X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Confusion ❯ Separation and Experimentation 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sibling Confusion 1 Separation and Experimentation
Chapter 2
 
When the girl awoke a few hours later, she found herself on a private airplane heading for Japan. Her fate had been sealed, as the goggled man had made sure to tell her, she would never see her family again. She spent the whole flight crying as the sense of helplessness took over her entire being.
"So, tell me again why we have to re-try this experiment? We already know that it was a success with Weapon X," the cat-like man called Bigfoot or Sabertooth asked stubbornly as the plane began its decent in Japan.
"Because, with Weapon X I used a stable adamantium that once molded to the skeleton's form would not alter," the goggled man replied. "This time we have a new form of adamantium that will actually evolve with the skeleton that it's formed around."
"So that's why you went after the small fry," Sabertooth observed.
"Yes, it will be easier to determine the side affects of the process in a younger body that is still trying to grow," the goggled man nodded as the plane reached the runway.
Melody couldn't do anything to stop what was about to happen to her.
The next two years were filled with nightmares as she tried desperately to free herself from the large castle that was her prison while trying to prevent the goggled man, whose name she quickly learned to be William Stryker, from succeeding in his experiments. As the days ticked on, she found herself wishing more and more for death. She began to force herself to forget her past and anything that had once given her a reason to live. Slowly she began to forget about her family members, though they never forgot about her.
The first year and a half was committed to taking blood samples, observation, and other such tests that were seemingly crucial to the bigger experiment that Stryker had in mind. As the days rolled by, though Melody forgot about everything and everyone she had once loved she continually drew the faces of her family members on anything she could get her hands on. The faces had no names in her memory; they were just faces that gave her some form of comfort in the world where she had no one to socialize with. She could always have imaginary conversations with them in her mind when she was feeling lonely. The conversations were always warm and friendly, and no matter how horrible or hopeless she was feeling, they would help to cheer her up and restore her thoughts of escape.
Then, her the night before the anniversary of her fourth birthday, Stryker decided that his preparations were complete and began his big experiment on the poor unconscious Melody Summers.