Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Life Bestowed ❯ The Accident ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

This is an odd story, based on an idea shared by Scotty CF and myself. While both stories will center around the same core idea, they will be different, and I suggest you read both in order to see this story played out as two different authors would have it happen. With that said, on with the show!

Life Bestowed

Chapter 1: The Accident

The cunning Robotnik had had many plans played out, most of which had failed. For years, he had never given up, but there were always mistakes made by both sides. One of those was the twice-used decision to create a killer robot with hyper-advanced AI. Metal Sonic 2 and Metal Tails were their names, and in the end, the latter of the two was destroyed by the one he was meant to resemble. Metal Sonic 2, or simply Metal-2, was an ongoing problem, added to all the others that defended the city of New York, and indeed, the entire planet. The scientist had tried numerous times to regain control of the machine, and all had worked temporarily. It had gotten to the point where Robotnik would rather just destroy the robot and be done with it. So, the Eggman hatched a plan…

Robotnik: It's so simple! I will use a classic villainous technique to lure him to his doom!

The scientist turned to Metal Sonic, who wasn't rebellious against his master, and somewhat reliable.

Robotnik: You know the plan, Metal. Now go.

Metal Sonic: As you command.

From behind them, the less-than-intelligent Chaos Zero looked up from his comic book, and posed a question. Metal Sonic flew away, determined not to listen to the creature.

Chaos: What about me, boss?

Robotnik: I believe you already know your role, but I'll explain it again for the last time. Do you have the tape I gave you?

Chaos held up a videotape.

Chaos: I got it right here. I also got some scotch tape, some masking tape, and some painter's tape, but I can't find my duck tape.

Robotnik: <thinking> Too bad…we could've used that to cover your mouth…

Chaos: So, what do I do with it again?

Robotnik: Take it to their base, leave it on the doorstep, and ring the doorbell. Then, get back here as fast as you can. Got it?

Chaos: Okay…Hey, I think I'll put a big red bow on it, so it'll be like a real gift!

Robotnik: No bows! Just deliver it!

Chaos: Who's delivering pizza?

Robotnik: OUT!!

Chaos ran away scared, tape in hand. Meanwhile, Metal Sonic was nearing his target, flying through the sky. The robot reached an apartment building, and descended down a bit, lining himself up with a window. Looking through it, he saw none other than Amy Rose, reading a book on the couch.

Metal Sonic: Time to get to work…

The robot was carrying a hand grenade and a roll of duct tape with him. He taped the grenade to the wall next to the window, and pulled the pin out. He backed up a bit, and waited.

Metal Sonic: Three…two…one…

<KABOOM!!>

The grenade exploded, sending glass and brick everywhere. Metal Sonic rushed in through the hole, and found a surprised Amy, frozen with shock and fear. He grabbed her, picking her up, and flew back out of the hole.

Amy: HEEEEELLPPPP MEEE!!!

They rushed off toward Robotnik's base, leaving a crowd of people below in awe. Chaos was closing in on his target at about the same time Metal Sonic returned. The liquid monster approached the door, hoping he wouldn't be seen.

Chaos: Okay…Now what was I supposed to do again? Oh yeah, that's right!

He put the tape on the ground in front of the door, rang the bell, and then hurried away. A few seconds later, the door opened, and behind it was a green hedgehog by the name of Scotty. He looked left and right, wondering who had rung the bell. Then, he glanced at the ground, and saw the tape.

Scotty: Well…at least it's not a baby…

He picked it up, and carried it inside, closing the door behind him. Scotty walked into another room, where many of the others were, and was greeted by Sonic the hedgehog.

Sonic: Who was it, Scott?

Scotty: Don't know…but they left this.

He showed the tape to them all as he approached the TV. Kneeling down, he placed it in the VCR.

Scotty: Haven't used this thing in a while…

A moment later, Robotnik's face appeared on the screen.

Robotnik: Hello, everyone! I have an important message, which you will all want to hear!

Sonic: If it's so important, you could've at least used a DVD.

Tails: He probably can't afford to make one…

Scotty: Quiet, he's saying something!

Robotnik: …And now, on to the point of this. Metal Sonic 2, you pitiful excuse for a machine, I have kidnapped Amy yet again. Come to me alone, robot, and I'll consider letting her go.

Metal-2: I'll be there.

Robotnik: You can find my base here…

A map showed up on the screen as the scientist's voice continued in the background.

Robotnik: I'm sure I'll see you very soon! Ah-hahahahahahaaaa! And remember…Come alone.

The tape ended. Metal-2 turned to the crew.

Metal-2: I must be going now.

Sonic: Wait! Are you sure about this? It could be a trap.

Metal-2: I'm certain it's a trap. But I'll be careful.

Scotty: Good luck, and hurry back.

Metal-2 nodded, and went out the door. Back at Robotnik's base, Chaos returned, and found the others handcuffing Amy to a rope and duct taping her mouth.

Chaos: There's my duck tape!

Metal Sonic: That's duct tape, you idiot!

Chaos: That's what I said.

Robotnik: Be quiet, you two. That robot will be here any minute now, so get into position!

There was an explosion from a nearby wall, and they all looked over to see Metal-2 walk in, stepping over the rubble. Amy screamed something, but it was muffled by the tape.

Metal-2: I believe you wanted to see me?

Robotnik: No no no! You were supposed to take the main path and activate the traps!

Metal-2: Too bad. Now give me back Amy.

Robotnik: Never!

Metal-2: Then I'll just to take her.

The robot pointed his blasters above Amy's head, and shot the rope that held her up. She fell to the ground, unhurt but struggling to stand up. Metal Sonic and Chaos jumped in his way, blocking the robot's path. Metal-2 flew forward, grabbing and throwing Metal Sonic down, and then he flew through Chaos, who burst into water droplets that collected in a puddle. Metal-2 stopped when he reached Amy, and helped her up.

Amy: Omm MmMm Mfmfmmm MffMmmMm!

Metal-2 picked her up and started to fly away, but crashed to the ground when he was shot from behind by Robotnik. The robot dropped Amy, who rolled down a garbage chute and out of sight. Metal-2 couldn't move; something was paralyzing him.

Robotnik: Ah ha ha ha! Metal, bring me the magnetic lifter.

Metal Sonic did as he was told, leaving and returning with a device that looked like floating table. Outside, a something was making a lot of noise as it traveled down a large metal pipe. Suddenly, Amy flew out of it and crashed into the dirt. She slowly got to her feet, dazed but okay. Amy reached up to her mouth, and ripped the tape off.

Amy: Metal, Oh no---OOWWW!!! Ow! Ow! Ow! Pain!

The sting of the tape's sudden removal subsided as she ran for the refuge base to get the help of the others. Back inside, Metal-2 was shackled to the inside of a large machine. On a platform above, Robotnik stood at the machine's controls.

Robotnik: And now, I will finish you off forever!

He pressed a button on the panel in front of him, and the machine began to spin around, with Metal-2 inside. The robot began to pick up different energies being pumped into him, trying to mess him up. Electricity surrounded him as the robot was tortured. The machine worked harder and harder, siphoning so much power in different forms into the robot as it spun around. Metal-2's visual screen began to spark and fizzle as different components overloaded. The robot flailed around violently as his very physical makeup was altered. Twinges of a new sensation, pain, surged through his body. Metal Sonic and Chaos stood beside Robotnik as they watched.

Chaos: Ooh, let me get a better look!

Chaos held out a pair of binoculars and leaned over, looking down into the device.

Robotnik: Be careful Chaos. When the machine reaches full power, it will disintegrate whatever's inside.

Metal Sonic: In that case, why don't you take a closer look!

Chaos: Okeydokey!

Chaos leaned over until he lost his balance, and fell into the machine. He was instantly smashed into water droplets that covered the machine. This caused a malfunction, and the spinning device began to spark and catch on fire.

Robotnik: The machine is overloading! Get out of here!

Robotnik and Metal Sonic ran from the room while droplets of Chaos were flung onto the wall. Seconds later, the machine exploded, blowing a hole in the wall of the base and sending pieces and parts everywhere. Chaos had somehow survived, and was jettisoned upwards, sounding like a firecracker. The different energies of the machine had worked improperly, causing an interesting thing to happen to Metal-2, who now lay outside the base, covered by a sheet of metal.

A few minutes later, the sheet moved, and hand reached out from under it. Metal-2 got to his knees, tossing the sheet off him. His appearance was different now, though.

Metal-2: Oh man…What happened to me?

He looked down at his hand, and looked a few more times. It was strange, because what he expected to see wasn't there. The colors were about right, but the arm was no longer robotic. The hand had a fingerless glove that was red with black at the wrists. Panicked, he looked at the other arm and hand, but they were organic as well. He looked down at himself, and found that he wasn't a robot. This was very confusing, and he tried to do a scan of himself, but found that all his special sensors weren't working. His visual screen was different; it didn't have any displays. Even his voice was real. Somehow, Metal-2 had become a real, living hedgehog.

Metal-2: This must be one of those nightmares I'm always hearing about…But I can't wake up…I need to get to the base!

He tried to fly, but discovered that he couldn't do that, either. Very displeased, he ran back to the Refuge base. It took a while for him to find it, but he finally arrived. He walked inside, headed for Dr. Arrow's lab. When Sonic noticed him walk by, he stopped him in the hall. Metal-2 looked much different now, blue with gray areas, real shoes, a dark gray belt, and only three spikes on his head.

Sonic: Hey there, stranger. Where you headed?

Metal-2: Sonic, I need to speak with Dr. Arrow!

Sonic: You sound kinda familiar…Do I know you?

Metal-2: It's me, Metal!

Sonic: Yeah right! You're colored like him, but you missed an important detail: Metal is a robot!

Scotty walked up to them wondering what was going on.

Sonic: Check it out, Scott. I think Metal's got a fan club…And here's the president!

Scotty: That's a nice job with the colors. I'm sorry, but Metal isn't here at the moment.

Metal-2: Yes I am! I'm right here! It's me…sorta…

Sonic: Okay, prove it!

Metal-2 walked up to a computer, and entered his screen name and password.

Scotty: Big deal, so you know his stuff.

Metal-2: Well what do you want me to do?

Sonic: Start with telling us why we should believe that you're really him, a robot.

Metal-2: I went to rescue Amy, and Robotnik trapped me somehow. He put me in a machine that was supposed to disintegrate me, but instead, this happened!

Sonic: <leans over to Scotty's ear, whispers> Well, he's got some facts right, and Amy did say something terrible happened to him…What do you think?

Scotty: I'm considering it. Uh, Metal, if it's really you, then…um…go prove it to our resident scientists. They know as much about Metal as we do.

Metal-2: Very well. I shall speak with them, and we'll get this settled…

Three hours later…

Billy walked up to them with a confused look on his face. Tails and Nightingale were with him.

Billy: Well, I must admit, he may be telling the truth.

Tails: We did everything from a lie detector test to an IQ test, and he's nearly identical to Metal.

Nightingale: Except of course for the fact he's not a robot.

Metal-2 stumbled out of the lab, walking up to them. He appeared to be in pain.

Metal-2: I told you so…I feel strange…I think I'm experiencing pain…

Tails: Where at?

Metal-2: Mid-torso, left side.

Tails: <chuckles> You're hungry.

Metal-2: But…Can I eat?

Billy: It would appear so. You have an organic body, like any other hedgehog.

Metal-2: Hmm…I guess I'll try.

Sonic: Like any other hedgehog, huh? I know just the thing!

A few minutes later, they all sat down with Metal-2. Finally believing it was him, they were excited to know what he would think of a chilidog. Unsurely, Metal-2 picked it up, and took a bite.

Tails: Okay, now chew and swallow.

Metal-2 did so, chewing it up and swallowed it. There was an expression of disgust on his face afterwards.

Metal-2: It doesn't seem to be pleasant. Not at all. In fact, it's disgusting! …I think I'll have some more.

He ate the rest of it, and everyone was confused.

Sonic: So, you don't like chilidogs? Well, that's weird enough as it is, but you ate one anyway?

Metal-2: It's the first time I've ever tasted anything. Plus, I don't want to waste food.

Sonic: Whatever.

Amy looked at Metal-2, strangely.

Amy: I think it might really be him. He is kinda cute.

Metal-2: It is me, Amy…Oh, I forgot to ask-Are you okay?

Amy: Yeah, I'm fine.

Metal-2: Good.

Scotty: I think you're gonna need a different name now.

Metal-2: Why's that?

Scotty: It just seems like the right thing to do. At least until we turn you back, of course.

Metal-2: Turn me back?

Scotty: Into a robot. Wait…you do want to go back, right?

Metal-2: Yes, but not just yet. I've got some life to live.

Scotty: Well, Metal, here's your first big life choice: What do you want us to call you while you're like this?

Metal-2: Hmm…Want to be…Kevin…Or Dave…Or maybe-

Scotty: Johnny!

Metal-2: Yeah, Johnny! That's cool.

Sonic: Well then, Johnny, what do you want to do next?

Johnny: Hmm…I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open…Is that normal?

Nightingale: Now you're sleepy.

Johnny: Ah, I see. I guess I'll just…Wait a minute, I don't have a bed.

Sally: Don't worry, we've got spares.

They found Metal-2, er, Johnny, a bed and he fell asleep quickly in it. The time had actually grown somewhat late, so the others eventually caught some sleep as well. Back at Robotnik's base, the scientist was upset over the damage.

Robotnik: That was my latest invention, and it wasn't even the good guys who destroyed it!

Metal Sonic: Don't worry, boss, and look at the bright side: Metal Sonic 2 is gone.

Robotnik: You're right! That is good!

There was a scream from above them, and it was from someone falling. They looked up just in time to see Chaos splatter on top of Metal Sonic, knocking the robot down. Robotnik left them alone to fight again, tired of putting up with it. He went back inside to try and come up with another plan to take over the planet…

Please review, and don't forget to read the version of this story written by Scotty CF!