Sonic X Fan Fiction ❯ Inside The Chaos ❯ Chaos Drainage Theory ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: The Chaos Drainage Theory
A small grin crept across Sin’s face as she moved closer bring the rod down to his side were John had jabbed him. She ever so slowly brushed the rod across the already burnt flesh bring all the pain back but even more intense this time around. Shadow screamed even louder than before. Blood oozed from the reopened wound.
Sin shivered in pleasure from hearing his cry of pain. She then moved behind him and placed the rod to the back of his head and twisted it. Shadow thought for a moment he had died and that sweet death would take him away. Then the full fire of the pain races through his nerves, blood, muscles and brain. Shadow tried to scream for mercy but his lungs could not draw breath and burned for air.
It felt like she had been holding the rod to his head for several eternities. Maria flashed into his mind, her soft golden hair those whimsical blue eyes her sweet voice of reassurance rang out.
“Shadow promise me you will always fight for what you believe is right.”
Shadow the caring respectful hedgehog he had been all his life suddenly did not exists in this world. Shadow partitioned off the caring gentle side of mind, character and beliefs to the abyss. Now having free rein the killer in side surged forward with need to be free.
“I promise I will fight!” Shadow screamed. Sin pulled back the rod in shock.
Chaos energy erupted into his body taking with it the pain, coming full force with his anger and hatred and repressed memories. A golden glow around his body shattered his bindings, he fell to the floor. Shadow turned on Sin in a blood lust. Sin dropped the rod and took up a fighting stance she felt the chaos energy pulsing though Shadow it was alarming at how strong it was.
Shadow advanced reaching out for her, his eyes glazed over by the chaos energy flowing through him. Sin grabbed for his wrist but Shadow intercepted it and gave it a violent twist bringing her to her knees she grinned while pleasure flickered across her eyes.
Shadow spun around bringing the heel of his right foot to the side of her head. Sin went down in a heap on the floor. Shadow smashed through the thick glass escaping into the base. Shadow ran as fast as he could, his eyes sill glazed over in the power he turned a corner.
Sin’s voice rang out over the intercom in the base directing all guards to leave him be and to let her deal with him. Shadow was too lost in rage to hear her orders. Up ahead Shadow noticed the final obstacle a solid steel door. Shadow quickly rolled into a ball gaining even more speed and slammed right through the door shattering it as if it were glass.
He uncurled and landed on the ground with a small thud. He looked around seeing that no one was following him and that the alarms were turned off. He turned and took off into the jungle.
Shadow ran for hours going into the deepest and most secluded part of the jungle. The adrenaline surge from the chaos energy had worn off shortly after smashing the door. Shadow slowed to a walk for the first time in 1 year he felt grass between his toes. His gloves and shoe were confiscated upon arrival to the island as was his chaos emerald, he had no idea were they would be in the base or even if they were still there.
Shadow came upon a cave with a tangle of vines and other plants at the mouth of the cave. Shadow decided to hold up here. His mind was racing he had escaped from the base because he had unlocked part of the chaos power with in himself and just happened to unleash it unintentionally and take down the silver wolf. Shadow felt weak from being tortured and the 4 hour run into the dark jungle. He laid down on the rock floor of the cave, it was the most comfortable thing he had slept on in a year.
---------in the base
“Sin what the hell happened down there?” asked John being sure not to piss of the formidable wolf.
“He caught me off guard that’s all, it won’t happen again.” she said calmly.
“Well now we have to go find him” John looked irritated
“What part of ‘I will deal with him myself’ did not register in that little human brain of yours?” she said getting more irritated and poking a finger to John’s forehead.
“Ok, ok. So then how you plan to deal with him?” he looked off toward the security monitors.
“None of your business” she said over her shoulder as she left the room.
-------
Shadow’s fur rose up on end his ears swiveled to the front of the cave listing intently for the slightest foreign sound. Sin walked right into the cave but did not look angry or make any aggressive body language to him.
“Leave me alone!” Shadow shouted out into the darkness, he knew it was her he could sense her and see the shine from her red eyes.
“Calm down I’m not here to hurt you or take you back to the base.” Sin said sincerely taking a few steps toward Shadow.
“I know you are a creature of chaos energy.” she said casting a sidelong glace to him.
Shadow was caught off guard by this statement.
“I to am a creature of chaos we are very much alike.” Sin moved a little closer. “When did you discover your power?”
“Today.” Shadow eyed her suspiciously still keeping his distance.
“I want to teach you how to use your power.” Sin looked him strait in the eyes, closed the distance between them bringing her just a few feet away from him.
Shadow was taken aback
“How old are you?” she asked as she looked him up and down.
“Seven” he was still ready to fight or flee should she turn aggressive towards him.
“Perfect, I can begin training you then.”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. You expect me to trust you just like that after you tried to kill me with that rod. I don’t think so.” Shadow backed away a few steps.
“Yes I do, you know why? Because I’m the only one who can teach you to control, harness and unleash your incredible power. We are a dying breed Shadow the old ways are dying out to. You must learn how to control this or it may very well kill you its self. Now sit” she pointed to the floor.
Shadow sat and watched her sit in front of him. For some reason he believed her and trusted her even after the torture.
“I had suspicions that you had chaos energy in you by how fast you healed and by what my senses picked up. I confirmed it after that little break out. Iv never felt such a strong presence of chaos energy in my whole life.” she smiled
“Do you know why I tortured you Shadow?” she looked down making circles in the dirt with her finger.
“Because you just like to see me writhe in agony.” he stated harshly
“No, I was trying to confirm my suspicion of your power, so I pushed you to the edge of your mind and made you react. That wasn’t you reacting when you escaped that was the chaos energy in you or in simple terms your instinct.” she continued to avoid his eyes, Shadow went back to the original subject.
“Seeing as how you asked my age, what’s yours?” Shadow asked.
“Im 779 years old.” she stated proudly
Shadow choked on air and saliva.
“What! That’s impossible, it can’t be true!” Shadow exclaimed in shock, she continued to smile.
“Its true, the only reason I am as old as I am is because of the chaos energy in my body and my mastery of it. You interested in listing to me now?” she gave a flirtatious smile
“You said you have mastery of chaos energy, show me something.” said Shadow
“ok, Im tired of this dark cave anyways, I like to see who im speaking to.” Sin sat up strait
She held her right palm up and a spark of red light danced on her palm illuminating the whole cave in a eerie red glow. Shadow stared in awe he eyes sparkling. There was a log to Sin’s right about 50 feet away. She swung her hand in the direction of the log and the ball of crimson light streaked toward it upon contact it caught fire making a flickering glow in the cave. She gave a small smile and raised an eye brow.
“Impressed? That’s nothing in comparison to what I can teach you to do. You will even be stronger than me. I can tell just by the chaos energy radiating off you.” she said and relaxed into a more comfortable position laying on her left side and swishing her long tail.
“We will start with the very beginning of chaos energy in this world. Thousands of years ago there was a dimensional rift between this world and another by the name of Mobilus. From that world came the 7 chaos emeralds and the master emerald and a few of the inhabitants that induced chaos control. When I say creatures I mean you me and any other life form like us that has chaos energy in them. Humans can not have chaos energy in their body, it is fatal to them, be sure to remember that when ever you fight a human, even a low does of chaos energy can kill them.” Shadow nodded his understanding.
“So that’s what you meant when you said to John ‘Don’t make me use my power on you’” Shadow questioned.
“Yes, humans fear chaos energy, yet they try to control it and use it to there own will. No human has ever been able to control chaos energy.” she scratched at her ear for a moment.
“My creator did.” Shadow said
“What! No, humans cannot use chaos energy.”
“Professor Gerald Robotnik created me and genetically modified me to be a weapon but I was never able to learn because these humans here on the planet killed him there fore I was never able to learn how to control let alone unlock my power.” Shadow looked down. Sin looked confused but shook her head.
“As I was saying chaos energy has been on the planet for thousands of years. The original chaos creatures where animals like us, they also had advance language and cultures. The predominant chaos races were echidnas, foxes, wolves, birds, then hedgehogs. Theses were known as the pure bloods. Later mutations began to happen in the pure bloods and they began to die off. Today no pure bloods remain alive, the last pure blood died 400 years ago, she was a good friend of mine and taught me all I know.”
“Now there is another race known as half bloods, they get this name because they are not related to the pure bloods but they share the trait that all the pure bloods had, chaos energy. Genetically they are not related. Half bloods are born from a regular animal who has been exposed to a high does of chaos energy causing a mutation in the embryo. For example me.” Sin sat up pulling her knees to her chest and wrapping her arms around them.
“My mother was an alaskan timber wolf, she was the leader of the pack. Some time in her pregnancy with me she was exposed to chaos energy meaning a chaos emerald. I was the only one in the litter of 6 to have been mutated, the other wolf mothers had no mutations, the mutation ratio to normal is very small. I was just like all my litter mates other than the crimson markings on my body.”
“When I was 6 months old humans came to the reserve to do a wildlife count and discovered me, they took me away from my pack and put me in captivity to study me, little did they know I was studying them. I learned their language by observing them and interacting with them. I was smarter than my predecessors and could do everything a human could do and more. I found out about my power by accident and just in time to or it would have killed me. Your lucky you unlocked your power when you did, you where getting close to the time when the power would have killed you.” Sin said swishing her tail back and forth in a irritated manner from the memories.
“Now here is some important things to know being a creature of chaos. Both pure and half bloods have chaos energy and both need it to survive pure bloods more so than half’s” Shadow shifted and twitched his ear. “Pure bloods have more energy than half bloods meaning they have a longer life span of about 1,200 years and half bloods about 1,000 years. Chaos energy make you nearly immortal you can survive almost any kind of wound except for decapitation, being torn apart completely and being shot in the heart and head and anything that severe. Other than that no natural disease can kill you, you can sustain incredible damage that would kill anything else in mere minutes and you don’t age. But there is one thing that all creatures of chaos are susceptible to and that is chaos drainage also known as the Chaos Drainage Theory.”
“The theory is that all creatures of chaos have a max amount of chaos energy within their bodies own limits. Exceeding these limits can not cause to much harm if the power has been unlocked, like what you did. If the power is not unlocked in time then the amount of energy will build up so much that it will just fry/destroy the creature, but when you unlock it the chaos energy levels out to the maximum level that the body is able to hold and control, no two creatures can hold the same amount energy in their body.” she shifted her position again and swished her tail to the left, the tip of her tail kept twitching.
“Now here is the problem that all pure bloods have. Pure bloods cant live with out chaos energy they depend on it. When a pure blood uses their power a little bit of energy is used, no problem the body naturally replenishes it. But its when so much of the energy is used and not given the time to replenish is when a pure blood experiences chaos drainage, its usually fatal. But pure bloods are not defenseless against this, to counter this they have a huge amount of energy nearly 3 times more than a half blood.”
“Half bloods on the other hand do not need to have chaos energy in them to live, because they are only half chaos energy and therefore can function without it.” Sin paused looking into Shadow’s eyes seeing the fire dancing in his soul. “You are a pure blood.”
Shadow put his hands to his head and laid down muttering and mulling over all the info he had just heard. His stomach growled bringing to his mind the fact he hadn’t eaten in 4 days because the guards thought it funny. Shadow’s anger flared at the thought of them and wanting to hurt them. Sin interrupted his thoughts.
“I’ll go grab you something to eat stay here.” she stood up and started walking towards the mouth of the cave.
“Sin, I don’t want to go back to that cage.” he looked sad at the thought of going back.
“Don’t worry I wont let them lock you up in a cage again, and with my high authority they will do as I say for the most part. I’ll be back shortly don’t get in trouble.” she smiled to him a special smile one of understanding and of hope, she left the cave.
Shadow sat there still thinking of the things she had said, she seemed to know everything then again she was over 700 years old. Shadow looked over to the log that was burned down to soft glowing embers, he decided to gather up some more wood since he planed on staying the night in the cave and it would get cold later in the night.
Shadow left the cave and walked among the giant trees that shaded the path. He breathed in the fresh high oxygen filled air. He continued down the wide path till he came to a huge tree, it towered above all the others in the area, the perfect vantage point. Shadow dug I his claws into the hard wood and climbed it with little challenge. Reaching the top of the tree his eyes took in the wonderus view of the setting sun in the distance and the golden red ocean that stretched out to the horizon in all directions.
He felt the approaching presence of Sin, he knew she would find him up in the tree no problem. Sure enough a few minutes later he heard her leaping from branch to branch to his perch.
“Brought you real food. How does steak and rolls sound, im afraid I don’t know what hedgehogs eat so I hope this will do.” she handed Shadow the Tupper Wear container with the hot steak and buttered rolls in it.
Shadow was already drooling and peeling off the top to the container while she handed it to him. He grabbed the steak and began tearing at it with his canines.
“Hmm… guess hedgehog do like meat.” she said lazily
Pulling her knees to her chest and rested her chin on them looking out into the sun set and listing to Shadow tearing at the meat. Shadow finished eating the steak and downed the 2 rolls in a few bites.
“Thank you Sin for the food its been 4 days since iv eaten a thing.” Shadow managed a weak smile.
“No problem, its getting dark I need to get back to the base and do some things before I go to bed.” she started to climb down the tree hopping from branch to branch.
Shadow followed he but instead of hopping down he dug in his claws to the wood and slid down letting the friction sharpen his black claws to razor sharp points. The two walked back in silence Shadow picked up a few pieces of wood on the way back to the cave. Shadow parted the vine covered entrance and laid the wood down in a T-pee fashion. She was standing next to him watching.
“Can you teach me how to light the wood the way you did earlier right now?” he stood and looked to her for an answer.
“Yeah, its quite easy really. Hold out your right hand palm up.” Sin demonstrated, Shadow copied. “Now focus on making the energy go to your hand, feel it going to your hand.”
A crimson spark flickered over Sin’s hand. Shadow was focusing and then above his palm was a gold spark. He grinned and swung his hand out in the fashion he had seen her do, the spark caught the wood on fire, Shadow beamed. Sin closed her hand extinguishing her spark.
“Very good you learn fast, it took me a week to get the hang of that. Good job Shadow. Now I must be off I will see you tomorrow and we will work on basic attack and defense with chaos energy. Good night Shadow” she turned and left the cave.
Shadow watched her leave seeing the last bit of her tail disappear behind the veil of vines. Shadow continued for a few hours making the gold spark dance on his hand then extinguishing it then making again till late into the night before finally curling up into a ball and letting sleep sweep him away.
-------in the base
Sin stepped into the conference room and looked to John who was sitting across from her at the far end of the table. She plopped down putting her boots up on the table and leaned back for a moment before speaking.
“He is a pure blood, the first born in 1,000 years, his chaos energy is the most powerful thing I have ever felt, it was almost intimidating being in his presence knowing what he one day will be capable of.” Sin looked up to John.
“How do you know he is a pure blood?” John inquired
“I taught him a simple technique, making a spark over his palm to make a fire. My spark is red meaning I have the tainted power of a half blood, his spark was an intense gold meaning 1 he is a pure blood and 2 he has incredible power he cant even fathom.” Sin sat up taking her feet from the table.
“Sounds to me the GUN military has a new weapon. Are you going to train him?” John asked as he leaned forward hands clasped on the table.
“Yes, I will train him. It would mean death for everything on the planet if I did not. He is the key to defeating Sentrosi.”