsuna said was fact then doom for the Galaxy was approaching. "She cannot turn on her fellow senshi Setsuna. I do not see how."



Setsuna sighed. "She covets your power, she covets your longevity and she covets your fiancée."



"She would not touch Endymion!" Selenity said indignantly. "Nor me. I've been family to her."



"Ambition knows no family." Setsuna said ruthlessly. "She is the only senshi not of noble blood, and she yearns to be more than what she is."



"Who doesn't?" Selenity replied offhandedly.



"Selenity please!" Setsuna begged. "Do not do this! Heed me and my warning! Banish her! Destroy her before she destroys you and all that you hold dear!"



"No." Selenity replied with finality. "And I will hear no more accusations against her. The future is not set, and you are far to dependent on that Gate of yours. I shall have a chat with your father and inform him that you are letting it guide you in all decisions. Your focus determines your reality Setsuna, not a Time Gate. I will not live to a pre-formed path or destiny! Let's make it up as we go along."



Setsuna shook her head, knowing nothing she could say would change her mind. Tears longed to fall as she knew that this decision would bring them all to peril. "Then prepare yourself for the worst." she said tonelessly. "Do I have your leave to go?" at Selenity's nod she stood to walk out, noting the tears on Selenity's face as well. This was the first time they had ever openly disagreed and clashed, this was the first time her warnings had fallen on deaf ears. As she left Selenity's chambers she passed Sailor Earth who wore a broad grin on her vulpine face.



"You seem upset Sets." she said casually, not even pretending that she didn't know what about. "Your latest attempt to discredit me has been in vain and done no good at all." she shook her head even as her smile grew wider. "Now the games begin."



"If you harm her in any way Beryl..." Setsuna could not finish the warning, her anger and hatred at this creature beyond reproach.



Beryl did not reply, just turned on her heel and left. Setsuna watched after her and knew that doom flew on swift wings. Trouble had three children and Beryl was all of them.





**** The attack was swift and brutal, even as Setsuna raced to the side of her Queen, she first headed for the Cauldron and the Core and locked the doors giving orders in Selenity's name to the Outer Senshi, to the Galactic Senshi. The Stars were determined not to let anyone pass save Selenity herself. As she finished her work making sure that all the planes and doors were protected, she cursed Beryl and Selenity's purity and refusal to listen, now the entire Galaxy was at war. She had to get to the Moon, to get to the Palace. At the time when Beryl confronted Selenity and Queen Serenity sought to use the ginzuishou to protect them, Setsuna heard a silence fall in the Outer Rim and knew that Saturn had unleashed her deadly powers. As Queen Serenity used the ginzuishou and lay dying on the cross that her pillars had formed, Setsuna stared with pain filled eyes at the spear that had been plunged through her body by one of the Four Generals. As Setsuna fell to the ground amidst the dead and dying Senshi, she saw the bloody remains of her Princess who, barely alive added her power to her mother's to seal off the damage done. As death sought to close her eyes she saw the Stars still protecting that which mattered most and vowing vengeance on Beryl for all she had done. As she prepared to give her last breath, she felt herself transported back to her Gates and the sweet voice of Selenity over all else apologizing. "You were right." were the last words that Setsuna heard and then darkness came and she knew no more.****





Hotaru, with her hands on Setsuna's head watched all, knew all and finally understood. Usagi had not listened about Beryl, the fallen Senshi a thousand years ago and had brought doom to all that was. Now she was changing the future once more with denying Chibi Usa and once again the strings of Time quivered as balance grew unsettled and nothing was as it seemed.







Mamoru gaped like a fish out of water at what Rei and Chibi Usa had prepared for him. The air was heavily laced with the scent of jasmine and the inner room where Rei was was swathed in red lace as the sacred fire burned nearby adding a devlish glow. With all the red it seemed like the entrance to the pit of hell and in the middle of it, propped up on pillows and looking for all the world like a harem girl was Rei. A jeweled bra that covered nothing adorned her body even as sheer, red harem pants covered her legs. She was barefoot and her hair was down as usual. Some kind of music played in the background but Mamoru tuned it out. Yes, Rei looked beautiful, but when she held out her arms to him beseeching him to come he found himself not tempted, not wanting to go. Indeed he was frozen to the spot. If it had been Usagi he would already be ravishing her...the scene was seductive and screamed it aloud, yet he was not moved. "Come to me Mamo-chan." Rei said throatily, trying to sound like a temptress but to Mamoru's ears she sounded like she was choking on something. Wishing for Usagi's strength, he crossed the floor and went to her.







Usagi sat. She knew what Mamoru was seeing for it was also in her mind, having opened herself up to the link. She smiled slightly knowing that it repulsed him, that he did not want this nor did he hunger or desire Rei. She sensed Chibi Usa and knew Helios had arrived. It did not surprise her that he had forsaken her or his cousin, for his desire for Chibi Usa was stronger than any other force she knew of. She sighed and ignored the looks from Minako, Haruka and Michiru. She was waiting. The air was pregnant with mighty expectation. She felt it coming, felt the presence drawing closer. When she saw a grizzled figure before her in her living room she stood and knelt deeply. Haruka frowned. "Who the hell are you?" she demanded. "The ghost of Christmas past?"




The figure ignored her. "Are you prepared for your first Trial?" he asked in a voice that was as timeless as the ages it had seen pass, as the life it had given.



"I am." Usagi replied in a shaking voice.



He held out a hand and Usagi took it. Haruka, Michiru and Minako said and did nothing, indeed they were unable to as they realized who this was. Chronos, the father of Time, the father of Setsuna and the deliverer of Usagi's first Trial. "Be safe." Michiru prayed as Usagi vanished.







Usagi was afraid, but she was not about to quit now. She had come to far, had too much invested. Time was moving swifter than she ever could have imagined it. She was determined to make her wishes come true. Her will would be law and her determination grew ever stronger. She had smiled when she was bleeding and she knew she had alot to lose but she also had something to prove. No longer would she linger on her shoulda, woulda, coulda's. She said goodbye to all her yesterdays. She was going to touch the sky and fly. "I ain't here to play." she whispered even as Chronos turned to her and she waited for him.








And that ends Chapter 10! I hope that I have not made any cliffhangers too bad since I have been told that I am terrible at writing them. Oh and to the person who keeps writing to me and telling me that they shouldn't have bothered reading my work, why the HELL do you keep reading it then? To you I give a big "Sod off!" Anyway, the next chapter is already in the works and on it's way. Please enjoy this humble offering. Remember NO FLAMES! Good reviews and ratings! I write based on ratings! And thanks to all who reviewed my latest poem "Struggle!"

Ja!