Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ When All Is Said And Done ❯ XIII ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

XIII
Amon
 
Where on earth had Michael run off to? Robin had already been admitted and was now receiving care, but where was Michael? Amon couldn't remember when he'd left. He remembered helping Sakaki get Robin from the back seat, then carrying her inside. The nurses at the desk had rushed over, and gotten help for her. Amon moved the car, filled out papers for Robin, and then joined Sakaki in the waiting room. When he entered the room, he expected Michael to be there with Sakaki, but he wasn't. After asking around, Amon found out that the nurses hadn't seen him come in.
Amon needed Michael. All Michael would have to do is sit there and Amon would feel better. But Amon was distraught. His stomach hurt. He needed Michael there with him. He looked over to Sakaki.
Sakaki was staring at the floor, his legs bouncing nervously and his hands gripping the arms of the chair he sat in. He hadn't moved from that position since Amon came in the first time. Amon wasn't even sure that Sakaki noticed he was sitting right next to him. Amon sighed. He needed a break. He patted Sakaki's shoulder. Sakaki looked at him, and the bouncing ceased.
“I'm going outside for a little while.” Sakaki's nod was automatic; Amon was sure he hadn't heard a word. He patted his shoulder again and stood up. He walked out of the room and looked at the signs that told him where to go to reach certain places. One of those places was the cafeteria. Cafeteria.
Amon hurried towards it, snaking through a series of halls to get to it. To reach the cafeteria's entrance from the side of the hospital Amon stood on, he had to walk down a long hall. The left wall was all windows, and through the windows was the cafeteria. They were several people inside. Amon didn't see Michael. He went inside to get a better look, but still didn't find him. He got a small cup of coffee and headed back through the halls to reach the lobby. Through there, he left the hospital.
Outside was cool. Not to say that the hospital wasn't cold, but outside, it felt natural. Amon sat down on one of the benches and sighed to himself. He took a sip of his coffee and leaned back. He looked among the different people standing out there. Some were smoking and others were looking impatient. Amon noticed he was the only one sitting. He didn't mind that. He was tired and he didn't feel like standing up. He took another sip of his coffee, perking when he heard the click clack of heeled shoes on the pavement. He looked up and saw that Touko was running over to him. He stood up quickly. She stopped in front of him and grabbed on to his arm.
“Amon,” she said, her breath coming out in heavy pants. “I'm so glad I caught up with you.”
“What is it?” Amon asked.
“Where's…where's Robin?”
“She's inside, getting treatment.” Touko placed a hand on her chest and sat down on the bench. “What's going on?” Amon asked her.
“You…you should be okay here,” she said.
“What do you mean by that?” Touko swallowed hard, then looked up at Amon.
“I'm…I'm sorry,” she said. “I… There's something I have to tell you.”
 
Michael
 
“So, what are we waiting for?” Michael asked. “This is kind of awkward…being in a hospital room and all.”
“Be patient,” Zaizen said. Michael could tell Zaizen was more anxious than he was. He stood up and walked around the room.
“Why here?” he asked. “Can't we turn on some lights?”
“Just be patient.” Zaizen looked at his watch and then went over to the window and looked out.
“We should talk,” Michael said. “It'll help pass the time.”
“I have nothing more to say to you. You've been nothing but a pain since we've acquired you.”
“Well, what do you expect, with someone like you as my boss…?” Michael said. Zaizen went quickly over to Michael and struck him in the face. Michael, caught off guard, stumbled back and fell over, knocking several items down with him as he fell.
“Shit,” Zaizen said. Michael figured it was because of all the noise he'd made on his way down. Zaizen went over to the door and opened it. He looked up and down the hall, then came back in. Belatedly, Michael felt the pain growing in his jaw. He worked it slightly, and held his hand to his mouth. He remained on the floor for the time.
Zaizen went back over to the window. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number, then put the receiver to his ear.
“Where are you?” he asked. “Good. Come up here right away.” Zaizen hung up and turned to Michael. “You realize I can't let you go?”
“I don't remember you ever setting me free,” Michael said. “You own me, remember?” He shook his head and picked at his shoes. “This really sucks,” he said. “And it's not a good idea to use cell phones in hospitals.” Zaizen didn't respond. Two minutes later, someone knocked on the door. Zaizen walked over and opened the door. It was Touko. Great.
“You're late,” Zaizen said to Touko. Touko walked inside, shrugging her jacket from her shoulders.
“Somehow,” she said. “I feel my timing is perfect.” Touko looked down at Michael. “What's he doing here?” she asked.
“Minor setback,” Zaizen said. “He'll be easy to dispose of. Did you bring what I asked?” Touko nodded and removed her gun from her jacket. Double great. Now Michael was going to get shot. He watched Touko very closely. She looked at the gun, then went to hand it to Zaizen. Before he could take it, she pulled it back.
“You know…?” Touko said. “There's something wrong with this picture.”
“What are you doing?” Zaizen asked. He was becoming annoyed again.
“The gun is now in my hands, not yours. I think I quite like it this way.” She held the gun correctly and aimed it at Zaizen. “Yes,” she said. “I like it much more this way.” Michael's eyes widened and he watched with interest.
“What are you doing?” Zaizen asked again.
“Perhaps…I'm doing exactly what it looks like. There's someone here to see you, pops.”
“Touko…” Zaizen trailed off as Amon came into the room. Michael stood up quickly.
“Amon!” he said.
“Get out of here, Michael. Sakaki's sitting in the waiting room.” Michael hesitated. Amon looked at him. “Go on,” he said. Michael slowly left the room. Amon closed the door behind him and flipped on the light. He returned his eyes to Zaizen's. He was going to enjoy this immensely.
……………
kaj