Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Wrong Footing ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 1

The sun was setting, as the sky was turning into the mixture of yellow, reddish and purple. The leafs of the trees rustled softly as the wind blew gently. It was beginning of spring and the wind was cooling and flowers bloomed. A lonely figure on a pink bicycle was cycling down the lonely street. Rukawa Kaede was making his way home quickly after basketball practice. He was greeted by an old man when he reached home.

"Rukawa!" The old man said. "Oh soai ar!"

"Sumen ojiisan." Rukawa replied in is cool unemotional manner.

"Hurry up boy, go change. Not nice to keep people waiting."

"Hai," Rukawa replied shortly and went upstairs to his room.

This is dumb, Rukawa thought to himself as he changed out of his uniform.

His grandfather had told him to come home early to meet some old friend of his for dinner. His parents weren't around and he was supposed to take care of his grandfather. So he had no choice but to follow. Usually it was his father's responsibility. Even Rukawa, was cold, expressionless and didn't like to converse much with others, he always respects the elders. He never goes against his parents if he can help it. It was his parents' wishes to accompany his grandfather and so he would even it was against his wishes.

Not far from Rukawa's home, a girl with very long dark brown hair which she tied it up into a ponytail and wearing a judo uniform. She was not very tall only a hundred and fifty eight centimeters very petite and small with snow white complexion. She hadn't been around Kanagawa for almost three years and now she had finally come home. She had been in China for that passed three years training Kenpo with her older twin brother.

"HAAAAAIIIK!!!!!" She shouted as she crashed a pile of bricks into half.

She stood up, smiling at her success. Even she was small and petite, she was stronger than any girl in Kanagawa. Taking a deep breath she wiped the sweat away from her forehead with her sleeves. It had been a long time since she trained in this Judo Training Hall. She had recently just returned from China after the recent death of her father. This Judo Hall was left for her and her older twin brother. Her twin brother still remained in China continuing his training in Kenpo while she was called home. She recalled her grandfather told her that she was already good enough for a girl and that was true because she could be a better fighter than any boy her age or older. Her returned was to take care of Tendoshi Judo Hall until her twin brother return, the oldest son of Tendoshi family and the true heir. The girl turned around to look at the sign hanging on the wall. Three years of intensive kenpo training in China wasn't easy. She stared at the calligraphy which wrote `Tendoshi Judo Training Hall'.

"Yuna!" A voice echoed through the place.

"Hai!" The girl answered. "Kasumi neechan."

"Dinner is almost ready!" Kasumi called. "Go get ready, we have guests today."

"Hai!" Yuna answered.

Kasumi was Yuna's oldest sister who had been taking care of house chores. She sighed walking out the Judo Training Hall. The hall actually adjoins to their house. It was a very old Judo Training Hall which was build by her grandfather many years ago. Her grandfather struggles to bring this Judo Training Hall into success. It was then carried down by her father and Yuna swears she will never lose this hall no matter what. She entered the house as Kasumi came out the kitchen.

"Please tell Sota to be ready too." Kasumi told Yuna who made her way upstairs.

"Hai neechan." Yuna replied unenthusiastically.

Sota, Yuna's youngest brother, who was afraid of the tiniest little things. She had only been home yesterday, and Sota had already made her mad practically every minute. Besides her brother and her older sister, Yuna's grandfather, stays with them too. She knocked on Sota's door when she reached upstairs.

"Dinner is almost ready." Yuna called.

"OK." Yuna heard him yelled from the room. She then walked to her room which was only next to his.

Guests? She thought to herself. I hadn't even settled in yet and we have guests tonight? I wonder who they are.

At that time, Rukawa and his grandfather had reached an old looking Japanese style house with a sign board outside that wrote, `Tendoshi Judo Training Hall'. Rukawa tilt his head slightly reading the sign. He never knew that his grandfather was an old friend of the Tendoshis. He had passed by this house everyday when he cycles to school and never given it much thought. They entered the front wooden gate together.

"Anyone home?" Rukawa's grandfather called at front porch.

"Ah you have arrived." Yuna's grandfather exclaimed coming to greet them. "Kasumi bring out tea for our guest."

"Kombawa, I had brought my grandson, Rukawa." Kaede ojiisan introduced.

"Tea is coming." Kasumi called coming out. Just as she did Rukawa walked into her and she spilled all the tea at his front shirt. "Ah!!! Gomen!"

"Dai je bu?" Yuna's grandfather asked Rukawa. "The tea is burning hot."

"I'm ok." Rukawa replied emotionlessly, even though the tea was scalding. "Where is the bathroom?"

"It is down the hall next to the stairway." Tendoshi ojiisan said. "It is in the laundry room. You won't miss the sliding doors when you go into the laundry room."

Rukawa walked away then, down the corridor Tendoshi ojiisan told him. He entered the laundry room and took off the sweater he was wearing. His chess where the tea had spilled on was red. Thinking he should put some cold water on it he entered the bathroom, sliding shut the door.

Swinging the towel over her shoulder, Yuna walked downstairs again. She was hot and sweaty after her Judo practice and decided to take a bath. Taking clean clothes in her right arm she entered the laundry room. Slowly, she slipped herself out of her judo uniform and dumped it into the washing machine. Pulling her hair loose from the ponytail, she then slide the bathroom door opened and stood rooted at the frame of the door stunned.

Rukawa put on his sweater back again when he heard someone come in. He turned around and saw a girl with very long brown hair reaching her waist standing at the frame of the door, her face filled with utter amazement. He was stunned. Never in his life, had he seen a girl without clothes before.

"AUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

Yuna wrapped the towel around herself quickly screaming, she stared at Rukawa angrily. She had never seen him before, and she had no idea who he was. She was astounded to see a stranger in the bathroom and had seen her naked as well.

"Who the hell are you?" Yuna yelled.

Rukawa could only remain silent for Yuna had taken him by surprise and nobody had ever caught him in such a way.

"I AM GOING TO WACK THE HELL OUT OF YOU!" Yuna shouted as she threw her fist at his face.

Yuna's grandfather and Rukawa's grandfather who was enjoying some tea at the dining hall looked up in surprise. Kasumi was still preparing dinner was also shocked came out to see what was happening. Sota who was still in the room was also surprise to hear Yuna screamed and shouted. They all ran to the bathroom to see what the fuss was about.

"Yuna what happened?" Kasumi asked mildly coming into the bathroom and was shock to see Yuna hit Rukawa. "Oh my, Rukawa-kun!"

"Rukawa-kun?" Yuna turned to her sister in surprise.

"Yuna neechan, dai je bu?" Sota asked surprise coming into the bathroom too.
"I can hear you scream from my room."

"You know this pervert?" Yuna asked angrily.

"He is our guest, Kaede Ojiisan's grandson." Kasumi said mildly. "Rukawa-kun let me see your wound."

Yuna turned back to Rukawa angrily; he had a huge bruise on his cheek where Yuna had hit him. Rukawa who had never let any girl hit him before glare back at Yuna. He could never imagine a small, petite girl like Yuna could be that strong. That punch she gave really took him by surprise and it really hurt though to prideful to admit that a girl could hurt him he remained silent and walked out the bathroom into the laundry room. He thought if Yuna was a boy he would have hit her back in returned.

"My friend here just told me that Rukawa-kun goes to Shohoku High," Yuna's grandfather said looking into the bathroom slightly amused. "The school you are enrolled in. This is my granddaughter who had just come home from Kenpo training in China, Yuna Tendoshi."

"Ojiisan!" Yuna said softly her voice quivering with anger. "This is not a time to introduce us."

Angrily she slide the door shut loudly making everyone jumped.

"Dinner is almost ready!" Kasumi called after her mildly. She turned to Rukawa. "Let me put something on that bruise Rukawa-kun. Gomen ne… my sister is really nice when you get to know her but she looses herself sometimes with that temper of hers."

"You are not making things better Kasumi neechan." Sota said uncaringly walking out the laundry room.

Rukawa remained silent still trying to calm himself.

During dinner, the atmosphere was tense. Everyone kept stealing glances at Yuna who was still in a bad temper. Rukawa who ignored her completely though kept remembering that brief second when she walked in. He blushed remembering that moment, as quickly as it came into his mind he shook it away again. He was still angered by the time Yuna had hit him. He touched his cheek softly.

That tomboy, he thought furiously though his face remained expressionless.

"Ahem!" Yuna's grandfather cleared his throat. "Well, it is a good thing that my friend's grandson goes to the same school. He can look after you, you know."

Everyone looked at Yuna except Rukawa. There was no reaction from her as she continued to eat.

"Being in a new school is difficult." Yuna's ojiisan continued. "Especially without your twin brother, Yuki here; I was thinking you and Rukawa-kun can be such good friends."

There was slight reaction from Rukawa when he heard Yuna had a twin brother. He looked up and saw there was a slight flicker in Yuna's eyes. It was only for a second and she looked like her angry self again. Rukawa wasn't even sure what he saw. Sadness? Loneliness?

"Neh, Yuna neechan." Sota said. "Can you pass me the plate of mince beef with pepper?"

"Can't you reach it yourself?" Yuna snapped staring at Sota angrily.

"Ecks!" Sota gasped backing away. "It's ok; on second thought I don't want it anymore."

Yuna's grandfather sighed then. "Yuna, can't you be more sweat, gentle, and wonderful?" As he said it, he made a few feminine movements with his hands.

"Ojiisan," Sota said sweat drop appearing at his forehead, "That was not funny."

"Huh?" Yuna's grandfather said.

Yuna then slammed both her bowl and chopsticks down making everyone except Rukawa jumped.

"Oh soi sama!" She said flatly as she collected all her plates and bowls; got up and leave the dining hall walking to the kitchen stiffly.

Tendoshi ojiisan sighed. "Kasumi why don't you go talk to her?"

Kasumi looked after and smiled. "She will be fine." she got up. "I'll go get tea for everyone."

"I'm amazed they both are sisters," Tendoshi Ojisan said shaking his head as Kasumi left the dining hall. "One is so strong minded, stubborn, hate to lose and bad temper. Then the other is so mild, cool temper, and forgiving."

"Yuna neechan's is very nice too." Sota said smiling. "It is just that Rukawa Oniisan saw her naked that is why she is so angry."

Rukawa blushed then.

"Sota!" Kasumi exclaimed as she entered the dining room again with a tray of tea. "Don't say things like that!"

"Ah!" Sota clasped his mouth shut with both hands. "Gomen!"

Rukawa daren't looked up to meet anyone's eyes. That he had never been embarrassed like that before. It was Yuna who had walked into the bathroom on him.

Yuna, he thought angrily. That tomboy. What kind of girl is she anyway? Staying in this Judo place and just came home from kenpo training in China?