Trigun Fan Fiction ❯ Meryl's Secret ❯ He's Home ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 1

He's home

~~~ POV

** Thinking

/ Talking telepathically

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Meryl's POV ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two suns crept over the horizon, careful as to not wake the sleeping people of gunsmoke. I opened my eyes at the brightness of the suns and grumbled.

" Why did you have to come up so early," I said silently rising from my bed. I put on my dressing gown and walked down to the kitchen to make breakfast as I always did, seeing that I was always the first person up.

As I stood there making breakfast and I heard a noise from the doorway to the kitchen, I turned to see who it was.

" Good morning Milly," I said turning back to serve out breakfast. I walked over to the table and put Milly's breakfast in front of her.

" Good morning Meryl," She said with her usual smile on her face, she was one of the bravest people I knew, it had been 2 months since Wolfwood died and she acted as if it didn't faze her, but I could hear her crying through her wall of a night time. I smiled at my friend whose face looked back at me with a quizzical look.

"Um…Meryl, why did you put three plates out instead of two?" She enquired cocking her head to the side.

" Oh my, I…didn't…realize." I said staring down at the plate, I had unknowingly put out a plate for Vash; it had been a month since he had left and I kept on doing little things that I did while he was here unknowingly (example, the plate).

My eyes started to fill with tears at the thought of his face ** Oh Vash, why wont you come back to me, there is so much I want to tell you, that I need to tell you. ** I thought staring out the window.

I was snapped from my thoughts by Milly's voice, " Meryl are you ok? Why are you crying? Are you thinking of Mr Vash?" Milly asked, she seemed so innocent all I could do was smile at her and continued looking out the window.

" It's going to be ok Meryl, he'll come back soon." Milly said rising from the table, " I'll clean up, you go for a walk and think for a while ok."

I looked over at my best friend, who was the tallest woman I had ever met and smiled, I nodded and walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs to my room.

After I had cleaned myself up, I said goodbye to Milly and walked out the front door. The wind swirled around me tossing my hair about my face; my hair had grown substantially longer since Vash had left. The dust and sand flew around me and into my face stinging my eyes, I pulled the cloak I was wearing up over my head and began to walk to the center of town. We hadn't had a sand storm like this for a while now, everyone's houses were boarded up and only a few stores were still open.

I walked into the grocery store and pulled the hood of my cape down, I got the food and supplies we needed and went to leave the building when a man stopped me.

" Meryl?" The voice sounded familiar and I turned around to see who it was. My eyes lit up at the sight in front of me.

" Oh my god, Uncle!" I was surprised at the decibels that my voice reached, it had been what? 10 years since I saw my uncle last.

" Meryl it is you!" My uncle said grabbing me in a long and somewhat tight hug.

" What are you doing here, and where's aunty?" I said my mind racing with questions.

" Well I was just passing through here when the storm hit and I'm on my way to see you aunty." He said wit ha big grin on his face, sometimes my uncle reminded me of Vash; not in some sick and twisted incest was of course, but just the way he was carefree and somewhat dumb at times, I laughed at the thought of my uncle and Vash having a drinking contest.

** I could just imagine it now, my uncle sitting at one end of the table, pissed off his rocker with his chest sticking out, and Vash at the other end of the table in the same stance. They would sit there in a staring match for about an hour or until they burst out laughing at absolutely nothing, god what a sight THAT would make. ** I thought to myself giggling slightly.

I was dragged from my thoughts by a voice outside, " Quick someone come and help, this man had an injured!" One of the villagers yelled over the howling winds.

I raced out of the store to see what was going on, I could see a very tall man walking towards the village with another man slung over his shoulder. I squinted through the sand and dust flying through the air to see who it was, as he got closer my heart froze.

The man was completely in view now, he had blonde hair with the deepest green eyes, as I stared into those eyes I said his name, " Vash, your home."

As I took a step forward with my hand outstretched, my head began to swim and a collapsed onto the ground, ** He's finally home ** I thought to myself as I slipped into unconsciousness.

This is like my first Trigun fanfic EVER! Please send me review if you like, if I get enough I continue on with the next chapter.

Vash is finally home, but who is this man he brought with him? (If you have seen the anime you'll know who it is, but if you haven't you'll just have to read and find out ^_^)

And what does Meryl want to tell him? And will it change the situation between them?

REVIEW, REVIEW, REVIEW!!!! And you'll find out.

Until next time readers LOVE AND PEACE!