Twilight Fan Fiction / Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Why The Clearwaters Will Never Imprint ❯ Trials ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 2 - The trials of an older sibling
 
By the end of the day Leah was exhausted, she'd spent the day and half the night out with Jacob and Quil on patrol, Jake, having caught a whiff of a foreign bloodsucker out near the outskirts of Forks, had freaked out and doubled the patrol schedule. When she had final gotten home after following the burning scent halfway out of Washington* (check what state Forks is in) she'd changed into her nighty, flopped into bed and had been about to fall asleep when she heard a low sound from the room next door. Her eyes had snapped open and she sat up so fast her head spun for a moment. She sat bolt upright, feet dangling over the edge of the bed, listening for the barest hint of danger. After another low groan came from Seth's room, she dashed fast to his door, fearing an intruder attacking Seth or worse.
 
Standing at Seth's door, she opened the door slowly, checking for moving shadows in the light that seeped into Seth's room as the hall light pierced the dark. Instead of a stray leech as she had feared, the only person she saw in Seth's room was Seth himself, fast asleep and dreaming. Relieved at the lack of danger, she turned and raised her hand to close the door when her name fell rapturously from Seth's lips. In a second she had spun, watching stunned as Seth turned from his side onto his back, tangling the sheets around himself, the content of his dream and his body's state of excitement obvious. The pillar of light from the hall illuminating his now bucking figure as he now almost chanted her name. Her superhuman hearing picked up a muffled snore from her mother's room and panicked she leapt into the room, closing the door silently. Her eyes adjusted fast and she moved to stand over the bed and attempted to wake Seth up.
 
When she lit up the bedside lamp and the room flooded with light she'd nearly lost it. Her imprint had been sitting up, legs crossed and aroused, hair tussled and an adorable confused expression on his face that changed quickly to a sleepy smile when he recognized her. The irrepressible urge to lean down and kiss the sleep away hit her suddenly, so to cover, she snapped instead, causing him to bush at her calling attention to his sleep induced `friend'.
 
He'd apologized when she'd berated him for his sleep talking issues, and she felt the guilt and shame build up further behind her inner wall of restraint. Pushing her moral dilemma back, she offered to leave to ease the pain of the inappropriate imprint, even as she swallowed the bile that rose in her throat at the thought. Seth had acted fast, nearly throwing himself at her, grabbing her waist tight enough to break a human. Leah's heart raced as the heat from his arms and face warmed her stomach, and fighting the instinct to blush, she reassured him of her intent to stay. Her fingers had itched to run through his hair and when he said he loved her she couldn't help but reply before she retreated to the familiar persona of the big sister, insulting him lightly and shoving him back.
 
The persona became her shield early on in the imprint, her way of dealing with the need of a lover, becoming almost a mother to Seth, when he changed it became a way to hide what they were to those who knew them most, and a method to reign in his often impulsive gestures towards her when in public. He'd reach for her hand and she'd accuse him of being childish or scared, he'd compliment her like “you look nice today” and she'd respond sneeringly with something along the lines of “yeah, yeah, I know - usually I look like shite… get bent”. But it was all an act and just as much for her benefit as for Seth and the La Push - Forks community. Her way of distancing herself from another relationship doomed to fail. Still it had taken all of her will to bite back at him as he hopefully asked for a goodnight kiss, the pain of rebuking her imprint caused her to hiss out her desperate rejection. The pain of that action and the sight of an aroused Seth would have kept her up the rest of the night had she not been so exhausted she'd all but collapsed upon return to her room.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
Not what I wrote the first time around, but I like this better. The next chapter will have more dialogue and will be about Seth and Leah giving in to the imprint. There will be a lemony part and they will be with each other - whether they stay together and secret is still up in the air…