Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ Mystic Eyes ❯ Four. ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Title: Mystic Eyes
Part: Four.
Series: Tenkuu no Escaflowne
Author: Chibi Koji no da
Pairing: Allen x Gaddes
Rating: PG-15
Warning: AU, OOC, some mild angst

Disclaimer: Mwahahahaa, I have an Allen cel, and I have a Gaddes cel - they belong to me mwaaaahahahaha... unfortunately, the images are copyright to the companies, and I don't own that... so really I don't own them at all ... waah... sob... sniff... I'll just continue using them for my own nefarious plots however.... mwahahahahahahahaha!

MYSTIC EYES.

// "Allen," she beamed happily, "I saw the levi-ship from the castle and came down to get the message, I didn't think that you would be here - Van will be pleased to see you, is Gaddes here too?" she looked about her, expecting to find Allen's brunette shadow somewhere nearby.

He managed to hide the look of pain on his face before Meruru looked back up at him, "No - Sergeant Gaddes is staying at the fortress this time."

"Oh." she looked a little disappointed, it was a well known fact that the neko-shoujo and the rough Sergeant got on well. Allen had the feeling that Meruru knew some things that he didn't and sometimes when they all met up, he would catch her giving him an odd look that unnerved him a little.

Grabbing his arm, she shook her head and smiled, "Never mind - I didn't really think he would come anyway - Milerna-Hime will be attending." and with a giggle, she dragged the Heavenly Knight into the castle to go and find its King. //


PART FOUR.

"Van-sama!" Meruru called out as they neared the King's chamber, the place she assured Allen, that Van would most likely to be found. Opening the heavy door she peered round, and smiled as she caught sight of the Fanelian King sitting in a chair that looked to be sinfully comfortable, "Van-sama - the message from Allen arrived."

"Thank you Meruru," Van smiled, standing and walking towards her, "Where is it?"

"Right here," she beamed, and pushed Allen inside the room.

"Allen!" Van exclaimed happily, "It's good to see you!"

"It's good to see you too Your Majesty," Allen bowed half from the waist, aware that the door was still open, and that until he was sure it was just the three of them, he would have to behave formally.

"There's no need for that Allen," Van frowned slightly, "No-one really calls me Majesty, Van-sama yes - Majesty no; and no," he pinned Allen with a look that attempted to be stern, "I do not want to be called Van-sama by you - just Van will suffice."

"Yes Your Majesty," Allen grinned evilly as Van groaned and sat back down in his comfortable chair.

"Where's Sergeant Gaddes?" Van gestured for Allen to sit in the chair opposite.

"He decided that he did not want to come, his reply is in the letter," Allen forced a smile on his face, wincing when he realised Van could see how fake it was, and he was sure that after Meruru disappeared off, he would be grilled about what had really happened. For a man six years younger than him, Van was really persistent when he wanted to be - still, that was what made him a good friend.

"I see," Van took the letter and unrolled it, scanning past his own words, he reached Gaddes's addition and sniggered a few times as he read it.

"Something funny Van?" Allen leant back in the chair, and wondered what his Second had written that Van was finding so funny.

"Hmm?" Van looked up with a grin, "It just seems that Sergeant Gaddes can be quite um... eloquent when it comes to reasoning why he can't be in the same room as the Princess - the same city, or country if he can help it."

"Ah." like Meruru, Allen was sure that Van knew things that he didn't - but he never felt particularly pressured to ask; it just irritated him occasionally when he did something and they seemed either surprised, or amused.

"Van-sama," Meruru piped up from behind his chair, "I have to go down to the stables, I'm supposed to be getting my lesson now." she leant down and licked Allen's face once more, "It's nice seeing you here Allen." and with that, she scampered out of the room, closing the door behind her.

Silence reigned for a few moments, before Van turned his dark eyes on Allen and asked, "So, what's really going on?"

Allen sighed heavily, and wondered how he could explain himself without sounding stupid, or without letting on that he played better with the boys; deciding to go with a partial truth he spoke, "Gaddes and I had a misunderstanding, making things a little tense at the moment - and since I was coming here, I decided that a little space would be in order, I can't have our personal disagreement to get in the way of running the fort."

"I see," Van looked sympathetic as he stretched upwards, his shirt pulling up past his stomach as he did so. It wasn't a secret in his group of friends, that Van was interested in the blond Knight - the only one who didn't seem to know, was the Knight himself.

His respect for Gaddes had always stopped him from pursuing the man for a spot of pleasure; he didn't seriously expect it to be love or anything, he was a King after all - one that needed to get married and have an heir, but if Gaddes wasn't on good terms with Allen - then he would go for it; a sort of birthday present to himself.

Allen watched his friend twist and stretch in the chair, revealing a swatch of honey coloured skin. Although madly in love with Gaddes, he was still human, and male enough to recognise eye-candy when he saw it. Turning his head with a delicate cough, he started talking, "I must have put you out turning up like this, later on I'll head into town and book a room at one of the taverns."

"Nonsense," Van smiled warmly, "You're my guest. It won't take the servants long to set up chambers for you, but you can stay in mine tonight - I won't hear of you staying in a tavern." he was very pleased with the turn events were taking; all he would have to do, was convince Allen that a couple of weeks of fun with his body was what he needed - and that if he and Gaddes weren't together, then it didn't hurt anyone. It would take some convincing on his part, with Allen still pretending that he didn't like men, but he was a Fanelian - and if anything Fanelians were good at, it was capturing stubborn beasts.