Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ New School ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own character from SlamDunk

Chapter 2

It was early the next morning, when Rukawa took his racer bike cycling out his house. It was his usual routine every morning, to go to the nearest basketball court to practice basketball. He was up much earlier than before because he hadn't stayed on to practice last evening. He frowned slightly thinking about the night before. If only he needn't have to go to Tendoshi residents, nothing of that sort would happen. However, as he cycled down the deserted street he was amazed to see a familiar person running at the side of the road.

Yuna who loves this morning jogs, was enjoying the cool morning breeze. She used to come out every morning with her twin brother and her father though; both her twin brother and father would always challenge each other. She had missed Japan terribly especially her friends. Though she lost all contacts with them when she started intensive training. The training she went for took up so much of her time, she didn't have the time for anything else but studying on her free time. Her father had hired a tutor for her so that she wouldn't fall behind in school work.

Rukawa watched Yuna's cheerful, and carefree expression she had on her face. It was so unlike yesterday night when he met her. She was actually pretty when she wasn't angry. Without much thought about it and not wanting Yuna to see him, Rukawa sped up.

As Yuna turned around the corner towards the neighbouring neighbourhood, she ran across a park and heard someone playing ball inside. Curious she walked to the fence and looked in over the bushes and her eyes widened with surprise. Her surprise was soon covered by anger when she saw Rukawa inside practicing basketball. She turned away indignantly and started jogging again.

"Ces, that Hentai," Yuna said under her breath. "Of all people I had to bump into him early in the morning."

"Ee ki ti mas!" Yuna cried as she grabbed her briefcase and ran out the house.

"Yuna neechan!" Sota called after her. "Wait for me!"

"We are going the different direction!" Yuna shouted back still running.

Yuna was so used to running to school before; she always did that with her twin brother when they were in junior school, which was before they were sent to China. They practically race to school everyday. When she reached the school front gate she smiled looking at the big white building. How different everything looked in China. She was really glad she came home. She smiled softly as she made her way into the building swiftly.

A minute before the bell rang; Rukawa cycled `blindlessly' through the gate. He was still asleep as he cycled to the back of the building to park his bike. The other students still hanging around outside dodged away from him as he zig zagged his way to the back.

"That is Rukawa!" Some girls swooned as they saw him though he didn't pay much attention for he was dozing off. He then made his way to his class ignoring the giggling and blushing girls.

A few minutes after the bell rang the door of Year 1 Group 1 class slide opened. Yuna then entered the class with the teacher. Everyone turned to see who that new girl was. All the boys looked at her with stars in their eyes while some girls stared at her with envy. Her flawless figure was hard to find that every girl would dream to have. She had her hair still tied in her usual ponytail. She hardly ever let her hair loose except while she sleeps and when she takes her bath.

Yuna was nervous as she walked in slowly and stood before the whole class. She looked around the class, and found boys smiling at her and some girls glaring at her. She sighed inwardly. What was new anyway, she was so used to that kind of treatment even when she was in Junior School with her twin brother. Her twin brother however attracted the opposite of course.

"We have a new student, who had recently come home from China." The teacher introduced. "Please welcome, Yuna Tendoshi, class."

Yuna bow slightly.

"You can take a seat by the window." The teacher said.

Yuna made her way to the table next to a girl who had shoulder length brown hair. She had a very nice smile and kind face. She was smiling at Yuna when she came over to take her seat.

"Welcome home," She said. "I'm Haruko Akagi."

"Nice to meet you." Yuna smiled in returned. For a change there was a girl nice to her.

"Do you like basketball?" Haruko whispered.

"Huh?" Yuna looked at her in surprised. She saw a pair of anxious and excited eyes staring back at her. She smiled then and nodded once.

"I'll show you Shohoku Basketball team after school." She whispered excitedly. "You will love them."

"OK." Yuna whispered back.

Shohoku basketball team? She thought to herself. Are they any good?

She did play basketball with her brother before. Her brother was the best player in Junior School and she was pretty good in three pointers. Though she hadn't touch basketball for three years now. She wondered if she was still good at it. Taking a deep breath she tried to concentrate on the subject.

It seemed like ages to Yuna but it was only the morning over when the bell finally rang for lunch. Some of the students cheered as they rushed out to the cafeteria. Yuna got up too. She thought it was time to go explore the school a little.

"Break time!" Some boys shouted running out the class.

"Want to join us for lunch?" Haruko asked when Yuna headed for the door alone. Yuna turned around and saw two other girls with Haruko. "This is Fujii," Haruko said pointing to a girl with short brown hair. "And this is Matsui." She then pointed to another girl with light brown almost orange hair which was tied up into china girl style.

"I was thinking of exploring the place a little." Yuna replied. "But thanks for asking anyway. I'll see you in class later."

Haruko waved slightly as Yuna walked out the class alone.

I guess I may want to check out the basketball court here, Yuna thought walking down the corridor which was now crowded by students.

"Yuna Tendoshi!"

Yuna then heard someone called from behind her. She stopped and turned her head around to look. Slowly her eyes widened with surprised when she saw who it was. She couldn't believe that he had come to Shohoku as well.

"Oh no!" She whispered to herself. "It's him."

Meanwhile at Year1 Group 10 class, Rukawa was sleeping on his table was awaken by the bell. He looked up slightly still flustered and tired.

"Hey! Rukawa!" The boys in his class called. "Aren't you going to the cafeteria? If you don't hurry everything will be sold out!"

Rukawa remained silent as his classmates ran out of the class leaving him still sitting on his place. There were still some students left in class. They were those that brought their own lunch. He got up slowly when someone from his class rushed inside again.

"Fight! Fight!" The boy that rushed in cried. "There is a fight right now at the roof top! This is so unusual it's between a year 2 boy from the swordsmanship club and a new girl in year 1!"

"Girl?" The others chorus.

Rukawa who was uninterested got up slowly and left the class. He stopped on his tracks outside the door when he heard the rest of the conversation the boys were having.

"Yes, a new girl by the name of Yuna Tendoshi!" The boy continued. "I heard she is in Group 1 class and is very pretty!"

"This is interesting come let's go see!" They all rushed out then.

Yuna? He thought as he turned to the direction the boys ran off.

At the roof top, both Yuna and the year 2 boy had attracted a number of students. Yuna glared at the boy furiously, she hated him since junior school for he had made her life a living hell ever since she met him. He was Kutzo Hiroko.

"Why don't you admit that you like me?" Kutzo said in his egoistic manner. "We are always such lovers!"

"Chi Kang!" Yuna shouted back. "Leave me alone Kutzo!"

"Well, I accept your challenge." Kutzo smiled. "When I win you will date me."

Rukawa walked up the stairs then and through the door long enough to hear what Kutzo had said. He watched them in his cold expressionless manner. Yuna was her furious self again; far more furious than she was the night before. Rukawa wondered what this boy had done to make her so angry.

"WHO THE HELL WANTS TO DATE YOU!" Yuna yelled, jumped up and gave him a side kick on his face.

Rukawa eyes flickered a little with surprise when he saw Kutzo flew off his feet and fell backwards a metre away and landed on the floor unconscious. The students watching all gasped.

"Jerk!" Yuna mumbled under her breath.

She turned around and stopped short when she realized five other boys were waiting for her. She clutched her hands into fist shaking with anger then.

"We will take care of you for doing that to our sempai!" One of them said.

"Huh?" Yuna's raised her eyebrows up her forehead. "You boys are going to regret this."

The boy who spoke ran towards her before he had the chance to attack her, Yuna was too quick jumped up into the air, and flipped over his head as her hands land on his shoulder and sprang up higher into the air before she did a summersault and landed swiftly on her legs behind him. Rukawa watched her now filled with amazement. Yuna then turned around to face the attacker in a fighting position. Then she realized all five of them were going to take her at the same time. Her anger grew.

"CREEPS!!!!" She shouted.

Rukawa watched her take down all five of them in a minute. After she had beat the last boy, all of them lay on the ground unconscious. She was taking deep breaths after that. Her ponytail lay on her shoulder as she still stood in a fighting position for a moment before she straighten up and pushed her ponytail away from her shoulder.

Rukawa turned to the door then after Yuna had defeated those five boys. Never in his life had he ever seen such a girl before. He walked down the steps slowly wondering what was that all about. He had never been curious about any girl before and he was slightly surprise this tomboy had cause this curiousity.

Yuna who didn't know that Rukawa was among the boys watching her said softly. "Moh!" She didn't see Rukawa left either. "Of all nerves. I really hate boys."

With that she turned towards the exit. Everyone by the door watching quickly moved away for her to walk through. She made her way down slowly, feeling frustrated. When she reached the bottom of the stairs she bumped into someone at the corner of the corridor.

"Sumimesen." Yuna said and realized the person was really tall. She looked up and found herself looking at a pair of cold blue eyes. She frowned when she saw Rukawa looking back down at her in his expressionless eyes. "Oh its you. What are you doing around here anyway? Spying on me again?"

"Who wants to spy on a tomboy like you?" Rukawa said coldly.

Yuna gritted her teeth then, he was so infuriating. "What about you?" She snapped. "Hentai!" She turned away with her nose in the air and walked off.

Rukawa baka! Yuna thought to herself.

That `unbelievable stupid tomboy'! Rukawa thought to himself walking away the opposite direction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please Review!!!! Thank you…