Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Why The Clearwaters Will Never Imprint ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Obviously as my favourite character never got an imprint and repeatedly was heart-broken my name isn't Stephanie Meyer and I don't own the rights to the Twilight Saga books or Movie.
A/N - This fic borders heavily on the subject of incest, while they don't act on it, it does mention their desire for one another. If you don't like it don't read any further down.
The reason why the Clearwater's will never imprint
Everyone always assumed that they understood why Leah hated imprinting. Both packs and everyone else who knew about imprinting thought that Leah hated the imprint because of her history with Sam and Emily, or that she hated the dedication and near obsession that the imprint had with the imprintee, the lack of choice the shape shifter in question had.
They were wrong. Only one other person shared Leah's perspective on imprinting. Only one other wolf understood why Leah hated the imprint and the reason widely thought for the imprint.
That person understood because he shared those views, while she hid behind sarcasm and bitterness, he hid behind overwhelming optimism and enthusiasm. Both desperately hoping nobody picked up on their secret.
Leah and Seth had both imprinted, but on the worst possible candidates - each other.
Seth felt deeply ashamed of the attraction and affection he felt towards his sister. He knew that she had joined Jacob's pack for him, not only to protect him but to be close to him. He had left to avoid the horrid thoughts Sam had concerning his sister and the perverted thoughts the guys had when his imprint shifted in front of them.
Leah felt disgusted with herself for feeling anything other than sisterly love and pride for her baby brother. She hated the pull that said the he was the centre of her universe, even as she reveled in the joy of the imprint. At first Leah took comfort in the fact that the imprinter was whatever the imprintee needed, hence the relationships between Quil and Claire and Jacob and Nessie weren't as creepy as they could have been. When she found out that Seth had also imprinted on her she grew concerned but still all they felt for each other was sibling love. However after the Volturi left and Seth's eighteenth birthday had come and Embry, Quil and Jacob took Seth to a strip club, and as if the intense jealousy Leah felt at Seth getting a lap dance from some strange hooker in Seattle weren't enough, Seth's dreams reflected the new found sensations the dance had stirred.
Until now the needs that had influenced the way they felt about each other were those for an understanding ear and a protective elder sister, nothing that was out of the ordinary for the siblings.
Now Seth felt the desire to have someone close, as something more than he'd had before. He knew Leah had been holding herself back, repressing her need for a lover that she'd grown used to in Sam, protecting him and their secret. He detested himself for causing this change in their relationship, the growing craving he felt in the brief glances at her nude body as she shifted, the thrill he felt as he saw an answering lust flash through her eyes.
Seth knew that he had been the one that changed, although Leah had reassured him it was not his fault, that he was just growing up, catching up to the wolfish growth spurts that had hit him in his earlier teen years causing him to look like a grown man and not the teenage boy he was. Seth refused to believe this and still faulted his lack of restraint, arguing that Leah had been an adult for much longer than him and she had been able to curb her needs, and she had reason to long for them, she had better than an idea of what her life was missing. He had stormed off and locked himself in his room, not trusting his impulses when in the house alone with Leah, and refused patrol for a week until he could block his incestuous dreams from his thoughts long enough to run the border with Embry.