Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Choices of Love ❯ Arguments in the Dark ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer Notice: I do not own Spirited Away. Spirited Away is Hayao Miyazaki's. I am not Hayao Miyazaki. I am just a grade school student who spends hours and hours writing stories, and going online to read other ones. Sad, isn't it? Again, I do not own Spirited Away in any way, shape, or form. I have merely used the names of characters from the movie in my story. Please don't sue me. I get in enough trouble at school as it is.

Author's worthless rambling's: Hello! Thank you for reading this! Arigato much. This is my second chappie to, Choices of Love, which is my first ever fanfic. So please no flames! Fire burns, and it could damage my hair! Anywayyyyy. ON WITH THE STORY!!!

(Oh yeah. Please review!!!!!)

Chapter 2: Arguments in the Dark

"Chiiihiiirooo! When are we gonna get there?" Lina whined to her cousin. She bent over and stopped to catch her breath. She couldn't believe how fast Chihiro could walk.

She laughed and turned to her cousin. "Lina, we haven't even passed through the tunnel yet. Do you complain like this all the time?" Chihiro and Lina walked down the hill that lead to the Spirit World tunnel. Chihiro, leading the way, walked at a quick pace while Lina staggered behind. She hated going on walks. At least she was getting away from her parents though, she pointed out in her head. The two continued to walk until they came to a tunnel that showed no light at the end of it.

"Here it is. This tunnel will lead us to the Spirit World." Chihiro said happily.

Lina stared down the dark passageway doubtfully.

"Yeah right! Like I'm going to step into that dark obese. I bet I won't be able to see a foot in front of myself! I might trip or something!" She said waving her arms furiously. Chihiro giggled at her cousin's optimism.

"Relax! And stop acting like a spaz." Chihiro teased. She looked down the tunnel smiling and took a step into the darkness. Lina, not wanting to be left behind, followed her. Chihiro shivered as wind came rushing through the tunnel. She heard Lina whimper and smirked. Her cousin could be such a baby at times. But, who could blame her now? She traced her memories back to the first time she had walked through this very tunnel. She had been so scared because of the same chilling wind as this one, and the moaning of the building. Chihiro smiled as she saw a light and picked up the pace a little. She didn't want to wait any longer!

" Chihiro slow down will you? I don't feel good." Lina complained. She held her stomach as it growled loudly. Chihiro laughed turning around. She walked backwards and looked at her cousin.

"You're just hungry. Wait till we get to the bathhouse. I'm sure we'll get some food there." She said smiling. Lina scowled and sighed. Why had Chihiro talked her into this? There's no spirit world. Her cousin was probably just teasing her, and when they reached the end of the tunnel, she would laugh and tell her she was a dope.

` God, I can be so gullible sometimes.' Lina stopped in her tracks and frowned.

"Chihiro, this is enough. I know you're just trying to get me to fall for another one of your practical jokes. So I'm going back to your house." She told her cousin stubbornly.

Chihiro turned around and looked at Lina. She smiled sheepishly and closed her eyes.

" All right Lina you can go back home. But I'm going to keep on. I haven't seen my friends in five long years, so I can't turn back now. Tell my parents I might be gone a little longer than expected." She opened her eyes again and turned around, so her back was facing Lina. Lina shifted uncomfortably listening to her cousin talk serious for once. But why did she persist on saying that this fantasy world was real though? It was starting to get really annoying!

"Lina. When I first came here. I thought the same thing. I didn't think any of this could be true, and just wanted to go home. But when I met Haku and Lin and everyone else, I felt safe. So it's okay to be scared."

"I'm not scared! I never get scared Chihiro so shut up!" Lina cried.

"You aren't going to slow me down like you always do Lina! Not this time at least! Go ahead and go back. See if I care! It was stupid of me to even ever tell you about the Spirit World" Chihiro yelled back.

The two stood there for a little, both surprised at their own tone of voice. Lina huffed and walked briskly past her cousin, deeply in thought.

"Scared am I? I am Lina Yoshizumi, and I never get scared. How dare Chihiro even think that? I'll prove to her nothing scares…" But she didn't finish her thought. Lina heard something down the tunnel, and could make out a silhouette that was getting closer. She stopped dead in her tracks and froze in place. It wasn't helping either that the wind seemed to be blowing harder now. Chihiro noticed her cousin had stopped and walked up next to her

"Lina, what's wrong?" Chihiro asked. Lina stared at the light coming from the end of the tunnel.

"Shhh. I hear something. And I think there's someone coming from the end of the tunnel! Look!" She said whispering. Chihiro gave her a confused look but looked in the direction of her cousin's gaze anyway. She gasped softly as her hand immediately rose to her mouth. A figure was walking slowly towards them. Chihiro's heart began to race. Could it be…him…? She started to bight her nails, and heard Lina gulp loudly. Both were too scared to move. The mystery person suddenly stopped a few feet away from the girls. Chihiro didn't know if this person was friend, or foe, but she had a good feeling that she was going to find out. And soon.

More Worthless Ramblings: PLEASE REVIEW MY STORY. Sorry bout the cliffhanger! I so totally suck right now! Go ahead and flame me because in know I have the worst writing skills in the world. I will work on the next chapter but I want at least ten good or fairly good reviews for my very, very, very, very, very, very bad story. Thank you all.