True Blood/Southern Vampire Mysteries Fan Fiction ❯ Ooh Rah ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 8
A/N: Here's another chapter for the night, to get you all acquainted with the new story twist
EPOV
On my drive back to Shreveport all I could think about was what Sookie's Gran had to tell me. So, Sookie is a Faery. Whatever that is. And we have both lived multiple lifetimes. I mean, seriously—what the fuck? But she was so serious. And it's not as if Sookie was in on it. She's never even alluded to that little story.
And that whole thing about remembering in time? I wonder when that will be. I mean, yeah, I feel like I've known Sookie my entire life. There is a sense of comfort when I am with her—it doesn't feel like we had to go through the awkward first date stage.
I walk through the door of my house and throw my keys on the counter. I slump on to the couch, not knowing what to think. And why did she keep calling me "Viking"? Yeah, I've got Scandinavian ancestry, but how do you even now that your family goes back to the Vikings? So many fucking questions. I feel so alive now that I've found Sookie. I'm not willing to let something like this come between us.
I doze off on the couch and end up having a dream.
I am standing on a cliff overlooking the North Sea. I am 17 years old and about to go off on my first raid as grown Viking warrior. I recently received my arm band from the Earl and am excited to be invited on this raid. My father is a great warrior and my mother is a fierce shield maiden—the fiercest in the land from what I am told.
As I look off into the distance, I hear a voice behind me. She is saying my name. I know that voice. It belongs to the love of my life.
"EricÉ" my Sookie begins. But she is unable to finish, because she is crying.
I turn around and see her. She has the clearest blue eyes—the color of the sky—with pale blonde hair and tan skin, not uncharacteristic for our people. I gather her into my arms, tucking her head under my chin. She is so small, but she is a fighter. She will be going on her own raid as a shield maiden. She is my Valkyrie. I love her.
"Eric, I don't know what I'll do if you don't come back. I don't think I'll be able to bear it."
"Min Alskade, do not talk as though there is no tomorrow. We will both come home, and we will marry and we will have sons and daughters," I tell her, trying to alleviate her fears.
I hate that she is going on the raid as well. But she must. Her mother and father are dead and she lives with her grandmother. Her brother died when she was younger, on his own raid, so she is the only one that can bring home a substantial amount of gold. Her grandmother farms, but it is not enough to support them.
"Eric I prayed to the goddess today. My life is in Freya's hands now. It does not do to question the Gods. But if you are to die tomorrow, I will gladly die with you. We will enter Valhalla together. And if am to die tomorrow, I will be your Valkyrie when you are to enter the feasting halls," she is being strong for my sake. She does not want me to worry about her unnecessarily.
We sail the next day and it is the last time I get to see my beloved. I am told when I get home that she did not survive, because she was helping a local woman, who was being raped by one of her clansmen. He was pissed she took his prize, so he killed her.
I wake up from the dream with a tear in my eye. I remember that moment like it was yesterday. I had killed the man.
Holy shit, this is real.
SPOV
After I wake up from my dream, I look at my clock. It is only 3:15. I pad into the kitchen to get a glass of water and process what just happened. Okay. First, there was Claudine. How in the world did I know her name? The most likely answer is that it was just a dream and I shouldn't think too hard about it.
I finish my water and go back to my room to go back to sleep.
=======================================0======================== ==============
I wake up the next morning at 10:00. When I go down the stairs, I smell the wonderful aroma of breakfast cooking. Mm. Gran must be in a good mood this morning.
"Hey Gran! How'd ya sleep?" I ask her with a smile. I just feel like it's going to be a great day.
"Good morning, dear. I slept fine. How about yourself?" she asks smiling at me slightly.
"I slept okay. I had a weird dream last night, though. Do we know anybody named Claudine?" I ask her, hoping that I'm being sly.
Gran exhales slowly. "Dear, I knew this time would come. It always does. She came to me a dream last night as well, letting me know that it was time to have the conversation."
She motions for me to sit down at the table, and I do. She brings the breakfast with her that she just made, and sets it down between us.
"My dear Sookie, you are of Faery descent. Not only that, you are ofroyalFaery descent. There are forces at work, honey, that were activated when you came in contact with your Eric."
"Does Jason know? Is Jason Faery, too? Why would you let him go if you knew this was coming? Gran I need him. And Eric will be leaving too!"
"Sookie. I need to talk to you about that. You have lived many times. You have lived and died, and then you have been reborn. The same has happened to Eric. But, my dear, every time you two find each other, one of you dies. Eric is always a warrior, and that is usually how he dies. It is vital for him tostay alive. I don't know how much longer fate will allow you both to come back," she says grimly.
"Gran, this is a lot to put on a person in a night. I don't know what to think right now," I say, panicking slightly.
"All you have to do right now is cherish your Viking. Love him, enjoy your time with him. When he is gone for his tour is when we will begin to harness your power and seeing where you stand. But for now, just love him. You may not have long with him."
And with that, Gran gets up and walks away, with tears in her eyes.