Shaman King Fan Fiction ❯ Within The Darkness ❯ Epilogue ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
 
 
 
Ku Li had been bedridden for days after Bason's suicide. After a week, she was finally able to walk around the house without holding someone's hand. But that was the limit of her abilities. She had suffered severe psychological issues when she saw Bason die. The trauma hadn't affected her speech or personality, but her mind was a whole different story. She had trouble being alone for a long time. If she were by herself for too long, she would go insane. Recovering would be a long, hard task. But she was managing okay.
 
Two months after the incident, Bason decided it was time to talk to Tao. A family member recommended it the previous week. Bason had spent the entire two months in the Tao mansion.
 
With the aid of a family member, Bason slowly floated to Tao's bedchambers. It was hard to find it, but he persisted. Bason cleared his throat at the doorway. “Who's there?” asked Tao from inside.
 
“It's me, Bason,” he answered. “Can I come in?” He poked his head into the room.
 
“Sure, come in.” Tao waved Bason inside. “What do you want?” Tao asked. His tone of voice was different. He talked to Bason as if he were a member of the family. Bason floated to Tao.
 
“I… came to thank you,” Bason said. “Thank you for what you've done to me. I'm so… glad. I know that's a rather weak thank you, but I can't help myself. I thank you for taking me in… I really didn't want to cross over. Thank you. I hope you'll accept my thanks.” Bason bowed his head, respecting him.
 
“It's okay. I should probably thank you. I brought you for my descendent. I should respect you for that and for the war you fought in. Thank you for protecting our country, and… for protecting Ren.”
 
“I guess we are both thankful,” Bason said. Tao nodded.
 
“I never knew you had it in you,” Tao said. “I guess I saw it was you because I knew you were a warlord… because I know you are strong enough to fight back. I was right. I suppose I'll have to stop making predictions now that we've got you in the family.” Tao smiled.
 
“Yeah, I guess so,” Bason said.
 
“Why don't you go to your memorial tablet and get some sleep?” Tao suggested. Bason agreed; he needed to go back to his tablet. Even though he could freely float around, he still preferred his memorial tablet.
 
Today, Ku Li decided to go back home. She wanted to be in her own house. She packed her things and prepared to leave. “Don't worry,” Ku Li said. “I'll be with Father and Chin Lien everyday.”
 
“All right,” Ku Li said. “I need to go home. I have to see Father and Chin Lien.” She picked up her bag and smiled.
 
“I love you, Bason,” she said. She turned to walk away, but she didn't find anyone with her. She looked around and saw no one. Ku Li decided to take the initiative. For the first time in her life, Ku Li tattooed herself with a small, sharp-edghed rock with Bason's name on it, so she would never be alone.
 
Owari