Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ New Blood ❯ It Begins... ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue: It Begins…

~

Months passed. In time, Alexia, Gabriel, and the whole mess became nothing more than a memory. An insubstantial dream with lessons that weren't easily forgotten. The Dragonslayers trained and prepared like never before and in the end a handful were ready to be sent out on the mission that would have unimaginable repercussions for centuries to come. It was the unforeseen beginning to the Gaean Destiny War, the most crucial point in the history of a unique and amazing world.

To those involved, however, it was simply following orders.

Shesta gazed out of his cockpit at the land below. Forests and rivers crossed the landscape in a stunningly beautiful arrangement, broken by tiny villages and narrow packed earth roads. It was all very quaint, very simple and easy. Very vulnerable.

"I've spotted a clearing, due west," Dallet's voice crackled in over the comm system, "Touch down and report, then we move in."

"This is going to be easy." Gatty piped in cheerfully.

"Just get the dragon and get out," Viole added, "Two months of training for this?"

"They're not completely unarmed," Shesta countered, diving towards the clearing and keeping an eye out for witnesses, "Don't forget about the samurai."

"Piece of cake," Guimel chuckled. "Their guymelefs are outdated and we have the element of surprise. You shouldn't worry so much."

Shesta smirked.

One after the other, the five touched down and cloaked. Shesta glanced around, mentally counting the wavering shapes among the trees. All ready and accounted for. He breathed a quiet sigh, then grinned a private grin. After all the months of toil, the pieces were finally about to fall into place. Through the trees he could see the placid capital of Fanelia, a bustle of activity and simplicity in the midst of a world yearning for change. There was no better place to start.

Whether the world liked it or not, whether time was ready, whether fate agreed, the story of Escaflowne, the story that would be told for generations to come, was about to begin.

The rest would be history.