Saint Seiya Fan Fiction ❯ Armours, secrets and amazons ❯ The comeback ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 05: COMEBACK
Marin avoided the strike because Hyoga used his body as a shield, taking the hit right in the chest and broke through the wooden window before hitting the ground due the impact. Marin was dumbfounded when she saw the attacker directly, so much that she could not react in time and got hit on the side before leaving the cabin, feeling betrayed.
“Aioria… How could you do this to me?” She thought while taking a few steps back. “I always trusted you… well, not lately, but that's no excuse to attack me this way”
She saw him walking towards her with a furious look on his face and badly enough she couldn't do much to defend herself, not in the condition she was. And even if she could, it wouldn't matter, after all he's a Golden Saint and she knows how strong he is, but above all she wouldn't dare hurt him, she could not hurt the person that meant so much to her.
Hyoga recovered from the initial impact and seeing that Marin was in danger, without much thought, he countered. “Diamond Dust!”
It didn't affect him, but he stopped and that's what Hyoga wanted.
-“Run, Marin! - He yelled to the amazon -I'll stall him!
She should be thankful Hyoga responded to the attack and let her escape. She didn't like it, but when confronting such a powerful Saint, she was in great disadvantage in strength and of mind. After a lot of running, she stopped at the first rock she could find. She paid no attention to the pain, but she could feel the blood loss from the wound. She could also feel Hyoga's cosmos clash with Aioria's.

But she wasn't the only one who felt it. Mu put aside the cloth he was repairing when he felt the battle. Aldebaran ant the rest of the Golden Saints were also on alert.
Shun dropped the glass of water he was about to put aside from his bed.
-One-san, did you feel that?
-It's Hyoga- said Ikki - He's fighting someone.
-Let's check it out!

Milo wasn't in his zodiac home, because he was looking for a strange plant together with his student, Jost. They were both sitting down on the cliff.
-Master, I'm sleepy. -Said the kid- How much longer do we have to wait?
-This plant only blooms at the light of the full moon. When it's time, you will see it.
-But why is it so important? I mean, it's only an herb.
-That it's also poisoness and poisons are also good medicines and you must learn all about them. So just sit down and learn, when it blooms we'll put it on this jar.
The kid got near the plant and notices no great change, but then Milo also felt Hyoga's cosmos fighting against an unknown foe. He immediately started running in that direction, but on the way he identifies the smell of blood and noticed Marin there.
The amazon was already sure that her attacker was Aioria, but she never thought he'd be capable of hurting her that way. She was thinking that in reality, he never saw her as he's friend, now that he was more than willing to kill them. The wound she carried was really serious, an artery was damaged and even does she try to contain the hemorrhage, she knew she would die in a couple of minutes if she did nothing. But she had no idea who to go too. She didn't know who to trust anymore, he was the only one she trusted. Now there was no one left to help her.
-Marin- They shouted behind her.
-No… please Aioria… don't hurt me - she muttered.
-He did this to you? - He asked her while holding her and checking her wounds.
Marin tried to get him to let go, she couldn't see that it was Milo who was speaking to her. -Let go of me Aioria!
-I'm not Aioria, and I'm not going to hurt you.
-Please, don't hurt me. - She replied and tried to get away, but could only walk a few steps before falling unconscious.
Milo cached her before she could hit the ground. He immediately stopped the bleeding by activating the exact pressure point to do so. It puzzled him what he just heard, but there was no time to think about it, he had to attend to her as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Hyoga was getting ready to counter-attack.
-You won't hit me so easy this time - he said- I'm ready
He's aggressor replied while turning towards him -Really?
Once he saw him, Hyoga was literally paralyzed; this gave him another chance to lay damage while making fun of him.
“No… Shun. It can't be you. That laughter… I remember it” Thought Hyoga exhausted and unwilling to attack seriously his friend. “But it can't be, he's dead, we destroyed him, Hades is dead.”
-That's what you want to think… What Athenea wants to think -He responded like if he could read his mind and struck him again with his cosmos, still making fun of him.
Both Ikki and Shun were getting close to the battle field. But they could only see a shadow disappear when they both got there. Hyoga could not regain his composure, the fatigue and wounds would make him fall to his knees. And when Shun got close, he immediately pushed him away.
-Hyoga, What happened to you?
-Please don't hurt me- That's the last thing he said before everything went black.
Shun didn't understand a word he said. Both Ikki and he got him up to check his injuries.

Athenea also felt what was happening. Aioria, who was giving her some reports, also felt it.
-Hyoga…
-I'll check it out. Please remain here.
She acknowledges, but when she was alone, a cold chill made her tremble when she felt a presence next to her.
-Who's there?
-Someone who protects your interest. -A strange figure responded whose face she could not see. -They were stirring things too much. If you can't keep control over them, they'll find out what you're doing.
-Them?... other than Hyo… Cygnus, who else did you hurt?
-A medaling Amazon.
Athenea grab her head. “Marin…no, not her”.
-It would be better if you just break up the Pact, or your Saints will pay for it.
-I can't! She'll be here soon and when she finds out…
-If that's the way you repay favors, then I'm out of here. Do what you can then, because I won't be able to help you anymore.
-Brother, wait!
She was left speaking to herself; mean while outside, the entire Sanctuary was waking up to what happened. She alone was regretting… “The Pact, they know about the Pact”.
……………………̷ 0;………………………… 230;……………………….

Shaina, Misha and Cagglio were finishing their run. They were just arriving to the seaport, there were no major delays during the trip, though Shaina did find out that Misha was a real pain in the neck. That girl did not act in anyway according to her age and they almost got thrown overboard in the middle of the sea because of her. Also, Shaina keep suffering nightmares every night and the lack of sleep was beginning to affect her.
While getting closer to the Sanctuary, Misha looked more nervous, while Cagglio, who showed no emotions at all in the past days, was clearly impatience, because she would not stop walking.
-You really are anxious, aren't you? - Shaina Asked.
-I already told you, I want to see the faces of those who would see me dead.
-Then we'll see who gets there first.
-A race. How exciting! -Said Misha and took the lead for a moment.
Cagglio, knowing the place, took a big lead, but not for long. Shaina, who is younger, left them whey back. When they arrived at the limits of the Sanctuary Shaina stopped, waiting for an exhausted Misha, who stopped a few meters back.
-Years caching up on you?
-I'm not that old, I'm just a year older than you and fortunately it doesn't show. I stopped because my mistress is over there. -She pointed to some rocks- That place, that's where they used to train us Amazons. Now, come on, we still have a long way to go.
-Right, let's go.
But then Shaina heard a voice -Stop right there!
-Why should I? -She answered, recognizing the voice -It's not in your best interest to bug me Jabu.
-Shaina, It's you! -The bronze Saint got closer -I'm glad you came back!
She turned around - As you can see, I'm here. Didn't you recognize my cosmos?
-Well, it's just that I… with all that's happened here…
-I have no time for gossips, I've finished my mission and I need to see Athenea.
-You can't, there are two strangers with you and…
Shaina ignored him and continued her way with the other Amazons.
-I think is best if someone else explains to her what happened… Said Jabu to himself.
Shaina and her new companions traveled through the Sanctuary fast, the place felt uneasy and chaotic. Some aspirant saints saw them with jealousy and strangeness. Misha didn't seem to notice or did not care. She admired the place, she was even telling Shaina what she remembered of such or such place. She kept talking while Cagglio did not say a word. When they got to the base of the stairs leading to the palace, they ran into Milo, who was getting back from the house of healing.
-Well well, I'm glad to see you -Said Shaina.
-Did you finish your mission?
-Of course, I've recovered the cloth she asked for. I must get to Athenea, present to her the cloth and also some Amazons that have returned. Look, she is Misha, bronze cloth of the Crane. And her mistress Cagglio, Silver cloth of the Lince.
Cagglio did not move, while Misha only nodded. The Saint of Scorpio looked on with detail and said: -We better talk later, hurry up and go see Athenea, She is waiting.
-Of course, Milo. See you later.
Milo considered it wasn't appropriate to tell her what happened in front of those strangers. He watched her as she was leaving. She looked different from who she was three weeks ago. Something in her had changed, and not only the way she walked, she looked more confident and proud of herself, he can even say he heard happiness in her voice. It was difficult not to admire her, if she could confront her problems and succeed that also gave him satisfaction. Some good news between so many bad ones was a good change. He also saw the strange cloth box she recovered in her trip and there was a seal he identifies immediately. But he didn't dare ask, with all that's happened, it's best to leave her be and let her tell him what happen in her trip.
When arriving at Athenea's palace Shaina was amazed to see Mu waiting at the door. It seems he'd been waiting for them for a while now, because he looked relieved to see them.
-Shaina, finally you've returned.
-Yes, and it looks like you've been waiting for me. Is there clear passage for two Amazons?
-But of course, Athenea is waiting.
-Thanks.
Mu stared at Cagglio and asked: Do you still hold the Linx Cloth?
-Yes I do - answered Cagglio.
-It's in excellent condition.
-Even doe the last time I confronted a Saint it was almost destroyed.
Mu gulped and felt uncomfortable, that Amazon was as straight forward liked he remembered her.
Shaina interrupted: “Then… can we pass?
-I better accompany you.
Strangely Shaina felt her body filling up on energy and confidence the deeper they went into Athenea's chambers.
-You Holiness, Shaina of Ophiucus has returned.
Saori responded from within -Please enter Shaina and you two as well, I've been waiting. Leave us Mu, I'll call you later.
-Very well, you're Holiness- He retired filled with doubts. He also felt a strange cosmo-energy surge from the cloth Shaina was carrying; also he didn't trust the other amazons, especially Cagglio. Even Shaina was different, she was definitely she's not the same one that left.
Shaina walked with confidence to the end of the chamber, carrying the cloth on her back. The other Amazons followed her a few steps back. Misha observed everything with amaze while Cagglio didn't show any interest, almost like if she had been there before. Athenea got up from her couch when they were getting close. She looked anxious, with great curiosity and great expectations when seen Shaina get close. She noticed this and stopped a few meters from the staircase.
-You brought them with you. You're colleagues and the cloth.
-That's right- Replied Cagglio -I suppose you really need it because you already sent your Golden Saints to recover it.
Shaina y Misha both were astonished with Cagglio's attitude, but Athenea did not seem to care.
-I know they could not bring it back. You were waiting for her, am I right?
Cagglio, you did the right thing leaving this place the way you did. I' sorry for making you go through all this and for all the time you spent in exile I apologize. The order of your execution has been stopped; no one will come after you anymore. Shaina, you have done an excellent job. Thanks.
-It is I who should thank you. This trip has helped me a lot.
-I hope that. From now on you all feel welcome in the Sanctuary, if not, please let me know.
-We don't like to annoy anyone with our problems; -Said Cagglio- We fixes them. But we appreciate being able to return home.
-Then you can go now. I'll call for you when it's necessary, in the mean time, enjoy your return to the Sanctuary; you are free to go wherever you please.
The three amazons got up, but Saori said: “Shaina, Cagglio, please wait, I need to speak to both of you.
……………………̷ 0;…………………….

While Shaina and Cagglio waited in silence Misha obeyed and left a bit annoyed, outside a pair of guards pointed the way out, she acknowledged without saying a word. Once outside Misha asked herself: “Now what?” But when she noticed that the entire Sanctuary can be seen from there, she distracted herself by admiring the scenery.
Shaina did not move until Saori told her to stand up and was amazed that she got close to her. -You thank me for sending you to look for that cloth. I suppose you past a test, am I correct?
-Yes you're Holiness, and it helped me a lot. It made me remember who I am and once again feel pride in being an Amazon.
-But the real test is just beginning Shaina. You didn't wear it, did you?
The Amazon was stunned by the question and didn't know how to respond -I think it was just a few moments, I don't need it, I have my own.
Saori looked uneasy -Please promise you'll try to use it as less as possible.
-I don't understand… why do you say that? - Shaina responded, feeling a strong headache, she felt like her head was about to explode.
-Promise!
-Your Holiness… if you only tell me what's going on.
Athenea looked at Cagglio with anger -Cagglio, you should have told her.
The eluded responded: I didn't consider it necessary, there was little time and since you send for her…
Athenea was taken by surprise by her attitude: You should have at least told her to whom the cloth belongs to. Or the reason of being from the same.
Shaina couldn't comprehend the conversation very well because of her big headache and then interrupted. -What's does that have to do with me not wearing it?
-That cloth can corrupt you if you wear it. Cagglio knew that and chose not to tell you. You have to be very strong to resist its influences.
Cagglio responded: You too should have told her… “You're Holiness”.
Athenea maintained her posture to Cagglio's remark - Its best you leave the cloth here and go to rest. The cloth will be safe here; you've done a great job. -Athenea ignited her cosmos while she was sweet talking.
Shaina felt her head spinning, she couldn't think straight - You're Holiness…
-You look pale, Shaina… You better take care of yourself, eat something and sleep, you had a long trip, once you leave the cloth, you can rest. And you have two new companions who you must help find a place for them to stay.
Cagglio smiled beneath her mask to the goddess reaction, it's what she expected.
-Yes, you're Holiness- She suddenly reacted -I'll take my leave now, I must help my two companions find a place to sleep, like you ordered.
-Then go, and take care.
-I will- Shaina felt dizzy, but she could not remember anything that just happened. Outside Misha was waiting.
-You took a long time… What did Athenea want?
-None of your business -Said Cagglio.
-It's best if I help you find a spot where you can settle down- Added Shaina who was visibly tired.
-I know of one place, I just hope no one has occupied it -Said Cagglio.
-Then let's get moving, because I really need to rest.
Cagglio continued observing Shaina on their way back. “Shaina is reacting according to plan. Athenea really made a good choice this time.”

Athenea felt the amazons leave, she was certain that she hasn't woken up yet. But decided not to force her, on the contrary, she has to let her rest before calling her again, but this time alone, without the bothersome presence of Cagglio, she has always been a mortifying burden to her. With her stuck-up and proud attitude. But there was a lot at stake for her to take the risk of downing her and throw away all the work made until now.
A siluet could be seen behind her, Athenea felt this and said: She's still not awake, so please be patience brother.
-Time is running and your Saints are beginning to suspect.
-You can't also speed things up and we have to be more careful. I don't want a repeat of last night.
-That was out of your hands. Remember he does what he pleases. If you try to control him you're risking betrayal.
-I know that… but he still went too far.
-What will you do then until she fully wakes up?
-Nothing… There is nothing I can do. She is also very unstable; she might get upset if I act to hastily.
-It's your choice, sister…
……………………̷ 0;………………………… 230;…

Shaina accompanied them to where they stopped before. Nostalgia caught up with them, as expected, they returned to where they used to live before, although the place was destroyed they seemed to find enough timber to build a roof. She left them and returned to her refuge, her little cabin; she had never missed her old bed like now. She had just laid back on her bed when there was a strong knock on the door, it was Milo. Any other time she would be happy to see him, but she really needed to rest.
-Milo, will talk later, I'm really tired.
He responded from outside -This can't wait, it's about Marin, she's hurt, badly.
Shaina got up upon hearing this; she covered her face and came out -Where… where is she?
-Follow me!
Milo guided her to the healing house, in one of the rooms was Marin wounded.
-She was attacked last night, she barely escapes, but her injuries are bad. I've stopped the hemorrhage, but the wound won't heal. Frankly, I've never seen anything like it.
-This is impossible! -Replied Shaina when getting close to Marin -Who would dare to do such a thing?
-Regretfully, I have no idea, I got there too late and only found her so badly injured that she almost didn't make it. Fever is really high, so he calls Seiya. But I've tried to find him, but he disappeared last night.
-So he's not here? -She said- What's wrong with him? Does he not care for his own tutor?
-I don't know what's wrong with him, but that's not important. The point is that Hyoga was also a victim of the same attacker; he's in the next room. I need your help taking care of her.
-What happened?
-It's all very strange. Last night we all felt their cosmos confront another one that was very powerful, near Marin's cabin. Ikki and Shun were the first there and found Hyoga in better condition than Marin, but hurt none the less, their attacker escaped. Hyoga won't say who it was, because he says no one would believe him.
-But why do you ask me to take care of Marin? It would be best if someone else did it. Aioria, for example. He could take better care of her than me.
Milo took a deep breath before responding: Because she insists that Aioria was trying to kill her, at least that's what I heard. But Aioria could not have hurt her.
Shaina was quiet for a moment before asking: How can you be sure?
-First of all, he was with Athenea. Second, this wound could not be made by him, neither Hyoga's. Ikki and Shun saw a shadow leave when they got there and it looked nothing like Aioria, not physically and not in his cosmos. Even after all this, she doesn't want to see Aioria and I've acknowledge. It's just that I can't take care of her; I have to keep an eye on Hyoga. That's why I called you; right now I need your help.
Shaina felt a little odd after hearing this, but understood why he chose her; she was an amazon like Marin, despite the fact that she was the person that had less to do with her.
Milo continued -Yesterday was too complicated for me to attend both, even more with Aioria insisting in seeing her, he was worried for her but Marin doesn't want to see him. So when you arrived, I knew I could trust you, as my friend.
-You're right Milo; you can count on me, as your best friend.
Milo didn't know what to say, she never told him anything like that. And he should feel happy but that last word was hard to swallow, it was like he wanted more, but it could not be.
-Hey Milo… Shouldn't you go see Hyoga? You better not neglect your obligations.
-It's just that now that I think about it, I don't believe it's a good idea to ask you for such a big favor. You just got back exhausted from your trip and…
-I'm not that exhausted, now go, I promise to take good care of her.
Milo stared at her and smiled due to the thoughts that crossed his mid -You're right, thanks - He left the room feeling startled because of what he just felt. He left and closed the curtains behind him. Shaina was no different, he saw her differently. She didn't know what was wrong with him, but it was best to let things be. For now, she has to act in respect to what was happening in the Sanctuary.
Meanwhile Shaina removed Marin's mask, cleaned her forehead and her wound. Without a reason she felt anger, a strong desire for vengeance against the one who hurt Marin. Suddenly she hears a loud scream coming from the room next door. When she took a peek she saw Ikki dragging Shun out, he didn't want to leave the room.
-Hey, what's going on here? -Asked Milo.
-Milo, you're in charge of his recovery, right? -Asked Ikki.
-That's right. Why do you ask?
-Explain why Hyoga is acting like this.
-Like what?
Shun interrupted -He's changed; he tried to hit me as soon as I entered his room.
Both Shaina and Milo didn't know what to say. They never thought that between this two friends were some discrepancy, not even a discussion. Milo acted in a judging manner.
-It's strange to me that Hyoga doesn't want to see you, let me talk to him and just calm down. Maybe I can convince him to talk to you.
He entered the room but Hyoga wasn't in bed, he felt he was hiding behind one of the columns; it baffled him that he felt fear. The Hyoga he knows has no fear - Hyoga, what's going on?
-Milo… is he gone? -He whispered.
-Who's gone? He asked the bronze saint.
-The one that should be dead… he's not, Milo. And he tried to finish me off.
-The only one here was your friend Shun, no one else.
-That's what I'm saying! The one that slept inside him was here. Don't let him in, I can't stand him.
-I don't understand, Hyoga.
Hyoga held Milo's cape with a tight grip -Then don't let anyone in! No one!
-Ok, but try to relax- he released himself from Hyoga's grip. - I assure you, no one will come in.
Milo was even more intrigued, he remembered what Marin said, that she didn't' want to see Aioria. Now Hyoga was doing the same thing with Shun. What are Hyoga and Marin protecting them from? Why are they reacting like that?
So you're back from your trip Shaina… How was it? -Asked a nervous Shun.
-It was good, a bit hectic, but good.
-At least it's good news. I still can't understand what happened.
-Shun, it's best you don't worry too much. If you can't see Hyoga today, you can see him tomorrow.
-But why did he act like that towards me? I would never hurt him.
Ikki didn't know what to say to his brother. Shaina excused herself from Ikki and Shun and returned to Marin's room. After that she sat on a chair, and even though she had all the intentions of looking after her companion, she fell soundly asleep; her dreams were very strange that night.
She found herself in the jungle again… she could hear Cagglio's and Misha's voices from a far. Another voice, sweeter and more energetic, was calling her. But this voice sounded like it came from inside her.
-My child… I need you.
Shaina didn't feel comfortable upon hearing this. -Who's there?
There was no answer, she could only hear the sound of her steps and how the leafs were being crushed beneath her feet, but upon looking down she noticed that it wasn't leafs but human bones.
-It's time I woke up… I need you or this will repeat itself -She heard before feeling her head splitting in pain.