Slam Dunk Fan Fiction ❯ Miss Match ❯ Detention with Rukawa ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just want to thank everyone who had reviewed!!!! Domo Arigatou mina!!!! I really appreciate it a lot. I have major exam coming up soon… So I may need to halt all my stories for a moment. If anyone wants me to email them when I start updating again, please leave your email when you review and I will email mina when the next new chapter comes up. This applies to those who are anonymous, however sign ones I would be able to look up for your email in your profiles.

Chapter 23

Yuna was making her way home after gymnastic practice when Rukawa came cycling up next to her. He stopped and came down the bike, and started pushing the bike next to her.

"Just finish practice?" Yuna asked.

"Hai," Rukawa said shortly.

"I heard from my friends that Riko-chan always waited for you after practice to go home together." Yuna said. "Why isn't she here today?"

"Can you stop asking me about Riko?"

"It was just a question." Yuna mumbled, when she saw how fast Rukawa became angry when she talked about her. "You don't have to be angry at me for asking a question."

Rukawa remained silent.

As they make their back to Tendoshi Residents they bumped into Sendoh who was walking up to them. Yuna smiled slightly when she saw him but Rukawa could only glare.

"Yuna, I came here to see you after practice." He said. "I hadn't seen you yesterday because couch decided to make us do extra practice, Sumimesen."

"Iya," Yuna said smiling. "It's alright Akira-kun."

Akira-kun? Rukawa thought to himself angrily. Since when did she start calling him by his first name?

"Rukawa, you had already finish practice too?" Sendoh asked turning to him.

Rukawa remained silent looked back at Sendoh his eyes full of fire. Sendoh smiled back calmly. Sweat drop appeared of Yuna's forehead then looking at the both of them.

"Ano…" Yuna said uncomfortably. "I really need to get home now. Kasumi neechan wants me to do something for her this evening."

They turned to her, without waiting for any of them to answer she walked on and sighed inwardly wondering why this had got to happen to her. She was happy without a fiancée, though now that she had one she was trying her best to get to know him even though she knew it was difficult for her to do so. She didn't want to disappoint anyone, especially if it was her parents' wishes.

Sendoh watched Yuna walking away and then he turned back to Rukawa studying him. A boy who shows no reaction, no feelings and shows no interest in any girl but with in own eyes he saw, even it was from a distant that Rukawa had cycled up to Yuna and started walking together with her.

"You like her don't you?" Sendoh asked Rukawa then.

Rukawa turned back to Sendoh in surprise

Sendoh smiled then, "I had hit on to the right spot didn't I?"

Rukawa ignored his question and turned away.

"You already know that Yuna is my fiancée." Sendoh said pushing his hands into his pocket watching him walking off. "Don't you?"

Rukawa stopped walking then, and turned around to him slightly. Sendoh could see that he was furious. Keeping his smile he walked up to him.

"Don't forget that" Sendoh repeated to Rukawa softly and seriously. "We may be enemies in court. Looks like we are enemies out of court too…"

Rukawa clenched his hands into fists next to him staring back at Sendoh. Sendoh watched Rukawa, who was looking back at him with so much fire, his suspicions was confirmed. Rukawa really cared about Yuna.

"You may win the battle but I will not lose the war." Rukawa said then and turned away from Sendoh walking away.

Sendoh looked at him walking down the sidewalk. What kind of relationship did they have before? He wondered. It looks like their relationship was more than just friends.

*************************************************************** *********

Sendoh watched Yuna, did her work out at the yard next to the Judo Hall. He never knew that Yuna was such a good fighter. He sat on the floor in the Judo hall looking out the Japanese sliding doors that lead to the yard with a smile on his face.

Yuna did a side kick on her wooden pole and turned to Sendoh. She was bath in sweat and breathing hard. Sendoh came out then giving her a towel. She took it and smiled in returned.

"Domo…" She said softly.

"You are really good." Sendoh said

"I was train ever since I was young." Yuna explained. "I have to be… if not it will be difficult if troubles come to our hall."

"This hall must be very important to you isn't it?"

"Hai," Yuna said entering the hall then with Sendoh at her wake. "This place is my home."

"It must be difficult to have such responsibility on your shoulders."

"Iya," Yuna said smiling slightly. "I'm happy to take the responsibility even though I have to sacrifice a lot of my teenage life."

"You are missing out a lot," Sendoh said softly touching her shoulders gently.

Yuna turned to look at Sendoh; his eyes were very understanding and kind. Yuna blinked staring into his eyes confused. How she had always wished that Rukawa would look at her like that always. She shook the thought away quickly.

Stop it, Sendoh is your fiancée. She told herself firmly. Stop thinking about Rukawa! She smiled up at Sendoh.

"Arigatou Akira-kun…" Yuna said softly. "But I am happy…"

"Are you really?" Sendoh asked unconvinced.

Yuna remained silent, did her eyes betrayed her?

"No teenage girls would dream of having such a responsibility."

Before Yuna could answer, Rukawa walked into the judo hall. He stopped at the door when he saw Sendoh holding Yuna's shoulders and they were actually standing very close. Yuna and Sendoh stared at him as he glared at them before he turned away and walked out.

Oh no!!! Rukawa….? Yuna thought to herself. Why must I care he saw us… I didn't do anything wrong!!!! But it just doesn't seem right… why?

"Those Rukawa comes here often?" Sendoh asked after Rukawa left interrupting Yuna's confused thoughts.

"Hai, he comes here every evening to train Sota, and stays for dinner." Yuna said. "Sometimes he will stay over if he practices basketball at the back till late at night."

"You both are really close." Sendoh said suddenly his voice sounded cold.

Yuna looked back up at him. "Rukawa and I are friends Akira-kun." Yuna said.

"Really…" Sendoh said skeptically. "I can see that you care a lot about him."

"Who doesn't care for a friend?" Yuna asked smiling gently. "He had been like a family friend for more than a year now."

"I see…" Sendoh mumbled. "Do you want to go for a walk?"

He wanted to get out of the house, so that Rukawa won't disturb them again, whenever Rukawa was around, Yuna drifts away and he didn't want that to happen. He knew exactly what she was thinking about and that was not something he wanted her to. Slightly jealous of Rukawa for having such effect on her, Sendoh decided to get out of the house away from him.

Yuna nodded. "OK." She agreed because she needed to clear her mind.

They left the house then, Rukawa stood aside watching them, his temper rising. He didn't understand why this had to happen. He didn't know what Yuna was trying to do either. He turned away from the door and headed for the basketball court at the back of the house. Only one way to get his mind away from her was to concentrate hard on basketball though he wasn't sure how long this thought will stay away.

*************************************************************** *********

In school…

"Rukawa you are late again!" The teacher shouted.

This time Rukawa had walked into the science lab half an hour late. Yuna looked over at Rukawa's uncaring face. He didn't seem to hear what the teacher was saying as he made his way to take his place next to Yuna.

The teacher gritted his teeth and smiled slightly. "Very well Rukawa, I have decided to enforce this rule for you seemed not to listen." He said slightly happy. "From now on, who ever breaks any more rules in the science laboratory not only the person will get punish but his partner as well…"

"Nani?" Yuna whispered under her breath looking at the teacher unbelievingly. "He has got to be kidding me…"

Rukawa looked over at the teacher too for once looking perturbed. He turned slightly to look at Yuna who was staring at the teacher with surprised. As soon as the teacher turned his back on the board Yuna turned to Rukawa.

"Can't you come to class on time?" Yuna snapped under her breath.

"Why do you care?" Rukawa retorted.

Yuna felt like one of her nerve snapped then. "I am getting punish because of you!" She shouted forgetting to keep her voice down. "And you ask me why I care?"

Rukawa glared at her.

"Yuna, Rukawa!" The teacher shouted at them.

Yuna looked back at the teacher; he was looking at the both of them angrily. That was only when Yuna realized she had shouted at Rukawa in class.

"Both of you stand outside the hall!" He said. "And come to see me after class."

Huffily Yuna got up and went out side. Rukawa followed callously. They stood side by side outside the lab with their heads looking the opposite direction. Yuna was so furious that this had to happen to her she had a feeling she wanted to throw something at Rukawa's expressionless face. She had never gotten punished in class before. When the bell rang, the teacher had asked both them to follow him to the staff room.

"Yuna, you seemed to be a good student according to your record in year one except for some occasions when you had some excuses you lost you homework and forgot to bring your Physical education uniform." The teacher said looking at her when they were in the staffroom. "But still, you could pass as a good student."

Yuna sweatdropped, she remembered those times very clearly. It was those time when Rukawa's fan club couldn't leave her alone because Rukawa had given her a lunch box.

"It would be difficult to be partnered with Rukawa here who I had heard many complain from his pass teachers." The teacher continued and looked over at Rukawa's undisturbed face. "Anyhow," he continued. "I had already enforced the rule in class; you will have to be punished with Rukawa for breaking rules in class."

"But…" Yuna started.

"It will be nothing very difficult." The teacher said putting his hand up to stop her. "I want you both to serve in a community service as a punishment."

Rukawa's flickered slightly; he had never in his life done community service before. He found it a waste of time.

"It will be this Saturday to help the orphanage."

"Orphanage?" Yuna repeated not understanding.

"Hai, I will be there myself." The teacher said. "You will have to help out for the whole day, I was thinking of bringing them outing, and I need volunteers actually to look after the children."

Yuna's mouth dropped opened then.

"Take is as an outing instead of a punishment Yuna." The teacher said then he turned to Rukawa. "Be sure to come Rukawa if not you will put Yuna into more trouble again."

Rukawa remained silent for moment but finally nodded once.

"You both can go back to your classes now." the teacher said then turning away from them.

Yuna and Rukawa left the staff room then.

"Sumimesen…" Rukawa said softly.

"Huh?" Yuna said surprised looking at Rukawa, couldn't believe her ears.

"I said…"

But Yuna didn't hear what he said for his fan club came out of nowhere suddenly looking at Yuna angrily. She took a step back and ran away the other direction immediately not caring whether Rukawa did apologize or not.

*************************************************************** *********

Yuna dialed the cell phone number Sendoh had given her. There was dialing tone for a moment and Yuna was put into voice message. She blinked then. He should be having practice today as well. Rukawa had practice too; it was because of his detention he had to miss it.

"Moshi moshi, Akira-kun." Yuna said after the beep to record her message. "Yuna speaking here, I won't be able to meet you today due to some school work. Sumimesen."

Yuna hang up the phone slowly then just as Kasumi came out the kitchen with two lunch boxes in her hands, she smiled and passed them to Yuna.

"Here," Kasumi said. "One of them is for Rukawa-kun."

"Arigatou neechan…" Yuna said taking them. "I'm going now."

"Hai, behave yourself and don't get into any more trouble." Kasumi shouted after as she ran out the house.

Yuna ran to school then, she was supposed to meet Rukawa and the teacher there. When she reached the school front gate she saw sensei was already waiting there but Rukawa still hadn't arrived yet.

"Oyaho gosaima!" Yuna greeted the teacher.

"I hope Rukawa will be here soon." The teacher said looking at his watch.

Not long later after he said that, Rukawa came cycling up dozing in his bike. He went to park his bike at the bicycle shed before he walked up to them still looking sleepy. Yuna smiled softly watching him. The teacher could only shake his head as they made their way out to the orphanage.

In the bus Rukawa and Yuna sat together, she passed him the lunch box to Rukawa then. Rukawa looked up slightly looking surprised.

"Kasumi neechan prepared it for you." Yuna said.

"Domo…" Rukawa said softly and he was dozing again.

"…" Yuna watched him nodding off in his seat.

The outing in the zoo with the children wasn't as bad as Yuna had thought, like the sensei had said it would be just like an outing for her too. She looked at Rukawa who looked impatient. He was annoyed that he had to miss basketball practice. Yuna inclined her head.

"Why don't you enjoy yourself today?" Yuna asked. "You never do anything else but play basketball."

"It is a waste of time today…" Rukawa muttered furiously. "Practice match will be coming soon and I have to practice."

"I know, but no harm in taking a break." Yuna said. "You are already here. Why can't you just try taking it as a day off? You can practice all you want tomorrow."

"Yuna neechan!" One of the children called Yuna then. "Come here, we want to show you something."

"Hai, hai!" Yuna exclaimed smiling running over to them and took his hand in hers. The other children rushed up to her then wanting to hold her hand too. "Don't push children…" Yuna said mildly smiling.

Rukawa watched her, his hands in his pocket. For a moment he thought he was looking a Kasumi. He blinked, if only Yuna didn't need to take responsibility for the Judo Hall she would probably be like Kasumi, he thought. Looks like she had her gentle side even she looks hard outside. Rukawa smiled to himself following her slowly.

Soon, the whole morning was gone and they all were having their lunch. Yuna sat under a tree eating the lunch Kasumi had made for her when Rukawa came to her and sat down next to her. They sat in silence as they ate their lunch.

"Yuna…" Rukawa said after a long moment of quietness passes between them. " Anor…"

"Yuna neechan!" the children called Yuna again then. Rukawa looked slightly irritated then for being interrupted.

Yuna turned to look at the children slightly surprised that she was so popular among the kids. She never had any experiences taking care of children before and to her surprised she didn't know that they like her very much.

"Let's take photo together!" All of them called.

"Rukawa oniisan!" One of them went over to Rukawa to his surprise to pull him up. "Come take with us too."

Yuna smiled watching Rukawa's surprised face. "They like you…" Yuna told him as she was pulled along with him.

Rukawa turned to Yuna; she was smiling happily next to him. For the first time, ever since Rukawa had met her, he never saw Yuna smiling like that. Rukawa stared at her. She actually looked really happy. Yuna turned to Rukawa when she realized that she was staring at her. She inclined her head still smiling.

"Nani?" Yuna asked looking at his surprised face. "Are you surprised the children like you? Well, they actually told me that you are really one cool guy they had ever seen."

Yuna chuckled then turning away from him. Rukawa smiled inwardly. He never had younger siblings as he was the only child and he had never ever known how it felt for a younger kid to think that he was an idol. Now that this children looked at him like he was their idol Rukawa felt a slight happiness that he had never felt before. They took position to take their photo. Yuna knelt down in the middle with the kids around as Rukawa stood at the side. As they were posing for the shot Rukawa felt someone tug his pants. He looked down and saw a little girl looking up at him.

"Rukawa Oniisan…" she said smiling up at him. "Why don't you kneel next to Yuna neechan in this photo?"

Rukawa taken aback by the question remained silent. The little girl tugged him to the middle then and made a way for Rukawa to be next to Yuna. Even Yuna turned to look at them in surprise.

"Here Rukawa Oniisan." The girl said and stood next to him in the photo.

Yuna smiled at Rukawa surprised face. Rukawa turned to look at Yuna and relaxed when he saw her smiling.

"Alright… everyone ready?" The teacher said. "On the count of three…"

"Cheeeeeese…" the children said.

"1… 2…3…"

CLICK!

*************************************************************** *********

Yuna yawned as they made their way late that night. Rukawa was pushing bike next to her. He looked at her slightly. He could see that she was about to fall asleep walking home. He stopped then and got on his bike, Yuna turned to him in surprise

"Get on…" Rukawa said.

"Huh?"

"It will be faster to get home this way." Rukawa said in his uncaring tone.

"But…"

"For once can't you stop contradicting me?"

Too tired to argue Yuna gave in and sat behind on the metal seat and hold to Rukawa's waist. Seeing that she was ready Rukawa cycled and Yuna yawned again. Feeling her eyes lid getting heavy, slowly she leaned on Rukawa's back and her eyes shut completely and she was fast asleep.

Rukawa stopped on the spot when he felt Yuna leaning on his back. He turned his head around slightly to see Yuna sleeping on his back looking very comfortable. Smiling slightly to himself he continued his way back slowly not wanting to wake her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

Don't mina just wanna kill Yuna and Rukawa to be so obedient… hahahhaha… if they just come out to the open and tell how they feel, I guess it would be the end of the story already… ~_^ anyways… just want to complicate things a bit :P

A weird change right, Rukawa don't seemed sleepy but Yuna was in these chapter… anyways… just wanna have a romantic scene … can't have Rukawa sleeping on his bike rights…:P Imagine the scenario… it will end up being a funny chapter then. Next chapter coming soon!!!!