Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Meeting Sendoh ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7

The sun rose, bright and glaring now at Kanagawa. It was early Saturday morning, as Yuna rushed to get dressed. She couldn't believe she had overslept. Grapping her sports bag she rushed downstairs as Kasumi had already gotten breakfast ready.

"Ee ki ti mas!" Yuna cried as she run out the house.

"Breakfast is ready!" Kasumi called after her.

"I don't want any!" Yuna replied as she disappeared out the front gate.

Kasumi sighed turning away from the door.

"I'm going to be late!" Yuna exclaimed running down the sidewalk in full speed. "I hope I can make it on time."

As she ran down the sidewalk, not long later someone on a pink bike cycled up and crashed into her. She fell to the ground hard.

"Itai!" She groaned when she hit the ground flat on her face. She looked up immediately feeling so angry she felt like hammering the person. "Watch where you're going!"

When she saw the person was Rukawa, she got even madder. She got up to her feet, lifted her hand about to strike when she realized he was sleeping. Her hand stopped in mid air, as she looked at him, surprised.

Rukawa who was dozing on his bike, blinked when he heard Yuna's voice. He looked up slightly his eyes still half closed at Yuna who looked astounded and one hand raise in the air. Soon her face changed from astounded to anger. She put her hand down, her whole body shaking with fury.

"How can you ride on a bike sleeping?" Yuna shouted, she turned away then and ran off. "BAKA!"

Moh of all people, Yuna thought to herself furiously.

It was the day, Yuna would have her first gymnastic competition with Ryonan High. She raced to the train station pushing Rukawa out of her mind. When she reached Ryonan Station, she raced all the way to their school. She was puffed when she reached the school front gate while the others waited for her.

"Gomen!" She gasped for breath. "I over slept today."

"Don't worry." Nabiko said. "You're not that late. Come on let's get inside to get ready for the first round."

"Hai!" Everyone shouted.

Not far off a group of basketball team was on their way to the court as well, they looked over to the girls as they walked into the school.

"Today is the gymnastic competition isn't it?" Koshino asked.

"I should think so." Uzomi answered. "Where is Sendoh?"

"I should think he over slept again." Koshino said.

"Well, I guess we should start practicing before him then." Uzomi said shaking his head. "When he turned up, he can just join in."

*************************************************************** *********

The first round of the gymnastic match, was finally over and the total marks of Shohoku remained strong. It was because of Yuna, who managed to get full marks for most of the rounds. Now there was an hour break before the second round where they will be using the ribbons and ball.

"Nabiko Sempai," Yuna said. "I think I need go get a drink. Do you want any?"

"Iya," she replied. "Don't be late for the second round."

"Don't worry will be right back."

Yuna walked out the gymnastic hall then. She looked around the corridor and sweat dropped appeared on her head. She doesn't know where the cafeteria was. She sighed, and walked down the corridor, hoping to find it in time.

Meanwhile, at the basketball court, everyone was also taking a break.

"Now where did Sendoh go?" Koshino asked looking around. "He disappears as soon as we are having a break."

"Calm down Koshino." Uzomi said. "He will come back. He probably went to get a drink in the cafeteria."

Koshino sighed, Sendoh was late for practice, disappears during practice but he was still the best player in Ryonan High. If fact better than any boy his age. He may be easy going and carefree though when he comes to practice and the real match he always very serious.

Yuna walked down the deserted corridor looking around for direction, just when she saw someone ahead of her walking down the same direction.

Someone from Ryonan High? She thought hopefully running to him.

"Ah nor!" Yuna cried going up to him, she stopped looking up to him slightly stunned. He was so tall! He had his hair styled all standing up in the air.

"Hai?" He smiled down at her.

He has amazing smile, Yuna thought and smiled in returned.

"I was wondering if you can show me where the cafeteria is." Yuna said.

"I'm going there myself," he said. "I'll show you the way. You are not from Ryonan are you?"

"Iya, I'm from Shohoku." Yuna said. "I came here for the gymnastic competition."

"I'm Akira Sendoh," he said extending his hand to her.

"Yuna Tendoshi." Yuna shook his hand and thought his name sounded familiar.

"Nice meeting you." Sendoh said still smiling.

"Same here," Yuna smiled in returned then it clicked. Now she remembered where she heard his name before.

Flashback…

"There was a player, number 7 even better than Rukawa," Haruko said. "His name is Akira Sendoh."

End of Flashback.

So this is Akira Sendoh, Yuna thought, the boy who Rukawa got all worked up with after the match.

When they got to the cafeteria, Yuna got the drink she wanted before she turned to leave she looked up Sendoh with a smile.

"Arigatou, Sendoh Sempai." Yuna said. "I will have to go back now."

"Yuna- chan…" Sendoh called when Yuna walked away.

Yuna turned around slightly. "Nani?"

"You said you are from Shohoku aren't you?" he said. "You should know who Rukawa is then."

"Rukawa?" Yuna looked at him surprised. "Er… yes I know him."

"I'm sure you always cheer for him don't you," Sendoh said. "I heard most of the girls in Shohoku do."

"Eck?" Yuna raised an eyebrow and said softly. "Cheer for that baka?"

"What did you say?" Sendoh asked.

"Ah," Yuna smiled shaking her head. "Nanda mo nai. I don't really go watch them play actually."

"Honto?" Sendoh said surprised. "I would like it if you come to cheer for me."

"Arigatou," Yuna said again and bow. "I really have to go now, ja."

With that she turned around and ran out the cafeteria, leaving Sendoh slightly confused. He then smiled to himself, Yuna seemed really pretty and very nice though slightly strange. He can tell she wasn't the same as other girls.

"Cheer for that baka?" Yuna said to herself as she ran down the corridor. "Jo dan je nai!"

The gymnastic match carried on till late in the evening, after Yuna did the last recital, everyone turned to see the judges anxiously. The Shohoku team cheered when Yuna scored full marks.

"You did great!" Nabiko cried running to her.

Yuna was very happy she had won the competition, but her happiness was interrupted when Sota suddenly appeared in the mist of the crowd.

"Yuna Neechan!" He cried. "Yuna neechan!"

"Sota?" Yuna turned him in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"It was a lucky thing you told me where you went." Sota said breathing hard. "Trouble at Judo Hall, there is…"

Before Sota can finish his sentence Yuna turned around told the captain she need to leave and ran out the hall. Sota ran after her but barely could catch up with her.

"Neechan chotto mate!" Sota cried trying to catch up with Yuna who now so far away from him that he could barely see her.

Yuna cursed inwardly, just when she wasn't around, things like that got to happen. She threw her uniform over her leotard as she ran out the building and her skirt as she ran out the gate and disappeared down the street.

Sendoh who had just finished practice was surprised to see Yuna dashing out the school as she wore her uniform over her leotard. Then not long after Yuna disappeared he saw a little boy running out the front entrance of the school.

"Yuna Neechan!" Sota shouted. "Mate yo!"

Sota stopped at the gate taking deep breath. "Moh, she disappears so quickly."

"Ah nor, Yuna is your sister?"

Sota turned to see Sendoh standing next to him. He knew who he was. Sota love basketball and he knew the best players in Kanagawa. He stared at Sendoh then. Sendoh looked down at the little boy's surprise face and smiled.

"You are Akira Sendoh, sempai!" Sota exclaimed. "I read about you."

"Hai," Sendoh said.

"I'm Sota Tendoshi, Yuna is my older sister." Sota said. "I just told her that there is a challenge at Tendoshi Judo Training Hall and she ran out of here like lighting."

"Challenged?" Sendoh looked amazed at the news. "Tendoshi Judo Hall?"

"Hai, we own a Judo Training Hall," Sota said with a smile. "Yuna neechan takes care of it."

"Soh kah?" Sendoh said even more amazed then he smiled. "Let me accompany you back."

"Arigatou."

They both then walked out the school together. What Sota told him about Yuna made Sendoh even more fascinated about this out of the ordinary girl.