Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Love is Blind ❯ The Little Lives ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hey All. It's Jezzy. I'm usually on FF.net, but I decided to try here too. Plus, I get the special benefit of NC-17 ratings for Lemons! Whoo hoo! Owell, onward!

Usually, fanfics with characters added into the actual plot don't go over well, but I still wanna do this story. Hope you guys and dolls all like it.

Chapter rating: PG

Disclaimer: *sigh* I don't own Trigun, although I'd love to smack Vash's ass. Oops. Did I say that out loud o.o;;

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------

Love Is Blind - Chapter One -

--------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------

"And they all lived happily ever after. The End."

"Thanks for the story, Rem. I really enjoyed it."

Rem smiled at her little listener. "You're welcome, Aurora," she said. "I suppose the story gets better every time you read it."

The girl nodded. "Yeah," She looked remorseful. "I'm sorry to make you read it to me so much. I just want to memorize it all since I can't ... you know ..."

Rem chuckled. "Don't worry about it, Aurora. I'm glad to the story to you. Now get some rest."

Aurora smiled and reached over in am attempt to turn off the lamp that sat near her bed. She pawed around for the switch. Not finding it, she frowned and returned to her sitting-up position in her bed.

"Rem...would you mind..."

"No problem," Rem replied, still smiling.

She reached over, clicked the switch, and helped Aurora lie down. Then she left the room.

Outside, Stephen was coming back from the bar aboard the SEEDS mothership. He swayed groggily as he headed toward his quarters to turn in for the night. Just as he approached his room, he saw Rem emerge from Aurora's room and lock the door so no one would disturb the sleeping child.

"Putting the white-eyed tike to sleep?" Stephen inquired as Rem turned to head back to the ship's bridge.

Rem tried to remain calm despite her fellow crew member's drunken insults.

"You mean Aurora?" she asked, pretending to be clueless. "Yes. She was very tired after her bed time story"

Steve shook his drunken head and smirked. "I really don't see why you bother to take care of her. She's just an extra mouth to feed, and she bothers the rest of us 'cause she needs someone to hold her little retarded hand so she won't bump her retarded head." He let out a low chuckle.

"Steve, Aurora ISN'T retarded! She's really smart for a five year old!" Rem cried, still trying not to lose control. "And it would be inhumane to just let her die helplessly."

"Whatever," Steve said, waving her away. He trudged into his quarters and let the door shut.

Rem sighed and made her way to the bridge.

Inside her room, Aurora, hearing everything, cried herself to sleep.

The next morning, Aurora found herself sitting in her bed for hours after waking up, waiting for Rem to come and help her get dressed, then take her to the dining hall for breakfast. Finally, Rem rushed in, apologies streaming.

"I'm really, so sorry Aurora," Rem said, helping the little girl out of bed. "It's just that . . . last night, the rest of the crew and I . . . we found these . . . these two babies near a power bulb. The crew wanted to kill them, but I was able to convince them to let me keep them. I was so glad!"

She removed Aurora's nightgown and began to dress her. Aurora smiled.

"You have a nice, big, warm heart, Rem," she said.

"Lift your arms up," Rem softly commanded.

Aurora obeyed and Rem slipped a little dark green dress over her head. Aurora's wavy golden hair frizzled everywhere and Rem started to brush it. She blushed while doing so.

"I haven't done anything that is all that spectacular," she tried to reason.

"You're humble, too," Aurora said, her smile widening.

"Anyhow," Rem continued. "I'll have to ... introduce you to them." She stumbled, looking for a word that didn't mean Aurora would actually see the babies.

"I wish I could see them," Aurora sadly said, her head drooping a little.

"I think someday you will," Rem said with a happy, optimistic smile.

Aurora picked her head up and turned it towards the direction of her care taker's voice.

"You really think so?" she asked, unsure.

"Yes!" Rem clasped her hands together and put them close to her heart. "Once we get to our new planet, there will be all kinds of doctors, nurses, and medical researchers that will be able to restore your sight. I have faith that you WILL see again someday."

"I hope so ...," Aurora whispered.

After dressing, Aurora and Rem ate by themselves in the dining hall. All the other crew members were either piloting the ship, or making repairs to it. Later, Rem took Aurora to see the two babies.

As the two entered the room in which the babies were living, Aurora could hear their cries that came form the pen that they slept in. She felt like rushing in the direction of the crying to try and ease their pain, but she was able to restrain herself, remembering she was blind.

Rem allowed Aurora to stick her finger out for each of the infants to grab. She marveled at the feeling of their small fingers and touched them with her free hand.

"They're so small," she whispered. She smiled a small smile. Rem leaned over and smiled back.

"Would you like to hold them?" she asked.

Aurora let out a small gasp. "Really?!" she cried. "But . . . what if I do something wrong because I can't see?"

"Don't worry," Rem replied. "I'll be right here to make sure nothing goes wrong."

"Yay!" Aurora cried, giving a little hop, causing her hair to bounce and flutter down.

Rem sat the little girl down in a chair near the pen and brought over the first child.

"This one's name is Knives," Rem explained, placing the infant in the girl's lap.

Aurora did the only thing she could that she thought would entertain a baby. She waved her fingers in front of Knives' face. The child reacted mildly, showing little or no interest in the "toys" that were before him. Rem quickly placed Knives with his brother, and Aurora tried her finger play again.

"Oh, Aurora, do you hear that? He's giggling," Rem informed her. "It seems that he likes you. Try making some sounds."

Aurora obeyed and she soon could hear the baby giggling up a storm. "What's his name?" she asked.

"Oh yes, I forgot," Rem said, sheepishly looking down. "His name is Vash."

"Vash . . .," Aurora repeated. "I hope I get to see you someday."

--------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------------------------------------------------

I know it's a little boring now, but I promise that it'll get exciting soon and you'll know part of the plot. Just hang on, and you'll be in for a most enjoyable ride xD