Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Choices of Love ❯ Fairytales for Teenage girls ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer Notice) I do not own Spirited Away, or its characters. Hayoa Miyazaki does. Characters and their names have been used in my story. If I did own Spirited Away, I would be the happiest person on Earth. But I don't. (Sniff.)

Authors Worthless ramblings) Minna san! Arigato for reading my first ever, (loud booming voice) Fan fiction of Spirited Away!!! Ahh. That felt good to get out of my system. So once again thank you for reading this. I want reviews so I know how my writing is. Uhh and please no flames. You know it is not safe to play with fire. Anyway, enough of my ramblings. ON WITH THE STORY!!! (Note: first part is kind of confusing, but if you keep reading, you will understand.

Chapter 1: Fairy Tales For Girls

" Oh Lina! Wake up we're almost there!" Her mother said reaching back from the passenger seat. She shook her daughters arm gently, trying to wake her. Lina groaned and scowled, still half asleep. " Lina wake up. We're almost at your cousins house." She tried again. Lina opened an eye groggily and sighed.

"Whatever." Lina replied stretching out her arms. She yawned and stared out the window of the car, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. Her Mother frowned, but turned back around, directing her gaze to the road. `So what's so great about this place anyway?' Lina thought to herself. She stared at the trash-filled streets in disgust, and the graffiti covered buildings were no better looking. Lina sighed and looked to her father, who was busy driving the small car.

" This town is a dump. The only reason I agreed to come here was because I get to see Chihiro." Lina complained crossing her arms.

Her father chuckled. " Sweetie this is downtown. Where we are going to live is a lot better kept than here. Until the construction workers are done on our house, we're going to live with Auntie and Uncle, and Chihiro too. So you'll be in a good neighborhood." He said to his daughter. Lina rolled her eyes and continued to stare out the window. Luckily her parents hadn't seen.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Chihiro stared out her window expectantly. A car passed by and her hopeful face faded. It was not her cousin. Just a neighbor that lived up the hill from her house. Chihro sighed. She hadn't seen Lina in five long years. ` It's been five years since I last saw Haku too.' Chihiro thought. `Has it really been that long?' she bit her lip. Haku's face appeared in her head. A friendly smile, shoulder length olive green hair, and beautiful blue eyes. Memories of the spirit world flooded Chihiro's mind. Lin and her testy temper. Kamaji and the soot balls. Zenniba's kind heart. Even Yubaba. Chihiro smiled at herself. Yubaba was the last person she'd expect herself to miss. Nonetheless, Chihiro wished she were back with her old friends.

A car pulled into the driveway, tearing Chihiro away from the memories she cherished. Her face lit up as she saw her cousin exit the small vehicle. She ran out to meet her cousin, jumping up and down with excitement. She welcomed her relatives in happily as her parents made it to the front door to help bring in their luggage. Lina and Chihiro yapped away happily filling each other in on what they had been up to the past years.

" Well, it's good to see you again. It's been awhile!" Lina said smiling. Chihiro nodded in agreement. " Know any good places we can go to talk some more or sumthin? I hate being cooped up for so long. I'm pretty hungry too!" Lina asked her with pleading eyes.

Chihiro smiled and nodded. She knew exactly where they could go. And she hadn't been there in five long years.

"Yeah, I know where we can go. But we might be there for awhile." Chihiro replied slyly. Lina stared at her blankly and confused. Then she realized what her cousin had been talking about. Lina heaved a huge sigh and rolled her eyes impatiently.

"Please tell me you're not talking about the Spirit World again." Lina asked. She already knew what the answer would be though.

"You bet. I haven't been there in five years." Chihiro said.

"Chihiro…" Lina sulked on.

"Oh c'mon. I can introduce you to all my friends."

"I stopped listening to fairy tales a long time ago."

"Lina, I promise you this is isn't a fairy tale."

Lina stood there quietly for a long time. She sighed. " I know I'm gonna regret this." She muttered. Chihiro smiled and put her arm around her cousin.

"Great! I just know you're going to love the Spirit World!" She smiled more at Lina's stubborn, yet gentle, face.

" Yeah. If it actually exists." She grinned teasingly. Chihiro giggled at the joke and led her cousin inside. They could hear the laughter and endless gabbing of their parents in the kitchen, and decided to head up to Chihiro's room.

"So, am I going to need clothes or anything? You said we were gonna be there for awhile." Lina said looking through her suitcase. Chihiro shook her head.

"Yeah, but just one change of clothes. I'm not sure how long we'll be there and it might get dangerous." Chihiro said staring out her window again.

Lina stared at her cousin horrified. " Well then why the heck are we going if we might get killed or something?"

Chihiro laughed and waved her hand casually. " Don't worry, I know the people in the Spirit World, so we probably won't run into any trouble."

Lina shook her head, eyes wide in doubt. " I hope you know what you're doing Chihiro."

Chihiro smiled and stared out her window. `I know I do. I just can't wait any longer to see you Haku…"