Samurai Champloo Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ A story's beginning ❯ Returning home ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N- Hi guys! It's been a while since I've posted a chapter, but for rightful reasons of course. Well, one being that I had a wedding to go to that was magnificent!( It was an outside wedding) And I had a formal to go to, which was nice as well. And, on top of that, I was getting a severe case of Writer's Block, so if the chapter sounds a bit rushed and choppy, I'm sorry. Anyway, let's get on with the story!!
 
Loud knocking. That's what woke Sora up in the middle of the night . Rubbing his eyes, he lazily got up, walking into the hallway. Peeking into Fuu's room, he saw that she wasn't fazed by the noise, still deep in sleep. The knocking continued. Sora grumbled under his breath.” Just wait a minute. Geez.” Opening the door, Sora's eyes widened in surprise. “Dad!” He yelled happily, jumping into Muugen's arms. Muugen was too tired to hug back. He had small scratches on his face, arms and legs , as if he had just been in a fight. “ Hey kid.” He grunted out, as if he was out of breath. Grabbing Muugen by the hand, Sora led him into the house. “ Wait `till Mom knows you're home! And Uncle Jin too!” The boy was wide awake now. “Mom! Mom, wake up!”
 
“What? Sora, it's the middle of the night, why are you up—“Fuu stopped, seeing Muugen before her. “Fuu.Yo.” Muugen greeted, showing his mellow demeanor. Fuu just stood there, still in shock. “Mom? Are you okay?” Sora asked, letting go of Muugen's hand.” Sora, me and your Mom need to talk. I'll just see you in the morning, alright?” Silently pouting, the seven-year-old went into his room.
 
“Why are you here Muugen?” Fuu said in an impatient tone. “To see my son. And what kinda question is that?” “The kind that should be asked.” Plopping down on the wooden floor and dropping his sword to his side, Muugen eyed Fuu, a bit annoyed.
“What are you tryin' to say, Fuu?”
“What am I trying to say? What am I trying to say? I'm trying to say that if you're gonna be here, be here! But if you're gonna up and leave in a few days, you shouldn't come here at all!” She was screaming now, but remembering Sora in his room, she lowered her voice.” That's what I'm trying to say Muugen.”
“So you're saying you don't want me to come at all then.”
“…No, Muugen, it's not—“
“But that's exactly what you said, Fuu!”
Fuu ran her fingers through her hair, running her thumb over a protruding vein.
 
“Why, Muugen?! Why couldn't you just have made these seven years easier by just staying here, and being a father! Instead of running off and coming back here when you're bored!?” Fuu couldn't seem to control her voice, which was now rising back up again, Muugen closed his eyes, as if he were thinking, took a breath and opened them again. His voice came out in a calm, quiet manner. “ Fuu, I know it's not easy on you.” Reaching in his pocket, he dropped a bag of coins at the tip of Fuu's foot. “And I'm sorry for that.” Getting up, he looked around the main room he was in. “ Can I crash here Fuu?” Picking up the bag, Fuu nodded.” We can talk more in the morning.”
 
Lying on her bed, Fuu clutched a handful of blanket in her hand.' These feelings, they should be gone. I'm not that naïve 15- year-old girl who fell for a bad boy. So why am I feeling this way?' Even after yelling at him, she still had a soft spot for the man. Closing her eyes, she drifted into much needed sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Waking up to morning light through the window, Sora quickly got out of bed. Going into Fuu's room, he jumped into her bed, shaking her shoulders softly.” Mom! Mom hurry and get up!” Groaning, Fuu tugged on one of Sora's arms.” I get it. Now stop shaking me.” Running into the main room, Sora let out a sigh of disappointment.” He's not here.” Smiling, Fuu put a hand on Sora's shoulder.” Don't worry, he hasn't left. I'm sure he's just at Jin's house. Let's go over there now.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Holding his mother's hand, Sora admired the island. It seemed like the only place that could be so beautiful. ”Mom.” Sora said, catching Fuu's attention.“ Yes, sweetie?”
“ Do you think there could be more worlds out there?” “ More worlds? What?” Immediately, Fuu thought of what Ms.Okina said. The boy will see worlds unknown to us, and he will save them, and ours as well. “So it's happening.” Fuu said aloud. Sora gave her a confused look. “Are you okay?” Snapping out of her trance, she replied. “Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine.”
 
“Fuu! Sora! Over here!” A voice called from the edge of the island. It was Muugen, beside a calm looking Jin. Running over, Sora put on his classic grin as he went to Muugen's side. “Sorry I left this morning so early. I needed to talk with Jin.”
“It's okay, Mom told me that you were probably over his house. But why are you guys here then?” Jin answered, holding up four fish nets. ”To catch dinner. We decided fish would be nice.” Fuu huffed, making her bangs fly up. “You boys do what you want. Me, I'm gonna sit on the sidelines and soak my feet in this ocean water.”
 
Sitting in the sand, and watching Sora, Muugen and Jin struggle to catch the slippery fish in the water, it seemed like the perfect picture to Fuu. 'Maybe there's a chance it could stay like this. I want it to, as long as it can.'
 
 
I wasn't that satisfied with the way I ended this chapter, but it is what it is. I'm debating between two ways to end this story, and I should figure it out soon enough. Well, I guess you'll see my choice in due time. ^_^