Vampire Princess Miyu Fan Fiction ❯ A Heart that is Cold ❯ Trust ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: I do not own the charecters in Vampire Princess Miyu. I am only using them for this fanfic. Please do not sue me.

Hi Everybody!!! Okay...an important acknowledgement to a nice person name Rociellac. As most of you know, I am not that good with my grammar. However, Rociellac is nice enough to take some of her summer time to provide a better, corrected chapter for all of you to read. She also corrected some of the wordings and some of the sentences are written by her because I kind of left out some information and wording. Hehehe. If you have some time, I will really appreciate it if you can thank her for her effort and her kindness. Thanks Rociellac!!! I also like to thank everyone who read this fic. If you have any constructive criticism or any comment, I will really appreciate them because I want to improve my writing. Thank you everyone and I hope you will enjoy this chapter.



Trust

"Stop in the name of the law!" Larva cursed under his breath as he continued to chase the suspect. He looked back to find Miyu catching up with him. "They never do listen, do they," he asked Miyu when she finally caught up. The suspect turned around and pulled out his gun. "Watch out!" Larva pushed her behind some crates when two bullets flew toward their direction. He looked up from the crates to find the suspect running to the end of the dock. They quickly got up to their feet and resumed the chase. To their frustration, the suspect had already jumped into a jet boat by the time they reached there. He turned around and waved them a cocky goodbye before he turned back to the steering wheel. Larva looked around him to find two jet boats and a jet ski lying around there. Miyu had already jumped onto the jet ski when Larva pulled her off of it and pushed her into one of the jet boats. She flushed in anger when he jumped into the jet ski and drove off.

"LARVA!" she shouted out his name in frustration. Miyu furiously searched for the key to the boat in the dark. She finally found it when a beam of moonlight gleamed on it. She jammed the key into the keyhole and started up the engine. "Larva, just what do you think you are doing…" she muttered with a frown as she sped off toward them. She flicked on the headlights on the jet boat and twitched them towards the target boat. She could see Larva closing in on the suspect as he increased his speed. The suspect cursed and took out his gun. He fired two shots at Larva. Larva swerved to his right and ducked behind the dashboard just in time when one of the bullets brushed past his head. "He's using himself as the bait," thought Miyu. She increased her speed into full gear when the suspect fired two more shots in Larva's direction before he settled down to reload. When the suspect had finished reloading his gun, he turned to Miyu's direction and fired at her. His shot was wild because the glare from the headlights prevented him from seeing her.

When Larva saw the suspect firing at Miyu, he took out his gun and fired at the suspect. The suspect ducked behind the seat when two bullets hit the wheel and dashboard. He stood up and aimed his gun at Larva. Miyu took out her gun at the same time and pointed it at the suspect. With cool demeanour and great accuracy, she fired a bullet straight through the suspect's arm. He dropped his gun immediately when the bullet ripped through his upper arm. Larva and Miyu watched him as he dropped down on the floor in pain. Within a few seconds, Larva had reached the boat and hopped right in there. His eyes narrowed with coldness when the suspect made a grab for his gun. "I wouldn't move if I were you," said Larva with his gun pointed right at the suspect's head. "You don't want this to go off, do you?" Larva smiled when the suspect cursed and withdrew his hand back. Without taking his eye away from the suspect, Larva reached for the gear and decreased the speed of the boat. He turned off the boat just when Miyu arrived there.

"How is he," asked Miyu when she stopped her boat next to them. Larva handcuffed the suspect and dragged him to his feet. When the suspect struggled in his grip, Larva frowned and knocked him out by delivering a chopping blow on the back of his neck.

"He's fine," Larva answered. He tossed the man lightly into Miyu's boat and then hopped on to it himself. "His control panel has been destroyed. You'd have to be the driver this time." He walked up next to her and sat down on one of the seats. Although it was not that noticeable in the dark, Miyu could have sworn he was limping. She knelt down next to his right leg and touched his leg softly. "What are you doing," Larva asked uneasily as he quickly pulled his leg away from her. To his surprise, she grabbed on to his leg and pulled it towards her. When he tried to protest, she pulled the end of his pants upwards to expose his injured leg. "Miyu!"

"Be quiet, Larva," said Miyu as she inspected his leg. "Now is not the time to be modest." She grabbed the end of her shirt and ripped off a long strip of cloth. "It's just a scratch." She tenderly wrapped the piece of cloth around his wound and pulled back the leg of his pants downwards when she was done.

"Thank you," Larva said softly. Miyu nodded her head and turned around to drive them back to the dock. "How is Ranka holding up?"

"She was rounding up the rest of the guys when this one decided to make us chase after him," she replied.

"I guess this raid is a success, right Miyu?" he asked. She gave him a little smile before she turned to steer them back to the dock.

******

"Shame on you!" Everyone in the drug department turned to look at Ichiro when he slammed a pile of files down on his desk and made that remark. Ranka, who just happened to be in the direction where he was throwing that remark at, raised her eyebrows and pointed at herself.

"Who? Me?"

"No, not you," said Ichiro. He pointed his finger at the target couple who were oblivious to the current situation as they discussed yesterday's raid. "I meant them!" Larva finally looked up to locate the source of the noise and tapped Miyu on her shoulder when he did so. They smiled at Ichiro as he glared at them. "Shame on you, Miyu. Even with your new partner you still manage to cause us so much trouble." He turned to glare at the huge pile of paperwork on his desk. He growled when he noticed another similar pile on the other side of his desk. "And shame on you too, Larva! Can't you stick to the rules yourself? You are just as bad as Miyu!" He plopped down on his desk and opened up one of the files. "It will take a month to finish all of these paper works and it is all because of you guys! Why do I have to suffer the paper work because of something you guys did?!"

"I'm sorry," said Miyu as she walked up to his desk. She smiled at him when he looked up and frowned at her.

"I hate it when you said that," Ichiro grumbled. "And cut it off with your smile! It is so annoying." He turned around and pointed his pencil at Larva. "You too! Your smile is as annoying as Miyu's! Damn it! What has she done to you?!"

"She became my partner," Larva simply answered. Before Ichiro could say anything, Van opened the door to his office and summoned Miyu and Larva into his room.

Van sat down on his chair when the two of them walked into his office. Like always, Miyu sat down on the chair that was right across Van and Larva stood near the doorway. "Damn it," thought Van as he looked at those two. "First it was Miyu who caused me all the headache. Now I have Larva in addition to her." He fiddled with the file on his desk while he continued to think to himself. "These two are just one of a kind." He sighed and tossed the file to Miyu. She took it and opened it. Larva walked up next to her, and they observed the contents in the file. After a few minutes of silence, Larva and Miyu finally closed the file and put it on the table.

"So?"

Van sighed and turned to look at Miyu with annoyance. "What do you mean, 'so'? Eric Fenser, the guy that you caught yesterday night, killed someone in Los Angeles and they want us to escort him back to the LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department)."

"And you want us to be the ones to escort him there," said Larva.

"Not me," Van quickly answered when he saw the dangerous smile on Miyu's face. "The LAPD requested for the two of you. Since you were the one that caught him, they wanted you to escort him back to LA as well. Our head has already approved of this arrangement. I am just here to inform you."

"So that is the plan," said Miyu as she stood up. "I guess we have no choice, right Larva?" Larva nodded his head and turned to address Van.

"When do we leave?"

"As soon as possible. Just tell me when you guys can leave so that I can excuse you guys for your absence." Miyu nodded her head and looked at Larva.

"I only need one day."

"Me too," answered Larva.

"I'll give you guys a week to get ready," said Van. Taking that as a dismissal, Larva and Miyu turned to walk out of the room. Van sighed when the two of them were out of his office. "Thank god Miyu didn't gave me the third degree. Come to think of it, she is more open now. Maybe Larva is affecting her. If that is the case, that is good." He looked at his desk and frowned again when he saw the pile of paper work on his desk. "I just hope he would do it in a better way." He opened one of the files and quickly closed it in frustration. Grabbing the pile of paperwork, he walked out of his office.

"What was that," asked Miyu. She was about to step into the elevator when she heard a scream. Larva smiled at her and pushed her into the elevator.

"Don't worry," said Larva. "It's just Van giving Ichiro some more things to do."

One Week Later...On the airplane

"Larva," called Miyu. Larva closed the book he was reading and turned to look at her. Wrapped up in her blanket, she closed her eyes and snuggled deeper into her chair. They had been flying for four hours now and boredom had finally caused her to feel sleepy while Larva entertained himself with his book.

"What is it Miyu," he asked softly.

"Are you going back to someone?" Larva looked startled for a moment before he answered her question.

"I don't know." He tucked his book away and took out his blanket. "They are waiting for me but...I don't know if I am ready to see them yet. Why did you ask that question, Miyu?" For a moment, Larva thought she had fallen asleep because she did not answer him right away. When she finally did, her answer gave him a little shock.

"Because someone is waiting for me." she murmured.

"Someone is waiting for her," pondered Larva. He looked at her as she slipped off to dream land. "Who can that be?" he wondered. He sighed as he snuggled under his own blanket and settled down to think over their recent conversation. Miyu and him hardly talked about their families. Although they were partners, there were still things they were not willing to share. He looked at her and smiled. "I guess we are afraid of getting personal." When Miyu asked him if he was going back to someone, Larva was shocked because it was the first time she ever shown any interest in his personal life. What shocked him more was that she told him that she had someone to go back to. "Are you breaking my barriers, Miyu?" As he wondered about that question, Miyu's head lightly fell down on his shoulder. Without thinking, he slipped his arm around her shoulder and pulled her near him. He lightly laid his head on top of hers and tucked his blanket around them. "Am I breaking yours, Miyu?" In a few minutes, he drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

LA Airport

"Miyu!" Miyu and Larva turned around to find a young man running toward them. His long black hair was tied back with a dark purple ribbon leaving only two long strands of hair framing the side of his face. His reddish-brown eyes shone with delight, surprise, and a slight trace of worry as he approached them. His handsome face lighted up into a smile when he reached them.

"Hi, Nagi," greeted Miyu. To Larva's surprise, she smiled warmly at Nagi when he gave her a brief hug. "How is Yui?" She shivered and pulled her black jacket tighter around her.

"Yui is doing fine," Nagi answered as he took off his long blue coat and gave it to Miyu. She refused to take it. "You should have been wearing more clothes. Although it doesn't snow in LA, it does tend to be a little bit chilly around the end of September, especially when it is nighttime," he added.

"I'm fine," said Miyu. She turned to look at Larva. "Nagi, this is Larva. Larva, this is Nagi." The two men took each other's hand and shook it. "Larva is my partner," Miyu explained. Nagi raised his eyebrows in surprise and smiled at Larva.

"How did you get her to be your partner?"

"We were assigned to pair up." Larva simply replied. He eyed the young man standing before him. "I think I know you. Aren't you the head of the homicidal department in LAPD?"

Nagi looked at Larva before he answered. "Yes, I am. Your name sounds familiar too. Larva...Larva." He clicked his fingers and smiled at Larva. "Larva West! Yes, I remember now. You were the top cop in the drug department. I heard that you disappeared one year ago when you broke up a huge drug ring in LA."

"Yes," Larva replied. "I went to Japan, and I became Miyu's partner." Nagi nodded his head and patted Miyu on her shoulder.

"So what brings you here?"

"The same thing that brings you here," Miyu replied. She nodded her head towards Eric's direction. Already, two policemen were holding him in custody. Eric glared at them before he was pulled away.

"So you were the ones who caught him," Nagi said with a smile. "Why am I not surprised?" He hugged Miyu once more before he turned to leave. "I will tell Yui that you are here. Come and visit us as soon as you have time."

"I will," called out Miyu. They watched him until Nagi got into his police car and drove off. "Shall we get our baggage?" Larva nodded his head and they proceeded to grab their own duffle bags that held their belongings.

Larva did not asked her any questions even though he was rather curious about her relationship with Nagi. They walked outside the airport and waited for a taxi to appear. As he was waiting there with Miyu, his mind was trying to gather as much information he could remember about Nagi and deduced their relationship. Unaware to him, Miyu was observing him from the corner of her eyes. She giggled when Larva started to frown. "What's so funny," Larva asked.

"Your expression," Miyu simply replied. "I have a sister Larva. Her name is Yui. Nagi is her boyfriend." She smiled at Larva while he stood there in shock. "I've known him since I was very small. In someway, he is like an older brother to me."

Larva nodded his head slowly. "Why are you telling me this?" he asked in a soft tone.

Miyu looked at him seriously before she answered him. "Because you are my partner. You have the right to know."

"I have the right to know whatever you want to tell me, Miyu," thought Larva. "and there is still something that you are hiding from me." He stretched out his hand and waved down a taxi. "Just as I am hiding something from you." He opened the door for her and helped her put the luggage in the back of the trunk. When they were in the car, Larva gave the driver the address to the hotel that Miyu was staying in. For the rest of the ride, they sat there in silence. Once they reached the hotel, Miyu paid for the trip and went to grab her baggage. Before she left, she turned to Larva.

"I'll see you tomorrow morning," said Miyu. "Call me when you get over here."

"I will," said Larva. He waved goodbye to her as she walked into the hotel. Larva turned to the driver and gave the driver his own address. Within an hour, the taxi stopped in front of Larva's house. Larva picked up his bag and paid the driver before he walked up to the door. He opened the front gate and looked at his front garden. In the garden was a bunch of beautiful rose bushes. Larva walked up to them and touched them tenderly. He looked at his beautiful two-story house and smiled when he noticed that someone had been taking care of it while he was gone. The windows were shining clean and the ivory paint was still in good condition. Larva reached for his key and opened the front door. He dropped his bag on the floor once he stepped inside. Closing the door behind him, he switched on the light and looked around his living-room. "I'm home," thought Larva when he walked past the sofa. There was nothing in the living room except a television, VCR, a bookcase that was filled with books, and a set of sofa. He walked up the staircase and opened the door to his bedroom. He smiled when he saw that his bed had been made. He changed into a sweater and sweatpants before he plopped down on his bed. He set the alarm clock before he drifted off to sleep.

Miyu, on the other hand, was just getting out of the shower and preparing to go to bed. She paused by the telephone and decided to give her sister a call.

A girl, approximately fifteen years old, was sitting near the telephone when it rang. Her long brown hair that cascaded around her beautiful face swayed as she turned to look at the phone. Her long slender hand picked up the phone and placed it on her ear. "Hello," she said.

"Hi Yui." The girl jumped up in excitement as she clutched the phone in her hand.

"Miyu! Is that you?"

"Yes, Yui. Long time no see."

"I know, Miyu." Yui sits down on her sofa and a gentle smile was shown on her face. "How are you doing, sister? I miss you."

"I'm doing fine," Miyu simply replied. Though Miyu didn't return back the same sentiment verbally, Yui understood her. "I'm in LA."

"I know," said Yui. "Nagi just called me. I was waiting for your phone call. How long are you going to be here?"

"About a week. Do you want to meet tomorrow afternoon?"

"Yes, of course," said Yui. "Where can I meet you?"

"I will come to your apartment," said Miyu. "How about two o'clock?"

"Okay," said Yui. "I'm free at that time. I miss you, sister."

"I'll see you, Yui."

"I love you, Miyu." Yui sighed sadly when she heard a click and the following steady dial tone. "Good night, Miyu."

Next Morning

Larva pulled on his long black coat over his royal blue shirt as he prepared to meet Miyu at the hotel. He grabbed his key and wallet before he exited his house. He opened his garage and jumped on to his motorcycle. After a forty-five-minutes drive, he arrived at the hotel around nine. He walked up to the front desk and talked to one of the receptionists. "Would you please put a call through to Miss. Yamano? She should be in room 476."

"Your name, sir?"

"Larva." The receptionist picked up the phone and dialed to Miyu's room. In two rings, Miyu picked up the phone. Larva took the receiver from the attendant and told Miyu that he would be waiting for her in the hotel's café that was located near the lounge. Larva hung up the phone and walked into the café. The waiter took him to one of the tables that were located by the window. He dismissed the waiter and looked outside the window while sitting in one of the cushion seats. He scanned the streets without really concentrating on any object. He picked up a spoon unconsciously. He was twirling it in his hand when someone whispered to him from behind.

"I wouldn't move if I were you, Larva." Larva sat very still and looked straight ahead of him. His beautiful red eyes narrowed and his face displayed a serious expression.

"Hi, Amy," Larva said in a cool low voice. The man was startled when Larva called out his name correctly. His short yellowish green hair swayed when he turned to look at Larva.

"I'm surprised, Larva. You still remember me. That was stupid of you to sit next to me when you know who I am."

"I did not sit down next to you on purpose. I just recognized your voice," said Larva. "What do you want?"

"Tsk..tsk," said Amy. "I heard you did Night Gai in. Impressive, I must say." He frowned when Larva attempted to turn to look at him. "I wouldn't move if I were you, Larva. I got my gun pointed right at your back. If you don't want to die, don't move. You know I will shoot at public places so don't even think I wouldn't dare to do anything drastic."

"What do you want?"

"Always the same old question." Amy smiled as he settled down on his seat (his chair and Larva's were connected back to back). "Don't worry, Larva. We are not after you. You are just merely the bait."

"A bait?" His body stiffened at the remark and he prayed silently that his worst nightmare would not come true.

"Yes, a bait," said Amy. His smile became wider when the object of his desire walked out of the elevator. She was wearing a black jacket and a dark blue turtleneck underneath it. "That is our prize." Larva turned a little bit paled when he realized that Miyu had become their target. "Wave to her and don't make any stupid move."

Miyu walked into the café and found Larva sitting near one of the windows. As she walked toward him, Larva started to play with his spoon. Although it was not apparent to other people, Miyu noticed the warning signal that Larva was sending her. "Long, short, short, pause, short, long, pause, long, short, long, long, short, pause, short, pause, short, long, and short." The gleams from the spoon flashed so fast that any untrained eyes would not be able to catch what Larva was signalling. However, Miyu knew. Larva had just used Morse code to signal her a warning. "Danger," thought Miyu. She stopped where she was and patted on her jacket. She pretended that she had forgotten her wallet and turned to walk away. However, she had only taken no more than two steps when a woman who was sitting on a chair near her called out to her in a low tone.

"I wouldn't suggest walking out like that," said the lady. Her long green hair was placed neatly behind her back. In one of her hands, she was holding a cup of coffee. The other one is hidden underneath the white coat she was wearing. She took a sip of her coffee and addresses Miyu in a soft tone that only they could hear. "You might not have noticed but my partner has his gun pointing right at Larva's back. You are the one that we want, not him. If you don't care about Larva's life, then go ahead and walk away." Miyu slowly reached her hand into her jacket and took out her wallet.

"So that is where it is," she muttered in a sarcastic tone. She turned around and looked at Larva. He frowned when she started to walk towards him. Their eyes never left each other's. In Miyu's eyes was grime determination, and worry clouded Larva's eyes.

"Miyu," he called out her name softly. She gave him a little smile when she sat down opposite to him.

"I'm sorry," she whispered as she lightly laid her hand on top of his. Larva looked at her hand sadly.

"We'll face it together," Larva said softly. She was about to take her hand away from him, but, to her surprise, he turned his hand upward and took her hand in his. "You're my partner, Miyu." He smiled at her. "Don't think otherwise." Just then, Amy stood up from his seat and turned to look at them. The woman with the long green hair stood up from her table and walked towards Larva's table.

"Hi, Larva," greeted the lady with long green hair. "How are you doing?"

"None of your business, Water Lipper," Larva replied coldly.

"What is the matter," asked Amy in a teasing tone. "Don't you miss your old friends?"

"Old friends," Mimi mummured.

"Yes, old friend," said Amy. His eyes shone with amusement when he saw the questioning look Miyu gave Larva. "And who is this pretty little girl?"

Miyu gave them an annoying smile. Her eyes shone with amusement. "Why Larva," she said in an idly mood. "Your friends are quite funny, aren't they? They don't think."

"You're absolutely right," Larva replied. "Why ask such a stupid question when they already knew the answer?" They ignored the glare that Amy and Water Lipper directed at them.

"Very good," said Amy in a dangerous tone. He slipped into a seat next to Larva. "I can see why you two became partners." When Miyu tried to move away from Water Lipper, Amy stopped her. "Don't do anything suspicious. Act normal or else, your partner are going to pay for your action." Miyu frowned when she saw him pushed Larva with his gun. "Now, shall we get something to eat?"

"I believe we should," said Water Lipper. She called over a waiter and ordered some breakfast for them. For the next hour, Miyu and Larva ate in silence while Amy and Water Lipper chatted happily to each other. After Water Lipper had scraped off the last piece of her pancake, Amy raised his hand for the bill. "Come on," Water Lipper commanded. Shee lightly pushed Miyu and Larva ahead of him. Amy tossed some of the money on the table to pay for the bill. They walked out the restaurant in silence and into the busy street. Although the street was busy, Larva and Miyu did not try to run away. They both knew that if they did so, one or more of the bystanders would be victimised. They silently followed Amy's orders. In a few minutes, they reached an isolated alley.

"Step in," commanded Amy. Miyu and Larva stepped into the alley with Water Lipper and Amy following right behind them. "Now...good night." Darkness consumed them when Miyu and Larva were knocked unconscious.

Nagi's Office

Nagi was just relaxing on his chair when the phone in his office started to ring. He reached out to grab the receiver and smiled when he heard his girlfriend's voice coming from the other end. However, his happiness was short-lived. At the other end of the phone, Yui's voice was filled with anguish when she addressed him.

"Nagi! Miyu is not here!"

"What?"

"Miyu is not here!" Unable to grasp the importance of the statement, Nagi told Yui to calm down. "Calm down! Nagi! Miyu said that she was going to come over here at 2:00 today. Now it is 4!" Nagi sat up in alarm.

"Miyu is never late," thought Nagi as he took out a piece of paper. "Obviously she hasn't called either because then Yui would not be in such a panic."

"Nagi, she is in danger! I can feel it! There is no other reason why she would miss this meeting without calling me. She is not that irresponsible!"

"Yui, calm down," said Nagi in a soothing tone. "I'll look into this matter right away. Do you know which hotel Miyu is staying in?" When she told him no, Nagi nodded his head. "It's alright. I can find out where she is staying. Don't worry, Yui. Miyu is a survivor. She will be all right. I promise." With that said, he hung up the phone and stormed out of his office.

Larva's Place

Larva shifted slightly on his bed. With his hands bounded behind him and his legs to the bedpost, he could hardly move in his position. Miyu was lying on the bed right next to him. He looked at her when she started to stir. She gave out a little moan before she jerked up from her position and looked around her.

"Good morning, Miyu," said Larva. "Actually it is afternoon." Miyu turned to look at him. Like him, her hands were bounded behind her and her feet were tied to the bedpost.

"Why are we in your house?" Miyu asked.

"I'd like to know the answer myself," Larva answered. Just then, Amy opened the door and walked in. He smiled when he entered. In his hand was Larva's old photo album. He took a chair from Larva's desk and placed it in front of the bed. Amy plopped the photo album on his lap as he sat down on the chair.

"Did you have a good rest, Miyu," asked Amy. When she didn't answer, he smiled. "Boy, are you cranky. Welcome to my home. Do you like it?" When Miyu giggled with amusement, Amy frowned. "What is so funny?"

"She is not stupid," Larva answered flatly. "In case you haven't notice, which I could prove to be just the case, there is a photograph of me on my desk." Amy quickly turned to look at the desk and frowned when he saw the photograph. "What do you want?" Larva asked.

"I just want to go back down the memory lane with you," said Amy. He took out one of the photos from the picture album and showed it to Miyu. "As you can see, the history of Larva and I go way back. We have known each other ever since high school. He was..." He growled in anger when Miyu cut him off.

"What happen in your past is no business of mine." Amy stood up in anger and walked up to her.

"You damn..." He lifted up his hand to strike her but Water Lipper appeared just in time to stop him. She pulled Amy back and stood between him and Miyu.

"Calm down you damn fool," Water Lipper hissed to Amy. "Remember what our orders were." Amy glared at Miyu and kicked the bed before he left the room. Water Lipper looked at them and went after Amy. She quickly reappeared with two cups of water. "Drink it." Miyu looked at the cup of water that was placed in front of her. When neither one of them drank it, Water Lipper raised her gun at them. "Drink it or else we'll do it the hard way. I personally don't want to knock you out again." Miyu drank the cup of water first with Larva watching her. She slowly slipped into the unconscious state. Before Larva drank his share, he warned Water Lipper.

"Don't hurt Miyu, or else you are going to regret it." He drank the water and in a few minute, he joined Miyu in dreamland.

*****

"Larva. Larva?" Larva stirred from his sleep when he heard Miyu calling out to him. He opened his eye to find total darkness.

"Miyu?"

"Yes, Larva." He shifted from his position and was not surprised to find his hand bounded behind him. They sat there in silence as Larva adjusted his eyes to the darkness. He noticed that they were sitting in the storage room in the back of a truck.

"Who else is here," asked Larva.

"Only us." They were jolted upwards when the truck hit a bump on the road. Miyu slid close to him. To their surprise, her hands were touching the ropes that bound his hand. "Don't move." Within two minutes, Miyu managed to unbind him. Larva quickly took off the ropes that were binding his feet and turned to release Miyu from her binds.

"Hurry," he whispered to her. He proceeded to take her to the exit but she stopped him.

"Larva, something is wrong. This was too easy. They should have known that we could escape like this. Why did they left us like this?"

"I would like to know the answer to that question myself but right now that is not important. The first thing we need to do is to get out of here." He quietly and quickly opened the door to the end of the truck. The dusty road was speeding right under them as they prepared to jump. Larva looked around him to find them driving through a forest. "Come on." To Miyu's surprise, Larva pulled her into his arms before they jumped down from the truck. Larva landed hard on his back when they hit the floor. They rolled for approximately ten feet before they finally stopped. He slowly released her and rose from his back. "Are you..." Larva never did finished his sentence because the next moment, Amy and Water Lipper had stopped the truck and were getting out of it to pursue them. "Come on!" Larva grabbed Miyu by her hand and they proceeded to run into the forest.

"Damn you!" Amy screamed right after them when he and Water Lipper gave chase. Darkness consumed them all. With only the moonlight to guide their path, Larva pushed the way ahead with Miyu following right after him. For two minutes, Amy and Water Lipper followed them diligently through the forest. Amy cursed when a branch scratched him across the face. In anger, he took out his gun and aimed it at Larva. Miyu turned around just in time to see him drawing out his gun.

"Larva!" Larva turned around to have Miyu shoving him hard on the chest. As he fell backwards, three shots were fired. The first bullet that was aimed for Larva's head embedded itself on one of the tree. The second bullet grazed his right arm. To Larva's horror, the third bullet ripped through Miyu's right shoulder as she fell down on him. Her blood splattered on his shirt before she landed in his open arm. His arms instantly wrapped around her.

"Miyu," he whispered when he felt the warm blood seeping through her wound.

"I'm fine, Larva," she assured him through clenching teeth. "It's only my shoulder. Let's go." She quickly scrambled to her feet with her left hand clutching her right shoulder tightly. Larva slipped his arm around her shoulder and they continued to run. Because they had fallen down on the ground, Amy and Water Lipper lost sight of them in the dark. Amy was the first to re-spot them. Before he could fire again, Water Lipper knocked the gun away from his hand.

"Cait Sith wants them alive! Not dead!" Water Lipper and Amy chased after them as Larva guided the wounded Miyu through the forest. For a short while, Miyu was able to keep in pace with Larva but with the increasing lost of blood, she began to stumble.

"Miyu!" Larva stopped on his track and lifted her up from her feet. He could not help but noticing her amazing lightness. "Shut up," he hissed when she was about to complain. "You aren't stupid so don't act like you were." With great speed, Larva ran with Miyu in his arms as he dodged through trees ad bushes. Branches cut through him like knives as they sliced his arms and body. He ignored the pain and the ache of his arm as he continued to run through the forest at top speed. After a few minutes, they managed to shake off Amy and Water Lipper. Larva continued to run for two more minutes until he reached another dirt road. Panting from exhaustion, he laid Miyu softly next to a tree as he observed their surrounding.

"Larva?" Larva looked at her and was terrified to find her dreadfully pale. "I'm fine," she murmured. Larva pealed opened her jacket only to find that the bleeding had started to slow down. He was glad to find out that the jacket had acted like a bandage as it pushed against her wound to help her stop the excessive bleeding. He grabbed the end of his coat and ripped off a strip of cloth. With that strip of cloth, he tenderly bounded her wound and slipped her jacket back onto her. "Where are we?"

"I don't know," Larva answered. He looked around him and to Miyu's surprised he gave out a low, startled cry.

"Larva?"

"Hold on, Miyu." He ran down the dirt road and looked around him. When he returned, he had a little smile on his face. "I know this place. I used to train in this forest."

"You use to..." She turned to look behind her. Two shadows were approaching towards them. Larva picked her up in his arms and broke into a run again. Amy and Water Lipper saw the two and started to pursue right after them. Larva plunged right into the forest again. However, unlike before, he knew where he was heading and his destination. He smiled, when he heard Amy and Water Lipper cursing out loud. In fifteen minutes, Larva and Miyu reached a clearing. The end of the clearing was a cliff. "Larva?" Miyu looked up at him with surprised when she saw him running towards the cliff.

"I know what I am doing, Miyu. Just trust me." When she didn't say anything, he held her closer. "Whatever you do, don't scream." Amy and Water Lipper watched in surprise when Larva jumped down the cliff. When they reached there, they could only see darkness. A few seconds later, they heard something hitting the bottom.

"Damn! What are we going to do now?" Amy looked at Water Lipper in frustration as they paced around.

"There is nothing we can do. We just have to wait until morning come before we can go down there and look." Amy kicked one of the rocks over the cliff in frustration. They slowly walked away from the cliff.

*****

When Larva took that plunged, he knew that there would be a little platform located twenty feet below the cliff. He landed soundlessly on the platform with Miyu safely in his arm. He quickly placed her on the ground and grabbed the largest rock that he could find. He tossed it over the platform before walking back to Miyu. They waited in silence as Amy and Water Lipper pondered about the predicament. Larva finally picked Miyu up when he was sure those two had left. "Welcome to my little hideout," Larva said softly. The platform was the entrance to a natural rock cave that was located inside the cliff. Larva took her into the cave and continued to walk for some five minutes. He finally stopped walking when he reached an area that had a small pond located in the middle of it. A beam of moonlight shone through a crack from the roof of the cave. He laid Miyu on the ground and headed straight for the right wall. "I hope it is still here." He pushed a large rock away and to his relief, he found the supplied that he needed. He took out a little basin and grabbed his first aid kit. Filling the basin with water, Larva proceeded to take off Miyu's clothes. When he was about to take off her turtleneck, Miyu tried to turn away. "Like you said, Miyu. Now is not the time to be modest." He took off her turtleneck to expose her wounded shoulder. Blood was still seeping through the wound but it was not as profusely as it was before. He took off his coat and stripped off his bloody shirt. Ripping his shirt into rags, he dipped the clean rags into the basin and proceeded to clean her wounds.

"This forest is owned by my foster father," Larva explained. "I was adopted when I was really small. My parents passed away in a cruise ship." Miyu winced and looked at him with vacant eyes as he continued to clean her wound. "My cousin, Carlua, also lost her parents in that accident." He proceeded to open the first aid kit. He took out some antibiotic powder and started to apply it to the wound. She closed her eyes in pain but she didn't cry out loud. "Pazusu, my foster father, took Carlua and me into his custody. From them on, he became like a father to me. I also met two great friends at that time. Their names are Spartoi and Lemures." He slipped his arm under her body and shifted her carefully to let her lean against a rock. Grabbing one of the rags, he proceeded to bind her wound. "Pazusu taught Lemures, Spartoi, and me martial arts. He was my master and my father. Spartoi, Lemures, and I had always trained in this forest." After binding her wound, he wrapped his coat around her. The basin was already filled with Miyu's blood so he took a clean rag and dipped it in the pond water. "We discovered this cave twelve years ago, when Spartoi accidentally fell off the cliff. From then on, this cave had been our hide-out." His face lit up with a little smile from the memories. "I even ran away from home once and camped here for one week." Miyu smiled at him weakly as he washed his wound. She watched as his blood flowed down along his arm and dripped into the basin.

"Larva." Larva looked at her as she closed her eyes.

"What is it, Miyu?"

"There is a saying that I heard when I was very small." Her breathing slowed down as she started to fall asleep. Although what she said next had came out in a slur, it was clear enough for Larva to hear. "When two people's blood intertwine, they are bounded by destiny." Larva looked at her, taken aback. He continued to watch her as she drifted off to sleep. He quickly cleansed his wound and applied some medicine to it. He walked back to the right wall and dragged out an old blanket. He walked up to Miyu and took her in his arms. Wrapping the blanket around them both, he fell asleep.

******

In the middle of the night, Larva was woken up when he heard Miyu murmuring in her sleep. "Miyu," he called out softly. Her body was shivering and her head was burning with fever. Larva grabbed some of the cloth strips and dipped them in the cool pond water. He draped them on Miyu's head and tried to bring down the fever.

"Mother," Miyu murmured. Her body shivered in cold sweat as her nightmare continued to haunt her.

"Miyu," Larva whispered to her ear. "It's me. Larva. Wake up."

"MOTHER!!!!" He jumped up in surprise when Miyu screamed out for her mother. To his terror, her body was no longer shaking. Instead, it had become ridged stiff.

"Miyu?! Miyu!" He shook her in his arms. He checked for her pulse, for her breath and was glad to find her alive. "Come on, Miyu. Snap out of it." He shook her lightly but still, she did not respond. As if she had not scared him enough, she suddenly became very limp like her life has seep out of her. "Miyu!!" Larva called out her name in panic. He found her breathing and her heartbeat had suddenly slowed down. "Miyu! Come on. Don't do this to me!" Larva wrapped his arms around her and rocked her in his arms. "Don't do this to me, Miyu. You're a fighter! Don't scare me like this!" To his great relief, Miyu's eyes at last slowly fluttered open. "Miyu," he called out her name thankfully.

"Larva?"

"Yes, Miyu." He continued to hold her close in his arms. "I am here." She nodded her head slightly and fell asleep. The next minute, Larva joined her.

Next Morning

"I wonder how Larva is doing," said a man with short yellow hair. On his left ear, he wore a long earring that was decorated with blue and white gems. He turned to look at his friend. He beautiful face shone with annoyance when he saw his friend playing with his sword. "Hey, Spartoi. Are you listening to me?" Spartoi turned around and looked at his friend. His short brown hair was tossed around by the wind as he approached the edge of the cliff.

"Come on Lemures. You know Larva. He is well capable of taking care of himself. Now, shall we?" He jumped down the cliff and landed on the platform. Lemures followed quickly after him.

Larva was sleeping beside Miyu when he heard some noise. He quickly jolted up from his sleep and sneaked to the right wall. He took two long sticks from there and hid one next to Miyu. He took the second one and proceeded towards the entrance of the cave.

Spartoi and Lemures were talking when Spartoi heard someone approaching. He silenced Lemures and they walked in silence. Lemures took off to the right and climbed up behind some rocks, while Spartoi continued to proceed down the path. Larva was hiding behind a rock when he saw the shadow of Spartoi approaching in his direction. He was about to slam his stick down on Spartoi when he recognized his old friend, and thus quickly stopped himself from doing so.

"Spartoi!" Spartoi turned around and was surprised to find Larva standing in front of him. Before he could call out Larva's name, Lemures jumped out from his hiding place and struck Larva from behind.

"Lemures! It is Larva!" Lemures watched in horror when Spartoi lifted up his unconscious friend. "Help me get him in there." As these two young men picked up Larva, Miyu jolted from her sleep. She reached out for Larva but instead of him, she felt a stick. She was about to call out for him when she saw Spartoi and Lemures dragging in an unconscious Larva. She closed her eyes and slowly reached for the stick.

"Man, is he heavy," said Spartoi. He looked around to find Miyu sleeping on the ground. He raised an eyebrow with amusement when he caught sight of her. He tapped Lemures on the shoulder and pointed towards Miyu. "Ain't she a pretty one. Come on. Let's check her out." Lemures and Spartoi approached Miyu and bent down towards her for a closer inspection. Before they knew it, Miyu had jabbed Spartoi on the stomach with the stick and struck Lemures on the face. The two unlucky men fell down to the ground, unconscious. Miyu weakly sat up and panted from using so much of her already drained energy. She stumbled towards Larva and shook him lightly. Larva gave out a little groan before he woke up.

"Miyu?" He smiled at her. He shook off his dizziness and stood up. His face lit up in amusement when he found Spartoi and Lemures lying knocked out on the ground. "I guess you have introduced yourself to my two friends, haven't you?"

"Oh..."

*****

Miyu was sitting with her back to the wall as Larva split the sandwich that Lemures and Spartoi have brought with them. They didn't want to eat it because Spartoi didn't think his stomach could handle it and Lemures's jaw was still too painful to chew. Larva quickly gave them a run down of what had happened.

"Nice to meet you, Miyu," said Spartoi. "Although, if I might say, I'd have much preferred it if our meeting has been...uhmm...less painful."

"I couldn't have agreed more," said Lemures. "However, we should have expected this. Worthy to be Larva's partner."

"And he is worthy to be mine," Miyu said flatly. She ate the last bite of her sandwich and stood up. Since her jacket and turtleneck was soaked with blood, she was only wearing Larva's coat. She proceeded to take it off but Larva stopped her.

"Wear it," said Larva. He grabbed the blanket and wrapped it around her. Miyu protested.

"Larva, I am capable of taking care of myself. I am fine like this."

"No you are not." He continued to wrap the blanket around her in frustration as she meekly fought him. "Damn it, Miyu! Stop it! Don't act stupid right now!" She took one step away from him in defiance but her feet faltered. Larva managed to catch her in time before she fell down on the floor. She leaned on to his chest as he wrapped his arm around her body.

"I hate being weak," she murmured. "I don't want to be dependent on anyone."

"But you aren't weak, Miyu," said Larva. "You are always strong to me. This time you are weak because of the wound you have." He gently lifted her face upwards so he could look into her eyes. "Just depend on me this time. I am your partner and sometimes we'd need to depend on each other. It is natural." She glanced downwards and didn't say anything. However, when Larva picked her up, she did not protest. "There is another exit to this cave, Miyu. It's a thirty minute walk and we need to do a little rock climbing." He placed her on his back and gave her a piggy ride. "Go to sleep." Miyu closed her eyes obediently and fell asleep as Larva, Spartoi, and Lemures proceeded for the exit. When they reached the rocky slope, Spartoi and Lemures helped Larva climb the rocks as he held on to Miyu. They had almost reached the top when Miyu woke up from her sleep.

"I smell blood and wastes," said Miyu with a slight frown. They stopped in their track and sniffed the air. The scent was fairly weak but it was there. With his sword ready in his hand, Spartoi proceeded upward first. Lemures stayed behind to help Larva.

When Spartoi reached the top, he whistled out loud. "Come on you guys. Hurry up and look at this." Lemures and Larva quickly climbed up to the top. Larva placed Miyu on the ground when they reached the top. On the floor lied Amy and Water Lipper's dead bodies. Both of them had died from gun shot wounds. Spartoi walked up to Amy's body and frowned. "They were killed last night."

"They must have been killed with a silencer," said Larva. "I didn't hear any sound down in the cave last night."

"They failed their mission and this is their ultimate price to pay," said Miyu. "I wished they weren't dead. There are a lot of questions that I want to ask them."

"Not yet," said Larva. "Now is not the time." He picked her up and started to walk away. "We will find out what is going on later. Right now you need to see a doctor."

*****

A young woman with long, curly, blond hair was sitting in her foster father's mansion when the bell to her front door started to ring. She heard one of her servants opening the door to the visitor. "Who is it," the young woman called out. She walked out of her living room to find Spartoi and Lemures standing around the maid. Her aqua eyes shone with delight when she saw her two friends. "Spartoi. Lemures. What brings you guys back here so soon? It's only 3:00." Lemures was about to answer her question when she gasped in surprise. Her glance was fixed on the object of her full affection as he appeared in the doorway with an unconscious teenage girl in his arms. "Larva," She cried out in joy as she approached him.

"Hi Carlua," said Larva in a weary tone. Larva shifted Miyu slightly in his arms as he walked into the mansion. Carlua noticed, with some resentment, that Miyu was wearing Larva's coat.

"Who is she?"

"No time to answer," Larva said. "Spartoi, called the doctor quickly. Lemures, called the police." He ran up the stairs and headed towards his bedroom in the house. He lowered Miyu onto his bed with great care and sat next to her, holding her hand and gazing at her anxiously. Carlua followed closely after him and frowned deeply when she saw how attentive Larva was to that girl.

"Larva," Carlua whispered.

Author's note:

How do you guys like this story? Does it sound boring to you? I know there is a lot of questions but they are going to be answer in the following chapters. There is a reason why Miyu and Larva escaped so easily, and there is a reason why Amy and Water Lipper happened to drive by that forest. Tell me what you guys think of this chapter. If it is too boring...well...I wasn't intending it to be. Sigh...