Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Just a Little Love Story... ❯ Excited and Nervous ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Twelve: Excited and Nervous
 
Just like her first day at school, Aki woke up too early in advance, but unlike then, she had no idea what to do. What should I wear? What should I wear? What should I wear? She thought continually. Pulling out a couple of jeans, she dragged out some t-shirts out of the closet as well. She tried to match the clothes together, and it seemed to be okay. The only thing nagging her was how a girl should look if she were going out somewhere, especially to a place as romantic as a beach! She scratched her head nervously, and paced her room several times, wondering which pair of jeans and t-shirt worked out the best. She sat on her bed and bit her nails. If she spent too much of her time worrying, she wouldn't be able to look cool and composed. The way she wanted to be. “Aaaaah!!!” - She screamed in frustration before she lay back on her bed. This was simply driving her crazy. And then there was a knock on the door. “Yes?” - Aki muttered. “Hey, it's me” - her mother's head poked into the room - “What's wrong?” “Nothing” - Aki started before finally groaning - “a bazillion things!” “Can I help?” - Her mother asked, looking slightly worried yet amused. Aki felt like screaming again. Instead, she just shook herself mentally and reminded herself of her mum's career in modeling. “I guess you can…” - Aki replied, with a pained expression on her face.
 
“What?!” - Aki's mother exclaimed, having a surprised yet happy look on her face - “A boy asked you out today?!” “Mum, it was yesterday” - she grumbled back embarrassedly. A date was a first in her life, and her mother knew that too. Finally, at age sixteen she had her first date. She sighed. Unlike her mother, who had been dating since age eleven. “I know” - she whispered back, pink with excitement - “But he wants you to go out with him today, ne?” Aki nodded, then told her mother - “At eight am.” Both of them took a quick glance at the watch hanging on Aki's bedroom wall. It was already seven thirty. Aki looked at her mother, feeling like bawling out aloud. It was simply too frustrating. “That's okay, honey” - her mother comforted her - “Thirty minutes is a lot of time to get ready.” “Not really” - Aki moaned back - “It takes fifteen minutes to get to Shohoku by foot! I'll never get there in time!” Suddenly, her mother yelled - “Stop depressing yourself! You'll get there all right!” “Okay…” - Aki mumbled, trying her best to `stop depressing herself'.
 
Fifteen minute minutes later, Akiko emerged out of her mother's bedroom, feeling extremely strange. “I feel weird, mum” - she complained, but her mother patted Aki's back and then gave her daughter a confident grin as she put some extra clothes and a towel into Aki's bag. “You look great, honey” - her mother reassured her, with a smile to add on the reassurance. “Okay…” - Aki replied, feeling a little wobbly. The stuff that her mother dressed her up with was simply not her thing. “Oh! Don't forget to wear the sky blue strapped high-heeled flip flops I bought for you the other day!” - Her mother reminded her, thrusting the bag into Aki's hands as Aki moved towards the shoe rack. Aki nodded and returned to her room to get the new flip flops that still had that `new' scent about it. While she tried her best to wear them without breaking the straps, her step-sister saw her. “What the hell are you doing?” - Akemi asked her, a look of utter disgust on her face. “Wearing my flip flops, what else?” - Aki replied, keeping her cool. She stood up and felt herself rise from the floor about two more inches. “You freak!” - Akemi shrieked, obviously frightened by the extra height - “You don't need heels!” “Whatever…” - Aki muttered back, wobbling a little on her feet, trying to gain her balance on her high flip flops. Regaining her balance, she started to walk out confidently, but Akemi stalled her with a - “Where are you going all dressed up like that?” “On a date” - Aki replied smiling sarcastically - “After two days of being at Shohoku. I see you still haven't got one.” She heard Akemi laugh mockingly behind her back, then continue - “Ch. As if you don't know. There are a lot of guys wanting me to be theirs. All I need to do is smile at them and poof! I got them.” Then she added with a malicious smile - “Why are you so sure that I haven't got a boyfriend? Hmm, Akiko? Coz' I have, and he's a senior.” With a scoff, Akemi continued - “We couldn't go out coz he's busy today. He has to take out some stupid junior.” Aki shrugged back, but before she had finished walking out of the house, Akemi yelled behind her - “You're too weird. It's hard to believe that a guy actually over looked your weirdness and wanted to date you..“ “Shut up.” - Aki growled back with narrowed eyes and then proceeded to Shohoku. But she could hear Akemi's mocking laughter over and over; again and again.