Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Case of the Golden EMERALD ❯ Casinopolis ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I awoke, the sun was flashing in my eyes. At first I had no memory of what happened. I had the biggest headache in history, I couldn't think strait at all. I couldn't even stand up, when I tried I would just fall back on my butt.
I sat there for what seemed like ages and tried to remember what happened. It eventually came to me in bits and pieces.
Shadow! This was his fault, he betrayed us!
I got so mad I forgot about my headache and ran over to a dumpster and pounded on it. Needless to say it won't be usable anymore.
When I finally calmed down I heard someone mumbling.
"You better give me back my chocolate muffin, or I'll shoot your ass!"
I looked over my shoulder to see Sonic laying there in the corner. I ran over and tried to shake him awake.
"Sonic, wake up!"
"No, it's my muffin! Give it back to me you bastard!"
I shook him again, this time harder.
"Wake up!"
"Shut up, muffin! I'm gonna eat you if you like it or not!"
If I shook him any harder I was going to give him Shaken-Hedgehog Syndrome. I finally stop shaking him and gave him a good smack in the face.
"What the Hell was that for!?"
"You needed to wake up!"
Sonic looked around, very confused about where we were.
"Umm, why are we in an ally?"
"We were trying to get the Emerald back from Jet and Storm, when Shadow showed up and used this strange gas to knock us out!"
"Shadow? No, it couldn't have been him!"
"It was, he helped them get the away Chaos Emerald! I don't think we should trust him anymore!"
"He had to have a good reason to do that!"
"What good reason can there be?"
Sonic thought for a moment.
"Beats me! But I know he's still on our side"
"You are too trusting, it's going to get you killed one day, almost did last night. Now let's get out of here, this place ain't too kosher"
"Amen to that, brother!"
We both got up and started to leave. Sonic stopped dead in his tracks, he had a look of pure terror on his face.
"What's wrong?"
"I-I forgot ab-out A-A-Amy! She's gonna be pissed!"
He turned around and ran towards the Emergency Exit of the Museum. I followed him (I wanted to see Amy's reaction when Sonic opened the closet door).
Just as I walked in the door, my radio started to beep. I picked it up and answered.
"Tails?"
"Knuckles, you're awake! That's great, where's Sonic?"
"Right here, Tails!" Sonic walked over to me.
"Well, it's good to see that you are both OK! Shadow came over here last night to apologize"
"He had better do more than that! We would have taken care of Jet and Storm once and for all if he didn't pull that stunt!"
"Actually, you would both be dead right now if either of you pulled the trigger,"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean there were snipers on the roof that would have blown your head's off if you shot Jet or Storm. So Shadow had to do something to stop you!"
"See, Knuckles? I told you he had a good reason!"
"Shut up, Sonic! He could have found a different way!"
"Shadow also gave me some information about an associate of the R. Gang"
"Go on, Tails"
"He said that she are preforming at the Casinopolis Night Club. Her stage name is Femme Fatale,"
"Hmm, I'll bet it's Wave"
I had to guess Wave, she was the only woman we know of that is in the Robotnic Gang. She was the fourth Under-boss and was the brains of the four. I never took her as much of a performer, though. And she was no "Femme Fatale either. I mean she wasn't bad looking, for a bird, but she wasn't smoking hot, either.
"OK, we'll check it out tonight. Are you coming?"
"Well, actually I've got a date with Cream tonight,"
Sonic and I looked at each other, snickering.
"Tails, you dog! Make sure you two don't have too much fun!"
"What kind of guy do you think I am? I wouldn't do that on the first date, I'm a Gentleman after all! I have to go, I need to decide what I'm going to wear"
"We gotta go too, Sonic needs to get Amy out of a closet"
"I'm not even going to ask"
"I think it's best that you don't, over and out!"
I turned the radio off and put it back in my pocket.
"OK, Sonic, time to free the beast! Haha"
Sonic slugged me in the shoulder.
"Shut up, I had to keep her safe somehow!"
"Yeah, try telling her that!"
We walked over to the janitor's closet.
It was hard not to notice all of the damage that Jet and Storm did to the place. There was debris everywhere, not to mention the missing wall.
"Are you ready for this?" I asked Sonic.
"As ready as I'll ever be,"
He slowely opened the door and looked inside.
"...Amy?"
I heard a couple of hard smacks then I saw Sonic fly backwards and fall on the floor.
"Sonic! Why would you leave me in that closet all night!? I had to sleep on the hard, cold ground with rats crawling all around! You don't treat me like a lady anymore! I have half a mind to leave you!"
Sonic got up and walked to her.
"Amy I-" He was interrupted by another smack to the face.
"I'm sorry for locking you in the closet, but it was safer in there then out here!"
"I don't want to listen to you anymore! You had better come up with a good way of making it up to me!"
"I will!"
"Well? Let's hear it!"
"Umm, how would you like to go to Casinopolis tonight?"
Great, he just invited her on another case. He sure puts her in danger alot.
"Really? Do you promise there won't be any interruptions?"
"Sure, I promise there will be no interruptions"
"Ok, but this is your last chance mister! I'm gonna go home and take a long, hot bath; That closet made me filthy! What time are you picking me up?"
"We'll drop by at 7:30, is that OK?"
"That's perfect! See you then," Amy ran off towards the front entrance.
"Well, that went better than I thought!"
"Sonic! You need to quit inviting her to places when we're on the lookout!"
"Don't worry, it won't be like last night... there isn't gonna be a heist. We're just gonna instigate that Femme Fatale chick"
We were walking out of the Museum when a legion of news reporters surrounded us.
"Detective Knuckles, why did you let the Robotnic Gang get away?"
"What? We didn't mean to-"
"Is it because you are getting too weak and gullible for this job?"
"What did you say!? I'm gonna-"
Sonic interrupted me.
"We have no comment, except that we do have a lead in the case, and we are going to investigate it tonight!" Sonic yelled. He then grabbed my hand and we darted off.
We were sprinting down the street, but the reporters didn't stop.

We finally made it to my apartment. I locked my door and collapsed on a chair.
"My freakin head! Damn news reporters!"
Sonic was looking out the window.
"They are just waiting out side! I wounder how long they are gonna stay out there?"
I picked up the remote and turned on the TV.
"We are outside Detective Sonic and Detective Knuckle's apartment building waiting for information about the recent theft of the Chaos Emerald. Apparently, it was the work of the infamous Robotnic Gang. Obviously the team of Detectives are losing their touch!"
I was so mad I couldn't see straight. Why were the reporters always on our ass about everything? I just hoped they didn't follow us to Casinopolis.

Luckily, they were all gone by 7:00. I was ready to get the night over with. I still had a pounding headache and just wanted to go to bed. But when duty calls I have to answer.
I looked through my closet for something to wear. It was Casinopolis, so I knew I didn't have to wear anything flashy. I picked out a pair of jeans that were ripped at the knee and a black tee-shirt.
Sonic walked into my apartment (the boy never knocks).
"Hey, do I look too thuggish?"
"Nah, you look fine! We have to hurry and get Amy of she'll have a cow!"
"Fine, let's head out,"
I walked over to my dresser and got an Aspirin and took it. God I wanted my headache to stop, and if we were late, Amy would make it worse.

We reached Amy's house at 7:34, hopefully she wouldn't be too mad. Sonic knocked on the door.
"Hold on, I'll be right out!" Amy yelled from the second floor.
"Dang, women take forever!" Sonic complained.
I was in total agreement. Since I've known Amy, she never has never ceased to take an hour and a half to get all of her clothes, makeup, and jewelry on.
Finally Amy opened the door, and Sonic's jaw dropped to the ground.
Amy did look very pretty that night. She was wearing the dress she wore to prom (I guess it was Sonic's favorite sine it showed her curves).
"How do I look, Sonic?"
"You are looking hot! But now I feel a little under dressed"
Sonic was wearing a wife beater and a pair of worn out jeans.
"I think it makes you look sexy, you can see all of your muscles!"
Sonic's cheeks turned bright red. I guess he gets embarrassed when Amy compliments him.
He gave her a quick kiss on the lips and we started walking. This was one of the times where I truly envied their relationship. I have never had the opportunity to get in a serious relationship. I mean sure, I dated in High school and College, but they were never serious. The girls were always fake and ditsy; and apparently all they wanted was to get in my pants! I prayed one day soon that would change, and I would find a girl that would love me, not lust after me. I needed someone to comfort when she was down, to take midnight walks on the beach with, to watch the sun set in Emerald Park, to snuggle next to close to the fire. Was that too hard to ask?

Casinopolis was a very bright and active part of Station Square. All of the neon lights and the excitement made you feel like a kid running around the fair.
Surprisingly, Casinopolis had the lowest crime-rate in the City. Apparently we had honest gamblers here.
We walked to the far end of Casinopolis to the Chaos Chao Night Club.
"Sonic, it's so beautiful here isn't it?"
Sonic stared into Amy's eyes with a passionate flame in his eyes.
"Yeah, sure is..."

The club was packed! I didn't know it could fit that many people. Luckily, Tails reserved a table for us before he went out with Cream. We actually got front row seats!
A very odd thing I noticed when walking up to our table, almost all the people here were men. Normally, the club was full of both men and women.
We sat at our table, we were so close to the stage that you could touch it.
While we sat down, there was a comedian just finishing his act.
"Well, thanks for having me here! I can see I did my job in putting half of the audience to sleep! Now, the next act is probably why most of you came out here tonight, let me introduce you to... Femme Fatale!"
The comedian went back stage and the curtain fell. Then this kind of exotic jazz music started playing. The people behind me were going extatic. The curtain started to rise. I soon realized why the crowd was getting so rowdy (and why most of them were men).
The curtain opened to reveal, not Wave, but a seductive Siren.
She was gorgeous! The woman dancing on that stage was a bat-girl with the perfect body and beautiful face. The purple dress she was wearing showed every curve of her body. I felt like a teenager who couldn't control his hormones. I could feel the drool drip down my face. What was worse for me was she started to sing. She really was a Siren, her voice was as beautiful as she was.
"Tap the rhythm against the floor, to look for another door"
She went over to the wall and slid down it.
"I am slipping, to the mysteries of the night!"
She then stepped off stage and started walking towards our table.
"I know there is an easy way, but it's my choice anyway! Don't let me waist my life in futile thinking anymore! Fated not to be tamed"
It was then when she bent down and got so close to me we almost kissed.
"Watch me I never will lean upon you"
Then she pushed away from me. I just sat there, frozen. I couldn't move my body at all.
"I can go, by my self, fly in the freedom"
Soon the words all jumbled together and all that existed in my mind was that bat-girl. I stared at her as she walked seductively back on stage. The curtain slowely fell and she disappeared. I still couldn't move, just the though of that bat girl sent shivers down my spine.
"Knuckles!" Sonic yelled, snapping his fingers.
"Huh? What?"
"Snap out of it, buddy! We need to go see if we can interrogate her!"
"Oh... right I forgot!"
The three of us got up from the table and quickly got outside.

"Ooohhh! Who does that girl think she is? That was totally inappropriate! Her dress was way too tight, her boobs were almost completely hanging out for peat's sake!"
"Calm down, Amy! She was just a performer,"
"Performer? Please, she was a hussy! I can't believe a woman would stoop so low as to wear something like that! You agree with me, right Knuckles?"
"Huh? Oh, right, sure Amy..."
"You alright, Knuckles?"
"Yeah, Sonic, I'm fine! It's just my headache is coming back.
I was of coarse lying through my teeth. I couldn't get that bat girl out of my head.

We walked pass an alley, and I heard some voices; both sounded familiar. I turned back and walked down the alley and hid behind a dumpster. It was exactly who I thought it was.
"Knuckles, what are you doing?" Sonic yelled.
"Sshh! Come here," I whispered.
He rolled his eyes as he and Amy went behind the dumpster too.

"I'm not one of those poor girls you scare into being one of your whores, Storm! Don't you dare disrespect me, you don't have any control over me!"
"Do you want me to hurt you? You never back talk me, little lady!"
It was Storm and that bat girl! He was harassing her; the one thing that pisses me off the most is when a girl is getting harassed.
Storm picked her up by the neck. I was so mad, I didn't realize what I was doing. I ran over to Storm and threw him on the ground. I guess I shouldn't have done that, because the bat girl fell too.
"What the hell is wrong with you? You have to scare women to get in the mood or something?!"
"Kn-Knuckles! How are you here? You're supposed to be dead, that gas was supposed to kill you!"
I grabbed him by the neck just like he did to her.
"Well, I'm not that easy to get rid of! Now get out of here and leave this girl alone!"
"Ha! Why don't you make me?"
He shouldn't have said that. I used full force and punched him square in the face. He flew back and hit his head on the brick wall. To my surprise, he got up.
He lunged towards me and tackled me to the ground. My adrenalin was so high I didn't feel the impact, I just kicked him off of me and jumped on top of him.
I just kept punching his face until I heard Amy.
"Knuckles, stop! You're scaring me!"
I stopped bashing Storm's head in and saw Amy hiding her face in Sonic's chest.
I got up and apologized to Amy, then picked Storm up by the neck again.
"Now, you had better start treating women a little better, or next time I'll completely rearrange your face!"
I threw him and he hit the wall again.
He slowly got up and walked down the alley.
"You'll pay for this, I promise you that!"
I walked over to the bat girl and held out my hand to help her up.
She smacked my hand an got up herself.
"I didn't asked for your help, nor did I need it!"
"I'm sorry, lady, it's just that-"
"It's just that you thought I was one of those women who would fall in your arm an call you my hero! I'm not that easy, bub!"
"It's not like that at all!"
"Don't you lie to me! All you men are the same!"
She started walking down the alleyway.
I felt like scum, I got yelled at by the girl that I saved. Talk about humiliation! I walked back towards Amy and Sonic.
"Knuckles?"
"I don't want to talk, Sonic. I'm going home, you and Amy have fun for the rest of the night. I'm going to take a long, hot shower and going to bed,"
Sonic looked at me with great concern, but at the moment I didn't care. I just walked passed them and headed home.

When I got to my apartment I slammed the door. I was so mad and confused that tears started pouring down my face. I really didn't know the exact reason why I was mad or crying. Perhaps it was the beautiful girl I saved bitched me out, that had to be it. I went in the bathroom, got undressed, and got in the shower. I guess Storm messed me up a little bit. There were scrapes on my elbows and knees. I could also feel some scratches on my face.

I stood there in the shower, letting the hot water fall on my aching body. Maybe it would warm up my heart, too...