Twilight Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Caught In Between - Le meilleur des deux monde ❯ There's Something About Edward Part 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note- This is an Harry Potter/Twilight crossover. The reason it is posted as Harry Potter is because I don't know how to make it so it shows both cross overs and it takes place in the Potter universe anyway. Sorry for any confusion, please read on! Oh and eventually will contain slash! Don't like read anyway and skip the slashy goodness.

Summary - What if the Cullen’s hadn't met Bella in Forks Washington in 2005? What if instead they met her in Hogwarts school in 1972? How different would life had been if the Cullen’s were at war with the Marauders because of Remus, and Bella was caught in the middle? Chapter 2:

There's Something about Edward Pt. 1

Bella's POV

I ran as fast as I could to my first period class. I had woken up late and would have made it hadn't I gotten lost on the way. I stop short causing myself to trip and fall unceremoniously onto the floor, my books scattering every which way. "Damn it!." I complained softly under my breath as I felt my hands scrap against the floor.

"Are you alright?" came a musical but guarded voice from a couple feet away. I felt my cheeks blush crimson and leaned my head down allowing my hair to cover my feverish cheeks. I clumsily began to pick up my books from the floor, "I'm fine." I said in a slightly quivering voice, scowling at myself for my cowardice.

"Alright then." Edward said in a slight hostile voice, before walking briskly into the Potions classroom. I frowned, what's his problem? Pushing the thought from my mind I piled the rest of the books into a pile before picking myself up and making my way into the classroom myself.

"Ms. Swan you're late." Called the Potions Professor from his spot at his desk, I must have interrupted him in the middle of a lecture because everyone had their quills out and were jotting down the class rules.

"Sorry Professor Slughorn, I had gotten lost. One of the staircases moved and I wound up on the wrong side of the building."

Slughorn waved his hand dismissively, "It's fine Ms. Swan. Just make sure it doesn't happen again." Looking around for a moment I noticed that the only seat available was the one next to Edward.

I nodded my head thankfully to him and sat down next to Edward albeit slightly reluctantly, noticing when he pushed his chair as far away from me as possible. "Hey Bells, enjoy your adventure into the crypt?" Jacob asked jokingly from the seat in front of mine.

"Yeah it was amazing!" I whispered back sarcastically, "Though I have to say they could do with more human skulls and giant spiders, maybe some coffins. This place just isn't doing it for me."

Jacob snorted, shaking his head as he jotted down a few notes. "Coffins Bella really. What do you think that Hogwarts is housing a bunch of Vampires?"

"Well seeing as they house other dark creatures, I don’t see how a little vampire would make much difference."

"Oh haha." Muttered Jacob turning to look at me wearily, "In my opinion we have enough with just me and Remus we don't need anymore."

"True," I agreed. "They already have their hands full with just you two, imagine if they were to add a vampire into the mix?"

Jacob shook his head, "Dumbledore would never do that. He may be off his rocker but he would never let a blood thirsty vampire into the school."

"He let two blood thirsty werewolves into the school." I pointed out, shuddering as a slight wind passed by me. I heard the sound of a chair falling to the floor, and I looked up to see Edward standing up, his hands clutched into fists at his sides, looking as if he were trying very hard not to breathe. "Professor I feel sick." He said in a sort of strained voice, "I need to go to Madam Pomphrey."

Slughorn gave him a weird look, but gave him permission to go. "What was that about?" Whispered Jacob as he watched Edward quickly leave the room.

"I don’t know." I said to him, he sighed and turned to face the front again. But I'm going to find out.

I sighed as I carefully treaded the stairs that lead to the Great Hall, my thoughts were on Edward, and his weird behavior in Potions class. Why had be pushed chair to the far end of the table? Do I smell? I sniffed my hair, before shaking my head. That couldn't be it, my hair smelled like my vanilla wash, frowning I made my way over to my cousin and his friends. Careful not to knock into the throng of people surrounding me. My eyes searched the Great Hall, frowning when I didn't see Edward. That’s weird he's always one of the first in Hall. I caught sight of his sibling's and my frown deepened, he was never without any of his siblings unless they didn't have class.

"Are you Isabella Swan?" I turned and saw a baby faced brown haired boy.

"Bella." I corrected, "Can I help you?"

"Mike Newton." He introduced himself, "Actually I was wondering if you knew where the potions room was? I had class there last period but wind up getting lost instead."

"Oh, umm I guess I could show you next period, I have off." He grinned, "What a coincidence so do I."

Not particularly every first year does. "Alright, why don't we meet here after Lunch? I have to sit with my cousin and his friends today."

He looked slightly dejected, but agreed in the end. He plopped into a seat a few paces from where we had been standing. A girl with light brown hair, turned towards me, glared and turned back to her friends. Shaking my head I made my way towards my cousin once again. I wasn't looking in front of me and wind up crashing into a small boy with greasy looking black hair. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry I wasn't watching where I was going." I apologized, "Are you alright?" The boy glared at me before stalking to the Slytherin table.

I shook my head and sat with my cousin who was watching the exchange from a few people away. "Are you alight? You're not hurt are you?" he asked worriedly, grabbing my arms and face making sure that there was no damage.

I rolled my eyes, Sirius was completely overprotective of me, Remus, Regulus and our little cousin Nymphadora, almost to the point of insanity. "I'm fine, now can I please have my face back?"

"Oi Snivellus!" yelled Sirius across the hall. I turned and saw the boy freeze momentarily before looking up to glare at my cousin. "Why don't you watch where you are going next time, instead of trampling little kids?"

I blushed and put my head down, allowing my hair to cover my face. I blindly grabbed my cousin's sleeve and pulled him down, "You have to stop doing that." I said glaring at him through my hair. He grinned mischievously, but left the boy alone. I grabbed a sandwich from the platter in front of me and ate in silence for the rest of the period, not bothering to listen to my cousin and his friends banter. My thought's wandered to Edward once again, he wasn't a normal teenager anyone could see that. There was something about him, something that terrified me, but intrigued me at the same time.

I watch his siblings carefully, noting that once again neither touched the food on their plates. Maybe they were all on crash diets, not that any of them needed it. They all looked like models, even the big one Emmett. Before long the bell rang signaling the end of the lunch hour. The students that had class rushed out of their seats and hurried to their next period, the one's who didn't stayed and ate the rest of their meals. I finished off the rest of my sandwich and met up with Mike about ten minutes after the late bell had rung. "Are you ready to go?"

He nodded, shoving the rest of his sandwich in his mouth. Grabbing his books he motioned for me to lead the way. "It's not really hard to remember once you realize where you are going." I said, acting as if I had found my way to the class with out getting lost. Which everyone who was there knew that I didn't. A snort came from behind me and I turned to see a blonde hair girl and the one who had glared at me earlier, I remember the former from my first period. I believe her name was Lauren.

"Friends of yours?" I asked as we stopped to wait for them.

Mike sighed and nodded, putting his hands in his pockets, "Not really. I can't get rid of them, they won't let me alone."

I nodded and started to go down the stairs leading to the dungeons. "Potions are held in the dungeons. There are no windows so it is pretty dim and it's freezing. Professor Slughorn seems like a nice guy though." He nodded his head as we stopped in front of the Potions room, "You had better go in and explain what happened. I don't think he'll be as nice tomorrow if you don't."

He placed his hand on the door, and turned to me. "Umm would you mind coming in with me?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Sure why not?" he pulled the heavy door open and walked in slowly. The room was almost pitch dark and freezing.

"Ugh. He's not here, lets just come back later." Said the girl I believed to be Lauren.

"Yeah this place is giving me the creeps." Said the brown haired girl.

I rolled my eyes and slipped inside the deserted classroom, "I'll be right back I'll see if he's in." I walked through the classroom and up the stairs to his office door, readying myself to knock when I heard to voices coming from inside. Me being my curious self decided to listen rather then intrude.

"Professor I need to be transferred from you class." Came an urgent voice, a voice that I recognized immediately as Edward Cullen's.

"I'm not allowed to do that Mr. Cullen you have to stay with your house. There is absolutely nothing I am able to do about it."

"There has to be something." He said exasperated.

"I'm sorry to say that there isn't."

I decided that now might be a good time to walk in, pushing the door open I said. "Professor Mike Newton needs to speak with you. If you want I can tell him to come back."

"I see you can be of no help to me, thank you Professor." Edward briskly walked passed me and hurried out the door, a couple of seconds later Mike and his friends walked in.

"I'll be going now. I have to get to my next class." I practically ran from the office, wanting to see if I could catch up with Edward. No such luck though, he was nowhere in sight it was as if he had disappeared.

The rest of the day went by in a blur and finally it was time for bed. I closed the curtains tightly around my canopy and lit a small lantern so I could see. Grabbing my journal I started to write down the weird habits that Edward seemed to have. Edward

1. He and his family never eat.

2. He acted as if I had some contagious disease in potions class

3. He only talks to his siblings unless he is addressed directly.

4. He tried to change to another potions period -was it to get away from me?

I yawned and placed my journal under my pillow deciding to do more detective research in the morning, for now I needed to rest.

Unfortunately I never did get to rest because as soon as I was about to fall asleep Sirius, had jumped on my bed startling me awake. "Sirius you dill hole, how did you get in here?" I hissed sleepily, smashing him over the head with my pillow, "Get out! What could you possibly want at this time of night?"

"Bella get out of bed we have some serious - heh- exploring to do!"

I glared at him, "So go do it! Why do you need me there?"

"Because we already know where everything is. We show you and Reggie."

"You woke Reggie?"

"Yes and I got a black eye for my efforts. Look I promise that you will be in bed by three. You'll have a full five hours of sleep." I looked at my alarm clock, 10 O'clock glared at me in the darkness of the dormitory. "Who goes to bed at 9:30 anyway?"

"People who want a good nights rest." He gave me his famous puppy dog look and I shook my head, "Fine I'll go, but if I'm late to McGonagall's class it is you whose going to explain why."

"Fair enough." He said, "We had better get going now though, everyone's waiting for us in the boys dorm we have to use James' cloak because it's passed curfew."

"Really?" I said sarcastically, "I didn't notice." Throwing off my covers I followed Sirius out of the dorm and instead of walking down a step as per usual, I slid down the stairs, because Sirius had gone first causing it to transform.

The common room was still shockingly full, and we had to walk through at least twenty people just to get the boys' Dorm entrance that was only about 5 feet away. Even when we got through the entrance we still had to pass people in the stairwell to get to the Third Year dorm. Finally we made it into the dorms, and of course me being me wind up tripping over Regulus as I tried to get through the door.

"OW!" he complained under his breath, rubbing his back were I had accidentally kicked him.

"Sorry Reggie, are you alright?" I asked softly rubbing has back gently.

"I'd be better if I could sleep." He muttered crankily as he leaned against the wall, slightly farther away from where he had been a second ago. I nodded in agreement before turning to glare at the Marauder's.

"What is so important that you have to show us now and not at a decent hour of the day?"

James grabbed his invisibility cloak from his trunk and muttered some spell to make it grow big enough to fit about seven to eight people. Pushing up his glasses, James turned to me and said. "Under normal circumstances we would but seeing as the things we are about to show you aren't exactly things we are supposed to know. We thought it better if we did it at night rather in broad daylight with a thousand people around."

"Well lets get this over with. Oh might I add if I get detention you guys are going to pay dearly."

"We figured as much." Looking at his watch Sirius nodded and James threw the invisibility cloak over us. "All aboard! Next stop the Room of Requirement!"

To Be Continued...

AN: Hey readers! Sorry I took so long I was working on my other fic and such. (Not here on fan fiction . Net)

Review and let me know what you think.

Sayonara and many thanks,

Chandlur