Vampire Princess Miyu Fan Fiction ❯ A Heart that is Cold ❯ Confession ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: I do not own the charecters in Vampire Princess Miyu. I am only using them for this fanfic. Please do not sue me.

Acknowledgement: Rociella: Thanks for revising this chapter for me!!! I really appreciate it! Thanks! Once again, if you have any comment, feel free to email me or you could review it over here...don't be afraid to tell me that the story is horrible...hehehe...just include how I can improve it that's all. But...



Confession

"The answer is still no, Miyu. No matter what you say, I am not letting you come with me." Larva picked up his coat from the chair and tried to walk out from her bedroom. However, knowing her personality, he was not surprised when she pulled him backward and slid in between him and the door to block his path.

"I am not a child that is asking you for a permission to go somewhere, Larva" Miyu said calmly as she tried to hold her anger in. "In case you have forgotten; I am your partner. You have no right to tell me where I can go or where I should stay."

"That is true," Larva agreed. "But ever since you've been shot, your stubborn actions have been so irrational that it made me think twice whether you have the ability to make reasonable decisions." He tried to step around her but to his annoyance, she followed his movement and continued to block his path.

"I have the exact same thought," Miyu continued on, while ignoring his frown. "You're starting to let your sentiment and emotion take over your judgments. You are spending too much of your time worrying about petty things rather than focusing on the case."

"If I value your life more than the case is consider to be petty, then I don't know what I should deem important. Beside…" He growled when she placed both of her hands on the rim of the doorway. "What use will it do if you die before the case is solve?" With that question to distract her, he pushed one of arm upward with one quick movement and slipped under her arm. He quickly walked down the stair with Miyu following closed behind him.

"I am not the kind of people that could die that easily." He stopped when she pulled on his coat. He turned around and steadily looked at her as she stared back at him with determination. "Beside, my dear Larva, I could arrest you for involuntary confinement."

"Don't try to enforce the law on me, because we both know it is not a logical argument." He pulled his coat away from her hands. "I have your sister to vouch that you are under my care and, I don't have a gun pointed at your head, so there is no evidence indicating I am confining you."

"Thank you," Miyu said with a smile. Larva looked her with a moment of shock when he saw her walking back up to her room without another word. He quickly snapped out from his shock and without another thought, he ran up to her room. He found her packing her things.

"What do you think you are doing," asked Larva.

"Not only is your brain not working," said Miyu as she tossed her pastport into her bag. "Your eyesight is not working as well."

"That insult is not necessary," Larva replied back in anger. He watched as she swung her bag over her shoulder. Before she could walked out the door, he grabbed her bag away from her.

"Are you trying to attempt robbery?"

"I am trying to stop you from making another irrational decision," Larva said while he tossed her bag back on the bed.

"Irrational decision," Miyu said with a smile. "How is it so?"

"Miyu," he growled while he walked up to her. His anger flared up a notch as she continued to smile at him like she was ignorant of his anger. "You seem to have forgotten we are at my vocational home instead of my home that is located in the city. The closest area is an hour away from here and it is a just a gas station."

"So basically, you are saying that I am confined in this area with no place to go, aren't you? And without any kind of transportation, I basically can't go anywhere." Larva looked at her in shock when he realized he had fallen into her trap. "My sister is also helping you, because she refuses to take me away from here, and when I want to leave, you steal my things away from me and refuses to let me leave. If this isn't imprisonment, then what is it, Larva?" She gazed at him silently and smiled slightly. "You should watch your blood pressure, old man. You might end up having a heart attack."

He took a deep breath to cool himself down. He walked pass her and headed down the stair. Miyu silently followed him. "You've won the argument, Miyu," he said, while he turned toward her direction. "But you are still not coming with me." He reached for his keys on top of the table but she managed to take it before he could make a grab at it. He sighed and calmy stared at her straight in the eyes. "Give it back." He reached out his hands toward her, but she refused to comply with his words. "Don't make me take it away from you," he warned.

"Is that a threat?" Miyu smiled at him and twirled the keys with one of her fingers. "I would be glad to fight you, Larva. It is one of the way I can prove to you that I am physically fit to go with you." She sat down on a chair and her smile quickly disappeared, only to be replaced with a serious expression. "So what do you say?"

Larva walked up to her and placed his hands on the armrest of the chair. Leaning forwards, he brought his face to only an inch away from hers. Determination and stubbornness were written in the eyes of both of them as they stared at each other. "A fight will not be necessary, my dear Miyu," said Larva in a deep serious tone. "Instead I believe this belongs to me." With her eyes on him, she didn't notice Larva had silently moved his hand toward hers and swiped the keys away from her. Larva stood up triumphantly, while Miyu glared at him from frustration. "In this case, I won. You will just have to wait until I bring back the police report from Spartoi." He walked up to the door but before he stepped out, he turned to warn her one last time. "Yui and Nagi will be here any second. I hope you will not worry your sister with one of your disappearing act." When she didn't answer, he turned and walked away. He opened the garage door and slightly smiled when he observed his three motorcycles and a convertible lying there in perfect condition. Without even sparing a glance at his set of keys, Larva walked up to the dark blue motorcycle - located on the far left corner- and inserted the correct key for it. Within no time, he was speeding down the narrow road with the wind blowing on his face. On his way, he stopped by a gas station to fill up his motorcycle. He turned when he heard someone calling out for him and gave a slight wave when he saw the owner of the gas station.

"Hey, Larva," said Cyle. "What's up? I haven't seen you for such a long time. You hardly come down here anymore."

"I was busy," Larva replied as he looked at his old classmate.

"Yeah, I heard." Cyle walked out from his booth and went up to him. "Spartoi told me you've got a girlfriend." He smiled and patted Larva playfully on his shoulder.

"You've heard wrong," Larva simply replied. He impatiently pressed the handle on the pump harder.

"Come on, Larva. You don't have to be shy about it. Is she cute?"

"Miyu is my partner," said Larva, as he placed back the pump. "That is all there is between us." He jumped onto his motorcycle and waved a quick goodbye to Cyle. Cyle cried out to him, but Larva ignored it and continued to his ride. "Miyu...my girlfriend," Larva contemplated the thought to himself. "If she heard that, she would have killed Spartoi." He smiled at that. However, the idea quickly flew out of his mind when he reached the site where Miyu and him have jumped off the van. He slowed down his motorcycle and inspected the road. "Hard to believe that it was only three weeks ago when Miyu and I escaped from our capture." He sighed and drove off when images of these past few weeks past through his head. "Three weeks," he thought. "Three hellish weeks."

He unconsciously sped up his motorcycle when his body flared up in anger. "And that Miyu...she made my life a living nightmare." To say the least, he wasn't exaggerating. Ever since he brought her to Pazusu's house after that eventful day, the doctor had adamantly told her to rest, because of her injuries. Unfortunately, Miyu seemed to be having problems understanding the meaning of the word 'rest'. He could still remember how angry he was when he found her following...actually stumbling behind Spartoi, Lemures, and him when they went to check the dead body of Water Lipper and Ami; right after when the doctor had told her to rest. "We almost attacked her." His frowned when he remembered how Lemures and he crept to the side of the road and into the forest, when they heard someone was following them. Lemures would have tackled her if Larva hadn't stopped him just in time. "Worst of all, she doesn't learn!" After he had angrily picked her up and forcefully placed her back into her room, Larva walked out of the house and told a maid to look after Miyu. When he looked up at the window of Miyu's room one last time, he almost had a heart attacked when he found her trying to climb down the house from the second floor window. He ended up watching her for the rest of the day. It didn't help the matter when she disappeared on the next morning. Larva frantically searched for her, only to found out she had fainted on a dirt road in the forest. After that incident, Larva took her away from Pazusu's home and relocated themselves to his vacation home, which was located two hours away from Pazusu's house. But things were not peaceful. After that incident, Miyu's wound reopened and led to a severe infection. For one whole week she wasn't able to get out of bed and Larva took great care of her. Yui and Nagi constantly came over and looked after her, while Larva was busy trying to explain to Van why it was taking so long for them to return. At the end of that week, Larva was shocked to find her room empty. "That Miyu," Larva growled. He found her trying to open his garage door.

*Flashback*

"You are driving me nuts, Miyu," Larva said angrily when he saw her trying to open his garage door. She ignored him and almost hit him when he picked her up. "What the hell do you think you were doing?!"

"If you aren't going back to see the evidences, I am," Miyu tiredly retorted. "I want to solve the case...unlike you."

Larva kicked open the door to her room, violently. Although he was angry with her, he gently laid her softly on her bed. "I was going to see the evidences but someone, who wasn't in the right condition, decided to keep me busy."

Miyu sat up from her bed with a burst of energy. "I didn't tell you to baby-sit me, Larva. I could very well take care of myself."

"From your recent actions, I doubt that you could," said Larva.

"That is only your opinion," said Miyu in a cool tone. "But right now, my ability to survive is not the important issue. The important thing right now is the case. If we would have only stay to examine Ami and Water Lipper's bodies, we could have found a clue in regarding to who have murder them and their intentions. Instead, you…" To her surprise, Larva pushed her down on her bed with his hands on her shoulder.

"I value your life, unlike you," said Larva. "I value your health over this case. If we did lose some evidences, it will be due to your stubbornness to refuse to follow orders." When he saw her staring back at him defiantly, he released her and walked out of her room.

*End of Flashback*

"And that is how it has been for these past weeks," Larva breathed through his teeth to calm his anger. For these past few weeks, they have been in a constant verbal battle. Neither one of them were willing to back down from their stand. Although Miyu was slowly gaining back strength, she still wasn't in the right condition to roam around. Larva smiled when he remembered how Yui and Nagi had helped him handling Miyu and how she regarded them as traitors. "And today...was no exception." He shook his head in frustration and smiled a little bit when he saw Pazusu's mansion up ahead. He parked his motorcycle outside the house and walked up the veranda to the door. He rang the doorbell and stepped backward involuntarily when Carlua yanked opens the door and threw her arms around him.

"Larva, you've come!" Carlua exclaimed happily as she looked at him. "I haven't seen you at all ever since you left."

"It's good to see you too, Carlua," said Larva as he pushed her gently away from him. "Where are Spartoi and Lemures?" She frowned when she noticed he had shift his focus away from her as he searched for the two young men.

"They are in the living room." She took him by arm and led him there. Spartoi and Lemures were laughing and joking with each other when they walked in there. "Look who is here." They both turned around and waved to Larva. Larva nodded his head to them and sat down on a nearby seat. A maid entered with some cups of tea and handed one to Larva.

"Thank you," said Larva. The maid blushed and hurried away when she saw the flame bursting in Carlua's eyes. "Where is Pazusu?" Carlua smiled at him and sat down on his chair's armrest.

"He still in the company working on some minor details," she explained. "He will come back next week." Larva nodded his head. To her surprise he stood up from the seat. "Where are you going?"

"I'll sit over there, because I think I took your seat," said Larva. He didn't saw the pain flashing on Carlua's face when he sat down on another chair. Instead, he turned his attention to Spartoi and Lemures. "So, where is the report?"

"I am expecting you will bring it up sooner or later," Spartoi said with a grin. He reached for his briefcase and took out a folder filled with documents. "Here are all the results of Ami and Water Lipper's death. A full police report is in there too. You better thank Lemures because he was the one that was rushing the people in his department to finish the test earlier."

"Thanks," said Larva as he picked up the folder. Before he could open it, his cell phone rang. "Hello?" Spartoi, Lemures, and Carlua watched with interest when they saw Larva's face turning pale then quickly into anger. He threw the folder on the table and hung up his cell phone violently.

"What is the problem," asked Lemures when he saw Larva jumped out of his chair and stormed towards the door. They followed quickly behind him. When Larva yanked open the front door, Miyu was standing there with her hand raised up to the doorbell.

"Miyu!" Larva glared at her while she calmly stood there. "What are you doing here?"

"Hi Larva," greeted Miyu. "The answer is quite obvious. I came here to see the police report." She smiled when she saw his anger flaring up. "Is this how you treat your guest? I guess you don't have that much of a social manner, do you? Aren't you going to invite me in?" Before she knew it, he grabbed her by her hand and pulled her into the house.

"If murder was not a crime, I would have gladly killed you." Larva growled at her while unconsciously dragging her toward the living room. "Do you know how worried Nagi and Yui were?!" He pushed her gently onto a chair and glared at her. To his frustration, she continued to eye him calmly.

"However worried they could be," she said. "They still knew enough to call you right away." She looked at the maid, who came into the room to hand her a cup of tea. She watched him calmly and silently sipped her tea when he walked around the room to calm himself down. Spartoi and Lemures watched the scene with great interest, while Carlua was frowning at the current situation. "Stop wasting my time, Larva. Where is the police report?" Larva stopped pacing around and walked up to the table. He took the file from the table and tossed it to her. She caught the file and opened it. After looking through it for a while, she gave it to Larva, who was standing beside her. She watched him as he scan though the data. When he finished with it, he closed the file and placed it back on the table.

"It didn't give us that much information," Larva said flatly.

"No kidding," said Lemures. "What do you expect? They mopped up all of the evidences after they killed Water Lipper and Ami. Those are all that we could find out with all the evidences we gathered."

"So, they were killed at around 11pm," Miyu said quietly. She took the file and flipped through it again. Taking a piece of paper out of the pile, she turned to look at them and pointed at a specific area in the paper. "Who is Cait Sith and what is the 'Panmatsu Devil'?"

"Cait Sith is the leader of the gang called Panmatsu Devil," answered Spartoi. "The Panmatsu Devil is one of the most notorious gang in this Western continent. For ten years, they have troubled the world with their constant rioting, violent murders, and daring robbery. But most notable of all, they were known for their underground drug operation." He took out Night Gia's picture and handed it to Miyu. "Night Gia was one of their men, so were Ami and Water Lipper." He leaned back on his chair when Miyu placed the picture down on the table. "They are the main assassins of the gang but..." He smiled at Larva and Miyu before he continued. "They still lost to both of you."

"That's not all," said Lemures as he turned to look at Miyu. "You might know this gang because they originated from Japan." Miyu raised up her eyebrow when she heard him and picked up her glass of tea slowly. "They were quite well known too but when their leader died, they scattered and came to LA to resume their business here. That was until last year someone infiltrated into their gang and ruined their whole operation." He shared a secret smiled with Larva.

"What was the name of them when they were in Japan," asked Miyu.

"The Quarl." They all turned to look at her when her cup clattered down on the floor at the answer. "You've heard of them?"

"Yes," Miyu replied back in a cold tone of voice. "I have heard of them, Lemures." She stood up from her chair and turned to walk away from them. "Please excuse me because I need to clean off this tea stain in the restroom." They all watched her in silence when she left them in a hurry.

"What's her problem," Spartoi asked when Larva continued to look at the door where Miyu had exited.

"I don't know," said Larva. He sat down and frowned. "I know it have something to do with the Quarl though," Larva thought to himself. "What is Miyu's relationship with the Quarl and what happened to her in the past?" As he thought about these questions, Carlua was talking to them. She turned to look at Larva only to see him deep in his thoughts.

"Larva," Carlua called out uncertainly to him.

"Hmm..." Larva looked up at her. "Sorry, what were you saying?"

"I asked you if you would like to come to the Halloween ball that we are holding next week," asked Carlua with a blush. "Pazusu is holding it as a party for the people in our company but I think he would love to have you there. Please come."

"I don't know," Larva said uncertainly. "Van had order Miyu and I to return back to Japan as soon as possible. Beside, I have no interest in these kinds of formal events."

"But the case haven't been solve over here yet," said Lemures.

"Since it happen in LA, we could only leave the case under your department's care."

"Just stay," Carlua pleaded to him. "Father (Pazusu) would really want to see you again. You haven't seen each other ever since you came back." Larva kept his gaze on the ground as he contemplate about her suggestion.

"And think about Miyu," Spartoi said, while he sipped at his glass of wine. "I think it would be great to let her have a Halloween holiday. Don't you think she would enjoy the party?"

"You have the wrong assumption," Larva started. "She would rather go to the police station and looked at Ami and Water Lipper's bodies than to go to any party."

"That's the problem. Think about it. Miyu is only sixteen years old but she acts as a thirty years old. She is supposed to have fun at this age instead of going all over the place, trying to solve each and every one of the cases placed in front of her. Bring her to the party and let her have fun for the first time."

Larva sighed and shook his head. "I know her and she won't enjoy the party. But, I will take her because I want to see father." He turned to look at Carlua, only to find her frowning. "Carlua, please tell father that I will going to the party with Miyu." Carlua nodded her head silently and turned her face away from him. He glanced at his watch and looked at the maid when she walked into the room. "Where is Miyu? She is taking a rather long time to clean herself."

"But sir," said the maid. "There is no one in the restroom." Larva started and sat up straight in alarm.

"What did you say?"

"The restroom is empty, sir. No one answered the door when I knocked on it a few seconds and..." Before she could finish her sentence, Larva had already burst out of his seat and ran to the restroom.

"Miyu!" Larva banged at the door but still no one answered him. Taking a step backward, he kicked the door open only to find it empty with the windows wide open. He stormed out the house and searched around the house. "Where did she go," thought Larva as he looked around the front lawn. "Why did she leave so suddenly?!" Spartoi, Lemures, and Carlua rushed out of the door right after him and tried to calm him down.

"Larva calm down and start using your head," said Lemures. "First of all, we need to know how Miyu got out of here so fast."

"She took one of the keys to my motorcycles," Larva snapped when he grabbed his motorcycle. "She took it when we were arguing this morning...and she took my most favorite motorcycle too. What we need to think about is...." Larva froze when he remembered how Miyu reacted when she heard about The Quarl. While starting his motorcycle, Larva took out his cell phone and called Nagi. "Nagi," said Larva, while he sped down the road. "Do you know what happened between Miyu and 'The Quarl'?"

"The Quarl," asked Nagi in surprise. "What happen?!"

"Miyu came over here to look at the police report Spartoi brought over to us. When we mentioned 'The Quarl,' I notice her reactions were abnormal."

"Then she must be running away from you," Nagi answered.

"Why?"

"Because she felt that she was going to put you in danger. For what reason...I can't say because it is Miyu's choice if she is to tell you about her past, not..."

Before Nagi could finish his sentence, Larva hung up on him in frustration. Swerving his motorcycle to the right, he drove right into the forest. "I know what she chose," Larva thought angrily. "She chose to run away without telling me what is going on!" Branches ripped at his coat and legs but he ignored the pain and continued to speed through the forest. "She shouldn't have that much of a head start. I should catch up with her through this short cut." With the thought in his mind, Larva continued to speed through the forest, while dodging the trees and rocks that were in his path. After a short time, he could hear a faint noise coming from his left. He looked at that direction and noticed that he was going to intercept the main road from its right side. To his relief, he could see Miyu driving his motorcycle at top speed and heading towards his direction. Larva sped up his motorcycle to intercept her. "Miyu!"

Miyu looked to her right when she heard her name and to her surprise, Larva came plunging toward her from the forest. She quickly made a sharp turn to the left with her motorcycle so that she would avoid him. To Larva's horror, her motorcycle went out of control and skidded on the floor. She threw herself off the motorcycle and rolled away from it as it slid dangerously across the road. It slammed into a huge rock and exploded. Larva stopped his motorcycle in the middle of the road and ran up to Miyu. She was lying on the floor unconscious with blood seeping from her head.

"Miyu," called Larva as he picked her up gently in his arms. "Miyu, wake up." She groaned and slowly opened her eyes.

"You are a reckless driver," Miyu muttered.

"I resent that comment," Larva mumbled while he placed her in front of him on the motorcycle. "Because you are the one that manage to crash my motorcycle."

"Where are we going?" She placed her head on his chest and closed her eyes.

"Back to my house," said Larva. He looked at his ruined motorcycle sadly and then he looked down on Miyu. "You're going to pay for that, you know." When she didn't reply, he drove back home silently.

*****That night*****

Larva stood inside Miyu's room while he watched her sleep. Ever since they got back home, Nagi and Yui had been frantically trying to heal her wounds. Luckily, the cut on her head was not severe and they were able to stop the bleeding quickly. After having checked for other injuries on her body and found none, they placed her in her bed and she had been asleep since then. Nagi and Yui left shortly after. Realizing that he was slightly hungry, Larva turned to leave the room.

"Larva?" Larva turned around when he heard Miyu calling out his name. He found her awake and making futile attempts to sit up in her bed. He rushed up to her and helped her up. Once he had her in a comfortable position, she looked at him and gave him a weak smile.

"I'm glad to see you are feeling well," Larva said sarcastically. "After that reckless driving, I am surprise you still came out of there in one piece." When she didn't say anything, Larva stood up and headed for the door. Although he wanted to ask her why she ran away, he respected her enough to try not to pry into her private business. He turned to look at her before he stepped outside. "I'll get you something to eat."

"Stay, Larva." He paused when she called out to him. "Thank you." He nodded his head in understanding. "There is something you need to know, Larva." She looked down on the bed while he sat down on her bed and looked at her silently. "The Quarl..." She looked at him with sadness written all over her face. "They killed my father and mother." Larva looked back at her in surprise. However, he did not say anything. "My father was a great detective. Like me, he worked in the drug department. Everyone admired him..." A sad smile appeared on her face. "They even said that he was a legend." She leaned back on the bedpost and turned her gaze up to the ceiling. "Father was the one who taught me and Yui how to solve cases." She smiled a little bit. "I remember that sometimes, Yui and I would drive father crazy because we ended up using those method on him and mother. They almost had a heart attack when they found out that Yui and I drilled a little hole on their closet door so that we could spy on him." Larva smiled when he saw her smiled sadly. "Mother would always yell at father because he taught us most of his tricks. Although she always yelled at father, she never meant it."

"Miyu," Larva said softly when her smiled disappeared. She looked downwards so that he could not see the sadness in her eyes.

"But...they died when I was only six years old," she murmured. "That day, Yui and I were supposed to go to my uncle house and spend the day with them, while mother and father were going to attend a ball that his department hosted. I didn't want to go so I pretended that I was sick. That morning..."

**Flashback**

"Miyu, you can stop pretending now," said her mother. "I know you aren't really sick." She tickled her daughter softly on her side. Miyu giggled and popped up from her bed.

"Stop it mother," said Miyu as she happily tried to avoid her mother's hands. "It tickles."

"That's what you get for lying," her mother scolded lightly. "Now tell me why did you lie and why didn't you want to go to your uncle's house."

"Because it is not as fun as over here," said Miyu. "Beside, last time Auntie got mad at Yui and me because we were spying on her when she was talking to uncle." She walked up and hugged her mother. "I would rather stay with you and father than going to Uncle's place."

Her mother sighed and hugged her six-years-old daughter. "But you know you can't go to the ball with us."

"Can't I please go," Miyu pleaded. "Please, mother. Pretty please." Her mother laughed at her daughter's innocent look and shook her head.

"Don't think I will fall for that Miyu. I know you too well. I am your mother, you know. If you really want to go, you should ask your father."

"Really," said Miyu. "I will ask him right now! Where is he?"

"He is in the study room but I don't want you to ask him right now," said her mother. "You father is busy with the current case. With the 'Quarl' main leader dead, your father is working hard to find the evidences he need to put the rest of the gang members in jail."

"Okay," Miyu said with a pout.

"And I think it would be best if you finish the rest of your study." She pushed Miyu to her desk.

"But I'm jumping grades already and I am ahead of my class," Miyu complained.

"I know," said her mother. "That is why you have to work harder than other children that are in the same age as you because you have more responsibility." She kissed her daughter on her cheek. "If you finish all of your homework, I think you can convince your father more easily to let you go with us."

"Is this what you called bribing?"

Her mother laughed at her and hugged her daughter. "I have to make your father stop talking to you like this. You're starting to sound like him."

"That's good," said Miyu. "I want to be a great detective like father."

"Why am I not surprised," said her mother. She looked up when she heard the doorbell ringing. Miyu heard her father coming out from his study room from downstairs and opened the door. "It must be Gia. Stay here Miyu." Her mother walked out of the door and closed it behind her. Miyu looked down at her work and sighed. When she lifted up her pencil to work on some math, her mother's scream pierced through the air. Miyu sat up in alarm when she heard someone running rapidly up the stairs and things hitting the ground right in her living room. Miyu jumped from her chair and walked to the door. Before she could open it, her mother burst into her room and locked the door behind her. Her face was paled and tears streamed down on her face.

"Mother," Miyu called out to her with uncertainly, while she looked at her mother. "What is the..." Before Miyu could finish her sentence, her mother pulled her into a tight hug and started to cry.

"Oh Miyu," she murmured sadly. "My dear Miyu." She pulled away from her daughter and kissed her on the forehead. Sounds of footsteps could be heard as they made their way up the stairs. Her mother turned and looked at the door in panic and then back to her daughter.

"Mother?"

"Miyu," said her mother firmly. "I want you to listen to me and listen carefully." Sounds of door being kicked open could be heard outside her room. "What ever happen, you have to stay quiet, you understand?"

"But mother..."

"You understand!" Miyu nodded her head meekly and before she knew it her mother pushed her into her closet. "I love you, Miyu. I love you and Yui very much. Your father loves you too. Remember that." She kissed her daughter and hugged her tightly in her arms. "Tell Yui that we love her."

"I love you too mother," Miyu said quietly. "Mother what is going on?"

"I..." They both looked at the door when they heard someone approaching toward it. "Stay in here and remember my word." She closed the door on Miyu. Miyu looked around her and scrambled to a hole that she has drilled so that she could catch Yui for reading into her diary. She watched as her mother frantically searched around the room while someone was banging at the door. Her mother grabbed a lamp from her bedside and placed herself by the side of the door. Her face was unemotional as she waited for the door to burst open. In a few seconds, the door flew opened and a man walked into the room. Miyu watched in horror when her mother slammed the lamp right at the man's head. The man flew across the whole room with his head caved inward from the attack. Miyu stared at his mutilated head in horror. However, her attention was drawn away from him when she heard her mother cried out in pain. Stifling a cried, Miyu watched in shock when she saw her mother on the ground with blood pouring from her chest. Her mouth moved slightly as she silently called out for her husband and daughters name.

"Why," her mother asked softly as blood seeped from her mouth. Miyu looked at her mother's attacker and was shocked to find it was her father's best friend and partner, Gia. His gun was held steady in his hand while he stared down at her coldly.

"For the Quarl," he replied in an icy tone and without another word, he shot five more rounds in to her mother's chest. Miyu watched her mother as she died in front of her. Putting her hands over her mouth, Miyu fell back on her clothes with tears streaming down her face. Shaking from fear but more from anger, she was about to stand up and confront them. Instead she fainted from the entire trauma.

*End of Flashback*

Larva watched her in silence as her body trembled from her remembrance. "They found me in the closet two hours later," Miyu continued on in a flat tone. Her face was unemotional as she looked at him. "They thought I was dead but they found me breathing. Uncle, Yui, and Auntie waited for me to wake up but I didn't woke up until after a month have passed."

**Flashback**

"You said that there was nothing wrong with her," her uncle screamed at the doctor. "Then why isn't she waking up? What is wrong with my niece?"

"I don't know," said the doctor. "There is nothing wrong with her physically, but mentally...I can't guarantee. After being in that kind of trauma, it is not surprising to have her shutting herself away from reality. Whether she wake up or not depends only on her own strength and her will because we tried everything on her."

"Oh Miyu," cried Yui. "Please wake up. Don't leave me!"

*End of Flashback*

"But I didn't want to wake up. I didn't want to face reality. I didn't want to face the pain. But..." She looked at him with coldness in her eyes. "But my uncle said one thing that woke me up. He asked me if I want revenge."

"I want revenge," Miyu continued on in the cold monotone. "I want to kill Gia for killing my parents and betraying their trust. When I woke up, my uncle and my aunt wanted to take us both away from there but I refused to leave. I wanted to stay and find Gia for what he did to my parents. My aunt stayed with me for two years but after that she left me." She clutched the blanket tightly in her hands. "Although they left me alone, they send me money so that they could support my education and living. For six years, I pushed myself to be the top student in my class. I also pushed myself to become a great fighter and a good detective." She looked away from him and stared at the wall. "I've been a detective at the age of thirteen but I still couldn't find Gia. He disappeared and I wasn't able to track him down." She looked back at Larva sadly. "I've never trusted anyone after that incident. I made myself unemotional and cold so that I would never get hurt again. I...I didn't need a partner. I never did want a partner because I can never learn to trust him or her."

"Then why are you telling me this?" Larva asked softly. For a moment, they stare at each other in silence. Larva moved toward her slightly and repeated his question.

"Because," she whispered. "Because I think I am starting to trust you." Without another word, she threw herself into his open arms. Larva stroked her head softly as she cried for her lost parents and for all the pain she have felt for these last ten years.

"She is just a child," Larva thought to himself as he silently comfort her. For a while he sat there, hugging her and rocking her while she cried in his arms. Gradually her breath became even and she fell asleep in his arms. He slid himself under the blanket and continued to hold her. He placed his head on top of hers and closed his eyes.

*****The night of the ball*****

Larva adjusted his dark blue cloak around his body. He lifted up the hood on his back and placed it on his head. While he adjusted his hood, his glance landed on the pair of white gloves that was sitting on the table. Taking one of them in his hands, he looked at the little black lines on it and the long red fingernails on it. He looked at the clock at his right and quickly put the gloves on when he noticed the time. Grabbing his mask from his bed, he headed out of his room and straight to Miyu's. "Miyu," he called out while he knocked at her door. She opened her door and frowned.

"I don't like this costume," she murmured. She pulled her short white kimono on the bottom to try to cover more of her leg. Her hair was tied back with the same red ribbon that Larva has given to her. On her left foot, the same kind of red ribbon was wrapped around it.

"You look fine, Miyu," said Larva when she tugged on the red ribbon that held her kimono together. "You asked for a simple kimono and this is the only one that I could find in this area."

"I am starting to wonder, why am I going to the ball," Miyu muttered. "Your father's friends have nothing to do with me. Whether I go or not will not make a difference."

"This is the order of Van," said Larva. "He told you to have some fun after what you have gone through."

"I am not an idiot," Miyu said when she turned to look at him. Her eyes shined in a beautiful golden color in the light due to the effect of contact lens. "Van wouldn't have known about this party if you have not told him about it."

"I am not an idiot either," Larva retorted. He placed his hands on her shoulder and guided her out of the room so that she could not adjust her kimono in front of the mirror. "I know you, my dear Miyu. You are not the kind that follows orders. If you didn't want to go to the ball, no one could force you."

Miyu smiled at his words. "You are quite correct. Although I oppose with this costume but as a respect for your father, I will wear it."

"I believe that is not the only reason you want to go to the ball," Larva simply said. "I assume you will like to talk to Spartoi and Lemures about the case."

"You starting to know me very well, Larva." She smiled at him when the doorbell rang. They went and open the door only to find a guy standing there with a fake gun pointing at them. His two children were standing near them with a smile on their face.

"Stick up," the man joked. "Give me all of your candy or else I will have to shoot you." To his surprise, Miyu frowned at his action and swiftly took out her gun. The man widened his eyes in terror and lowered his fake gun when Miyu pointed her gun at him.

"Police," she said flatly while taking out her badge from her kimono. "You are under arrest for threatening civilian. You have the right to remain silent..." Larva stopped her when he saw the man trembling and his two little children hugging his legs.

"That's enough, Miyu," said Larva. He gently lowered Miyu's hand that held the gun and stepped up to the man. "If you are a wise man, you will put that gun away." The man nodded his head and put his gun into his pocket. He quickly thanked Larva and ran out of there as fast as his legs could carry him with his children trailing behind. Larva turned to look at Miyu and noticed she was putting her gun back onto the gun holster that is strapped around her leg. Before she could put it back in there, Larva took her gun away from her and tossed it on the table. "That action was not necessary. However, I can't risk having you pointing them at my father's guest."

"Are you questioning my abilities?"

"For safety measure," Larva replied. He took his keys from the table and they both walked out of the house. Placing his mask on his face, he got into his convertible with Miyu and started the car. While he was warming up his car, he turned to look at Miyu. He saw her looking at a lipstick in her hand. "What are you doing?"

"I am observing the lipstick," said Miyu. She quickly placed it back into a hidden pocket in her kimono. "The color looks like blood." She turned to look at him and gave him an irritating smile.

"I have no interest in women's attires or makeups," Larva flatly.

"Neither have I," said Miyu.

"And you are a girl."

"That personal insult was not necessary," Miyu replied. Larva smiled as they reverted back to their old routine. She looked at him as he scanned the road. "I could arrest you for dangerous driving because your mask is obscuring your vision." Larva took off his mask and handed it to Miyu. She took it and put it on. To her surprise, she could see clearly through it.

"I've made that mask myself so that I could drive safely with it on," said Larva. For a while, they continued to drive in silence as they enjoy the night. He looked at his gas meter and stopped by the gas station to refuel his gas. Taking the mask from Miyu's hand, he placed it back on his face. While he was refueling his gas tank, Miyu walked out of the car and stood next to him. To her surprise, she felt a little tug on the skirt of her kimono. She looked downwards to find a little girl looking up at her.

"What do you want, little girl," Miyu asked.

"What are you, miss," asked the girl. "You look really pretty." She looked at Miyu's eyes and reached out to touch her face but she could not reach her face. "Your eyes are really pretty."

"Where is your mother," Miyu asked. Larva looked at them as he watched the little girl trying her hardest to touch Miyu's face.

"Mama is inside the store," the little girl answered. "My name is Nina. What is your name?"

Miyu looked at her for a while and gave her a little smile. "My name is Miyu. I am a vampire princess." She turned to look at Larva. "And this is Larva, my servant. He is a western shima." Larva raised his eyebrows in surprise but stood there in silence.

"Are you really a vampire," asked Nina. She looked at Miyu and frowned. "You are a liar, Miss. Miyu. Vampires have fangs and they have huge wings like this." She spread out her arms and flapped her arms around like a bat.

Miyu smiled at her innocence and shook her head. "I am not a regular vampire. I am a princess. I am a guardian of the Japanese shima realm. My destiny is to return all the shimas back to the darkness."

"Miss, you are going to hell for lying," said Nina.

"You don't believe me?" Nina shook her head. "If..." Miyu stumbled backward on the car and sat on it weakly. Larva rushed up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You must be hungry," said Larva in a low and serious tone. "Come on, Miyu. Take my blood." He cupped her face with his hands and lifted her face toward his neck. Nina watched them as Miyu's face turned away from her and stopped at Larva's neck. For a moment, they stayed at that position.

"Stop acting...," started Nina. However she didn't finish her sentence, when she saw Larva's hand dropped down from Miyu's shoulder and hung limply on his side. "Mister??" Larva slumped forward on Miyu's body and leaned on her body weakly.

"Larva," asked Miyu as she opened the door to the car. She placed him gently in the car. "Rest now." Miyu got out of the car and turned to look at the Nina. Nina's eyes widened in horror when she saw the deep red color on Miyu's lips. Miyu's golden eyes don't look pretty to her anymore. Instead it gave her an eerie feeling and a sense of terror. Miyu's face shifted into a smile when she saw Nina standing there in shock. She walked up to her slowly with one of her hand stretched out to her. "Give me your blood and I will give you eternal happiness." Nina took two steps backward when Miyu approached her. "Don't be scared. It won't hurt. Don't you want to escape from your pain?" Nina's face lit up in terror when Miyu stood in front of her. Before Miyu could touch her, Nina turned around and ran straight to the store.

"Mommy!!!!" Miyu watched with a smile when she saw Nina yanking open the door to the store.

"I'll say that went very well," said Larva when he slid out of the car. He took off his mask and smiled at her. "However, I could not say that for our case. Don't you think it is best we get out of here before her mother decides to hunt us down?"

"Yes." Miyu walked back quickly to the passenger side while Larva pulled out the pump and closed the door to his gas tank. He quickly got on his driver seat and started the car. As they sped out of the gas station, they could see an angry woman walking out of the store with a little girl in her hands.

"I don't think she will wander off by herself again," said Larva while Miyu was trying to scrub the lipstick off her lips. She nodded her head and lay back on her seat. They continued to drive in silence as they headed toward his father's house. When they reached there, many cars were parked around the area. He parked his car on his reserved area and got out of the car. He quickly walked up to Miyu's side and opened the door for her.

"Thank you," said Miyu as she stepped outside. "But I could...Larva!" Miyu cried out in alarm as Larva lifted her up in his arms. "Let me down," she said calmly. Larva knew that he was treading on dangerous ground but he ignored her demand.

""I'm your servant, Miyu," said Larva while returning her with an irritating smile of his. "I am supposed to serve you."

"Then listen to my command and put me down."

"No," Larva refused. He watched in silence when she pulled back one of her hand to punch him. "I wouldn't do that. If I fall, you will fall as well."

"I would rather risk the pain," Miyu said. Before she could punch him, Larva placed her down on the ground. "Wise decision."

"You're wrong. The right decision would be to have me carry you into the house where the floor is clean and smooth than to walk there on your bare feet." Miyu looked down at her bare feet. "I have no intention of carrying you if you cut your feet on the ground." When Miyu didn't say anything, Larva picked her back up in his arms and carried her to his house. Carlua was waiting near the door with a young man with short wavy black hair.

"Don't bother me, Lemunia," said Carlua distractively while she continued to look for Larva. "Go play with someone else." She didn't notice the sadness in his face as she continued to look for Larva. She saw him coming and her face lit up in a smile. "Lar..." Her cried died in her throat when she saw him carrying Miyu in his arms. Lemunia turned to look in the direction that she was staring and frowned. She turned away from the door and disappeared into the crowd.

"Carlua, wait," cried Lemunia. He tried to follow her but failed, when he lost here amongst the crowd. He turned around in anger and glared at Larva as he placed Miyu on the floor of his home. He walked up to Larva and glared at him. "Who is she?!"

Larva looked at the angry young man standing in front of him and turned to look at Miyu. "This is Miyu," Larva said flatly. "She is my partner." Lemunia stepped back in shock.

"Your partner? But I thought..." He looked at Miyu to find her observing him. "Carlua saw you together." Larva's face darken when he heard what Lemunia said.

"I'll talk to her," said Larva. "Watch over Carlua if you can, Lemunia." Lemunia gave him a quizical look and nodded his head. He turned to Miyu and shook her hand.

"My name is Lemunia. It is my pleasure to meet you."

"The same," said Miyu. Larva tapped her softly on her shoulder and they turned to face Spartoi and Lemures as they come toward them.

"Hey," greeted Spartoi happily. "You guys are late. Pazusu had been waiting for you two." Larva nodded his head and they all headed toward Larva and Carlua's foster father. They found him talking to some of his business workers with Carlua hanging on his arms. He was dressed in a white turban and his beautiful dark hair was tied back into a ponytail. They both turned to look at them as they approached. Carlua quickly excused herself when she saw Miyu and walked away. Lemunia followed right after her.

"Larva," said Pazusu as he walked up to his foster son. "I haven't seen you for such a long time." He wrapped his arms around him and they hugged each other tightly. "How have you been?"

"I'm doing fine, father," said Larva. Although she didn't show it, Miyu was quite surprise to see some tears in Larva's eyes when he looked at his father. "How have you been doing?"

"Never been better since I saw you," said Pazusu. He turned toward Miyu's direction. "You must be Miyu." Miyu nodded her head and shook his hand. "Thank you for watching over my son."

"Your son don't need other people to look after him," said Miyu. "His skills are better than mine."

"Don't believe her, father," said Larva. "Miyu is just being humble...however, this is the first time she has ever admitted that I am better than her." He noticed the little smile Miyu was giving him, so he knew he should not push the matter further.

"Spartoi and Lemures have told me a lot about you," said Pazusu. He frowned when some of his colleagues called out for him. "We should talk some time."

"It would be my pleasure," Miyu said politely.

"I'll come with you," said Larva. He only spared one glance at Miyu before he walked away with his father. Spartoi and Lemures looked at Miyu and shrugged their shoulder.

"So...what do you want to see," asked Lemures.

"I don't know," said Miyu. "There is nothing I am particularly interested to see." She turned to Lemures. "However, I would like to know, from your own mouth, the detail of the test result." Spartoi laughed out loud, while Lemures frowned slightly.

"Why am I not surprised," Lemures murmured. "As I've said before, they were both killed around 11pm. The bullets that were found near their area are similar to the bullets that are in their gun. However, these bullets did not come from their own guns, therefore, we could throw away the idea of suicide. From their wounds, we also confirmed that the distant they were shot were approximately three feet away from the shooter." He took a sipped of his drink. "Ack...Champagne." He turned around and poured the rest of them in another person's glass, while the woman holding the glass was busily talking to someone else. "No other injuries were found on their bodies, so that means there wasn't any struggle between them and their murderer. Therefore, it indicates they must have known their killer. Footsteps and other information were obscured because the murderer swept the ground. And their van was found where they have stopped when they went and chased after you guys." Miyu nodded her head.

"That is still not much to go by," said Miyu. "All we just knew is that they are assassins from Quarl."

"And there is no hint for any motive too," said Spartoi. "We couldn't find anything in their van."

"Come on, Spartoi," said Lemures. "We both know what the mo..." Spartoi hit him softly on his chest when Miyu looked upward abruptly.

"Did Larva say anything to you?" she asked coolly. They both looked at her in confusion.

"Huh, Larva?" Lemures walked up to her. "What would Larva have to say to us?"

"Nothing." For a moment they stood there in an uncomfortable silence. Some beautiful women walked up to them and invited Spartoi and Lemures to dance. "Go," said Miyu when they both glanced at her with uncertainty. She watched them as they walked away. Annoyed with the crowd and their flashing costumes, she quickly retreated to the patio to think things over. She didn't stood there for long when Larva came and joined her.

"Boring, isn't it," asked Larva. Miyu nodded her head. He handed a glass of water to her but she placed it on the rail.

"There is something I want to know," said Miyu.

"Speak."

"The Quarl are not only after me, aren't they? They are also after you." Miyu saw the frown appeared on Larva's face.

"You're right," said Larva. "Remember what Spartoi said? He told you that the gang was ruined because…"

"I know," Miyu interrupted. "I deduced that it was you."

Larva nodded his head. "I was an undercover cop three years ago and they sent me to investigate the Panmatsu Devil. I joined in their gang, so that I could get inside information. At first, I was just a little rookie but one day, I saved Cait Sith's life and I was promoted to be one of his top supervisor." He took a drink from his cup of water and sighed. They stood there in silence, staring up at the stars. She placed her hand on his shoulder to indicate she understood. "I'm sorry, Miyu. I will tell you when I am ready."

"Apologies are not needed," said Miyu. "You've respect my right, and I respect yours. But right now, what is important is that, I know that they are not only after me. They are after you as well."

"And that is where I have some things that I don't understand," said Larva. "Why are they only after you and not Yui? They know Yui is your sister but yet, she had been safe for so many years." He turned to look at her. "She is in the United State for so many years yet nothing happen to her. Why are they only after you?"

"I don't know," said Miyu. "Maybe Gia knew I was there when he killed my father and mother, so that is why he is after me."

"That wouldn't be a sufficient answer," said Larva. "You aren't the only one that saw them. Some other people saw them too."

"I know. But I can't think of other reason besides that. If they want to kill me because my father broke up their gang then that would also applied to Yui and me. I can't think of one specific reason why they want to target me, only."

"And why would they waste their best assassins on killing you? Why would Cait Sith use so much effort to capture you and kill you?"

"I'm not the only one he wants," Miyu reminded him. "But you just brought up an interesting issue. Why did they drive over here? Why did they tie us in a position that they know we could escape easily?" Larva shook his head as he contemplated Miyu's question. Miyu looked out at the forest in frustration, but in an instant it all came to her. "I know why." She turned to look at Larva. "They didn't plan to kill us at all." Larva quickly nodded his head in understanding.

"You're right," said Larva. "Now that you mention it, it all made sense now. The whole thing was a warning to us. Ami and Water Lipper could have killed us but they only chased us. When Ami shot you, Water Lipper told him that Cait Sith want us alive, not dead. This whole thing is a set up."

"First of all, they drugged us but not too strongly so that they could make sure that we wake up before they reach their destination. Second, they tied us in a position, that they know we could escape easily. Third, they brought us here, because they know this area is your territory and you will have the advantage over them." Larva nodded his head. "But something doesn't make sense. Why did Ami and Water Lipper chased after us even though they are suppose to let us go? Why did they pursue us so violently?"

"It must all be under the order of Cait Sith," Larva said flatly. "Assassins who work under him never asked questions. I think Cait Sith must have ordered them to capture us and bring us to this certain destination. He must have also told them to drug, tied, and placed us in certain ways so that we could escape easily. When we escaped from them, Cait Sith had them killed even though he knew we would escape." He hit the rail and Miyu have to grab her glass of water or else it would have toppled over the rail. "They were just a pawn in his own game."

"Cait Sith is just as bad as the last leader," Miyu said coldly.

"You know the last leader," Larva asked cautiously.

"Yes. Actually, my father was the one who put her in jail."

"Your father?"

"Yes, and he was the one who killed her too." She noticed the surprised look on Larva's face and sighed. "Mother, Yui, and I were also there that night."

**Flashback**

"Hi father!" Miyu's father looked up from his work and smiled when he saw his wife and two little daughters running straight at him. He opened his arms and took them in his arms.

"How is my two little detectives doing?" asked their father.

"I caught Yui looking at my diary," said Miyu proudly. Yui blushed from embarrassment. Their father laughed when Yui playfully hit Miyu on her arms.

"You weren't supposed to be there," said Yui. "You said that you would be outside."

"I said that so that I could catch you," said Miyu.

"Miyu," scolded her mother. "How many times have I told you to stop lying?" Miyu looked downwards, while Yui stuck out her tongue at her.

"Come on, honey," said her father. "Don't scold Miyu. She is just playing right?"

"Right," said Miyu.

"And you are the one that is being the bad role model," said her mother. Her father smiled at her, as they continued their normal bickering. Yui smiled, but Miyu watched the sight with a yawn. While they continued to throw little insults at each other, Miyu grabbed one of the lunchbox that her mother had made for her father and Gia and tried to look for Gia. She didn't saw him in the room, so she went outside to look for him. As she searched around, she saw a dark figure creeping across the prisoner's field.

"She is trying to escape," thought Miyu. She looked around and found an alarm. Without thinking, she slammed the lunch box on the alarm. A blaring noise pierced the silent night as the alarm went off. Miyu watched as the shadow started to break into a run. "Father," Miyu screamed out loud as she chased after the shadow. Her father ran out of his office to find his daughter in hot pursue of the escaping suspect. He cursed and ran after them as fast as he can. It didn't take long for him to catch up with his little daughter.

"Go back to your mother," her father ordered as he passed her and continued to chase after the shadow. Miyu panted from exhaustion and watched her father, while he chased after the shadow. Policemen were already surrounding the area but the suspect was still running at top speed towards the wall. "Freeze!" The suspect ignored Miyu's father's warning and continued to run. Miyu watched in shock when her father took out his gun and fired at the suspect. The person felled down on the floor immediately and remained in that position.

*End of Flashback*

"I didn't know who that person was until my father told me she was the leader of the Quarl." Miyu turned to look at Larva only to find him staring at her seriously. "Speak."

"The person that your father killed was Cait Sith's mother," Larva said flatly. Miyu looked at him and nodded her head.

"I suspected that. I guess it make sense now, doesn't it?"

"And this mean you are in danger, more than you ever expect. They are moving in on us."

"Not on you," said Miyu. "Mainly on me."

"On us both," Larva said firmly. He lifted up his glass of water to her. "Do you remember?" Miyu looked at her glass of water and held on to it tightly in her hand.

"You'll be in danger."

"I know." Miyu smiled and lifted her glass of water up to his.

"You won't regret this?" Miyu asked the final time. Larva clicked their glasses together and they both drain the water in their glasses. "I think they didn't think that we would end up being partners."

Larva nodded his head. They stood in silence as they looked out to the stars.

"Larva?" He turned around to find Lemunia calling out his name. He walked up to them and smiled at Miyu. "Carlua wants to see you." Larva nodded his head.

"Okay," said Larva. He turned to Miyu and gave her his empty glass. "I will get you once I finish talking to my cousin." She nodded her head and watched him stepped back into the ballroom.

"Pazusu would like to see you," said Lemunia. Miyu nodded her head and they both walked into the ballroom. People were laughing and talking as they compliment each other's costume. Miyu caught Spartoi showing off his sword skills to some girls, while Lemures shook his head and laughed when Spartoi stumbled on a rug. "Your relationship with Larva...is he only your partner?" Miyu looked back at Lemunia with surprise.

"Larva is my partner," said Miyu simply. "And he saved me before. I own him my life." Lemunia nodded his head and remained silent because he knew that was the best answer that she could give him. They found Pazusu taking a rest at one corner of the room. He stood up from his chair when he saw Miyu. "Please sit, sir." Pazusu nodded his head and sat down on his chair. Miyu sat right across to him. Lemunia bowed his head to Pazusu and walked away.

"Are you having fun, Miyu," asked Pazusu. When Miyu didn't say anything, he laughed slightly. "I'm not having that much fun either, so don't worry if you're not."

"I'm not worried," said Miyu.

Pazusu nodded his head. "You remind me of Larva so much, do you know that? Your personalities are so similar." When Miyu didn't say anything, he smiled. "Lemures told me that you two were put together in the first place. How do you like Larva now?"

"He is a good partner," Miyu said flatly. "I couldn't have asked for a better one."

"And I believe he couldn't have asked for a better one either," said Pazusu. "Thank you for saving my son's life."

"I am the one they want. Therefore, it is my responsibility to look after Larva." Pazusu nodded his head.

"Do you know about Larva's past?"

"I know as much as he is willing to tell me," said Miyu.

Pazusu sighed and shook his head. "You really are quite similar to each other. It's no wonder Larva gets along with you so well." He sighed and waved his hand around to indicate the whole house. "Do you like this mansion?"

"I prefer simplicity."

"Larva preferred that too," Pazusu murmured. "That is why he chose to become a detective." A maid walked by and handed them two cups of coffee. "Larva's father and Carlua's father are my partners in our company. One day, they went to..."

"I know," Miyu interrupted. "Larva told me how his parent died."

"Then I won't bother to go into the deep explanation." He took a sip of his coffee. "Larva and Carlua are the heirs to their parent's portion of the company. I am just looking over for them till the time comes. However, I never expected Larva to become a detective." When Miyu continued to sit there in silence, Pazusu continued on with his story. "At first, I was surprised because I thought that Larva would follow his father's footsteps. He has the potential because he worked for our company when he was on holiday. However, I think that his interest is just not there." He placed his cup back on the table. "Larva is always silent. He hardly shows his emotion." He looked at Miyu and smiled. "I remember that he said he would never find a partner because he doesn't like to work with other people."

"I guess that means I'm special," Miyu said wryly.

"You are," said Pazusu. "You are special to Larva." He leaned forward to Miyu. "Lemures and Spartoi told me how Larva has been treating you for these past few weeks and frankly speaking we are quite amazed at his actions."

"You aren't the only one."

Pazusu laughed at her remark, but his face quickly reverted back to a serious expression. "I mean it. Larva has never worried for anyone so much before...well, not that openly. Larva don't like to express his emotion to other people and to have him showing you so much of his affection, indicates that you must mean a lot to him." He took Miyu's hands in his. "Please promise me this, Miyu. As a father to him, Larva means a lot to me. You seem to be the only one who manages to break his barrier. Help me take care of him."

Miyu looked at the older man as he pleaded to her. "Larva is also the only person that manages to break my barrier," Miyu thought to herself. She nodded her head and smiled at Pazusu. "I'll do what I can." Pazusu smiled and leaned backward onto his chair. He released her hands and grabbed for his cup of coffee.

"Thank you."

*****Pazusu's study room*****

"Carlua," called out Larva, when he stepped into the room. He found her standing there with her back faced toward the door. He closed the door slowly and leaned back on it. For a moment, they stood there in silence as each of them waited for the other to say something. When three minutes past and she didn't said anything, Larva straightened up from his position and reached for the door.

"Do you love me?" Larva turned around to look at Carlua. She slowly turned to face him with tears streaming down her face. "I asked you, do you love me."

Larva sighed. "Carlua, I care for you as my cousin and that is all." He looked at her as she stumbled backwards and hit the table. Larva walked toward her when she cried out from pain, but before he reached her, she raised up a hand to stop him.

"Don't touch me," she whispered as she tried to control her emotion. "I can't bear to have you touch me, right now."

"I'm sorry Carlua," Larva said flatly. "I don't want to lie to you. I'll leave you in peace." Larva turned around to leave only to have Carlua pounced on him and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Don't leave me." She cried on his shirt. "Don't leave me, Larva."

"I'm so..."

"I don't need your apologizes," Carlua snapped. "I just want you to stay here with me!"

Larva gently pried her hands away from him. "I can't stay. If I do, I will end up hurting you more." He took two steps towards the door but she ran up to him and blocked his way. "Carlua."

"Then do you love her?" Larva looked at her blankly as she glared at him. "Answer me!"

"Miyu is my partner. That is all it is between us." Larva walked past her but she grabbed him by his arm.

"Liar! I saw how you looked and acted around her!" She looked at him pleadingly. "Please, just tell me the truth." Larva stared at her silently and gently took her hand away from his arm. She watched him as he reached for the door.

"I don't know how I feel for Miyu," said Larva. "I just know..." Larva paused when he remembered what Miyu said to him in the cave. "I just know that we are bounded by destiny." He turned to look at Carlua. "Miyu needs me. I am one of the people that she trusts."

"She needs you," Carlua murmured. "I need you too."

Larva shook his head. "I need her. Somehow, she is very important to me, because she is the only person that can break down my barrier." Larva opened the door and stepped out. "And I am very important to her, because I am the first and only person she has ever trusted for a long time." He closed the door and left Carlua crying softly in the room. Lemunia was waiting outside of the room. He looked at Larva when he stepped out of. "Have you heard everything?" Lemunia nodded his head. Larva walked passed him and patted him on the shoulder. He could hear Lemunia opening the door quietly and entering the room. Larva headed down the stairs and started to search for Miyu. He saw her talking to his father. As he made his way there, he saw Pazusu taking his hands away from Miyu. Miyu smiled at Pasuzu and looked up in Larva's direction.

"Hi, Larva," she said when he finally reached them.

"What were you two talking about," Larva asked when Miyu and Pazusu stood up to greet him.

"Nothing much," said Pazusu. "I was just telling Miyu about our company." He turned to look at Miyu and smiled at her. "Are you two leaving?"

"Yes, father," said Larva. He hugged Pazusu.

"Come back and see me often." He shook Miyu's hand. "You try to come back too." Miyu nodded her head. With one last wave, they departed from his presence.

"What did you two talk about?" Larva asked Miyu as they went through the crowd.

"You are a detective," said Miyu. "Try to figure it out yourself." She giggled when Larva remained silent. When they reached the door, she looked at Larva and shook her head. "I would rather walk myself." However, when Larva picked her up, she did not struggled. He placed her back on the car and drove off. On the way back home, they sat in silence as they contemplated the events happened at the ball.

Larva glanced at Miyu occasionally, while she sat there staring out into the forest. "She have the right to know," thought Larva as he drove back home. "It is the right thing to do." When they reached back home, Larva parked his car. Miyu stepped out of the car and walked through the grassy front lawn to reach to the door. He took the mask he had left inside the car and opened the front door for her.

"Goodnight, Larva," said Miyu as she walked back to her room.

"Wait." Miyu turned around only to find Larva standing right behind her. She looked up at him and waited for him to speak. "Before we leave for Japan tomorrow, I need to bring you to an important place." Miyu nodded her head. He smiled and turned to walk back to his room. "Goodnight Miyu." With a slight yawn, Miyu waved goodnight before she stepped into her room. She walked up to her bed and took off her contact lens before she plopped down on her bed and fell asleep.

Author's note:

Hmm...I know that it have been a while since I update...sorry...I have been really busy for these past few months...summer school and work...they could drive you nuts. I hope you like this chapter...especially the scene with the little girl...hehehe. I have fun writing that. Is it too dramatic?? I mean the part where Larva and Carlua have their conversationa and the part about Miyu's past. I hope it isn't. I know that there wasn't a case in this chapter and there wasn't too much action but I can gurantee there is going to be a lot of them in the next. And well, Larva and Miyu's characters seem to be out of the ordinary but maybe this is due to the lack of action and well, like the title said, confession. They tend to show more of their emotion over here instead of keeping their cool. But don't worry, they won't be like this for long...yep, a little sappy in this chapter (don't really like writing sappy story). I hope you like this chapter. Oh yeah, I will try to update this sooner because I finished with one of my fanfic so I have more time to work on this. See ya in next chapter and acknowledgement is written right after disclaimer....right at the top of the chapter.