Suikoden Fan Fiction ❯ In the Dark ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Gensosuikoden: In the dark

By: Kouken_Sasarai

Notes from the author: Look! Chapter 2 already. *waggles eyebrows* I tried my best to stay true with the whole S1 scene. Enjoy~

Disclaimer: Suikoden and its characters belong to their respected companies (Konami and such) and no money was made in the production of this Fanfiction.

Chapter 2: Meeting

Luc tossed a stone he had picked up from the ground up into the air as he sat on a tree that had fallen from a storm that hit the island a few days back. He caught the stone again as it fell, grasping it tightly in his hand.

"This is stupid." He thought.

Leknaat had woken him up before the sun had even risen. She told him that visitors from the Imperial Guard were coming later in the morning and he must go and greet them when they arrived. He had been sitting on that tree trunk that lay in a fairly large clearing for a good 3 hours now with no company. If they were arriving 'later', why had she sent him off so early?

He was still tired as he had been studying late through the night as of lately. Leknaat after all was Seer to the Scarlet Moon Empire. She could only teach him magic whenever she was not at the top floor of the tower conjuring astral conclusions for Emperor Barbarosa. And that alone took days.

"What's so important about these people anyway?" he grumbled. "They're soldiers aren't they? Finding the door to the tower shouldn't be that hard."

He tossed the stone up and caught it again as it fell back down.

"Oh." He suddenly muttered, a grin forming on his face.

She told him to greet them… but she didn't tell him how. A snicker escaped his lips as another idea for some entertainment came into his head. This might not be as boring as he thought it would be. He glanced at his right hand where the insignia of the True Wind Rune appeared.

"This will be fun." He thought as he smiled to himself.

"Are we almost there yet?" A young voice whined from the path ahead.

They had finally arrived. Luc threw the stone back to the ground then dusted his clothes as he got up on his feet. He walked to the middle of the clearing, facing the path that led to the shore.

"Geez, you're just coming along. Can't you keep your whining to a minimum?" another voice followed, this one was deeper and older. "At least until I'm not around you."

"What are you trying to say?! That I'm unnecessary!? Is that it?!!" the younger voice shouted.

They were in sight now. A boy with dark hair, wearing a green and purple bandana and a staff led a group of 5 people. He looked about 16 or so. The others who followed were a blonde man with a cross-marked scar on his cheek that wielded an ax in his hand, another man with dark hair who was heavily built, a woman with brown hair who carried daggers around her belt, and another boy with brown hair who carried a bow and a quiver of arrows around his back. The heavily built man and the brunette boy were glaring at each other, and the boy seemed ready to launch himself to attack the older man.

The older man was about to start the argument again but the blonde man intervened.

"Pahn, Ted! Please!" He pleaded.

"Gremio…" The boy who was leading the group had noticed Luc.

"Oh… Hello." Gremio greeted automatically as he caught sight of him.

The rest of the group looked at the young mage curiously.

"How unusual to have visitors on this island…" He smiled. "I must prepare an appropriate welcome."

He raised his right hand in front of him and the smile turned to a wide grin.

"Wind Rune… Show your power!"

A bright light emitted from his hand as strong winds blew furiously around them all, gathering in front of the boy's hand while the earth quaked. A rock creature slowly formed and emerged from the gathered wind and earth.

"Tadah~!" he said in a sing-sung tone.

Before anyone in the group could remark at the sight of the golem he had just conjured before them, the creature lunged towards them in a furious attack. The group spread out, avoiding the Golem as it rushed at them.

Luc sat back down on the tree trunk and rested his chin on his hand, smiling happily at the chaos he had just started. Once or twice, it had knocked down the heavily built man and turned to the next person in its sight.

"Augh!" the blonde man flew against a tree as one of the Golem's arms caught him in his attack.

"Gremio!" the female shouted as she ran to his side.

The creature was about to make its way to attack the woman, but a small piece of stone had caught its attention as it hit it on the head. The Golem turned to the person who had thrown the rock. It was the boy with the bandanna.

"Is he stupid or what?" Luc thought as he let out a chuckle.

"Y-Young Master!" The man called Gremio shouted. "Please! Stay back!"

"I will not!" The boy snapped. "I can fight too!"

The Golem stomped its feet heavily on the ground like a boar preparing to make its charge. It then broke into a run and made its way to the boy with the bandana. The boy already had his weapon ready and did not bother to wait for the golem to get to him. Instead, he launched himself at it and attacked.

Luc watched his actions with mild interest.

"That guy was either brave or foolish. A mere staff couldn't possibly harm a golem." He thought.

At least that was what he thought. Mere minutes later, the Golem was defeated, leaving Luc rather speechless. 4 pairs of eyes (all except the boy with the bandanna) were turned to him, glaring intensely.

"Wow, you guys are really something, beating my magic like that… I'm impressed, Imperial Guards." He smiled.

The heavily built man stepped forward angrily.

"Hey!" He shouted, pointing nastily at him. "Have you got something against us, or what?"

"Take it easy. I know who you guys are." Luc said to him while he casually waved his hand in the air. "You've come to see Lady Leknaat, right? I just wanted to test you. I guess you're the real thing."

He gestured towards the path at the other end of the clearing, bowing slightly.

"Come this way, honored guests." He said in an easily distinguishable sarcastic tone.

Reluctantly, they followed him down the path and into the entrance of the tower. The boy with the bandanna looked at him.

"Oh… You're on your own from this point on." Luc replied, clearly knowing what the look on his face meant. "Just go up the stairs and Lady Leknaat should be there to meet you."

He glanced at the other man who had confronted him before quickly and grinned.

"And there are no more tricks. Honest."

"That only makes me worry more…" the man grumbled under his breath as he followed the others into the tower.

(to be continued…)