Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Our Little Secret ❯ Abel's in a Little Predicament ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
I’m sorry this took so long, but I’ve been working on three babies at once. (That's stories not 'babies'. I have no children, not even married.) I just could not stop coming up with new plot bunnies. Even now, they are running through my head. I have one chapter of a new story started, but I won’t use it until at least one of these stories is finished. I’m so glad of the responses I’ve been getting for this story. When you guys review or put my story on your alert or fave list, it is so rewarding. By the way, I don’t know what color Leon’s eyes are. If I got it wrong, let me know in my forum. I will edit any part that my readers point out as being wrong.

Our Little Secret
Abel’s in a Little Predicament
Author: “Well, Leon is too, but we’ll come to that later.”

Father Abel awoke to find several people standing around in his hospital room. He climbed out of bed and began to blush. ‘Wow, doesn’t an injured man ever get any privacy?’ Shyly, he began to get dressed. He looked around the room as all his friends stared at him in wonder. They were all amazed that he could even stand at all after such a massive blood loss. Although he was a crusnik, and they had seen him recover quickly before, it still amazed them every time something like this happened.

“How are you feeling Abel?” Abel turned to see the flaxen haired beauty that addressed him. She always had that icy stare in her eyes, but this time her eyes seemed to betray her feelings. They shone like a beacon of worry and pain. He knew that she cared for him, but she had never let her barrier down like this before. The previous attempt on her brother’s life, then to find out that that same assassin had mortally wounded her truest friend; it must have taken its toll on her.

“Yes your eminence, I feel great! I feel better than great. I can’t wait to get to work on this case. So when can Esther and I leave?” As he said this Abel bent down to put on his black boots. As he tried to pull them on, he made a sound of pain in his throat.

“Well four eyes, looks like you’re not going on any missions anytime soon.” Leon spoke to him, half joking and half out of worry. His brown eyes revealed his true intent. For all their back and forth squabbling, they were still very close.

“No-no, I’m fine I swear.” Abel whined to Caterina, Leon, William, and Vaclav. He tried to convince them that he felt alright to go on his mission, but they would hear none of it.

“Abel, you will stay here in the Vatican until you get the proper clearance from the doctors to be put back on active duty!! Is that clear!!?”

“Y-yes your eminence.” He felt it best not to push the beautiful Cardinal any further.

Professor William took the liberty of helping Abel put on his boots. It was a remarkable sight. Abel was trying to balance himself on one foot. As he began to fall, he tried to re-gain his balance by grabbing onto the professors shoulders. In affect, the professor was knocked over and lay there sprawled out on the floor with Abel planted firmly on top of him.

Everyone in the room gasped in horror. They were worried that Abel may have injured himself in the fall. When they saw him begin to pull himself up and give them that sheepish grin, they began to laugh. The professor had of course broken his fall, so he was not injured in the slightest. (Author: “poor professor“)

“Why didn’t you just sit on the bed to put on your boots, huh four eyes? I swear you have got to be the most clumsy person I have ever met in my life.”

“I don’t know Leon; I can be pretty clumsy too you know.” Everyone turned towards the door to see Esther standing there with a big grin on her face. She had witnessed the entire escapade. “I seem to recall a time when you had a little accident of your own. Do I need to remind you?”

Leon pulled back in shock. “You promised you would never tell any one about that.”

“Don’t worry Father, I won’t tell if you don‘t.”

(Author: “However, I am at liberty to discuss it.” Amidst glares from both Father Leon and Sister Esther. “The following is for those of you who want to know to what incident Esther is referring. However, those of you who simply don’t care, you should just skip this part.”)

Esther had just gone into the bathhouse. She had been saying vespers for what seemed like an eternity, her whole body seemed sore from kneeling on the ground. Now it was time to rest her aching limbs with a relaxing soak. She speedily began to remove her vestment, and then she sank down into the bubble-filled tub. ‘Ahh this feels so nice. Finally I can relax with no more distractions.’

Esther began enjoying the comforts of her bath immediately. That is until she heard a sound of surprise coming from her immediate vicinity. She looked up in utter shock and embarrassment. Standing in front of her in full view was none other than…
(“drum roll“)… Father Leon. Luckily, she was mostly hidden by the bubbles in her bath, and he had a towel wrapped around his waist. It did not make either of them any less embarrassed, even Leon was blushing.

When he learned his mistake, Leon quickly turned away and began stuttering something about being sorry. He started heading for the door, but he slipped on the puddle of water that had accumulated from Esther’s overspill.

He lay there on the floor groaning from a nasty head wound. “Oh.......... Father don’t look I’m getting out.” Esther looked over at the chair next to her. Draped there was a towel, she reached for it. She wrapped it around her, and walked over to the bloodied priest.

I feel so stupid. Esther is my head bleeding?”

Yes, it is bleeding. Please don’t move; I’ll get another towel to hold over the wound.” Esther started to stand to fetch another towel. Leon looked at her with a twinkle in his eye. “You already have a towel. In-fact we both do. Why should you go out of your way to get another one?”

Esther looked at him in disbelief. She began to blush even more so. “Father Leon you’re a priest; how could you say something like that?”

Leon began to laugh his head off, which seemed to cause him a little more discomfort. Then he looked at her with an amused expression on his face. “You took me seriously?? I was only joking Esther.” He began to say something more, then he hesitated. “By the way, we don’t have to mention this to Abel do we? In fact let’s just pretend this never happened, agreed?”

I was just about to say the same thing to you Father.” With that, she walked into the supply cupboard to find another towel. When she brought it back to him, she began to nurse his wound.

Thank you Esther, and thank you for keeping our little secret.” He said this with a little wink and a debonair smile that would have melted any girl’s heart. (Author: “Except for Esther‘s, she belongs to Abel, right?”)

(Author: “That’s the end; at least for Esther and Leon’s part of the story, so don’t stop reading because I will be writing more.”)


Was this chappie any good? I loved the story about Esther and Leon. You never hear stuff in the anime about Leon being an oaf as you do for Abel. I could be biased here, but I thought the part where Abel fell unceremoniously on top of Wordsworth was kind of funny, anyone else? Just my opinion, but I think I am the best fanfiction writer in the world. Seriously people, feel free to disagree with me. I’m sure you guys have your own opinions about my stuff. Since most of you are not posting reviews, I’m going to keep on thinking that. It is up to you, the reader, to knock me off my high horse. So please, please, please review. Lovies to all of you who are reading my story, whether you like the story or not, I am giving you all a big cyber hug.