Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ I’d Pictured You ❯ The Forgotten ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Forgotten

By Beautiful Dreamer1

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~

I didn't know what to expect as I stood quietly in the background, making sure you didn't see me. This day was meant to be ours; I fumed silently to my self. But this day was yours and his. I thought bitterly but the bitterness sub sided as you lifted up your veil; I didn't want to spoil your special day… Yet, I managed to put a small damper on this day because a week ago, the blue skies were starting to turn a foreboding gray. I made the rain fall from the heavens and it still has not stopped. I thought the wedding would be canceled so I would have some time to talk to you but it proceeded. I am ashamed of myself, I shouldn't have expected for you to wait for me. Please, forgive me because…

I forgot…

…Not about you because I'll remember you for eternity. I remember your clumsiness, the cute way your face scrunches up when you're worried, and most of all is your incredible smile.

But I forgot about the time. Time flew too fast in your world, while I remained in the spiritual world. As a spirit, I couldn't age like you humans so it took me some time to find a way to be the same age as you. It took too much time…

Now, the final vows are about to be said. I can't bear to hear your reply, so I start to leave but I hesitate. This is my last chance to stop you, we were meant to be together, wait… I'm being selfish again and I don't want to deprive you of your happiness. As I open the door, a strong wind blows through the room. I can hear the awkward cries of the guest.

I didn't look back but if I did; would I have seen you, looking back at me.

I think I can hear your voice calling me back.

I shrugged it off; it must have been the wind.

I believe you'll never call out my name again.

Because I'm just a fading memory and I know it's better this way.

So, please forget me…

Chihiro

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for taken interest in my fic for the people who have read it. This was my first Spirited Away fan fiction and I got a lot of good responses. I'm planning to write one last chapter for this story, if anyone is still interested in reading it. That is all for now. Bye.