Spirited Away Fan Fiction ❯ What Was Always There ❯ Chapter Three~Last Look ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

This chapter is in Chihiro's POV.
 
 
 
Chapter Three ~ Last Look
 
 
 
 
I stood looking at the tunnel that would take me back to him. It had been a week since we moved out of the Spirit House and into the backs of our cars. Since that time we had bought many things that would aid us in the years to come. The girls and I had gone to every single Target and bought all their feminine products that they had. Boxes and boxes of tampons and such. Even though we're spirits, we still have our periods. (I put that in just to creep the guys out)
 
Then we had gone on a major shopping spree, going to every single clothes store within a mile radius. Stupidly we each took our own cars. Me with my light blue Acura MDX, Ethena with her red Ford Edge SEL Plus, Sora took her white Lexus RX and Neko took her silver Infiniti FX45. Trouble was, we each filled up the backs up our SUVs with clothes. After we got all of our shopping done, we pushed the guys out to get clothes.
 
They filled up the truck of Damien's Diablo.
 
We scolded them for half an hour, telling them that that was not enough clothes, then Ethena and Sora took them to get clothes, while Neko and I went to get suitcases. And coffee.
 
After an hour of searching for big enough suit cases, we hit the jackpot.
 
Mori Luggage.
 
Right when we had walked in, a sales clerk came and asked us if we needed any help.
 
“We need five of the biggest suitcases you have.” Neko had said, bluntly.
 
The clerk had nodded and walked to the back of the store, leaving us to look around. Bad idea.
 
When he came back, he drug two black Hartmann Suitcases.
 
I had stopped him asking if he had any in tan. When he nodded I asked him to bring the other three out in that color. He came back lugging three tan colored Hartmann's. We continued to look and I found the make up bag section. In the end we bought a Roxy Campus, Lea, Travelon Independence, and Two-Five Train bags for the girls, and Sante Fe and Eagle Creek travel bags for the guys. We then picked up a Roxy Floral Suitcase for the “products.” We went on to pick out five different laptop sleeves, each of our signature color. (If you haven't figured it out by now, God help you.)
 
When we finally decided to check out we found we had spent $11,405. Oh yea. Definite shopping spree.
 
Since then we had started packing, but we had to make another trip to Mori to get five more, slightly smaller, suitcases. Now all that was left was to take all my money out of the bank and put it into gold coins so it would be useful when we reached the spirit world. Yesterday I had called my personal banker and told him exactly want I wanted and he had said to meet me behind the bank, not wanting anyone to be suspicious about all the money that I would be leaving with. So now I turned and walked to my MDX, then drove to the bank. We met behind the bank, (Can't think of a name.) and, just like he said, he was waiting for me with five, large bags sitting at his feet.
 
He greeted me with a kind smile and a hug. My uncle and personal bank accountant looked at me with pitying eyes.
“Please Uncle Chou, I don't want your pity.”
He nodded. “What are you planning to do?”
“I'm going on a little vacation.” I said simply and with that we got to loading the bags into the car. An hour later I was bidding my uncle goodbye and racing back to the tunnel.
 
It had been three days since Sora and Taiga had passed over to get some help, and they were scheduled to return at two hours before night fall, with twenty well able stallions to lift the yacht over the tunnel. The yacht was going to be used to transport the cars and luggage from the bath house to Zeniba, who we hoped to be staying with until we could build a house of our own. I however was not going to be casting off with them, expecting the revenge spirit in me to take over as soon as dusk fell. It was now 11:00 am; One hour before we, the ones that were still here, started to drive the cars through the tunnel and park them up the stairs to be loaded. As I turned the corner and the tunnel came into view, tears blurred my vision, but I didn't hit anything. I climbed out of the car and walked over the Ethena who sat quietly by tunnel, her yellow eyes distant from thought. I seated myself beside her and sighed. `What a day.' I thought as I watched the clouds float above.
 
Slowly I drifted asleep.
 
I woke sometime later, blinking away the sleep in my eyes, the sun was still out, but something was different. I heard talking and walked toward it, rubbing the dirt off my cheek as I went.
 
When I reached the clearing it was not a sight I expected to see.
 
Not only were there at least twenty, very handsome men in the space but also a rather large spirit that looked vaguely familiar, then it hit me. The spirit that I had pulled the bike from all those years ago. He had not changed much, if any. His body looked almost liquid, arms placed along his side. His face was still a mask that had large, bushy, white eyebrows that sprouted from it.
 
He was the first to notice me.
“Hello, little one.”
Everyone's attention was on me that next instant. The old spirit came toward me.
“Mayhap I could speak with you privately, Chihiro?”
I nodded.
 
When we were far enough away he turned to me, his body shrinking. Soon and small old man stood where the great spirit had stood moments before.
 
He smiled. “You look so much like your mother.”
“What?”
“Chihiro I assume you already know about your spirit form, but what you don't know is that I am your grandfather.”
He raised his hand silencing me when I opened my mouth to speak.
 
“Let me finish, my child. Now, I am the spirit of the vast ocean that surrounds the bathhouse, and your mother was my daughter, as I said before. But her mother was not a spirit but a sorceress. Her mother, your grandmother, is dead. She died giving birth to your mother.
“So because your grandmother was in fact a sorceress, your mother and you yourself are also sorceresses. And when your mother met your father she sealed her powers away in the necklace you're now wearing.”
 
When he finished I looked at him for a while then, my eyes started to water.
 
“Grandpa!” I yelled as I jumped into his arms. He encased me with lovingness and twirled me as his warm laugh filled my ears. Finally I had someone who could help me overcome the obstacles that would soon be in my life. Someone to go to when I was lost. Someone to grieve with. Someone to care.
 
“Now,” he continued, his laugh still laced in his words, “The plan is this. I am going to lift the yacht over the wall and put it in the water, while the sky spirits are going to lift the cars over, because we found that they won't fit, and you and your friends are going to drive the bikes through the tunnel and up the hill, all right.”
 
I nodded and he started changing back to his spirit form. We went back to the group and found that my cars were being tied to four horses each. The motorcycles were all in one corner and the cars took up the rest. Sora's two cars were tied and Neko's two but none of the others. Each horse, I noticed, had a tattoo of some sort painted onto their underbellies or chests. A black stallion stood alone without any ropes or attachments on; with a snort he unfolded his feathered wings and took flight, the others lifting off the ground as well. The cars seemed to float off the ground. Soon the cars were out of sight. When the stallions came back for the second round, I looked at my watch and saw that it was thirty minutes till dusk, and quickly told the others. We all mounted our bike, well all except for Taiga, who was leading the horses, and raced through the tunnel and in to the field, never stopping or slowing until we reached the platform. After dismounting, I turned and took in the sight of my new home. It was just as I remembered it, the stalls were filled with food, the backs of them empty, and the bathhouse had smoke coming from the chimney.
 
Behind me I heard a shrill whiney. When I turned, there was a beautiful white mare, her sapphire blue eyes stared at me, she then turned so her side was facing me.
 
“Get on Chihiro. You have to help your grandfather attach the harness.”
 
I ran towards Sora and jumped on her back, feeling her prance before taking flight with athletic grace, her wings snapped out and lifted us higher. We felt like we were racing the winds as she beat her wings, making us go faster.
 
When we landed, my hair had been blown from it's tie and now hung freely around me. My grandfather was by the yacht with a harness tied along him. I ran to him as Sora revertited back and took Taiga's bike over. When I reached him, he lifted off the ground and hung directly over the yacht, the ropes from his harness hanging by the forty dock ties that lined each side of the boat. I hurried around tying each rope the way that Damien had showed me earlier. When I was fininished, the sun was almost down.
 
I gave my grandfather two thumbs up and ran back through the tunnel reaching the platform, water slowing rising behind me.
 
Then the sun disappeared behind the horizon.
 
My stomach clenched, dragging me to my knees from the pain, then my teeth started to feel too big for my mouth. I saw red. I through my head back and roared. My skin turned black and scales started to consume me. Some of my hair fell into my face, and I watched as my black mane turned a bright red, then it started to shorten and grow down my back. My legs became short, my feet clawed. My arms and hands did the same thing. Two cords sproted from my cheeks and became living waves. Then everything stopped.
 
The change was completed.
 
Then I felt my thirst for revenge and bolted for the bath house.
 
The hunt had begun.
 
 
 
 
How was that, any good? Please comment.
 
~Horsechick~