Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Inside The Chaos ❯ Found At Last: The Power Of Chaos ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
awoke to the hard cold metal floor of the cell against his face and sore body. His head ached and was reeling from the testing/torture from his captors. He grunted as he pushed himself up from the floor to a sitting position and rubbed his temple with his fingers. He looked down his arms at the patches of missing fur and charred skin that was flaking off onto the floor.

---------------- flash back
Shadow was sitting his cell meditating trying to grasp the power and energy in his body that his creator told him briefly about.

“Shadow my son come with me to my office, there is a thing we must discuss.”

“Yes Professor.” Shadow nodded and followed Gerald down the corridor.

The two reached a door and Gerald swiftly typed a 9 digit code onto the key pad next to the door. The lock slid out of place and the door opened with a small whoosh. Gerald motioned Shadow to sit and then sat himself looking into the pristine red eyes of the hedgehog.

“Shadow,” he paused to gain Shadow’s full attention “you have come of the age were you can begin to learn a new skill.” Gerald put his hands together and rested them on the table leaning forward slightly.

“It’s a type of energy unlike anything else you will ever know, its called chaos energy.”

“What is chaos energy Professor?” Shadow asked.

“chaos energy is a very powerful force unmatched by anything mankind has made. Do you remember that emerald I gave you a year ago for your birthday?”

“Yes, I have it on me right now as a matter of fact.” Shadow pulled the jewel out from behind his back and set it gently on the desk before Gerald.

Every bit of light reflected off the jewel casting a beautiful shine around its hypnotizing green color.

“There is a power that lies with in the emerald that you can tap into because you are partly made from chaos energy yourself. There for you have the ability to harness and control it.” Gerald leaned back in his chair and put his hands in his lap.

“How do I control it Professor?” Shadow looked egarly into Gerald’s dulling grey eyes.

“With a lot of practice. You have not been able to ‘feel’ the emeralds power because you have not grasped your own chaos energy that flows through your body.” Shadow nodded.

“Well can you teach me to unlock this power?” shadow asked. Gerald shook his head with a frown on his face.

“Sorry Shadow I cannot because I’m not a creature of chaos energy.” Shadow looked disappointed.

“But, if it is like and other energy that is found in life it can be brought out by meditation.”

Shadow had always meditated to clear his mind, relax his body or to concentrate. On a few occasions while deep in mediation where all there seemed to be was a comforting void of blackness a small spark of intense power would surface. Shadow would try and grasp the new energy but it would slip past and vanish making him loose his concentration on mediating and the feeling of the void.

Shadow kept the experiences to himself and even now he did not mention it Gerald. He was sure that spark was chaos energy.

----------------- end flash back

Shadow stood slowly and limped to his cot on the floor, it was nothing more than some blankets and a old spring mattress pushed up in the corner of the cell. He sat cross legged, back strait, ears forward and muscles relaxed and let the embrace of the void feeling sweep over him taking with it the pain from his body and mind.

After several minutes of being in the void there was a intense energy that burst into existence with in himself, chaos energy.

Shadow slowly reached out toward the chaos energy. He curled his fingers around it, it started to slip through his fingers he gripped it tighter holding it firmly but gently. He felt a wave of warmth rush over his body alleviating all his aches and pain from those humans. Then the hot need to end these humans that caused him this pain, the humans that killed his best friend Maria.

Shadow opened his eyes when he felt his skin crawling. He looked down at his arms the burnt skin was flaking away and underneath it was new skin were new soft fur grew. Old scars from previous test disappeared. He smiled at there not being any pain anywhere in his body.

Shadows ear pivoted to the direction of the steel door beyond his cell he could hear footsteps of several men. The door slid open seven fully armed guards strode into the room. They were all very large men with muscular builds one could easily take down a dozen normal men without even breaking a sweat. Then there was the fact that each carried a battle rifle and pistol and a Sykes combat knife and a few grenades.

“Hey hedgehog time for your afternoon testing. I heard it going to be extra painful today after that little fight.” The large man sneered

Shadow turned his head away from the man waiting for the sedative. The leader of the group loaded a pistol with the dart and aimed it at Shadow head. It fire and landed in one of his quills quickly injecting the green liquid into the hedgehog.

Shadow sat there waiting for the sedative to take effect, it could take him down in a mere minute, but nothing was happening. He looked to the men waiting for him to drop they looked at him questioningly wondering why he wasn’t down yet. Shadow realized this was his chance to escape from this metal hell hole.

Shadow faked passing out and slumped to the floor with a grunt. The men moved into the cage and picked him up and moved toward the testing area. Shadows mind was racing at what to do to escape.

-------------------flash back

Shadow was sitting in a chair next to Maria both were watching the news from the planet miles below them. A war was breaking out in a third world country over water and food and the desire for freedom. Thousands had died and even more were to die, gore covered bodies littered the street, a child was heard crying and in the distance gun fire could be heard.

“Maria, why do people do such horrible things to each other?” Shadow looked a little upset from the video footage.

Maria sighed “Sometimes people kill and fight each other to be free and for what is right. But then there are those who fight to keep people under their control. But no matter what side they are on they believe they are in the right even if it wrong to everyone else in the world.” Maria looked over to Shadow and gave his shoulder a small squeeze of reassurance. Shadow nodded his understanding.

“Shadow promise me you will always fight for what you believe is right.” Maria said he voice quivering.

“ I promise.”

--------------------- end flash back

Shadow continued to hang limply in the large men’s grip still trying to get a grip on himself and make a plan. He skimmed though his memory of everything he had seen in the base and the habits of those he saw around him often. Then it hit him and he had his mind set.

The men took him into a room with a pair of glossy metal hand and ankle cuffs. The hand cuffs hung from a chain attached to the ceiling and the ankle cuffs the same but anchored to the floor. The men closed the cuffs around his wrist and ankles then all but the biggest man of the group left the room. Shadow kept his eyes closed listing closely to where the people in the room where located.

“Shadow wake up!” came the shout from a man even bigger than the guard standing in the room. He had thick dark brown hair and eyes just as dark, he was well muscled and quit scary to look at.

Shadow opened his eyes and looked at the man but kept silent. The man swung and struck Shadow hard in the jaw splitting his lip wide open. Blood quickly tricked down his front reddening his white chest fur.

“ Well aren’t you in a fine and dandy mood. Learned from last time that fighting is pointless and that it only brings on more pain.” the man sneered and bring his face close to shadows.

“I learned my lesson John I mean Sir.” Shadow quickly corrected but he knew it was to late and it would cost him dearly. “Please don’t hurt me.” Shadow said even though it would get him no quarter from this insane man.

“You know I don’t think you did learn, so today will be a continuation of yesterdays punishment, you will be broken.”

Shadow feared the normal pain, now he was even more fearful of the pain when he saw him turn a knob on the consol to ‘high’, Shadow began to shake and brace himself for what was to surely come. The man grinned and pulled a metal rod with a rubber handle out of a sheath. A thin silver wire ran out the bottom of the wicked devise to the consol.

The man jabbed Shadow right in the side with the silver rod. Instantly Shadow’s world started spinning with the agonizing pain that swept over his body faster than lighting. He could feel each cell in his body on the verge of exploding from pain. He let out a primal scream of pain sending a chill up the guard’s spine.

John pulled the rod from Shadow’s side and was about to drive is back in to the hedgehogs hide when the door slid open and at the thresh hold was a white an red wolf. She strode into the room with a unreadable expression on her face. She went u to john and backhanded him as if he were a pathetic woman. John dropped the rob to the floor to reach to his face were he had been hit, she caught his wrist before it could even move to his face. She twisted his hand to the side and brought john to his knees begging for her to let go.

“What do you think you are doing?” she asked calmly in a unnerving tone. John began to tremble and cower.
“Noth…noth…” john stuttered out before she jerked his wrist even farther in an unnatural position.

“Did I stutter? I asked you a question now answer it! What do you think you were doing.” he tone of voice could have made death back away quickly.

“Nothing, we were just having a talk that’s all.”

She twisted and in one swift movement had thrown him over her shoulder and across the room were he landed with the sickening thunk of skull meeting metal. He laid there gasping, his eyes darted to her then to Shadow then back to her. She walked up beside him and put her boot on his neck and put her lips close to his ear.

“You ever step out of line like that again and I will kill you. But not before I take you with my power.” she breathed into his ear.

The look of near death swept over the mans face when he heard her say that last sentence.
She took her foot from his neck and retrieved the rod from the floor.

“You two leave me now.” she ordered, Both left without a word leaving Shadow alone and defenseless with this mad wolf.

She was beautiful, the most beautiful thing Shadow had ever laid eyes on. She had flawless silvery white fur with crimson high lights on the tip of her tail and ears and also around her eyes like Shadow did around his eyes. She wore whit gloves with a red ribbon tied around the cuff. Her boots were grey and black with a gold and red trim around the top of the boot. She also had a red scarf around her neck but it did not hang. And on top of the scarf was a collar and set in it was black diamonds. And topping off her whole appearance was a black piece of cloth tied around her left ear.

Shadow was memorized by her striking beauty. Looking at her mad him forget all of the pain in his side and lip. He felt safe and comforted by the act she had done by beating John.

“What’s your name hedgehog?” she asked while putting a hand on her hip and looking him strait in the eyes. Her eyes were a perfect crimson. Shadow could not bring himself to answer by her distracting figure and eyes. He snapped back to reality when the repeated the question this time with less niceness in her tone.

“My name is Shadow.”

“Hmm… suiting, it matches your color. My name is Sin.” she brought the silver rod to his nose. “ I will be the one who breaks you.”

Shadow felt the horror creep into his bones.