Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Choices of Love ❯ Not so Happy Reunion ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer Notice: I do not own Spirited Away. That was quick huh?

Author's worthless Ramblings: Yet again another chapter of Choices of Love. I really don't have much to say; except I hope you all enjoy this!! ON WITH THE STORY!!!!!

Chapter 3: Not so Happy Reunion

"Chihiro?" The voice asked trembling. Chihiro smiled weakly. There was no doubt about it. That was Haku's voice. She took a step forward and Lina grabbed her sweatshirt. Chihiro looked back to her and smiled. Her cousin gulped but slowly took her hand away.

" Haku?" Chihiro asked. She couldn't help forcing a smile. The figure raised a closed hand up to his face. Chihiro could just make out the person blowing into his hand softly. He opened his hand and a luminous glow began to shine from his palm and fingertips. The face of a fifteen-year-old boy appeared in front of the two girls. Lina felt herself go red. The boy standing in front of her was beyond handsome.

Chihiro smiled softly. It was Haku. After five years she was finally able to see him. She took another step towards him, tears starting to well up in her eyes. Haku smiled softly when he realized who he was looking at. He was about to speak when he heard a scream from behind Chihiro. He jumped a little as Chihiro spun around, and looked to her cousin.

"There's something wrong with my hand!" Lina cried. Chihiro gasped when she saw. The light Haku's hand was producing barely showed Lina's hand. Transparent.

" We can catch up later Chihiro, but now we need to take care of your friend!" he said urgently. Chihiro nodded and grabbed Lina by the shoulder. She glanced at Chihiro to Haku, hoping they could do something about her disappearing arm. To Lina they seemed calm. Like they had dealt with this kind of thing before.

"Lina, don't panic okay?" Chihiro told her. Lina nodded slightly and swallowed hard. Chihiro looked to Haku who grabbed her hand.

" Have your friend hold on. We have to get her across the river before she completely disappears." He said calmly.

"Alright." She replied. Chihiro grabbed onto Lina's arm tightly, noticing that that was starting to fade away also. "Crap." She muttered. Haku pulled onto Chihiro leading the two girls out of the dark tunnel, and into the bright train station. They hurried out into the sunshine and came to the river that was already starting to grow with the water filling into it. Chihiro looked up to the sky. The sun was already starting to set. "Haku!" She yelled. Haku looked to her, panting.

"Chihiro I don't feel so good." Lina whined. She sank to the ground clutching her stomach and groaned. Chihiro knelt down next to her cousin and looked up to Haku. "This didn't happen to me when I first came here! What's wrong with her?" She questioned, voice trembling. Haku wiped the sweat away from his forehead and also knelt down to Lina. He put his hand up to Lina's cheek and then to her own forehead. He shook his head.

"It has to be some kind of allergic reaction or something. I'm not sure what's wrong with her." He stopped for a moment and looked at Chihiro. " But there's someone who would know. We have to take her to Zenniba. And fast." Haku lifted Lina onto his back, and even though Chihiro and Haku didn't see, she blushed again, realizing she was getting a piggyback ride from a very handsome boy. Chihiro wasn't too sure about Haku's decision though.

"But what if it's too late by the time we get to her house? Lina might get worse until she fully disappears!" Chihiro argued. Haku bit his lip. That was a very good point. Even in his dragon form he wouldn't be able to get the two girls there quick enough. But then, this meant he would have to take them to the bathhouse, and he was sure Chihiro (or in his world Sen) would not be the exact human Yubaba would be glad to see again.

He inhaled slowly and closed his eyes. "Alright. I have to sneak you into the bathhouse. I'm sure Kamaji will be able to keep a secret, so you're going to stay with him until we can cure your friend. I'm afraid Spirit World food won't help like it did with you." Chihiro nodded sadly and looked directly at Haku. She could see something in his eyes that she had only seen once before. Fear. Now she became a little scared. If Haku was worried, she didn't know what to do.

They crossed the river quickly, Lina on Haku's back and Chihiro close behind. The sun hit the horizon and the lamps on the street began to light up. " Chihiro, remember to hold your breath when we go across the bridge! I don't want anyone to know you're here yet!" He called back to her. Chihiro yelled back, " Okay!" and the two picked up their paces a little. " You need to hold your breath too alright? Hold it as long as you can." Haku said to Lina. She nodded and felt herself go red once again. Chihiro started to notice the ghostly black figures appear in the shops, and it seemed that their heads followed the teenage human running after the Kohaku River Spirit. She brushed off the thought as they reached the bridge and Haku slowly came to a stop.

" Take a deep breath girls." He said. Haku heard the two breath in and continued on, " Now hold it." Chihiro clasped her hand over her mouth and followed Haku as he began to cross over the bridge to Yubaba's bathhouse.