Sonic X Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Nineth Digidestined ❯ Enter BlackGatomon! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Here's chapter 2, hope u enjoy it.
I do not own Digimon or Sonic! Digimon belongs to Akiyoshi Hongo and Bandai, and Sonic X is owned by Sega/Sonic Team.
Chapter 2: Enter BlackGatomon
“Yes…he is a Digidestined.” Gennai stated as Chris and his friends were examining the strange device that he held in his hand.
“Well, if he’s a Digidestined, then where is his Digimon?” Gomamon asked, getting everybody’s attention back.
“I was getting to that.” Gennai looked around. “Hmm…where did the little guy get to anyway? Well, I’m sure he’ll turn up soon, I will leave the rest to you kids. I’m baking cookies and I don’t want them getting burnt. See ya.” And with that he was gone.
Before anyone could say anything, a black silhouette dashed past Chris and took off into the forest lining the shore.
“Ah, what was that?” Chris exclaimed. He looked down at his hand. “Oh, my Digivice and crest are gone!”
“WHAT?!”
“That thing probably took it!” Chris said.
“Well, we can’t just stand here and let it get away!” Said Matt.
“Right, I’ll go after it!” Sonic said before dashing off into the woods, which surprised the other Digidestined.
“Whoa, he’s fast!” Tai exclaimed.
“That’s Sonic for ya.” Tails said to him.
“Are we gonna follow him, or not?” Knuckles said.
Everyone rushed into the forest and found the blue hedgehog looking around for the culprit.
“Hey, Sonic did ya catch ‘em?” Chris asked.
“I lost him.” He said as he continued to around the forest. “But I won’t give up!”
“Hey, I think I saw something moving in the trees up there!” Gatomon pointed her gloved paw up towards a random tree nearby.
“Agumon, shoot a Pepper Breath at that tree!” Tai said.
“Got it,” Agumon turned toward the tree. “Pepper Breath!” A ball of fire hit at tree branch, causing it to break.
“Ouch!” Something else fell out of the tree.
“What's that?" Chris asked.
"It's looks just like Gatomon, except it's black." Kari stated.
Izzy opened up the Digimon Analyzer on his laptop, everyone turned their attention to the computer, "That's BlackGatomon, a Champion level Digimon. Unlike the Gatomon we know, this one is a virus type. And her attacks are Lightning Kick and Lightning Scratch."
Chris took another look Gatomon's black doppleganger, and noticed something in her hands. "Hey, she has my Digivice and crest, and she's getting away!"
Everyone looked up, but before BlackGatomon left their sights...
"Oh, no you don't!! Vee Head-butt!!" Before she could react, something came out of the bushes and rammed right into her knocking Chris' Digivice and Crest out of her hands. The other Digimon picked them up.
"I'll be back!! The Overlord shall rule the Digital World!" said BlackGatomon as she disappeared into the forest.
The other Digimon walked over to Chris and handed them to him. "Looking for these?" he said to him. "Sorry, to keep ya waiting, Chris!"
Chris smiled and took them. "Thanks, but how do you know my name...wait are you my Digimon?"
"So, I was told." Said the Digimon, with a big smile on his face.
"That's Veemon, a Rookie level Dragon Digimon and a Data type. He's loves adventure, and can be quite arrogant sometimes. But, most Veemon are blue, this is more of a Teal color." Agumon explained. (A/N: this a totally different Veemon, btw, just thought I'd point that out.)
Everyone, especially Chris stared at him in awe. "Wow, my very own Digimon."
"He kinda reminds me of myself." Sonic commented.
Later that night, everyone went back to the shore and set up camp. Joe, Gomamon, and Sonic went fishing, while Tai, Agumon, and Knuckles went to go get some fire wood.
Sonic and Joe were sitting on the edge of the shore with their self-made fishing poles, waiting for something to bite. "Man, how long is this going to take?" Sonic whine to no one in particular.
"It takes time, just be patient." Joe told him.
"I got one!" Gomamon resurfaced with a large fish in his mouth. He crawled onto shore and put it on a pile of leaves.
Just as Sonic was about to say something, he felt something tug on his line. "Hey, I think I got something!" Sonic got up to reel the fish in, but the fish tugged too hard, causing the hedgehog to go flying into the water. Sonic resurfaced. "Help, I can't swim, somebody get me outta here!"
"I'll get him." Gomamon said as he dove back into the lake. Moments later he came back up with Sonic draped over his back. He swam back to shore.
Sonic spit lake water out of his mouth, "I hate water."
"Wow, you're afraid of the water? And here I thought you were supposed to be some sort of super hero." Gomamon commented.
"I'm not afraid...I-I just don't like to get wet, yeah, that's it!"
"Suuure, and you were out there screaming for help because it's fun, right?" Gomamon said sarcastically.
Sonic just pouted. "Hmph!"
"Gomamon, do you have to be such a smart-alic." Joe told his partner as they continued fishing.
Meanwhile, Tai, Agumon, and Knuckles returned to the campsite with the fire wood. Knuckles put the logs down, and Agumon ingnited the logs with his Pepper Breath. "Good work, guys." Tai said.
Tails and Izzy were talking about computer stuff, and TK and Kari and their Digimon were talking about that BlackGatomon they saw earlier.
After a while, Joe, Sonic, and Gomamon returned with the fish. They stuck sticks in them and planted them by the fire to cook them.
"What'd you do, decide go on a swimming break?" Knuckles asked Sonic with a smirk on his face.
"No, he fell in and I had to save him." Gomamon replied.
Knuckles just laughed.
"Can we drop the subject already!" Sonic said finally.
"Well, it's the truth." Gomamon said.
"Well, you don't hafta keep bringing it up!"
"You wanna fight about it?!" Gomamon said as his ears perked up.
"With my speed, I win anyway!"
"Not if I push you back into the water first!!"
"Would you two stop it, you're giving me a headache!" Joe shouted, and they finally shut up.
"Water chicken.." Gomamon mumbled under his breath and Knuckles happened to hear what he said.
Gomamona and Knuckles slapped hands. "Good one."
Sonic just stood there and pouted and Joe just sighed.
"Maybe once we've had a bite to eat, then everyone won't be so cranky." Mimi said.
With that, everyone sat down by the campfire and ate their fish.
"Hey, Chris do happen to remember anything that happened in your lifetime? I mean, we became Digidsetined because we all saw a battle between two Digimon four years ago, did you ever see anything like that in your world?" Tai asked him.
"Well," Chris thought for a second. "I think I do remember something. When I was a little kid, my mom took me to work with her, she's a famous actress-"
"Wow, your mom's an actress, how cool!" Mimi exclaimed.
"Mimi!" Palmon said.
"Sorry!"
"Uh, yeah, anyway, she took me to work with her and she was filming a set in the city. While I was watching, I noticed something moving in the distance. It looked like some sort of big, fiery, bird monster flying around, but it seemed like it was flickering in and out, like a TV that has bad reception. But that's all I really remember."
"Wait you said fiery bird? That must've been a Birdramon!" Sora said.
"Birdramon?" Chris repeated.
"Yeah, that's my Champion form." Biyomon added.
Izzy opened his computer and pulled up Birdramon on the analyzer, "Is this what you saw?" he turned the computer toward Chris, Sonic and the others looked over his shoulder.
"Yeah, that's exactly what I saw! So, then it must have been a Digimon."
"So, you guys have other forms?" Amy asked Biyomon.
"Uh-huh, it's called Digivolving, it's when we evolve from one form to the next. But we can only do it if we've had enough to eat, or if our Digidestined partner is in trouble."
"Digivolving, huh?" Chris said, he turned to Veemon, who was sitting next to him eating his fish. "What will you Digivolve into, do you know?"
Veemon looked up at Chris, mouth still full of fish. He swallowed, "Hmmm, I'm not really sure yet."
"It isn't stated in his stats." Izzy said looking up from his computer.
"I guess we'll find out sooner or later." Veemon said as he took another bite of his fish.
"So, where did you guys come from anyway?" TK asked their new friends.
"Well, Sonic, Knuckles, Amy, and I are from a place called Mobius. We were in the middle of fighting Dr. Eggman, an evil, so-called genius that wants to take over our world. He'd taken the Chaos Emeralds and kidnapped one of our other friends, Cream, and Sonic went inside Eggman's base to rescue her and get the Emeralds back.. Knuckles, Amy, and I were outside when we noticed a dome of light coming from the base. The Chaos Emerald's that Eggman had must have somehow caused Chaos Control, which causes a warp through time and space; and it transported us to Chris' world. Chris and his family helped us by letting us stay with them, they even helped us find the Chaos Emeralds so we could use them to get back home."
"My Grandfather Chuck helped Tails build a portal and they used the Chaos Emeralds to power it up." Chris added.
"And when we stepped through the portal, we somehow ended up here." Knuckles finished.
"Did that Eggman guy get transported to Chris' world, too?" Tai asked.
"Yeah, he was also looking for the Chaos Emeralds, but he had different plans. He wanted to use them to take over Chris' world." Amy Rose replied.
"And that coward always used his robots to prevent us from getting them, but we always came out on top in the end." Knuckles added.
"Wow, you guys had to fight evil robots, that's so cool!!" TK commented.
"Yeah!" Kari said, holding Gatomon in her lap.
"Hey, what about that BlackGatomon we ran into earlier?" Patamon said as he sat on TK's head.
"Oh, yeah! I nearly forgot about that!" Chris said. "I wonder what she wanted with my Digivice?"
"Well, Gennai mentioned something about a new enemy in the DigiWorld, you think maybe she was one of his flunkies?" Agumon said.
"It's possible." Gabumon replied.
Mimi yawned, "Ooh, I'm getting tired!"
"Yeah, maybe we should call it a night." said Matt.
"We'll discuss more of this tomorrow." Tails suggested as everyone nodded.
Sonic leaped up to a nearby tree and went to sleep, and everyone found a spot and drifted off to dreamland.
End chappie 2! :)
Thanks for reading and plz R&R! cya next chapter! ;p