Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ More than friends ❯ Chapter 4

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I no own
 
A/N: this chapter was actually edited, or beta-ed if you will, by the wonderful, amazing bly…aka blythe the spectacular.
 
Anyway mistakes in grammar, spelling etc. Please remember two things I more or less use the English system, and two it was all me not bly who can apparently grammar her way out of a bucket. Yes I am perfectly aware that makes no sense.
 
KD: is a snerk half a snicker ??? :P
 
Bly: you know I love ya…
 
Gr (formerly known as gothria): you know that I would never have posted the last chapter or possibly this without you
 
 
Part IV
 
Ran found Yohji in his room, lying on his bed flipping through a magazine; he barged right in and slammed the door behind him.
 
Yohji looked up and smiled at him. “It's alright, Ran. I know you were drunk. I forgive you.”
 
“Idiot,” the redhead growled. “You can't forgive people without them apologising first.”
 
“Well, I just did.” The playboy was still grinning.
 
“Well, you can't! People will walk all over you.”
 
“Ran, I know you were drunk. It's okay.”
 
“Well, you are an idiot. I wasn't drunk then!”
 
Yohji looked shocked for a few seconds, and then shrugged. “Well, I forgive you anyway.”
 
“You can't!”
 
“Why are you so angry, Ran?”
 
“You idiot, I just realised that I love you,” Ran snarled.
 
“What?”
 
It was only at Yohji's exclamation of surprise that Ran realised what he had just said. Okay fine, he wasn't in denial anymore, but did he have to blurt it out to Yohji just like that? He should have at least attempted to woo the man. Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound.
 
“What?” The blonde repeated, blinking in shock.
 
“I love you.” Ran's voice was calmer and softer all the anger had fled, replaced with something else.
 
Yohji closed the magazine for the first time since Ran had entered the room. He rolled off the bed and walked towards the door. He wasn't putting his heart through this grinder again. He was now recovering, prepared to be friends with the redhead and now, Ran was changing the rules yet again.
 
Too bad the redhead was blocking the door.
 
“Ran, let me out.”
 
“No. Not until you hear what I have to say.”
 
“Ran, please.” Please don't make me go through this again.
 
Yohji looked scared, Ran realised. He had never seen the blonde with that expression on his face before.
 
Ran took Yohji by the hand and lead him back to his bed. He pushed at the blonde until he sat and then knelt on the floor by the blonde's side, still holding his hand.
 
“Yohji, I realise that you are trying to get over having your heart broken by a cold, unfeeling bastard, and I realise it will take time for you to return my feelings, if ever, but I'm just asking you to not discount them.”
 
Yohji wasn't looking at Ran, his eyes closed tightly.
 
Ran reached up with his free hand and ran his knuckles lightly across the blonde's cheekbones.
 
“Yohji?”
 
The blonde opened his eyes.
 
“Yohji, what are you so afraid of?”
 
The older assassin closed his eyes again and kept them closed.
 
“That this is a dream,” the blonde whispered so softly that Ran wasn't sure he had heard correctly.
 
Ran took Yohji's second hand in his own and entwined their fingers.
 
“What?”
 
“That this is a dream,” the blonde still whispered the answer but it was a little bit louder.
 
“Yohji, with whom did you fall in love?”
 
The blonde took so long to answer that Ran was sure he was never going to.
 
“You.”
 
Ran let go of the blonde's hands and watched as they fell limply at his (Yohji's) sides. Yohji's eyes were still closed, but Ran understood now; Yohji was expecting him to go, was trying to protect himself.
 
Ran stood up and hearing the movement, Yohji winced.
 
Yohji felt the bed sink next to him and Ran's hands gently holding his face.
 
Then there was a soft pressure against his lips and after a few seconds the pressure was removed.
 
Yohji opened his eyes and put a wondering finger to his lips.
 
Yohji found himself staring at Ran in astonishment.
 
“I love you, Kudoh Yohji, you and only you. I'm sorry that it took me so long to figure it out, but now that I have, I will never let you go, not unless you want me to.”
 
Yohji smiled then, a warm, sweet, tender smile that Ran knew now was reserved just for him.
 
“I love you, too, Fujimiya Ran.”