Samurai Champloo Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ A story's beginning ❯ Whats destined to be ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N- Hello again! So this is the second chapter and there still might be some confused people out there. Don't worry this chapter explains everything! Or at least I think so… Anyways I forgot last time so let me do it this time:
 
Disclaimer: Samurai Champloo and Kingdom Hearts I or II does not belong to me. There. I said it.
 
 
7 years later
 
“Sora! Don't run through the house! You might break something!” Fuu yelled at the seven year old zipping towards his room.” Sorry Mom! I just need to get my sword.” He emerged from his room with a wooden sword, japing it in the air. ”See Mom, now I can be like Uncle Jin!” Sora went over and sat beside Fuu on the floor.” And like Dad too, right?” Sora questioned. Fuu, not expecting him to say that, stuttered a response. “ Y-Yes, just like Dad.” Fuu stood and walked over to the kitchen, getting an early start on dinner.” Mom, when's the next time Dad's gonna come around? I like it when he's here.” Sora's honesty and desire to be with his father made Fuu hold back a lump in her throat.” I don't know honey.” Changing the subject, Fuu looked down at Sora's wooden sword.” So, you're going down to the island with Riku and Kairi again?” Fuu asked while chopping some tomatoes.” Uh-huh. You know, I always had fun with Riku, but ever since Kairi's moved here , it's been more fun.” Sora's usual grin was from ear to ear. Fuu giggled.” I think somebody has a crush.” Sora turned red all over.” Mom! I do not!” Inching towards the door, he looked back at Fuu.” Oh yeah. Mom, the old lady that sells the necklaces wanted to see you.”
“You mean Ms.Okina?”
“Yes M'am.”
“Alright, I'll go see her. Go on.”
And with that, Sora left for the beach.
 
“Jin, come down with me to old lady Okina's house.” Fuu asked as she helped Jin with pulling up the ripe tomatoes. Jin chuckled. “Don't you get mad at Sora for calling her that?”
“ I can be a bit childish too ya know. I'm not that old.”
“Yeah I know. Anyway, we can leave now if you want.”
Dropping all the tomatoes in to a basket, Fuu nodded. ” Yeah, let's go.”
 
“Ms.Okina? Ms.Okina are you home?” Fuu's voice echoed throughout the dimly lit hut.” A sort voice answered back. “Yes dear, I'll be in there in a minute. “ Jin and Fuu sat down on the floor against the wall. Ms.Okina slowly came form the back of the three room hut , with a chain in her hand. On it was a king's crown, and it glistened. She placed it in Fuu's hand. “ Wha-?” The old woman cut Fuu off. “It is for Sora. The boy is destined to do great, amazing things.” Looking at Ms.Okina and Jin, then back at Ms.Okina , Fuu smiled. ”I'm glad that you feel that way about Sora, Ms.Okina, he is a good boy.” “ No, he is something more. You can't imagine it, but he is.” She walked towards a miniature shrine on the other side of the room. ”Ms.Okina, what are you saying?” Jin questioned the old woman as she bowed in a crouched position at the
Shrine. With out turning around, she answered. ”The boy will see worlds unknown to us, and he will save them, and ours as well. He will be known as the Keyblade master.”
 
“Do you think Ms.Okina is just getting old Jin? I mean, the things she was saying…” Fuu looked down at the chain while she walked, rubbing her thumb over the King's crown on the chain. ”I don't know Fuu. I just have this feeling she knows what she's talking about.” Jin put his hand under his chin, thinking.” Maybe Sora does have it in his destiny.”
“Well, true or not, I don't want Sora to know anything about this.”
“What? Why Fuu?”
“Because, if this is bogus, then Sora will be sad that he's not some Keyblade master , whatever that is, and if it is true…” Fuu took a short breath. “It just seems like you shouldn't know your destiny, ya know?” Jin grinned. “So you believe it now?”
“Oh no it's not that, its just-“
“Mom!”
Sora ran over from the shore of the beach, followed by Kairi and Riku. Fuu's face went blank. ”Wow, I didn't realize that we were by the shore. Guess I was deep in thought.” Sora latched on to a handful of Fuu's kimono, and glanced at Jin.” Hi Uncle Jin.” The seven year old cheerfully greeted. “Hey Sora. Riku, Kairi.” “Hi Mr.Jin.” Kairi and Riku responded in unison. ”And Ms.Fuu.” They added on. ”So Mom, what did the old lady—“ With a stern look from Fuu, he corrected himself.” I mean, Ms.Okina want?”
“Well, for me to give you this.”
Fuu handed Sora the chain.” Oh cool!” Putting it on, he traced over the king's crown with his fingers. ”Look Sora, I want you home by dinnertime, okay? I know you can lose track of time, but you gotta be more responsible.” Feeling that he got the point, Fuu motioned to Jin that she was leaving.
 
“You know Jin, we really made good lives here, didn't we?” Fuu smiled while looking around her, at the village full of small homes. ”Yeah, we really did. To think, seven years ago we were at the end of our journey. How far we've come.”
“…”
“Fuu?”
“…If only Muugen felt the same way. Then maybe he could of settled down instead of drifting from place to place.”
“ Fuu, he tried to settle down. For you and Sora, because he loves both of you very much. But I guess it's just not in his blood.”
“ I guess not. And because of that, he sees his son about once every three months , leaving Sora to wonder when the next time he'll see his father again.” Stopping in her tracks, Fuu let out a sob.” It's just not fair, ya know? I want Sora to have a real family, not just a struggling mother.” Wiping her tears with the sleeve of her kimono, she turned to Jin. “But it's no use whining about it ,is it?” Jin put his arm around Fuu, making her walk.” C'mon Fuu , let's get you home.”
 
I know its not the best in the world, but if you know some ways I can improve this story, please tell me.