Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Science Partner ( Chapter 22 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi Dgirlie, well I was not the captain of the team though the three pointer shooter. I wasn't really a very strong person and very short for a basketball player. I'm only 5'3… so the only thing I could do was be very good at a position so I was the SG and I took the role to shoot three pointers. My captain was a really tall girl… she is around 5'10!!!!! Fast runner and really, really athletic ~_^

Chapter 22

Yuna yawned as she walked through the school front gates. Everyone was staring at her as she came in. Who wouldn't be; Yuna thought, slightly agitated at their stares. She was wearing her casuals to school, a white blouse and a pair of blue jeans. She just found out this morning that her uniform was missing. She had no choice but to wear her own clothes until the tailor make one for her.

She yawned again as she walked into the building. She didn't get much sleep the night before and she was still very tired that morning. Not wanting to stay at home she decided to come to school. Anyway, it was time for her to start school again. She didn't want to miss too many classes.

She got up to the office just as the bell rang. She went to the registrar with her eyes half close. The secretary looked up at her in surprised. She knew Yuna from last year and smiled when she came closer.

"Welcome home Yuna-chan!" She said though Yuna could only nod. "We had already placed you in a class. Let me bring you there. You will be in Year 2 class Group 10. Please come with me. I'll show you where the class is."

"Arigatou…" Yuna mumbled and yawned again.

They walked down the empty corridor for all the students were already in class. The Secretary opened the door of class Group 10 and looked in. the teacher was already teaching.

"Sumimesen," She said. "There is a new student in this class that had come today."

Yuna walked into the class then. Everyone looked at her, some that knew her from before smiled to greet her. Yuna smiled softly in return. The secretary left the class then.

"This is Yuna Tendoshi class, please welcome her back." The teacher said.

Yuna bowed forcing a yawn back. "Yoroshiku…" she mumbled to the class. She cursed inwardly, she was damn tired.

"You can take the last seat at the back the second row on your left." The teacher said. "I hope you will be able to catch up with your work."

"Hai…" Yuna muttered looking over at her seat and at that moment, her eyes snapped opened widely.

On the first row at the last seat on her left was, Rukawa staring back at her expressionlessly. She quickly looked away from him as she made her way to her place. Why must I be in his class! Yuna thought miserably. So much for wanting to avoid him in school. She sighed inwardly and sat down on her place stiffly.

"Like I was saying class this chapter…" The teacher started his lecture.

Yuna was barely listening because she was so tired, she rest her head on her hand and her elbow resting on the table looking at the teacher with her eyes half open. She yawned again hoping the class will end as soon as possible.

She turned over to her right forgetting that Rukawa would be sitting there. (Now that she was facing the other way of the class Rukawa will be on her right) To her surprised she saw Rukawa fast asleep on his desk. She raised her head slightly from her hand looking at him amazed.

"He always does that." Yuna heard someone on her left whispered.

She turned to see a boy she never seen before smiling at her. "Toma Hiroshi," the boy introduced himself.

"Always?" Yuna wondered out in a whisper.

"Hai," Toma chuckled softly. "The teacher had finally given up hope trying to teach him."

"Really…" Yuna whispered turning back to Rukawa slumbering figure.

The classes went on longer than Yuna could ever imagine, she would have leapt up with joy when the bell rang for lunch break. Quickly she got up and left the class even before Rukawa looked up. She didn't want to talk to him after what happened the night before.

Rukawa looked up slightly; feeling perturbed by the bell and saw Yuna rushing out the class. He blinked, he was very surprised when he Yuna walking in to his class. Slightly please that she was, though his gladness turned into anger when Yuna ignored him totally. As usual he couldn't keep awake much longer than the whole class he fell asleep. Now that it was break Rukawa thought that he may be able to talk to her she rushed out even before he wakes up. Feeling very ignited, he stood up and left the class too.

Yuna that tomboy! Rukawa thought to himself furiously as he walked down the corridor.

At the meantime, Yuna was in the cafeteria, she hardly ever eats there because Kasumi always made her lunch but she forgot hers this morning. She sat on an empty table eating alone when someone came to talk to her.

"The seat occupied?"

Yuna looked up and saw it was Toma the boy who talked to her in class. She smiled then.

"Iya…"

"I heard you did study in Shohoku last year." Toma said.

"Hai, I was here but I came back late because I wasn't home from China."

"I'm actually new here. This is my first semester in Shohoku."

"No wonder I had never seen you before."

"I used to study in Kainan."

Yuna looked at him surprised.

"Hai, my family recently moved to this district so I enrolled myself in Shohoku." He explained. "Kainan will be a little far for me to go to school every morning."

"Well, nice that you came here." Yuna said smiling.

"Arigatou."

Yuna then spent her lunch break talking to Toma. He seemed very nice, like Sakuragi. When lunch break was over it was time for them to have science class. Yuna made her way to the lab with Toma then.

They entered the class together and took their places. Toma went to take a seat with his partner and Yuna took a seat alone on an empty table. She waited for the teacher to come. She realized that Rukawa wasn't around in class yet even when the teacher had arrived. He only came in ten minutes after that looking unperturbed.

"Rukawa Kaede!" The teacher snapped. "You are late again! If you do this again I will punish you!"

Yuna raised her eyebrows slightly. Again? She thought to herself.

"Anyway, we have a new student like everyone know." The teacher said to Rukawa still standing by the door. "Everyone should know that I had paired everyone in twos at the beginning of the semester. It is because you had entered school late this semester Rukawa you where the odd one out. Now that a new student had come too, you will be her partner for the rest of the year."

"USOH!" Yuna exclaimed standing up from her seat.

Everyone turned to her in surprised. Her face turned brick red then and sat back down, looking down on the desk.

"Sumimesen…" Yuna said softly.

"Well, take your place with your partner Rukawa." The teacher said and turned to the board.

Rukawa walked over to Yuna who had her face turned the other direction. He sat down his face expressionless. He was also surprised that he was group with Yuna. He had been working in the lab by himself since he came back from school. He never thought of wanting a partner but if it was Yuna he didn't mind.

"You can try ignoring me but it is not going to work." Rukawa whispered to her when he took a seat next to her.

She turned around to look at him them, looking slightly displeased. "Who said I'm ignoring you." She whispered back.

They turned away from each other haughtily then.

*************************************************************** *********

When the final bell rang, Yuna packed her bags quickly and dashed out the class. She didn't want to talk to Rukawa but instead she bumped into a group of girls which were Rukawa's fans. Yuna stopped on the spot stunned.

One thing after another has to happen to me today. She thought to herself furiously. Can't anyone give me a break?

"So you are Rukawa-sama's partner in science class!" One of them exclaimed.

Boy! News about Rukawa really traveled fast in the school. Yuna thought amazed.

"It's you again Yuna Tendoshi! Last year Rukawa-sama gave you a lunch box this year you have to be partner with our Rukawa-sama!"

Lunch box? Oh yes, I almost forgot, the hell of a day they gave me…damn that was like last year… they still can remember? Yuna stared at them astonished and speechless.

"Hey, the teacher was the one who paired us together!" Yuna exclaimed irritated after she managed to find her voice again. "Why don't you all go talk to him instead of me."

"Our rules hadn't change, you still have to be one of course to be close to our Rukawa-sama!" One of the girls shouted at her.

"You all have to me joking!" Yuna cried angrily turning away from them. "Forget it. I will never cheer like one of you!"

She turned away from them to walk away when she heard the girls running towards her from the back. She turned around slightly to see the girls charging after her. Yelping, she turned around and fled down the corridor.

She turned around the corner and hit into someone so hard she fell backwards. Looking up slightly flustered she saw herself staring at a pair of expressionless blue eyes. Rukawa bent down slightly and pulled Yuna up swiftly by her arm. Without saying anything he dragged her into a room near by. Too surprised to say anything Yuna staggered behind him and entered the room with him. They stood in the darkness when they heard the girls run passed the room. By the musty smell of the room Yuna knew that it was a broomstick storeroom.

Rukawa reached for the light bulb and pulled the string down to turn the lights on. Rukawa was still holding on to Yuna's hand. He looked at her and saw that she was still looking surprised. She stared back him wide eye, and when she realized that he was still holding on her hand she pulled her hand away from him gently and looked away.

"Arigatou…" she said without looking at him.

"You should be more careful." Rukawa said.

"How would I know they will come after me?" Yuna retorted turning back to him angrily. "It is not like I wanted it to happen."

Rukawa remained silent looking at Yuna's furious face.

Yuna stared at Rukawa and realized that he was looking at her gently. Slightly taken aback she turned away her face flushed slightly. Feeling uncomfortable that they were alone together she headed for the door.

"I should be going." Yuna said reaching for the doorknob.

To Yuna's amazement Rukawa pulled her back from the door and turned her around. The action took her by surprised and she slipped. Both of them fell to the floor then with Yuna lying on top of Rukawa. Then Yuna heard the girls running back down the corridor. Caught stunned Yuna lay on Rukawa unable to move. She gasped slightly when she heard the girls coming back the same direction and she gazed towards the door. She could hear their footsteps fading away as they ran further away from the room.

"Not yet…" Rukawa said softly.

Yuna turned to look down at him and realized that their faces were only inches apart and Rukawa had his arms around her. She blushing again, she quickly moved away from him. When she stood up she didn't dare to look at Rukawa.

"Are you alright?" Rukawa asked. "You fell and I caught you…"

"Domo…" Yuna whispered still staring at the other direction. "Is it safe to go out now?"

Silently, Rukawa reached for the door then. He opened and went out waiting for Yuna outside the storeroom. Yuna walked out slowly and they walked away to the other direction away from the girls.

"How did you know they will come back?" Yuna asked.

"I'm the one that they are always after." Rukawa said expressionlessly.

Yuna looked at Rukawa then. He looked irritated.

"I hid there before," Rukawa explained shortly.

Yuna smiled then slightly amused to know that Rukawa was hiding from the girls. Rukawa turned to look at her then and she quickly looked away. Things never change around here. Rukawa was still famous among the girls and to know that Rukawa was also slightly scared of them made Yuna feel amused. She smiled inwardly, looks like there was something Rukawa was afraid of. Girls and she never thought Rukawa was ever afraid of anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Now, this chapter Yuna doesn't sound much like Yuna… she was sleepy in class. Barely listens to the teacher. She sounds so much like Rukawa now, right…? Well anyways… this is cause of her change of life. I didn't really explained much about her slacking in her work but anyways it's due to the trouble about Rukawa and Sendoh… a love triangle she is not use to it. Who would be anyways? What do you all think? Review yeah!!!! Thank you.

And Rukawa became slightly OOC in this chapter… well he became that ever since he started having feelings for Yuna anyways. So I really hope he isn't weird!