X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Confusion ❯ Separation and Experimentation 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sibling Confusion 1 Separation and Experimentation
Chapter 1
 
"Melody, Scott, Alex, come on, it's time for dinner," a woman called out into the yard from her back porch.
In came her three children with smiles spread completely across their faces.
"After dinner we get cake, right?" the little girl asked.
"Yes, Melody, of course we'll have your birthday cake after dinner," the woman assured her.
"Mom, I never thought about it before, but how come Melody can talk to well already?" the older of the two boys asked as he looked down at his younger sister. "I mean, I don't remember Alex talking this clearly when he was two."
"That's because you're sister is different. Everyone learns at their own pace," the mother responded as she picked her daughter up and lead the pack inside to eat.
The family of five ate their dinner and after a while celebrated the birthday of their youngest member before shutting down for the night and going to bed.
"Mom, why can't we go wake her up?" the oldest brother asked from the doorway the next morning at eleven o'clock.
"Because, it's her birthday, let her rest," the mother insisted as she shooed her two sons away from the door of her youngest.
The next day, Melody emerged from her bedroom looking as if she were a ghost.
"Melody, what's wrong with you?" the middle child, Alex, asked as he rushed up to her.
"I don't know," the girl admitted as she coughed slightly.
"Scott, what's going on?" Alex asked his other brother.
"I don't have a clue. Where are Mom and Dad?" Scott asked as he came over and checked his sister's forehead.
"They went into town," Alex replied as he looked on with worry.
"Scott, my head hurts," Melody complained as she closed her eyes. "Make it stop, please, brother."
"I don't know how," Scott admitted with dismay as he watched his baby sister grab her head with both hands and fall to her knees.
"What's going on, Scott?" Alex demanded as he fell beside his sister.
"Scott, help me," Melody begged as she fought through the pain enough to open her left eye and reach out for her older brother.
"Hold on, I'll call an ambulance," the six-year-old stated. "Everything's going to be all right," he reassured his siblings as he ran off to get the phone.
"Hold on, Melody, you're going to be fine, Scott said so," Alex stated as he pulled his sister close.
"Make the voices stop, Alex, they're too loud," Melody whispered as she clung to her brother tightly.
The ambulance arrived shortly and the paramedics rushed inside to the children's aid. Melody was passed out on Alex's lap as Scott tried desperately to reach his parents on their cell phone.
"What's going on here?" the brown-haired mother gasped as she came into the house and dropped her groceries on the ground, watching the paramedics carrying her youngest to the ambulance. "What's wrong with Melody?"
"We don't know, she just started complaining about her head hurting," Alex responded as he ran over towards her.
"I'm sorry, Mom, I didn't know what to do," Scott apologized. "I won't ever insist on babysitting again, I promise."
"It's not your fault, Honey," Mrs. Summers reassured him as her husband walked in.
"I'll take the boys, you go with Melody," Mr. Summers stated as he took Alex from his wife.
"Thank you," Mrs. Summers nodded as she rushed off after her baby.
By the time the male Summers arrived at the hospital, Mrs. Summers was already crying in the waiting room, having just received the horrible news.
"She's gone," she bawled into her hands as her husband wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him.
"What's wrong, Mommy?" Alex asked. "Where's Melody? She's all right, right?"
"No, Alex, we were too late," Mrs. Summers sniffled as she tried to wipe the tears away and act brave in front of her boys.
"No," Alex and Scott shook their heads as they backed up.
"I'm so sorry, boys, you did everything you could," Mr. Summers tried to comfort them.
Meanwhile, in room 659, a man in a long white jacket wearing goggles loomed over little Melody as she fought to concentrate on the world around her.
"Bigfoot," the man stated as he looked to the corner of the room. "Meet our new project."
Out stepped a large, cat-like man with long light-brown hair going wild. "I still don't see why I can't be next."
"Because I want to make sure to get all of the kinks out of the system before using it on you," the goggled man stated. "I wouldn't want anything to go wrong while operating on one of my most prized experiments."
The cat-like man growled in response to this.
"What's going on?" Melody asked as she forced herself into a sitting position, still holding her head slightly. "Are you going to help me? Can you make the voices stop?"
"Yes, as a matter of fact we can," the goggled man smiled as he pulled out a handkerchief. He poured some sort of liquid onto the handkerchief and quickly held the cloth over Melody's nose and mouth. Within moments, the young girl fell unconscious and was carried off by the cat-like man into the unknown.