Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Mission: Midwest ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

 
Nagi sighed and hung his head a little. He supposed he really shouldn't have done it but it had been far too tempting. He knew he shouldn't have corrected a teacher on an answer but damn it all she was doing was taking the Teacher's Edition book verbatim without double checking to see if it was right or not. He knew it was ridiculous and probably childish. The teacher had called the Principal who had in turn called his “Mother”, who was still laughing at him.. Bastard. But Schuldig had apparently played the concerned parent bit so well, probably aided by a little mental nudging, that they had given him detention instead of the three day suspension he'd been headed for. Not that he would have minded. It would have given him something interesting to do instead of listen to crap he already knew better than the damn teacher did. He shook his head and pushed open the door to the room.
 
The teacher supervising detention looked up from his papers. “Nick Black?” he asked.
 
Nagi sighed. He'd be so glad when he could go home to Japan and at least be called by his own name. “Yes, sir.”
 
“You can take a seat by Miss Crane,” the teacher said, nodding toward the only girl sitting in the class room at the back. The girl looked familiar in that “seen before but not sure where” sort of way. The black dye in her hair was starting to lighten and her blonde roots were showing through the dye job. Acid green eyeliner had been applied quite liberally to her top eyelid while royal purple lined the bottom, she smiled at him a little through orange lips, showing off a little of the vampire fangs attached to her own teeth.
 
He put his book bag on the desk and sat down then started rummaging through it. As long as he was here he might as well get what passed for homework done.
 
“Psst.”
 
Nagi looked up and around at the girl.
 
“What're you in for?”
 
“Correcting Mrs. Turley in class,” he whispered back. “You?”
 
“Calling Miss Yale and assiduously man hating cow.”
 
Nagi had to clap one hand over his mouth to keep from laughing out loud.
 
“That was good.”
 
“I thought so,” she said smugly smiling.
 
“Mr. Black and Miss Crane, you will refrain from talking. This is detention, after all,” the teacher said from the front of the room.
 
Nagi sighed and went back to rummaging in his bag again. Well, that had been short lived entertainment.
 
*poke*
 
Nagi didn't look up as he felt someone ping his mental shields. He presumed it was Schuldig trying to annoy him as usual and ignored it. He felt another ping on them a few seconds later and again waved it away. By the third time he was starting to lose what was left of his patience.
 
Damn it, Schuldig. Leave me alone.
 
Which one's Schuldig?
 
Nagi blinked rapidly for a few seconds, trying to process the fact that it was <i>not</I> Schuldig's voice he heard in his head this time. He looked around the room for a second and finally turned his head back to the girl sitting next to him.
 
Ah ha! Knew you were one!
 
One what?
 
One like me. Or kinda like me anyway. Felt it when you moved in across from us.
 
Nagi frowned a little then it registered where he had seen her.
 
You're Mary Crane's daughter?
 
Guilty as charged. More's the pity.
 
I haven't seen you much.
 
I'm not out much. Grounded `til I'm around thirty or so.
 
Why?
 
Mom caught me making out with my girlfriend and completely popped a microchip.
 
I can certainly see that happening.
 
Yeah. Speaking of moms, yours is really hot. I'd totally do her. If he was actually a girl that is.
 
She sat back a little in her seat and waited for the last statement to register. He turned a little more to look at her wide eyed and slightly open mouthed.
 
Don't stress on it. I'll keep your secrets as long as you keep mine. Deal?
 
Uh, hai. I mean, yes.
 
Sweet.
 
Why . . .
 
She shrugged slightly. Freaks gotta stick together.