Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ May the Outcasts Unite! ❯ I Don't Need Anyone ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

"Tyler! I'm not going to tell you again! Hurry up before you miss the bus!!" The blond haired mother shouted. She huffed in frustration when her youngest daughter, Tyler, shouted back, "I'm not stupid mom! I mean, clocks weren't invented to tell time for nothing and for your info, I still have twenty minutes! Also," Suddenly a slender girl appeared in the kitchen.

She paused long enough to snatch a green apple from the fruit bowl and grab her black backpack before continuing, "if you would pay attention to `Little Tyler' more than you do `Beautiful Brittany or `Amazing Amanda' you would know that `I' don't ride the bus,"

Tyler gave her mother a smug smile before stepping out into the quiet halls and slamming the door. Shaking her head, she slung the backpack onto her small shoulders and took the apartment stairs down.

Tyler was a young girl who had jus turned eighteen. She lived with her family, excluding her father, in a rather decent apartment. Her two sisters, Brittany and Amanda, were already at work. While they had jobs she had school, but what no one knows is that she walks right past the building.

Brittany, now twenty-one, is Tyler's oldest sister. She was the one with the looks. Amanda, soon to be twenty-one, was with the brains. Although she could never match up with Brittany's stunning features, Amanda was still pretty. Amanda was the one who brought home the straight A's. Brittany, on the other hand, preferred to go on dates, hang out at the movies with her friends, and go on shopping sprees than sit in her room and study for a major exam. In the end though, Brittany still ended up with good grades on her report cards.

The teenager closed the door to the main entrance of the apartment and walked down the steps and onto the deserted sidewalks. It was slightly chilly out and the wind didn't make it any better. To block out all distractions, Tyler slid her CD player into her jacket pocket and slipped on her headphones. Almost immediately after pressing the play button the hardcore song "Voices", by Disturbed: The Sickness, blasted into her ears, drowning out all the sounds around her.

Unlike her fantastic sisters, she was the complete opposite of the both of them. Unlike Brittany, Tyler had normal, ever day looks if you made an exception on the thin scar that began at the middle of her left cheek, stretched along her jaw, and stopped at her chin.

Unlike Amanda, Tyler always brought home a low C or F in something, mostly math. And unlike the both of them combined, she got little attention from her mother, has not one friend to talk or gossip with, and was considered a complete outcast.

People couldn't place her in the Goth group because she didn't dress or act like one or in the Punk group because she wasn't into skating or mild rock music. All in all, the girl was a loner and made it her personal decision that she needed absolutely no one.

+++++++

That's it for now…I'll be up with the second chpt as soon as I can! ^^