Twilight Fan Fiction ❯ Unmentioned Family ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don’t own the twilight series (twilight/new moon/eclipse/breaking dawn) or Inuyasha.

“_”-talking

‘_’-thoughts

Kagome P.O.V./w/ a mix of the Author’s P.O.V.

It was 4 am in the morning when she received the phone call from her father. “Bella’s real sick.” was the first thing he said to me. “What’s wrong with her?” I asked while raising myself from my bed to gather some clothes.
“She left for her honeymoon--” I cut him off. “Honeymoon? She got married and I wasn’t even invited?!” I asked him, more than upset. This was my little sister we were talking about!
“yes. She must have been too caught up in the moment.” was his pitiful excuse to cover that she had forgotten about me.

Depressing.

“She caught a disease and her husband’s family won’t let anyone see her. I don’t know if this is serious or not. They haven’t told me, or anyone anything. Please come home. Just in case.” I was enraged! How dare they not let father see Bella! They had no right to do this to our family. I sighed. “I’ll be there as soon as I can, father.” ‘and when I do, I’m going to whoop some ass for not letting you see her.’ she thought. I hung up, without saying goodbye. I hated saying goodbyes.

I quickly called Sesshoumaru and left a message saying I was using the private jet. The jet was mainly used for business, but I needed to get home as soon as possible. With the jet going as fast as it could, I would arrive at least an hour later.

You were probably wondering why I left him a message? Well, after spending 500 years together you tend to get close. The final battle wasn’t as bad as we thought it would be. All we needed to do was to join together without fighting. If we had known it was that easy we would’ve tried earlier, but then again, trying to get Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru, and Koga to get along is harder than it seems. Much harder, its still hard to get together with each other in an orderly fashion, without one person getting annoyed, but we all put up with each other none the less. I mean we are family.

Of course I don’t have to pay for a ticket, since I’m using a private jet. If I was any other person it would be one hell of a price. Just imagine how much a plane ticket from Tokyo, Japan to Seattle, Washington would cost! But to me, money is nothing. Especially when you’re 520 years old. Just thinking about it made her miss the past. How she missed the old days, running around together, having fun, becoming adopted into 2 different demon classes. Yup, you heard right. She was adopted into both Sesshoumaru and Koga’s family as a sister, making her half-dog/half-wolf demon with a percent or 2 of human miko blood.

Lately everything has been a drag, but now there’s something to keep her “entertained” you could say. She’d been on planes many of times for business, being co-owner of Taisho corp. She sighed again and thought of her younger sister. She was supposed to be around 2 years younger than herself in her human age. She had shoulder length hair but that probably changed since the last time she saw her. Kagome closed her eyes and drifted off back to sleep.

-----------

Waking up to the jolt of the jet landing, Kagome gathered her bags and exited the jet. Making sure she had all her bags, she then headed to rent a car. The car she rented was something you wouldn’t have expected an airport to have around, a black corvette. ‘Probably for the richer, first class, “important people”’ she thought. As soon as the paper work was finished, Kagome quickly left for Forks. It was 5 a.m. (A/N: I’m not lookin’ up time zones and changing’ the time. It can stay the same for all I care)
She revved the engine just to wake up and piss off all the people who were sleeping. If they had a life they would be waking up soon anyways.

‘Ha ha! Now, lets see how fast this baby will go!’ she thought laughing in delight. The car handled with ease, making every twist and turn feel like you were still on a straight away. Kagome started to slow down once she made it to Forks, trying not to wake up anyone there and make her father upset with her.

The sun was starting to come out and the birds had started chirping by now. Driving down the familiar road to her old home, she cut the engine and rolled into the driveway. Exiting the car, she walked up to the door and tested the door handle. It was locked, just like she thought it would be. Searching under the mat and in the mail slot, she found the spare key.

“Father was never good in the kitchen, I doubt he’ll have any food in the fridge.” she spoke quietly as she removed her shoes and snuck into the kitchen. Opening the fridge, she was shocked to find that there was food in there! Grabbing some eggs, she began to make her father some breakfast.

----------

Charlie awoke to the smell of eggs floating in the air. Rushing downstairs to see who invaded his home while he was asleep, he camp upon his eldest daughter setting a plate and cup of coffee on the table. Turning towards him, she smiled. It had been years since he had last saw her. She was taller now, at least 5”9’ or 6”0’ feet tall. Her dark hair was now down to her elbows, with her bangs framing her face ending at her chin. Then it hit him. He had just talked to her on the phone last night, while she was in Japan.

‘That was fast. She said she would be here as soon as she could, but I didn’t expect her to get here so soon’ Charlie thought. Deciding to get some answers, he asked, “How did you get here so fast?”

“By plane.” she stated while dragging him to the table and sitting him down in front of the food. “You know what I mean. There is no way an original plane from Tokyo, Japan to Seattle, Washington could arrive so fast. So I’ll ask again, how did you get here so fast?” Charlie said with a tone full of authority.

Kagome mentally giggled, thinking of how Charlie would react when he found out exactly who she was in Japan. “Fine, if you must know, I took a private jet.” she said slowly, as if to draw out the answer.

“A private….jet? How did you get the money to pay for it? It must have cost thousands, no millions of dollars!” Charlie exclaimed. Now he was curious. How could she have gotten so much money for a private jet? The look on her father’s face made her laugh aloud. “Father, I’m co-owner of a very wealthy and famous company. Money for a private jet is nothing in comparison to what I make.” Kagome explained.

A knock at the door interrupted their conversation. Making her father sit down and finish his meal, she went and answered the door. She wasn’t expecting a tall-- very tall, boy. He was about as tall a Sesshoumaru. He spoke first. “Is….uh, Charlie home?” he asked

Kagome blinked before leaning back into the house and yelling, “Dad! Some cute guy is here to see you!” Leaning back out of the house, she stuck her hand out to the male in front of her to shake. He looked at her hand then back to her face. Grabbing it gently, knowing if he used too much strength he could hurt her.

“Hi! My name’s Kagome!” she said.

‘Kagome. Different, but nice. What’s her last name? Is it Swan, since she called Charlie “Dad”?’ he thought. Noticing that she was waiting to hear his name in return, he said, “Jacob Black.”

She smiled.

She remembered the Black’s barely, but she had never met him before. “Are you the youngest? I remember Billy having two daughters but not a son.” she told him.

“Yeah, but they’ve already up and moved away now.” Jacob said

Charlie cleared his throat, catching their attention. He was staring at something and Kagome wasn’t sure on what it was. Her right hand was oddly warm as her left was cool. Looking at the warmer hand, she noticed her hand was still in Jacob’s. Blushing, she pulled her hand away, now knowing what her father was looking at.

Jacob grinned.

“Hey, Charlie, do you think we could talk outside a little bit?” Jacob asked

“Yeah, what do you need Jake?” Charlie asked

“Alone, please.” he said, looking at Kagome

Kagome, understanding what he meant, went back into the house shutting the door behind her. Going to the window, she watched as everything unfolded. She heard and saw everything Jacob did or said to her father.

One little thing he did though, pissed her off big time.