True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries Fan Fiction ❯ Ooh Rah ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 9
SPOV
The next week seemed to fly by. Eric and I tried to find time to spend together as often as possible, but obviously, we both had other things to do—well more like I had other things to do—I had to go to work. Gran had been working with me almost every day for the past week and working on my powers, and my telepathy had revealed itself almost instantaneously. That seemed to be the easiest power to come to me, but the most frustrating to have to control.
Every day when I was at work, I dealt with the thoughts of all of those around me. It was difficult to keep my focus when all of these thoughts would flood my head—what my ass looked like in my Merlotte's uniform, what the men imagined was underneath my clothes, and worst of all, Sam's desire for me. It was nothing perverse like the other men in the bar, but it was a longing, that I felt terrible about not being able to quench. I just didn't feel that way about him.
My only rock through the whole experience has been Eric. My Viking. My dreams had come more and more often, and he and I would sit down and compare to see if they were the same, and to see if any details were left out. To be honest, there wasn't much that was different. We were learning to live with it, and live with the fact that we are soul mates. We still don't know the prophecy that has been talked about, but we do know that this is the most powerful time that we have been together—this is the make it or break it time.
Tonight is Friday, and Eric ships out on Monday. As we lay in bed together, in post coital bliss, Eric looks at me with pain in his eyes.
"Sookie, I don't know what I'm going to do. I don't want to leave you here. My heart is screaming at me, it doesn't want me to go. Sookie I'm worried something is going to happen to one of us," he is looking at me with such pain in his eyes and I don't know what to say to make him feel better. So I say the first thing that comes to mind.
"Eric, I love you. I am in love with you. I will never let anything happen to us," I look into his eyes to get an idea of what his reaction is going to be.
Before I know what is happening, he has swept me up and has me laying on top of him. He is peppering kisses down my neck and chest. "Sookie, I love you, too. I am in love with you, too. And I swear by all things that I will never let anything happen to you, or us. I will come home to you. But I don't want to spoil our time together these next few days with you fretting about my safety."
I huff. "Eric, as usual you are correct. And I will show you just how much I love you in these next few days."
And with that, Eric showed me just how much he could lovemethat night.
EPOV
I can't bear the thought of leaving my Sookie in a mere three days. I love her so much it hurts, and everything that she is going through, she needs me now more than ever. But in the military, you can't just decide not to go to war one day. I can only hope the when her brother gets home, she can tell him everything, and lean on him when I cannot be there.
This past week has opened my eyes to many things that I was blind to before. I mean, I always felt like I was destined for more—but this is beyond my highest expectations. I'm dating a fucking Faery. And I couldn't be happier about it.
She is my rock, and I am hers. I know that I can be strong through this deployment for her sake. I must be strong.
Saturday has come and we have a day planned. We are going to see a new movie that is showing in the theater and then we are going to go to dinner. I just hope we can make it through the day without having to bring up the inevitable subject.
If you asked me six months ago what I planned for the future, I would have said living and dying for my country, in the Corps. But now, I would say that my future is Sookie Stackhouse. We have a higher purpose, a calling of sorts. A destiny. And I am not willing to forsake that, even if I thought what I was doing was right all along.
I show up at Sookie's door at 7:00 that night to pick her up for the movie, and she is stunning. She has a black and white sundress on with a pair of red fuck-me heels. Her hair is cascading down her shoulders, and she has her sky blue eyes rimmed with a smoky colored make-up. On her face is a look of grim determination, and I know that is because she is determined to have a good time tonight.
"Sookie, you look absolutely stunning, min alskade," I say knowing that she'll understand the Swedish. I said that in one of the dreams that we shared, and the endearing term had stuck.
"Now, Mr. Northman, you don't have to say that if you don't mean it," she says with a wink. She must know that she looks good enough to eat. "But, if you insist, I'll take the compliment in stride."
We walk out the door to head out on our date. God, this woman is so fucking strong. She is my Valkyrie. She will harness this power within her, and we will vanquish all who wish to squelch our love. While I'm fighting one war, she will begin training for her own. But tonight, we will have fun like the two twenty-something year olds that we are.
I dip her down low into a kiss and whisper into her ear "We are going to have a wonderful time tonight, and I am going to ravage you like the Viking I am when we get home."
I can actually feel her blush. God, I love that blush on her. I chuckle as I open up her car door to let her in.
Gran POV
I watch as my granddaughter drives off with the Viking. She is so happy, I hope this time it works out for her. I have seen her die too many times, and do not think I could bear to watch it happen again.
While she is out of the house, I am able to shed the appearance of the old lady that I must wear when I am around her. I am a handmaiden of the goddess Freya, and she has sent me to watch over dear Sookie. Even though she is not really my blood, after thousands of years of raising her and teaching her, I have grown to love her as my own. I want good things for her.
As I walk into the attic, I see the abandoned box of pictures laying at the edge of the stairs. I sigh and walk over to it, knowing I should show it to Sookie at some point, knowing it will reinforce what I have already told her of her prophecy. She is still too young, yet, to know what it entails. There will be time for that.
However, she must know about the Cluviel Dor at some point. Her great grandfather left it for her, and each life time, I fail to tell her about it. But this time, I will. She may need the powers that it possesses. This time, she has been reborn at her most powerful yet. There will be forces at work to take her from the ones she loves, and the Cluviel Dor may just save her or her Viking's life.
I close my eyes and offer a quick prayer to the goddess. I ask her to watch over my Sookie and her Eric, and ask that she guide them in the direction they must head, for I do not know if I will be allowed to stay with her once the prophecy has been filled.
I tuck the Cluvel dor in my pocket and head back down the stairs to do some reading, resolving to show her the trinket when she returns tonight, and hopefully be able to show it to her with her Viking present.