Street Fighter Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic Adventure 2: SuperNOVA ❯ True Peace ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 30: True Peace
 
A light was shining inside the Space Colony lab. The bodies of the Digi-destined landed softly in a circular pattern. Tai and Sora landed softly on the centre of the lab. Their Digimon, who are now heavily exhausted from the fight and back in their Rookie forms, also landed softly.
Tai and Sora were the first to awaken. “Hi…” Sora said slowly.
They both got up with Tai helping Sora up. Sora began, “Thank you for everything.” She said to her boyfriend
Tai chuckled, “You're welcome… If it weren't for us and the mother-daughter team, who knows what could have happened.”
“True.” Sora replied, and then she said, “Hey… Back in the pyramid complex in the Digital World, I never really thanked you for saving me from the black pit. I guess you really cared about me. So…”
She chuckles and said, “Thank you.”
Tai slightly burst into tears. “You're welcome, Sora.” He said, and they were about to kiss… until his friends awakened… and the door opened!
Jin, Athena and Cammy were cheering! They hugged both Tai and Sora! “We did it!” they cried, “We saved the planet!”
“Tai!” someone cried. It was Matt. He stepped forward to his best friend.
“Listen.” Matt began, “I never took the liberty to say that you truly deserve Sora, so… congratulations.” He let out his hand.
“Thanks, Matt!” Tai replied, and he shook his hand.
Izzy rushed to Tai. “Izzy!” Tai cried, “How did you like that?! That was cool, you and your Digimon together!”
“Are you kidding?!” Izzy cried, “It's prodigious! I wonder if Davis, Yolei, Cody and Ken could try this! I should tell them! I'll tell them that you started this!”
“Thanks, Izzy!” Tai replied,
“Tai! Sora!” someone cried. It was both Mimi and Joe!
“Hey, I liked both your Digimon!” Mimi cried, “They accessorize well AND they are gorgeous!!!”
“I would not have joined you guys because I would have a sudden attack when I'm in space!” Joe said, “But, thanks to you both, I managed to overcome it!”
“Oh, Joe!” both Tai and Sora laughed
“Brother!!!!” someone cried
“Kari!!!” Tai cried and gave his sister a hug! T.K. appeared right behind her.
“Oh, big brother!” Kari cried in tears, “I thought I had lost you!”
“It's OK.” Tai replied, “I'm here… and safe.”
Then, he turned to T.K. “Make sure you take good care of my sister, T.K.!” Tai said, “I do not want to hear that you did wrong to her!”
“No worries, Tai.” T.K. replied, “I will be responsible for her at all times!”
Then, Tai and Sora turned to each other. “Now, where were we?” Tai asked,
Sora gestured at her lips. They began to make contact until… Kaori walked in and she was crying. Matt asked, “Who is that?”
“That's Kaori Sakumai Gonzalez.” Tai responded, “She's one of our good friends who helped saved the planet.”
Cammy stepped forward and asked, “Did Sakura make it?”
“No…” Kaori answered slowly. She showed her a key with a head of a bird and wings for eyelids… as well as the `kamihito' earrings that Sakura wore.
“Do you believe that…” Cammy began asking, “That the professor modified Sakura to carry out the revenge on all those who live there on Earth?”
Kaori sighed, “She is what she is. She is both my mother, and a brave and heroic fighter who gave her life to save Earth.” She wept some more.
Cammy sighs, “I guess you're right.”
Izzy walked to Athena. “You're a pretty smart girl.” He said, “Do you always have the time to read books and catch up on math equations?”
“Not necessarily.” Athena said, “I also take the time to sing my heart out and hang out with Kaori. I am a strong student at my university though, which I find pleasing. We should work on a project together sometime!”
“Yeah!” Izzy agreed, “Let me know the details.”
“You know, Joe…” Mimi began, “I think we should do an operation together.”
“What?” Joe said, “You mean open your body, look through vital organs and find what is wrong with you?! Thank you… but I think I'll pass.”
“Not that!” Mimi laughed, “I mean… have a little fun in bed!”
“Oh!” Joe laughed, “Maybe… I'll have to check my work schedule.”
“Hey, guys.” Agumon said to all the other Digimon, “What do you want to do when we return to the Digital World?”
“I don't know.” Gomamon said, “Put on a show about what we did to help our friends to save Earth?”
“That's an idea, Gomamon!” Palmon agreed, “I think it will work out just fine!”
“Yeah!” Gabumon said, “I will write the script for the show!”
“I will find the props needed!” Biyomon cried,
“I will find the publicity!” Tentomon said, “I am pretty strong at that!”
“Let's work together on that, Tentomon!” Gatomon said, “I think we can cover more people this way!”
“I want to invite Elecmon to see it!” Patamon said, “He will be so proud of me when he sees it!”
“Everyone in agreement?” Agumon cried,
“Yeah!” Everyone else responded
“Isn't it beautiful, T.K.?” Kari said, looking at the planet Earth “It looks so real from way out here!”
“I agree.” T.K. replied, “I think we were given Digimon for a good reason. I knew that Tai and Sora had their reason of why they pulled theirs out of the Digital World. It would be times like these where we all need to come together.”
“You're right, T.K.” Kari replied, “I am really glad my brother is OK.”
Matt said, “You were a pretty good leader, Tai. Take good care of Sora.”
“I will, Matt.” Tai replied, and then he asked, “How are things working out?”
“I don't know yet.” Matt said, “Our band has not had a decent appearance for over a year now… and I do not know what's happening.”
Tai gestured at Athena. “There's someone who can open up for you guys!” he said
“Do you think so, Tai?” Matt asked as he looked at Athena.
“I know so!” Tai responded
“Good luck, Matt!” Tai said as he hugged his best friend
“You too, Tai.” Matt replied and he walked off
Tai walked over to Sora. “When we get home…” he began, “Do you want to…”
He was really nervous. “…have dinner with me?!”
He knew that came out wrong! Sora chuckled and said, “Sure… but no fast-foods!”
Kaori still looked at her earrings and decided to wear them. “Wow, Kaori. Those look good on you.” Someone said. It was Jin!
“Thank you, baby.” Kaori said and gave him a kiss in the mouth.
“Hey, listen…” Jin said, “I want to tell you that your mom is up in heaven with my mom. I know you two had a really good time together.”
“It's OK, Jin.” Kaori responded and showed him her Clow Key, “You see this? My mom had another line of work. She has been collecting Clow Cards. Your mother videotaped my mom's attempts to capture the Clow Cards. I guess our moms have something in common. I believe I can continue her line of work as well as continue to perfect my fighting skills!”
“Jin?” she continued, “Will you be there for me if the Clow Cards are unleashed again?”
“Sure, Kaori.” Jin said, “Anything for you.”
“Thank you.” Kaori said, “Now, let's go home. I guess this adventure for all of us has come to an end.”
Everyone began to leave. Kaori looked back one more time and said, “Sayonara, Sakura Kinomoto-Gonzalez.”
THE END
 
A new day brings new adventure
But for now…
Rest easy, heroes