Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ From The Inside ❯ No Reason ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Omi and everyone just stared at the dead phone; Farfarfello chuckled darkly from a small corner. Omi just stared at the phone, beginning to physically shake; his eyes were wide and full of fear, he tried to slow his breathing and recomposed himself, he glanced at Nagi who looked stunned, and everyone in the room was stunned and speechless. Crawford immediately asked what the hell was wrong with his comrade.
"I don't know, I've never seen or heard him like this. I've heard the others whispering and mumbling about it but never really understood much less cared about it until now. I didn't even think he would actually try and kill someone."
The last two of the remaining three looked right at Omi, and drew their guns at him. Farfarfello immediately stopped laughing and glared at them. Schuldig also took the defensive as Crawford and Nagi stood where they were thinking.
"What is with you two? You've known him less than a week and your acting like his known you for so long like a friend. Explain this Crawford."
"He unknowingly tapped into Nagi, and Farfarfello's memories. He has yet to try me and Schuldig in fear what we will do to him, he seems to be helping Farfarfello's mental state and Nagi's unsocial behavior toward people."
"He is also a nice thing to look into once and awhile." Schuldig added. One of them did a sharp intake of breath in the mentioning Farfarfello and Omi's somewhat relationship. One grew angry and ordered them out to the scene, Omi obeyed immediately though with disgust.
:We need to meet Abyssinian:
:Why Crawford?:
:I will discuss it when this is done. :
:Fine, be that way.:

There in the light, memories are unbearable
Faces surround and voices all overwhelm
Here in the night, there is only the here and now
Angel of Darkness, I, soon comes the light of day
No Reason, Weiss Kreuz



Chp.8 No Reason

The tunnel was dark, slightly misty and the air hung pungent with the smell of death and blood. When Omi jumped down the elevated stone stairs of a six, he gripped his hands together creating a loud clap, making him wince. One of the men raised a brow amused by what he thought was a performance. Omi did not like this guy less and less by the second.
"Sense something kid?"
"Why would you care?"
"I'm not in the mood to fight a kid your size."
"Why you-"
"Stop this both of you, Richard, you're an adult, Omi a teenager. You both are beginning to-"
"Shut up Crawford." Shouted the other man, Crawford stiffened and looked right at the man, who slunk back to where he was leading them. Omi sighed loudly and glared that the man who in return gave him the finger, Omi's eyes flashed, and the man ran back to his comrade, Omi went and caught up with Schuldig.
"You do realize your eyes just flashed a deep shade of blue."
"Didn't realize it, Could have been the other me."
"Other me?" Schuldig's foot crunched loudly a long thin shaft of something that looked like someone's decomposed forearm; Schuldig's curse in German brought the others to attention. Crawford asked what the matter was and noticed the jabbed remain of a once human boy and jogged back over to where Omi, Schuldig and Farfarfello were, the two men just walked.
"Who do you think it is, Crawford?"
"How should I know Jinx?"
"Get the boy to test his skill." Crawford turned and looked at the second youngest person present.
"I guess I can try."
"No guessing, just do it."
Omi ignored him for once, and knelt down on one knee, he felt a tingling sensation of warmth spread from his palm and slowly up his arms, and he felt jittery as he thought about what he might see. Pushing all his thoughts aside and locked away so they wouldn't interfere, he wrapped his hand around the sickly feeling shaft. With the first touch, Omi's eyes became dimly lit and half closed, he felt tired and full of energy at the same time. His back went rigid.

"STOP! PLEASE STO-"
Omi watched a fight breaking out before his eyes, he looked around quickly everything was still the same, nothing looked different except the fact only him, and the two figures were present. It was well lit down in the tunnel, there was track-laying equipment lying around everywhere, ready for use when they were needed. He found himself standing on a bucket, yet his foot went right through I, he moved it up and down, yet the bucket did not budge, nothing around him did. Was he a ghost? Or was this a faint memory?
He turned back his attention on the ensuing fight, the person was stabbed right through the heart with a sharp piece of steel, thin and sharp, it reminded him greatly of Farfarfello's blades, yet the clothes were not of the era it belonged in. He suddenly felt the blade entering his own heart, Omi clutched his chest, everything was suddenly spinning, and he focused to see correctly. These men were dressed in the clothing worn during the days of Ancient Japan. Blinked in confusion, he wished he could kick himself for the mistake...

I must have picked up something else to give me the setting. Damn.He was about to shout in confusion, the blade withdrew and the man that was stabbed turned and around and began running backwards, his assailant running right through Omi's body, quickly followed by the victim.
"I'll pay you anything just don't kill me!"
Omi finally got to see the assailants face, yet it didn't make sense still. He stored the image away to see he could find any historical figure.

:It almost looks like an assassination by Kritiker…or maybe Estet…who knows…:

"What's wrong with the kid?"
Omi immediately stood up with the comment, his form completely still as if controlled, his eyes were still dim and half closed as the refocused and blinked and looked around. He felt cold, and dehydrated. He felt as if his knees would buckle, he felt truly and deathly exhausted. He hadn't meant to travel that far into the past, he was able to withstand at the most fifty years but centuries? He felt as if he was going to throw up, and he wasn't going to regurgitate food, blood sounded better.
"Crawford…I think I'm going to throw up…"
"You are not about to-"
"…Blood…"
"What?!" Nagi's alarmed voice, made a sharp pain in his head and he fell to his knees.
"What did you see?" Mo one made an attempt to help him.
"Assassination…h-he was stabbed threw the heart, I felt it."
"Get up…it is only a phantom effect. You will feel this way every time-"
Omi actually threw up the pungent, crimson liquid. He didn't bother to wipe the blood from his lips, as he stared at the ground blankly and quietly whispered, Schuldig lightly probed his mind and replayed the event forward, he shook his head and discussed what Omi say in the past. The two men grabbed Omi and ran away, Farfarfello going after them, as Nagi began to set up a shield.

o-O


Aya was still holding the receiver in one hand.
His entire face was covered by a giant shadow he seemed able to manipulate almost to his will; Yohji and Ken both hated it. They needed to see his eyes in order know what was happening and what emotion was in control or insanity was still reigning free. Ken was itching to have one of his bugnucks. Yohji was the only one armed and his arm was extended forward, hand upon his watch just in case. Kaoru had yet to return and both men were grateful for it. Oh all things Kaoru did not need to see his new teacher in an insane mood. It reminded him too much of the bastard Dämon…that was his new name. Yohji did not want to even tread a thought near the subject of the asshole.
Aya punch struck Ken right in the stomach, Ken shouted and Yohji without thinking punched Aya back, knocking him a foot away. An enjoyed gleam appeared on Aya's face as he went to the older blonde, his hand connecting to his throat and he began to choke him. Ken groaned, and staggered up and elbowed him in the gut; using the momentum he also slammed Aya into the nearby wall. A few potted plants shattered, yet the three men didn't care. Ken punched Aya hard in the head seeing this as his only chance maybe to literally knock some sense into him. It didn't work. Aya was in a furry, catching one of the punches, he threw Ken back and Yohji used his wire and tightened its grip as he began to slowly suffocate his field leader.
"Yohji…don't kill him…" Ken choked out, limping slightly toward him.
"We have to make sure."
"Sure of what…"
"S-stop-Y-Yohji...STOP!!!"
Aya rasped, the thin wire was easily beginning to cut deep into his throat, Ken didn't look convinced it was the real Aya or just a trick, Yohji gave in and loosened the wire. Aya struck out and knee him in the groin and lashed out part of the wire at Ken. Ken screamed, as Aya let loose a rancid grin, as the wire wrapped around Ken's arms and neck, four of the wire encircling his jugular vein. Aya stood kneeling to the ground, his head raised as a small splash of blood ran down his neck from Yohji's wire.
"Isn't this fun Kenken? Oh so much fun?"
Ken whimpered in response, his eyes pleading. Aya rubbed the blood from the side of his neck as more silently trickled out. The wire was wrapped around his right hand as he tightened it; the wire began to cut in the soft skin, as Ken whimpered louder.
"Please Aya…" He rasped, as he began to shake. "Are you scared?"
No answer.
"Are you scared, that I will killed you little kitten?" He loosened the wire to let him speak.
"Abyssinian…you're pathetic…. you're acting exactly like the one you despise the most…wake up."
"Who am I acting like? Why do you referencing me to someone I do no know?!"
"The one who hurt you, Ran…think…about yourself…think about…"
The wire immediately tightened, choking Ken in the process and it loosened in his grip slightly as a blank dark void filled Aya like a cup. His whole body stiffened, as he immediately dropped the wire, and heard the pain filled noises, as he looked to the floor and saw Yohji curled into a ball, glaring and cursing him. He looked to the doorway to the kitchen and his widened a bit. The figure stood feet shoulder length apart, their body tense, both hands around the small shaft of a 9 mm; the eyes tense as if staring down prey and them the predator. The long braid of hair gave the status of identity away, as Kaoru stood behind her, fearful.
"Of all people…Abyssinian leave Ran's psyche alone. This isn't a battlefield it's a damn flower shop. And personally, I'm ranking you along with Schrawz, I'll kill you if I must."
"Who the hell are you? The only thing I saw last of you was a silhouette-"
"It's Karasu nothing more. Now let go of Siberian and step away from Balinese."
He did what she asked, the wire fell soundlessly to the floor and Yohji immediately retracted it back into the watch groaning slightly at the effort as his arms hurt. Ken looked like he had barely enough energy to process the energy to stand much less hunch. Kaoru moved from behind the older woman and went to help move Ken to another room, she relaxed, put the safety on and went to Ran who still looked confused, dazed and in pain as he held onto his neck.
"I lost control over him." He quietly whispered.
"It wasn't your fault." He looked at her, defeated.
"I couldn't even control him."
"Listen Aya, stop the whole guilt trip. I personally don't know about the whole multiple personality bit but please explain to me what I was seeing."
"Abyssinian…its name is Abyssinian."
"You're Abyssinian…no one else is."
"His name is Abyssinian...my gift's name is Abyssinian." She looked at him carefully as he was someone entirely different…she silently cursed, she needed to ask Yohji on this later on.
"He's you Aya…not a gi-"
"HE IS TOO! Every time I hide myself away I feed him, he only lusts over my feelings, he lives and breathes of it! You don't understand any of this, so why help me? He's the other side of me, that doesn't show, and knows everything about people and me. He's the darkness within my heart; he's the other me! He's Abyssinian!"
She stalked away from him, looked for Yohji who had disappeared to get away from the scene, she turned the safety off, and she wanted answers and didn't give a damn how she was going to get them. She found Yohji in the kitchen rather successful starting a pot of hot water for tea, even though he was shaking pretty heavily even if he had been hit in the groin, was moving too much for his own good. She pointed the gun at him; he froze and looked at her, his eyes revealing no emotion, pulling back as the crimson haired man usually did. She was beginning to hate that arrogant look.
"Yohji sit down, I just want a few answers and a little information on what the fuck started that scene back there."
"Fine, go get Kaoru if you like."
"You're really going to tell me what's going in this flower shop?"
"You make it sound like we're all screwing each other, just go get him, the sooner the better."
She sighed heavily and called for the silver haired youth to come in, he called back saying he was bandaging Ken as Aya was watching over him. He sounded uneasy about his new teacher standing right over him watching him carefully. She got up and had to drag the boy away from his work, as she ordered Aya to go up into his room, and he strangely obeyed without uttering a sound. Ken whimpered slightly at his teammate's behavior and slowly, and painfully limped toward the stairway up to their rooms. Yohji muttered something like 'love struck fool' under his breath when Kaoru mentioned it. He told both of them to forget what he said when they asked him about it. Karasu dropped it, Kaoru didn't.

o-O

Aya collapsed onto the bed, feeling older than his years as he stared tiredly at the pale ceiling. He pulled himself so he could lie on his side and look distantly outside. Though it was just late midday it felt like it was just a bright evening. He wished that the cool darkness would come with the liquid pale blue color of the reported blue moon tonight. He smiled softly at the thought of finally being able to be conscious and actually see one. Every time he was suppose to see it, it was either the day of missions or he was too busy to give a damn. Or too exhausted, it was mostly too exhausted that he would miss also a blood red moon, or maybe an orange tinged one. He realized how long it had been he had seen the different colors of the moon and cursed.
The last time their was a moon he actually saw was that on the day of his 'rebirth', as some people like Manx and Birman had called with affection. He had hated the day when they started calling it that, he still hated it years later. He closed his eyes and thought his mother and father and Aya-chan and curled up into a ball and drifted restlessly to sleep. Ken slowly opened the door and checked on Aya and found him asleep, he smiled softly and closed the door behind him and went straight to his own room and try to sleep himself. He hummed the song known as 'Velvet Underworld' is was a poem he and Omi created while they thought of their alternative lives. It seemed to base partially on Abyssinian mostly. He reached the chorus as he finally made it to his own room, it cut off a abruptly when a hand shoved itself against his already injured throat and against the wall, he released a hard gasp as the gloved hand tightened against him, making spots appear in his eyes, this wasn't his day. The face brought itself forward, too close for Ken's liking.
"My, my, my…I've gotten myself a little kitten." Ken stiffened at the sound at the sound of His voice, and he immediately tried to fight and scream, he was too weak to do wither but he tried desperately. The dark laughter only made it worse as Ken just wished now to protect Aya from a waiting serpent. The sadistic smile appeared on his captor's face as he slowly whispered:
"I told you I would come after you." He slowly eased his grip.
"Oh Gods…please...don't-"
"Tell me what do you fear the most?"
"S-Schrawz…"
"Wrong answer little kitten."
"Why do you want me?"
"Silly question…you know the answer but if this helps…You are mine Hidaka, I will show you what happens to people who dare harm me. Ah…you know now, did you think I would let Estet have all the fun? I want you for myself little one."
"You…can't mean-"
That ghostly grin literally stopped Ken's heart for a moment. Then he meet sweet darkness.

o-O

Omi was really going to kill what both he and Schuldig agreed on mentally calling the men: Idiotic Son of Bitches. He usually didn't curse but he was now to the point of having been literally being kidnapped again was not going the right way. He grabbed a sharp piece of pip that struck up from the ground and stabbed the man in the back at an odd angle. At least it stopped the fool as his partner ran for his life only to have his body explode in a nice display of red and nice pieces of meat that looked like bloody beef. That thought was going to stay with him for some time. The man he was still alive but motionless on the ground as he squirmed away, Farfarfello jumped onto the man chest. Omi looked away but the sound brought the image clearly.
"You didn't have to jump on him."
"Will you bring forth blood?"
"I don't think so…I'm just dazed now. Please tell me, we can leave here." Crawford cut in.
"There's no point in coming here. Let's go."
Farfarfello carefully picked up the young archer, as Omi felt drowsily and limp in the man's arms.

-------

No one hurt me!!! *ducks* I'm referring to Ken on that part…if you didn't see that coming or have no idea what I'm talking about….you didn't read the story…READ!!! ;-; Don't skip... Anyway…please review, I wanna know if anyone has ideas or comments or lyrics or ANYTHING!!!!! Sorry it took so long to get this one here, I was hoping one a week most likely two weeks a chapter. Also....SERIOUS WARNING- Chp. 9 will be just like chp. 1 when having flashbacks except the fact they are actually happening. So I give it a strong warning of be CAREFUL when treading in it...though its an important part and brings in (I think, not sure) one last character...as a hint he's from the Drama CDs...
>_< Profile time…

Real Name: Classified
Name Used- Not Available
Codename- Karasu
Appearance- 21
Age- 19
Home base- Tokyo, Japan, Berlin Germany
Team- Weiss/ Classified
Weaponry- anything available, hacking

Food- German
Likes- traveling abroad, Hidaka Ken(love/hate), Gundam Wing, ravens (hence codename), night
Dislikes- Large crowds, inability to adapt to certain situations, Him
Weakness- Him, lust to destroy Birman
Past- Data Destroyed
Gift-Stopping motion/time for five minutes
Flower- Lily