Vampire Hunter D Fan Fiction ❯ May the Outcasts Unite! ❯ Phenomenon ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Tyler sat quietly on the curb of an abandoned street. Trees and grass and other vegetation took over everything, covering any object that had been sitting in the same place for a while. She always came here to sit and think in peace. It was the only thing she had in life that made her feel at ease.

The wind teased her hair as it blew gently around her and through the trees behind her. She stopped her music and slipped off the headphones and stared at the calm scenery before her. Her mom thought she went to school and the school thought she had come down with a major illness and was at home.

She hated school, the kids there, the teachers, the work they made them do, the bullies, the name-callings, even the lunch food. As long as nobody knew about this place, she was fine and would keep visiting everyday and would stay as long as she wanted.

She lifted her hand and placed the apple on all five fingertips, staring at the fruit and mumbled, "Sometimes I wish Mom never sent Dad away. He didn't do anything wrong, she's the one that should have been sent away. Maybe life would have been so much easier on me. But some people can't get everything they want I guess . . ."

A growl of thunder made itself known in the distance. Tyler lifted her head and stared at the dark clouds that were rolling across the sky, blocking out the warmth of the sun. The once gentle breezes turned into huge gusts of wind and whipped at her and the plants around her.

Tyler let out a hiss of irritation as she placed her CD player and the apple in her backpack, knowing they would get wet from the rain that threatened to fall.

"Oh, well this is nice. Just peachy! Even the weather has something unknown against me. Can it get any worse?" Suddenly, a bolt of lightening zigzagged through the air, striking a tree that happened to be uncomfortably close by.

"Holy crap!" she squeaked, jumping up only to trip and fall. She turned over and watched as the tree went up in flames. She looked up and watched jagged white bolts of electricity leap from one cloud to another.

A first splatter of water hit her in the nose, soon followed by another then another. The rain came down hard and fast, wind whipping and howling along with the booms of thunder.

Tyler groaned and got up, wiping the dirt off of her jeans. She shrugged on her backpack and headed back to her house. It was past school hours so she was safe from any questions her mother might ask out of curiosity or suspicion.

She walked with her head down and her hands in her front pockets, not caring that she was walking out in the rain when she could be walking under the roofs of the stores and buildings. The rain was soaking her, water dripping from the ends of her hair and nose, but she acted as if she didn't notice.

She was too busy trying to predict the next wave of thunder when she passed up a dark alleyway. Two pairs of big hands shot out and clapped around her mouth and arms and, yanking her into the darkness, away from any prying eye.

Tyler yelped when she was thrown against the wall at the very back of the alley. Her breath came out in a low hiss when it passed her clenched teeth. She looked up and sneered at three men that stood before her with satisfied smirks.

"What the hell you want?!" she growled. The man with a bat in is hand stepped up to her and grabbed the front of her shirt and shoved her hard into the wall again.

"Me and my boys were really bored and you suddenly came by. We all thought you might liked to play with us. How 'bout it, girlie?" Tyler kept her pissed off expression, but deep down she was terrified.

"Actually, I'd love to play. Let's play tag," she swung her knee up high, connecting hard with the man's stomach, "Tag! You're it!"

Tyler shoved the man away and ran towards the other two. One got in front of her and went to grab her when she made a baseball move and slid under his legs. She got up quickly and ran out into the open, the rain making her slip and stumble a few times.

She turned around and found that the men weren't following her. She sighed and turned and started out into the road, trying to get her breathing in control.

Suddenly a car's horn blared from a short distance. Tyler's eyes widened as a black Ford neared. She couldn't find the energy to move out of the way. Above her, the lightening bolts jumped around in the dark clouds. Just as the truck was about to hit Tyler, a huge bolt of lightening slammed into the ground and danced around her followed by two more bolts.

The truck skidded to a halt as the rain came down harder. People that were on the streets started whispering to each other in shocked and panic-stricken voices. The man in the Ford stepped out and lifted his shades on to his head.

"What the hell just happened?" he mumbled, staring at where Tyler had just been standing. Instead, there was a smoking, jagged circle engraved deeply in the road. Nothing else was there.

+++

I lost my plot for this fic so I made up a new one. ^^ Also, Colt dancer or whatever, if you really dun like this fic then dun tell me cause I don't care, though I will have to burst your little bubble about how this fic is gunna turn out.

It won't be a self-insertion cause I already have a fic with me in it, of course it's a 2003 type setting. Duh, but you haven't seen the rest of the chpt, so until I see some of your writing, I suggest you shove off and go back to the island you came from. ^^