Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ My Immortal ❯ My Immortal ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss Kreuz or the song 'My Immortal' by Evanescence.

Summary: Disclaimer: I don't own Weiss Kreuz or the song 'My Immortal' by Evanescence.

Summary: Some memories are just too immortalized in the mind to leave for good.

Warnings: Rated R for character death, violence, language, and sexual situations. Aya/Yoji; slight Ken/Omi

My Immortal

Sunlight flooded into the bedroom, warming the side of the bed Aya was sleeping on. He pulled the blanket up over his head and sighed. A few scattered tears slipped down his cheeks as he reluctantly opened his eyes and pushed the blanket away from him. He glanced over at the empty side of the bed.

There was no warm body to curl up against. There was no honey blond hair mussed up from sleep. There was no one pulling him back into bed to stay put for a few more hours.

Aya looked at the alarm clock. Bright, red letters told him it was six-thirty. He sighed again and dragged himself out of the bed. He walked over to the closet and pulled out a pair of his jeans and one of Yoji's sweaters. He faced the mirror on the door and eyed his reflection.

He looked the same, like nothing had changed.

His long, slender fingers curled around the edge of the cuffs of the sweater and he hurried out of the room to make himself something to eat. He passed Ken's room and saw the two younger members of Weiss wrapped in each other's arms. He looked away and headed into the kitchen.

I'm so tired of being here

Aya went into the fridge and looked around. He didn't want anything that they had, mostly Ken's food. He had to go grocery shopping sometime this week. He closed the door and picked up the paper. Sitting down at the table, he opened it up.

The obituaries were listed on a different page than was normal. He tossed the paper onto the table and slid his fingers into his hair, bowing his head.

Everything reminded him of Yoji. The fight they had had refused to leave his mind. He hated it. He hated all the memories that took refuge in his mind. He didn't want them anymore. They were just too painful. Too painful like the ones of his sister and his family.

Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave

He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up into dark blue eyes. Omi gave him a solemn smile with kiss-swollen lips and walked over to the fridge. He pulled out the orange juice and poured himself a glass. He glanced back at Aya.

"It's not your fault, Aya. Some things are bound to happen. There was nothing you could do." Aya nodded and got to his feet. He grabbed his jacket and left the Koneko. It was Sunday, so the shop wasn't going to be open.

He walked over to his Porsche and climbed in, fishing through his pockets for the keys. He started the engine and drove off, trying to think about other things to forget.

Because your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

"Abyssinian, come in." Aya yanked the headset off and threw it against the wall, causing it to fall apart in tiny pieces. He didn't need Omi's voice distracting him from killing the target.

He flicked the excess blood off of his katana and lunged at the frightened target. The blade went right through the man's heart, killing him instantly. Aya pulled the blade free and hurried down the corridor, listening to the alarms going off and for any footsteps heading his way.

A hand shot out and grabbed his shoulder. He spun quickly, katana raised. He growled in anger at Yoji.

"Come on, Balinese. We have to go."

Yoji followed Aya down the rest of the hallway and out of the door. They made it to Kritiker's car and climbed in. Omi and Ken were right behind them, in the bug.

Yoji sprang forward and captured Aya's mouth, pulling the redhead out of assassin mode slightly but enough to get him to respond. They broke apart and Aya put the car in drive.

An explosion came from behind the left rear wheel. Aya felt his head impact with the steering wheel and lifted it back up to gaze at the passenger side. Yoji was trying to get him moving again.

"Aya, we have to get out of the car."

Aya fumbled with the handle of the door and forced it open. Yoji followed him out and they ran into the forest next to them.

Aya heard gunshots and the grunt of pain behind him.

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just to real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

Aya felt Yoji collide into him and turned around to ease the man onto the ground. Yoji had his green eyes squeezed shut against the pain going through his side. More gunfire was coming toward them and Aya pulled Yoji to his feet, slipping a leather-clad arm over his shoulders to help Yoji move.

"Aya, I can't go any further and you know it. Just get the fuck out of here." Aya shook his head and continued moving, dragging Yoji along with him. The sounds were slowly fading away.

Yoji wheezed and collapsed to the ground, pain shooting through his body from his back. Aya removed his hand and sniffed his fingers. The coppery smell of blood washed over him.

"You should have told me that you were hit in the back." Yoji frowned and pushed Aya's hands away. He wanted the redhead, his lover, to get out of the forest. Tears fell freely from emerald eyes. He grabbed Aya's hand.

"Please, Aya, leave. I don't...I don't want you to die. Please, just go." Aya only stared hard at him.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you screamed I'd fight away all of your fears
And I've held your hand through all of these years

"I'm not leaving a teammate behind." Aya attempted to lift Yoji off of the ground. Yoji hit him. Hard. Splitting his lip hard.

"I told you, Aya! Get the fuck out of here! Who is going to watch over chibi and soccer punk if we both die. I lost Asuka but I'm not going to lose you." Aya opened his mouth to say something. Yoji leaned forward and kissed him passionately. "Please, Aya. I love you."

The redhead reluctantly stood up and started backing away. He didn't want to leave. He didn't want Yoji to remain behind. The blond gave him a look and he turned around. He began hurrying out of the forest.

But you still have all of me

Aya opened his eyes and braked hard. He hadn't realized that he had spaced out while driving. Lucky for him, no one else was on that particular street. He crossed his arms over the steering wheel and rested his head on top of them.

You used to captivate me
By your resonating light

Yoji wrapped his arms around Aya's waist and drew him close. The redhead's lavender eyes were focused on the fireplace in the living room of the cabin. Honey blond hair tickled his cheek as he turned around to face the taller man. Yoji flashed him a smile.

"Is it interesting?" He pointed to the fire. Aya shrugged.

Yoji yanked lightly on an eartail and leaned forward to kiss Aya. He licked the younger man's bottom lip and Aya opened his mouth for him. His tongue darted in, exploring the wet cavern. He heard a small moan from Aya and broke off the kiss, grabbing the redhead's hand.

"Come on, love. I have something I want to show you."

Aya followed Yoji into the bedroom. On the bed lay a small, black box. He motioned Aya to open it and the redhead, hesitantly, did so.

Inside was a silver cross on a leather thong.

Yoji grasped it and put it around the pale neck.

"Thank you." It was spoken quietly but Yoji still heard it and allowed himself a smile.

But now I'm bound by the life you left behind

Yoji wrapped an arm around his sleeping lover's waist and put his chin onto of Aya's head, the scent of lavender filling his nostrils. He was lucky to have found someone who loved him unconditionally and without regret.

He closed his eyes and allowed sleep to claim him.

Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

Aya lifted his head up from the steering wheel and started the car once more. He drove around aimlessly for a few hours before stopping by the cemetery. He allowed a flood of emotions to go through him.

He felt the side of his arm and the bandage covering the bullet wound he had received. Yoji's final words echoed through his head like they were spoken yesterday.

"I love you."

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just to real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

He walked silently through the necropolis and paused in front of Yoji's grave. He felt tears sting his eyes but they didn't fall. He watched as a few leaves scattered across the ground due to the wind. He let go of his arm and felt at ease.

It was as though Yoji was standing behind him, wrapping warm, protective arms around his waist.

When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you scream I'd fight away all of your fears

Aya tangled his fingers around the cross on his neck. He remembered when Yoji gave it to him. He had never really repaid the older man back for the gift. He honestly never knew what to give the blond. He seemed to have everything already.

He had looked for something though. He even found something.

He put a hand inside his pocket and pulled out the brown envelope. The gift wasn't much but it meant something to him. He pulled the earrings out and looked at them.

Silver crosses, like the one he had been given.

He hadn't given it to Yoji. He was going to after the mission. He never had the chance.

A single tear escaped and rolled down his pale cheek.

And I've held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

Aya dropped to one knee in front of the headstone and place the earrings next to the roses he had brought the day before. He wiped the tears away and stood back up. It was still too painful to visit the cemetery, especially since his family already resided here.

He had lost another person he loved. He didn't know what he would do if he lost the rest of his friends and his sister.

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
And though your still with me

Aya walked back to his car and climbed inside. Several years worth of tears fell from his violet eyes before he had a chance to stop them. He couldn't help it anymore. There was no one around him that he had to act tough and emotionless.

He could just have a small breakdown in peace.

After a few minutes, he wiped his eyes and started the car. He had to head home. He remembered something that Yoji had mentioned to him before. He didn't want to lose that.

That one final memory that he didn't have to try to recall.

He heard Yoji's words, all of the things he had said throughout their relationship, echo through his mind. He made a startling revelation about the blond.

I've been alone all along

__________________________________________________________________ ______________

This is my first attempt at yaoi. I honestly don't care for writing slash of any kind but, after having read a few, I've decided to give it a try. Please, leave a review and tell me what you think.