Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ Kohaku's Quest ❯ Kohaku's Quest ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own, I repeat; I do not own Spirited Away or anything related to the movie. I....just....don't! *crying*

Chapter ten; Questions about a quest

Some feelings and moments are too private, too intense and vulnerable to be printed. What was said and done after those releasing words can only our favourite couple know. Even figures of our imagination must have some privacy... and I have violated it much enough as it is. And yet I can't stop myself from writing what I see. Not just yet.

Time is a funny thing. Or rather, time is not. Time is something we created in order to strain the events life give us. It's a pathetic try to gain control although we truly never can have full control. So I do not know how many hours we've missed in this little thick fic of mine. I only know that Chihiro was ages elder and Kohaku miles more happy.

"Chihiro..."

"Shh... Be quiet... I declare this bed a speak-free zone."

"But beloved..."

Kohaku rose, leaning on one arm and faced the beauty beside him. Her hair floated over the pillow, her left arm placed above her head. The bedquilt covered the more lovely parts of her, teasing him to lift it. Kohaku regretfully declined this invitation despite its appealing promises.

"You know we can't keep this silence forever. Or rather, you can't."

There it was. Outspoken it seemed like a venomous snake, perhaps one of this dragongods own spawn. There were no easy way to encounter the subject, but this way was way wrong. Anger combined with the scorching red that is agony filled the room. Any other person would have raged at this brutal realitycall at a moment like this, but Chihiro was no other but herself. She saw and heard more. She heard that Kohaku more than anything wished they could have kept their silence. He wished he could have stretched the moment or somehow altered the terms of their existence, but he simply couldn't. There are things you can do. The rest is plain impossible. Therefore, Chihiro rose and put on a sweater, tied up her hair with the ribbon (it lay on the pillow were it had loosen). Feeling more secure once dressed she crawled back into bed and snuggled near Kohaku. He was nor warm or cold. When she touched him with her eyes closed, she was not even sure whether he was in his human shape or not.

"Do you pity that I am a mere human? Do you wish I were something more?"

"I do not wish you were someone else."

Silence.

"What happens next?"

"I do not know."

"Have your quest ended?"

"No."

Silence.

"Wha-"

Silence.

Kohaku held his burning woman and listened as she slowly accepted what had not been said. Slow, deep breathing, making her clothes move over her raising chest. The soft flatter of her lashes as she blinks. The pounding heart that forces her blood flow making a low hsss... And her tummy growling due to the hunger she'll feel in about an hour. She was a living being in the highest meaning of the word and it frightened him as well as it draw him to her.

"You are my treasure. You know that."

"As well as you are mine."

"I see no way out of this."

Silence.

"But you do."

Silence.

Silence.

Silence.

"There are places we could go. Places where I could fulfil my quest."

Kohaku turned his head to gaze into the dark wells that was her eyes.

"Places where you won't age."

"We both know a place like that."

"Then why do you hesitate?"

Silence.

"What would I be when you've fulfilled your quest?"

"I don't know."

"Who would I be during your quest?"

"My treasure. As always."

"Then tell me..."

Chihiro ripped her shirt off, bare naked again just as him.

"...is this the body of a dragon's lair? Or is it the body of a free spirit?"

"Can't it be both?"

"No."

Silence.

"I am not a dragon's lair. Had you come-"

Chihiro hesitated, but continued.

"Had you come before Manani, I would have been your lair for sure. Then I was still weak. Now I'm not. Beloved..."

His hand between hers, longing to be placed elsewhere. She felt the twitch.

"...I am a free spirit. I can't follow you blindly as I once did."

"I wouldn't ask that of you."

"No. But you would expect me to."

Silence.

"I am a god."

"Not to me."

Silence.

"Then what am I to you?"

"The same as always. Everything."

Finally, Kohakus lips stretched as his smile grew wide. Chihiro, laying at her stomach ogling up at him, grinned. Kohakus heart grew (or so it felt), and he wanted to do a million things. He wanted to hug her, kiss her, touch her, tickle her, wrestle her for torturing him, all at once.

Chihiro solved his problem by dragging him down to her level and press her lips against his.

"Then off we go?"

"Off we go."

End of Kohaku's quest.

Author's note: I am tired of this fiction. It takes too much time and it's not even my characters. It seemed a good idea at the time, but now I know fan fiction is not my kind of writing. But yes... It might happen that a short novel will tell what happen next.