X-men Evolution Fan Fiction ❯ Sibling Confusion ❯ Destiny Training 1 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sibling Confusion 2 Destiny Training
Chapter 1
 
The day after her fourth birthday, Melody regained feeling to her numb body to feel something soft cradling her. She tried to force her eyes to open and succeeded with great difficulty. She looked at her surroundings to find herself not in the rusty old castle that she had grown so accustomed to but an actually warm environment. There were soft white curtains over a large window as well as draping around the canopy of the king sized bed she was laying in. The walls were painted with a soft cream, not too bright to reflect the lights into one's eyes, but not too dramatic of a change in color to distract from the simplicity of the room. She looked to the side of her bed where a nightstand stood holding a tall skinny vase with a single dark red rose within it. She forced herself into a sitting position as she pulled the white sheets closer to her body, feeling self conscious for reasons she couldn't even fathom.
"Ah, so you're awake," the voice of a man greeted from the doorway.
Melody instantly squeezed her eyes shut and tried to hide herself back in her bed, fearing that the torture was not over.
"Calm down, Melody," the man cooed as he walked over and placed something on the nightstand before sitting on the edge of the bed and resting his hand gently on the bunch of sheets that covered her shoulder. "You're safe now."
"H-how do you know my name?" she asked as she peeked out from the covers to see that it was not Stryker, but a man looking to be in his late forties with black hair and warm brown eyes.
"I know much about you, Melody Summers," he smiled. "Everything will be explained in time. But first, you must eat."
Melody came out from under the covers as he handed her a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast.
"What happened to the castle? And…Stryker?" she whispered the name for fear that he would jump out from around a corner, and instantly her eyes darted around the room in search of his bald, goggled form.
"There is nothing to fear here. You're under my care now," the man explained. "You can just call me Sensei."
"Sensei?" she blinked.
"Yes, it means teacher," the man explained. "I'm afraid I didn't free you from the castle in time to stop whatever that scientist had planned for you. I discovered you in a recovery facility stuck in your state of absence. I don't know what he did to you, but the important thing is that you're still alive. If I had only known that you had emerged so shortly I could have spared you that whole terrible experience."
"State of what?" Melody blinked after swallowing her mouth full of toast covered in eggs and bacon.
"They'll be plenty of time for questions and answers later, relax for now and fill your stomach; I doubt that greedy scientist fed you properly," the man called Sensei smiled as he got up. "I'll have one of my servants go out and buy you a decent outfit to wear as well. When you are finished eating, just leave the dishes on the nightstand and get some more rest."
With that, the man left.