True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries Fan Fiction ❯ Ooh Rah ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
A/N: So, I really have absolutely no excuse for not updating this story for the last month. All I can do is apologize to you all. Looking back at all of the reviews, you guys really motivate me to keep on writing this story. I'm really sorry about this being kind of a heavy one, so it may not be too long. So, without further ado, here's Chapter 10 of Ooh Rah.
SPOV
Monday comes all too fast for my liking, and it hits me like a freight train that today is the day Eric leaves for Afghanistan. I don't know what to do. I try to keep the tears held in as I get dressed and ready to take him to the airport, as I don't want to make this any harder on him than it has to be.
These last weeks have really opened our eyes as to who we are and who we are to each other. I never thought that I would be one of those people that said the were in love after just a couple weeks of being with someone, but here I am.
Gran decides that she is not going to go with me to drop off Eric, because she wants us to have the time alone together. I pull in front of Eric's apartment, and sigh heavily as I turn off the engine and grip the steering wheel. Maybe I can just kidnap him, and tie him to a bed. But that probably would be bad for all parties involved. After a final deep breath, I open the door and head up to his apartment. I lift my hand to knock, but he opens the door before I even have time for my hand to connect.
"Hey," I mutter, not really knowing what else to say, too afraid that if I say anything more, I won't be able to hold in the tears anymore.
"Oh, baby, it's okay," he says trying to soothe me. But, when he grabs me into a tight hug, I can't keep the unshed tears in anymore. We stand there for god knows how long, me just crying into his shirt, and him stroking my hair. When all of my tears seem to have dried up, he steps back and looks at me.
"Are you ready to go," I ask him, still sniffling a little bit. "Not that I'm eager or anything," I say, managing a small smile for his sake.
"I'm as ready as you are. I don't want to go at all. I just want to be here with you."
As we start walking to my car, I notice that he is in his uniform, and it is the first time that I have seen him in it. He is in the desert camouflage issued by USMC and he looks fine as hell.
We pull into the airport parking lot after around an hour, and we just sit in the car, looking at our hands. We don't know what to say to each other. Finally, I just say 'fuck it' and lean over and lay one on him. He grabs the back of my neck and pulls me closer to him, until I crawl over the center console and am straddling his lap. We stay like that for awhile, just trying to get as much as we can until he has to leave. When the clock signals it is time to head into the airport, and get him through security and what not, I want to cling to him like a child. We walk in, and cling onto his hand for dear life, as if it my life line. When we approach the terminal, he wraps his arms around my waist, and picks me up. I automatically wrap my legs around his waist, and we kiss one last time.
After he puts me down, I have to watch him walk down the tunnel, that will take him away from me, and to a war zone. As his figure disappears, I slump to the ground in the middle of the room, without shame, and cry.
EPOV
As I walk out of the terminal, toward the shuttle that will take me to the other side of the airport, the distance and the feeling of longing is palpable. I know I must look like a wreck, and that my eyes are red and puffy with the tears that I won't let fall. But I have to do this. I just have to put one foot in front of the other and deal with it, just like every other man and woman that has someone that they are leaving behind.
I approach my gate, and see some fellow soldiers and Marines, and sit down. I pull out my iPod and play some rock songs that will hopefully calm down my mood. I would rather be angry than sad. I lay my head back to try to rest my eyes, and the next thing I know, I am being shook awake by a fellow Marine.
"Hey, man it's time to board," he says, and I follow him into the line to board the plane.
I find my seat and sit down, putting my headphones back in, and prepare for a long flight to Germany. As I am beginning to doze off, I feel somebody sit down in the seat beside me. I glance over, and see a pretty dark haired woman with green eyes. Her name badge says "Dawn".
"Hi there, soldier," she says to me, with what she probably thinks is a seductive voice. "I just thought that I could take a moment of your time and say thank you for what you do. I've always...admired a man in uniform," she says, looking me up and down, with a hungry look in her eyes.
"Thanks for the thanks," I tell her, "but just remember in the future, to never call a United States Marine a soldier," and with that I put my headphones back in, and try to tune her out.
"Oh, I'm sorry,Marine," she says, taking out one of my ear buds.
"Look, Dawn, I'm sure you're a perfectly nice lady, but I have someone at home, so I would appreciate you keeping your hands off of me, and getting back to your job, so I can relax before my layover," I say, trying to keep the edge of annoyance out of my voice, but failing miserably. With a huff, Dawn gets up and walks down the aisle toward the front of the plane, ignoring people along the way. Those kinds of women have always bugged me, and they think that they are actually dick magnets. As if.
I finally am able to doze off and only wake up again, landing in Germany.
A/N: So there is it, Chapter 10. There are links on my profile to the camo that I mention Eric wearing. I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!