Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ When All Is Said And Done ❯ X ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

……………
X
Touko
 
“Amon?” Touko asked, surprised. Amon stepped through the threshold of her apartment and moved passed her to go into the living room. He sat down on the couch, on Robin's end, and crossed his legs the way most males. She smiled at him and moved over to the kitchen. “I was just going to get a start on lunch,” she informed him. Surely he would stay and eat.
“What are you making?” Amon asked.
“Just a few sandwiches. With that Italian meat you like.” Amon nodded. She smiled as she turned away from him and began to prepare their lunch. “So what brings you by?” Amon didn't respond right away. He seemed to be pondering his response.
“I…missed you…” Touko nodded to herself. Of course he did. Who wouldn't? She turned away from the counter and faced him.
“What exactly do you miss?”
“Everything.” Amon stood and walked over to her slowly. He reached his arms out to her, stopping when she turned away.
“Really?” she asked, color rushing to her cheeks. She pulled her hair behind her ear, letting him see his effect on her.
“Yes,” Amon said. She turned to him and closed the distance between them with haste.
“Do you…regret ending it?” she asked, looking up at him. His eyes were deep and shiny. She couldn't see far past the walls he'd built over his emotions just yet, but she knew that deep inside, he cared for her, and wanted her back.
“I…don't know why…I let those thoughts get to me,” he said. “I just…I was confused, Touko.”
“Were you confused when you told Robin you no longer wanted to be with me, while I sat there, crying on the couch?”
“I was not in my right mind, Touko.”
“Were you confused when you hugged her, and told her you were sorry for what you'd done to her?”
 
Amon
 
Conniving rat he thought. He didn't know what to say. It would be fine to make her believe he wasn't fully there when he broke up with her, but for her to imply that he didn't mean to apologize to Robin angered him.
“You still…hold a grudge against her?” Amon asked. He had to employ everything he had to show emotion: confusion, regret, love. He realized it was easy to pretend when it came to Touko. She would fall for it; it seemed that she already was falling for it. But when it came to Robin and Michael, he could never. He couldn't fake emotions towards anyone he really cared for.
“Amon…can't you see? She tried to come between us. This is all her fault. She…tries to pretend she's innocent, but is she really? She's done nothing but come between us and our lives. She's even caused setbacks for the STN, this you've told me yourself. Wouldn't…wouldn't things be okay without her, Amon? Without her interference?” Touko reached up and stroked Amon's hair. “Just me and you…?” She pressed forward to kiss him. He went to kiss her back, but guilt pushed him into turning his face so that they hugged instead. She pulled away slowly, and gave him that lust-filled gaze she gave when she wanted sex. He couldn't. He wouldn't go that far. He just had to go far enough to get her to talk, and that was his limit.
His communication device went off and Amon was startled. When he saw Touko's look of annoyance, he acted annoyed along with her.
“What is it, Michael?” he asked impatiently.
“Amon…?” Michael asked, a little startled. At hearing his voice and seeing his face, Amon felt his heart race and his stomach flutter, and he blinked in confusion. There was a moment of hesitance before Michael continued. “There's something you really need to see. How soon can you get here?”
“Can't it wait?” Amon almost growled.
“Well, what are you doing?” Michael asked, sounding a little confused. Amon watched as he did some work on the other end. “Oh, this is rich,” Michael said, his tone flat. “Busy, are we?” Amon felt a flash of heat and stepped away from Touko.
“What is it about?” he asked, with a sudden loss of edge in his voice. He didn't like the disappointment in Michael's voice.
“It doesn't matter,” Michael said. “I can see you've got your hands tied enough as it is. Hey, do me a favor and tell her I said hi, will you?”
“Michael—”
“Later.”
“No…Michael!” Michael ended the call. Amon stared at the device, gripping it tightly. Shit!
“So you can stay?” Touko asked. Amon tried desperately to slip back into character, but hearing her voice made him want to punch something. Touko wasn't going to ruin what he'd just built with Michael. She wasn't going to ruin his fellow hunter's trust in him. Michael wasn't supposed to know just yet. Amon didn't want to think about what Michael might have been thinking. Amon turned to Touko.
“When he acts that way, it means it's important,” he said. “I have to go. I'll be back tonight. I'll definitely be back tonight.”
“Yes,” Touko said.
“Wait for me,” he told her, and left the apartment quickly.
 
Touko
 
She stood there, stunned. He was serious about this, wasn't he? She blushed furiously and held herself while she attempted to pull herself together. Her heart raced quickly and she thought back to all the times they were together. Her body shivered with anticipation.
Once she was able to pull herself back to reality, reality hit her hard. She gasped and spun towards the phone. She picked up the receiver and dialed out a number.
“What is it?” the voice on the other end asked.
“There's been a change in plans,” she said. “She has to go alone. Don't send him out with her.”
“What are you talking about?” the voice boomed. “It will go just as we planned, Touko.”
“But…no…we…”
“He was there, wasn't he?”
“It's…it's over now, he and I have made up. You can't send him out with her! You just can't.”
“He's going to go, Touko and I don't want to hear another word about it. You shouldn't have been so desperate to do this if there was still hope left. He's a dog, and she's nothing but a filthy witch. It will go as planned.” The phone clicked on the other end.
“Damnit!” Touko whispered sharply. She went to her closet, pulled out her jacket and fled from the apartment.
 
Amon
 
“Answer, Michael,” Amon pleaded, racing back to the Flat. It was getting dark by that time and the temperature had dropped considerably. Despite this, Amon felt like he was on fire. His nerves and his adrenaline were completely revved up. The only thing he wanted was to see Michael again.
Michael wouldn't answer. Amon gave up trying to reach him, tossing his phone over on his seat. He pulled into the gates of the STN and down into the parking garage. He hurried from his car to the elevator and rapidly pressed the button for five. He looked up impatiently, almost bouncing on his heels. The elevator ascended, then began to shake. Amon stood stock-still and waited. The elevator car stopped shaking, and came to a halt. Amon looked at the numbers. He was only on the fourth floor. He pressed for five again, but nothing happened.
Kuso…” he muttered and the lights went out. “Damnit!”
……………
kaj