Trinity Blood Fan Fiction ❯ Our Little Secret ❯ Abel in the Hospital ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Here's the next chapter. This whole story is going to be a lot of work, so I hope you all like it.

Disclaimer: I don't own the rights to Trinity Blood.


Our Little Secret
Abel in the Hospital

With tears in her eyes, she ran to get help. She was met by Cardinal Francesco. Sobbing, she begged him to come help Father Nightroad.

“I have no time for this! An assassin has just targeted his Holiness! Get someone else to help you!”

She was distraught at the thought that he would refuse to help one of their own. “Cardinal please, I beg you! He'll die if he's not treated soon.” Francesco refused to listen to her. Instead, he chastised Esther for her insolence, and then he walked away.

“What's this about Abel?” She turned to see Father Leon standing behind her.

“Father Leon, please I need your help. The intruder attacked Father Abel. He has lost a lot of blood.”

"Alright let’s go. Show me where he is."

She ran to the spot where she had left Abel, dragging Leon behind her. When they got there they could see a pool of blood where Abel had fallen, but he was nowhere to be seen.

“I don't get it, where could he have gone? Father!! Where are you!!?” She called out frantically.

“Esther, calm down! Someone probably already came and took him to the infirmary. Let's go see if we can find him.”

When they got there, they could see that someone had indeed found him and brought him to the infirmary.

She walked slowly over to the priest's bed; almost certain he would be unconscious. When she arrived at his bedside, she was surprised to find him awake. “Father, how are you feeling?”

He looked up to see Esther staring at him with tears streaming down her face. 'Why should she have these tears for me? She has such a kind, beautiful heart. If she knew the sins of my past, she wouldn't shed those tears for me. I don't deserve them.'

“Father?” The worry in her voice was enough to snap him out of his silent reverie.

“I'm alright Esther. You weren't injured I trust.” 'She's the last person I would want to see harmed.' He reached up to dry the tears from her face.

At the touch of his soft hand, her face shone a pretty shade of pink. “Um, no Father, I'm not hurt. Please don't strain yourself."

He looked up into her tear-filled eyes. "Don't worry about me Esther."

At this time, Esther had begun to sob again. She threw her arms around his neck and let her fingers sift threw his beautiful silvery hair. "Oh Father, I'm so sorry. If I had listened to you and stayed put you, y-you would..."

"Now, now Esther. Don't dwell in the past. The truth of the matter is you saved my life. If you hadn't distracted him I never would have been able to take that shot."

Just then, a nurse came to Father Nightroad's bedside. "Abel needs his rest. I'm afraid the two of you will have to visit him another day." She proceeded to escort the priest and the nun out of the hospital room.

(The following day.)

“Sister Esther, Cardinal Caterina Sforza has asked me to relay a message to you.” When she turned to face the direction where she heard the voice, she saw the regally handsome Father William Woordsworth walking her direction.

“Oh, hello Professor. How are you today?”

“Very well my dear, and you?” Esther tried to hide her grief.

“I'm okay, but...”

“...but you’re still very worried about Father Abel, aren't you? Don't worry Sister; they'll take good care of him. He'll be better before you know it.”

Esther looked up to him to see if there was any hint that he was lying. She was greeted by a handsome, smiling face. There was no trace of deceit in his eyes. 'He's telling the truth. He really believes that Father Abel will be better soon.'

“Sister Esther, I know you don't know much about Abel's Crusnik abilities. I assure you my dear, Father Abel is the one person strong enough to survive an injury like that. I wouldn't be surprised if he was up and walking around this time tomorrow.”

Esther was greatly pleased to hear this bit of good news. “Thank you Father. Oh, what message did her eminence wish for you to deliver to me?”

“Oh yes, I almost forgot. Her eminence wishes you to leave for the Empire as soon as Father Abel is well enough to travel. In the meantime, Sister Kate will keep a close eye on the communications in the Empire via the Iron Maiden. If there should be another plot to attempt an assassination on his Holiness, she will let us know. Well now, I suppose that's it. Now if you'll excuse me I have a very important experiment sitting on the back burner, literally. Good day Sister Esther, and keep your chin up."

"Thank you Father, and please be careful. We don't want you nearly blowing yourself up again."

Professor Wordsworth's mouth dropped open. "My dear Esther, when have I ever nearly blown myself up?"

"The first day I met you. Remember, that was the first time I saw Sister Kate too. She was a little scary."

"Yes, she can be kind of scary when she gets angry. Besides, that was purely an unforeseeable accident. Nothing like that will happen again."

"Hmm, we'll see Father. Maybe I should call the hospital now and tell them they should be expecting you."

"Esther, do you truly doubt my abilities as a man of science?"

Esther began to laugh gently. "Oh Father, I was only joking. I know you are a great man of science."

He looked at her and smiled. "Well, I'm just glad to see you can joke at a time like this. I'm glad to see you're feeling much better about Father Nightroad's condition. Now I really should be going. Take care."

She gave Father William a little curtsy. "Yes, you too Professor."

Even though she was able to joke with the Professor, Esther was still a little upset about Father Abel's injuries. Since it was a Sunday, visitors were not allowed in the hospital after mass. So she decided that a walk in the garden would help her clear her head of any thoughts of Father Nightroad lying all alone in a hospital bed. (Did she want to be lying there with him? Maybe. giggles uncontrollably)

Esther walked out into the garden and looked at all the beautiful fountains. 'They're gorgeous, and the flowers in the gardens are breathtaking.'

She stayed out there for hours just sitting by the fountains. She didn't have the heart to leave when it began to get dark. Instead, she just stared at the night sky. The stars shone so bright against the blackness of night.

'It's so beautiful out in the garden at night. I wish Father Abel were here with me. I'll have to make sure to bring him here next time. Well, maybe when this mission is over.' “So much for not thinking about Father Abel."

"Sister Esther, are you still worried about Father Abel? Don't be, he's very strong. I wish I could be more like him sometimes."

When she heard someone speak, she looked around to see a young boy walking towards her. "Oh, your holiness, forgive me. I did not see you standing there." She bowed low out of respect for her superior.

"It's alright Esther; I have a habit of not being seen. Especially by my brother." His voice broke a little when he spoke of Francesco.

"That's not true holiness. All of Rome looks to you. You are the Vatican itself. Please don't sell yourself short. All you need is a little confidence. I know for a fact that your brother does see you. In fact, I just bumped into him yesterday and he was upset about the attempt on your life. So I know he cares a great deal for you. Which reminds me, should you really be out here without some kind of guard?"

"Well, I-I... my brother got really angry with me about something or another and so I-I just snuck out. I really hate when he yells at me. My sister can be harsh at times, but she has never yelled at me like that. Sometimes I think my brother hates me."

"Don't say that your Holiness. Don't ever say that about your brother. You know he worries about you or he wouldn't care enough to scold you when it's necessary."

"You really think so?"

"Yes. Now, it’s getting late and you shouldn't even be out here to begin with. Come, I'll escort you back to your quarters."

With that, they walked back towards the building together. All the while, a certain Cardinal was watching them.

He had seen the Pope standing there talking with one of the nuns. He was about to run out and grab him when he heard something that caught his attention. ('It's alright Esther; I have a habit of not being seen. Especially by my brother.')

'I had no idea he felt this way. Does he really think I hate him? Maybe I have been too hard on him lately. I'll have to watch how I speak to him from now on. He always was a little overly sensitive. That nun, she's the one who accosted me in the courtyard. Something about Father Nightroad I believe. I was going to have her punished for the insolent way she spoke to me, but I suppose I can let it go this once.'

Once Esther was back in her quarters, she sank down on the bed. She began to undress to change her clothes for the night. As she undressed, she looked into her full-length mirror at the star shaped birthmark on her side.

She blushed as she wondered what it would feel like to have Abel caressing her skin. She ran her fingers down her side, tracing each point of the star. Esther closed her eyes and imagined that it was Abel's elegant fingers touching her. She wanted so badly for him to touch her again. When she visited him in the hospital, the way he brushed the tears from her cheek gave her a sense of belonging. It was like she was born for his touch.

"These kinds of thoughts are a great sin. I should guard them more closely." She felt her guilt creeping up on her. Esther decided it was best to stop thinking on such things. Instead, she decided it was time to go to sleep. After she got dressed and said her nightly prayers, she fell into bed and was asleep almost the instant her head hit the pillow.

Esther tried not to think about Abel any longer, but who can guard their thoughts while their consciousness is lost in sleep? This night she will dream of Abel. Tomorrow she'll worry about the confession of her sin.


Please forgive me for the lame way I ended the garden scene. I didn't know how to end the scene, writers block and all that. Well, if you guys are the perverts that I know you are, you'll stick around to hear the last chapter anyway. There will definitely be a nice lemon at the end of this story. Whom does it involve? Duh, who else, Esther and Abel. Kind of surprising the way Esther felt herself up in the mirror. The whole time she was wishing it was Abel. I never thought that of her. She's such a perv. If you liked it or even if you didn't, please review. I'm a review whore. Seriously, I get so happy when someone sends me a message, even if it's bad.